Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12: LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

You could put flowered collars on the goats and have them be attendants!

Just a suggestion of course, they would eat the flowers.

I've hearded goats when I was young, my Grandma had goats.  They will absolutely eat flowers.  And no goat ever does anything except what she wants to do.  Training them to stand still or go only to specific places... yeah right.   They are adorable, but don't mix them with a party unless you want pure chaos. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

That sounds amazing!

Oh it was. Mr Lemon still talks about and it was over 20 years ago. They stole picnic tables from a public park. They told everyone there would be signs on the main road say where to turn. The sign said WEDING. I kid you not. And there were rabbits. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
5 minutes ago, mk828 said:

I am getting married in October. Was thinking about doing it in my brother's backyard, he has pet goats. My fiancée just said, look we could had tractor too. 

Goats are over. Its alpacas now. Get with the program. 

(Seriously, congratulations!!)

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

They seem happy, 99 percent of the relationships we see on this show are toxic or abusive in one way or another.

I feel like TLC is lulling us into a false sense of security. The first episode of the new season is hopeful and uplifting, but as usual, the season goes downhill at some point.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

I've hearded goats when I was young, my Grandma had goats.  They will absolutely eat flowers.  And no goat ever does anything except what she wants to do.  Training them to stand still or go only to specific places... yeah right.   They are adorable, but don't mix them with a party unless you want pure chaos. 

What about an alpaca ? 90:day refrigerator….i meant reference but the autocorrect gave me another 90 day reference 😂 

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, lemoncake said:

Oh it was. Mr Lemon still talks about and it was over 20 years ago. They stole picnic tables from a public park. They told everyone there would be signs on the main road say where to turn. The sign said WEDING. I kid you not. And there were rabbits. 

This story just keeps getting better and better...

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
Just now, OoogleEyes said:

They live in a tent. 

Oh shit. This is not good. But damn - "I'm grateful to have a roof over my head???" This woman is a fucking inspiration...

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Goats are over. Its alpacas now. Get with the program. 

(Seriously, congratulations!!)

1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

What about a llama? 90:day refrigerator….i meant reference but the autocorrect gave me another 90 day reference 😂 

What can be more fun on a wedding day than being spat on by an animal that can spit really far and whose spit is really icky! 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
2 minutes ago, lemoncake said:

This is the most amazing thing I have read in my life

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Living in a "greenhouse" in a friend's backyard that looks like a small tornado blew through...wow.

You know, Damien's not a bad-looking guy if he'd get his teeth fixed.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

It's a greenhouse. I can't imagine how miserable that is. 

It’s not even glass. Just plastic on a frame. 

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
Just now, Elizzikra said:

Oh shit. This is not good. But damn - "I'm grateful to have a roof over my head???" This woman is a fucking inspiration...

My great-grandmother was that way.  Never complained, even though she was orphaned young (father died when she was 2, mother than she was 3), raised by hr brother who didn't let her go to school after one year, married off at 16 to a man twice her age,  half of her nine children died in childhood, she survived two world wars, imprisonment, loss of everything she owned... never complained.  Always said 'it's all in God's hands'.  Whenever I think I have problems, I think back to her and I know I have no actual problems. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Hugs 1
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, lemoncake said:

I love this. Made of awesome. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I would have gotten married barefoot if I could have. I hate having anything on my feet. 

Two stories:

When she was a teen, my sister was outside on the sidewalk in her bare feet. Our stepfather came home and went berserk. He grew up very poor and was barefoot in Miami a lot of the time. He didn't want people to think we were too poor for my sister to have shoes.

Years ago, I went to an academic conference. All of us doctoral students were hanging out and the conversation turned to shoes and needing to find our 'good' shoes for the conference. Then one woman said that she was from Hawaii - she had to find shoes.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

She’s playing Pollyanna’s “Glad Game”

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
Just now, lemoncake said:

I'm so sad to leave my greenhouse home. Something I'd never thought I'd see

A greenhouse in Texas would be fucking hot 

• Applause 1

Only half an hour left. Have to squeeze in surgery, recovery, and walk in the park while she voiceovers about her "journey" and how excited she is to see what the future holds. 

• Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2
3 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I love this. Made of awesome. 

Oh believe me,it was an eye opener to this suburban girl from Connecticut. Since moving to Florida 35 years ago, I've seen and learned a lