Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E16: Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner

• Start Topic

The chief stew entrusts two crew members with the task of organizing a foam party for the guests; the party falls short of expectations; the bosun lands himself in hot water when he's caught texting again; the crew's final night out takes a turn.

Airdate: 01/22/2024

OMG... Kyle has deluded himself to the point of thinking he got his emotions 'under control' when his wakeup call from Sandy came in??  Let's reverse the tape a bit to when he was crying in front of the restaurant bartender and Tumi because nobody told him that Natalia was visiting! He needs medication.

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 6
  • Love 1

Yeah Natalya’s appearance wasn’t contrived at all.

The Luka and Jessika thing also was dubious.

Only thing kind of surprising was that Kyle and Lara spoke in Afrikaans and Tumi apparently doesn’t.

• Useful 1

Can Bravo get any more trashy? Showing those two grown women getting so drunk that they can barely walk and talk and then climbing into bed with men who have no more interest in them than having a final roll in the sack. I was so embarrassed for them that I had to turn it off when thy got back to the boat.

If this is Bravo's idea of entertainment I'm done with this trash.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3

Kyle acted all tough in his interview saying "he's done" with Natalya only to be moved to tears by the thought of seeing her. Does he think the cameras missed his groveling for forgiveness? He's such a toxic mess.

Luka and his stupid butterfly tattoo. I see his point that they aren't officially together but common courtesy dictates that you don't make out with multiple people in one night. Then again, can't feel bad for Jess, she still wanted him.

If I were those guests, the last thing  I'd want to do it be driven around in sprinter vans all day.  

• Like 7
1 hour ago, snarts said:

If I were those guests, the last thing  I'd want to do it be driven around in sprinter vans all day.  

If sprinter vans are involved I want one of the RHOSLC ladies to be involved, HLS and Kathy Hilton.

• LOL 5

This has easily been the worst season of the worst BD show ever. The last charter was a total bust. I would have left them zero tip.

The show spent the last half of the season promoting and teasing the reappearance of Natalya, like they knew "hey, this is literally all we got." And it all amounted to next to nothing. More crying and carrying on from Kyle, like we needed any more of that. And Jess making a fool of herself, getting wasted and macking on some kid that looked like he was about 16. Then hopping into bed with Luka again. I think she wins "Most Pathetic" of all the stews we've ever seen.

I really don't care to hear Sandy's final thoughts on the departing crew. Her opinion means nothing to me. I especially don't need to hear her tell Kyle he's a "good person." No he isn't. Then again neither is she. Why this franchise insists on keeping her I'll never know.

Bravo has the weirdest rules for censorship. They can get away with saying "he wants his dick wet" but they bleep the F word.

Sandy and Tumi were on WWHL and I lost what little respect I had left for Tumi. Not only did she refuse to own up to talking behind all four of her subordinates backs, but it turns out she's friends with Ryan, that awful chef Captain Jason fired. Sandy has really changed her tune about Hannah. I take it she got the message she's on the losing end of that battle.

Looks like the rumors were true about Captain Kerry taking over for Captain Lee on the OG BD. Fraser and Benny are both back, I didn't recognize anyone else in the promos.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1

Good lawd, what in the world was Nat wearing when she met up with the crew? She looked ridiculous.

Shut up Kyle. Somethings are not about you.

Tumi had a few times during the season to redeem herself but in the end she never really rallied, her stew skills are minimal, there was no "wow," moment for her showing why she was a chief stew.

Jack never gave us amazing plating, Sandy didn't once say anything about it, 

I forgot Hayley was even there or when she wasn't.

Jess did herself no favors, drunk and trying to kiss all the boys.

OMG Lily, that outfit on the last night looked like a hot mess, with tennis shoes, just a sad looking hooker on the run outfit.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Bravo has the weirdest rules for censorship. They can get away with saying "he wants his dick wet" but they bleep the F word.

Your ire is directed at the wrong people here, it's the FCC that it needs to be directed at.

• Wink 1
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Jack never gave us amazing plating, Sandy didn't once say anything about it, 

Sandy's favorite chef is Dave from last season. You know, the psycho who obsessed over Natasha. Tells you a lot about Sandy.

I suspect Sandy is trying to do some damage repair to her image. We aren't seeing her micromanaging nearly as much as she used to, nor is she popping in to take the guests' temperatures every five minutes. Either the producers gave her a reality check or she got one for herself just from social media.

• Like 5

Sandy has not really gotten a reality check. On WWHL she badmouthed Kyle , to follow the party line, bad at the end she was complimenting him.  And of course she is not playing oblivious that she did not know how bad things were, on the show.  Made me sick with her slobbering all over Kyle at the final farewell.

I used to like Luca, but he really is a fuck boy.  I wonder how many STDs were spread this season?  

If Tumi and Kyle come back,next season,  I'm out.

• Like 7
35 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

Sandy has not really gotten a reality check.

Well, I didn't say she was making the most of it. But she seems to have gotten the message more people are on Hannah's side than hers and she's back pedaling hard from shitting on her. She's also seemingly aware social media came down hard on Kyle this season so she's willing to admit he's a shit stirrer and a drama queen but it appears she also knows he's not going anywhere because Bravo seems to love him so she's making excuses for him.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Good lawd, what in the world was Nat wearing when she met up with the crew? She looked ridiculous.

I thought she looked pretty hot...I don't get out much <sigh>

• LOL 4
19 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Jess did herself no favors, drunk and trying to kiss all the boys

I was so proud of her when she found out he was texting Katie Flood and she acknowledged that they are just hooking up, it was not a relationship.  Only for her to throw all that good feeling out the door and precedes to get way too drunk too soon into the evening.   Embarrassing herself by sucking face with a random dude. The icing on the cake, was her going to bed with Luka and Bravo had to show us they did in fact HOOK UP.  Why?  I personally thought she was too drunk to give consent, but others did try to talk her out of it, and she sounded somewhat sober so IDK. 

Speaking of Luka, I changed my mind on what I thought of him after watching this episode.  Not sure why it had to be a secret that Natalya was coming to dinner, but whatever.  She only showed up to start shit.  I don't think she expected Kyle to apologize but instead continue the fight.  And she seemed ready to go when she got there.  Big build up for a big nothing.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, aqusdealer said:

I thought she looked pretty hot...I don't get out much <sigh>

All these women have great figures but chose the worst clothing, I will never understand it.  Nat wore lime green velvet bell bottoms and a long line bra that looked like someone would wear under a strapless wedding dress, there are so many better versions of that outfit...so many other choices.

She also did not look like she was in to Luca at all, like Bravo said show up and flirt and she really didn't want to.

• Like 2

Producers stashed Natalia in the city after she left so that she could show up at the end.

In fact her departure probably was scripted too.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

All these women have great figures but chose the worst clothing, I will never understand it. 

Lily was wearing some god-awful contraption made out of strings. The editors had to blur out her nipples peeking through at one point. And someone threw her over their shoulder so we got quick shot of her thong-clad ass. 

Classy to the end.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Lily was wearing some god-awful contraption made out of strings. The editors had to blur out her nipples peeking through at one point. And someone threw her over their shoulder so we got quick shot of her thong-clad ass. 

This was definitely at poor choice for a club outfit.  I laughed at Bravo having to blur her nipples sticking out of the holes in her "outfit".

But I like Lily.  She did not take herself too seriously, learned how to do laundry (I think), and knew French guy was only a hook up and not some romantic long term relationship.  Good for her.  I hope they ask her back.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

My skin was actually crawling this whole episode…between the toxic married couple arguing, Kyle’s drunken crying, Lily’s ridiculous outfit and Luka’s s**t eating f*ck boy grin…ugh.  What a bunch of unlikeable people.  I hope this is Captain Sandy’s last hurrah.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
(edited)

What a weird and awkward episode. Honestly, the only two crew members from this season I would want to see again are Lara and Lily. 

I know Kyle has been all over the place and the general consensus toward him is hate… but I just feel bad for him. He’s emotionally unstable. And Jess… bless your heart. An insecure young woman and I feel genuine sadness for her. 

I dunno. I feel kinda gross after finishing the season - like it’s crossed the line from silly drama to overt exploitation. 

Edited by Lunula
  • Like 5
  • Love 1

Kyle really outdid himself with the pathetic drama.  Not a person I would want anywhere near me.  Jess is pathetic too.  Gets all hurt by Luka, makes pitiful attempts at revenge he couldn't care less about, then jumps in bed with him.  Sad

Sandy's efforts at diplomacy seem so forced.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, PaperTree said:

Kyle really outdid himself with the pathetic drama.  Not a person I would want anywhere near me.

Yes the kind of person that when near, drains the life out of you.

• Like 6
  • Love 2
On 1/24/2024 at 1:06 PM, gaPeach said:

This was definitely at poor choice for a club outfit.  I laughed at Bravo having to blur her nipples sticking out of the holes in her "outfit".

But I like Lily.  She did not take herself too seriously, learned how to do laundry (I think), and knew French guy was only a hook up and not some romantic long term relationship.  Good for her.  I hope they ask her back.

I wouldn't put it past the producers to have her back as chief stew!  Think of all the drama/hijinks that would ensue! 

• LOL 1
On 1/24/2024 at 9:59 PM, MartyQui said:

My skin was actually crawling this whole episode…between the toxic married couple arguing, Kyle’s drunken crying, Lily’s ridiculous outfit and Luka’s s**t eating f*ck boy grin…ugh.  What a bunch of unlikeable people.  I hope this is Captain Sandy’s last hurrah.

That couple was painful to see. He was obviously not wanting to be there and complaining through most of it.

Vile Kyle, a lot of us were done with his lazy, crying ass.

• Like 6
20 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I wouldn't put it past the producers to have her back as chief stew!  Think of all the drama/hijinks that would ensue! 

Who, Lily? That would be hysterical, she would be fun.

• Like 1
  • Wink 1
  • Love 1

I wanted to post so badly last week, but Kyle posted on Instagram he's done with BD and won't be back. Fingers crossed. You wouldn't believe the sycophants that responded on his account. It's nauseating. 

He really thought he was a super popular Bravo-lebrity and obviously got a severe wake-up call this season, both on the show and on social media. The final straw had to be realizing everyone - but him - was in on the Natalya return, meaning the show saw him as a stooge rather than a star. That, on top of getting a dressing down from Sandy and spending the rest of the season taking to his bed and feigning illness because of it. 

Now if we could just get rid of Sandy . . .

• Like 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
(edited)

This season was pretty bad, probably worst I've seen.

Of the crew, I'd be good to see again:

Deck crew: Lara, Max, Hayleigh,

Interior: Maybe Jess, to see if she has grown any  Lily.

Edited by MajorNelson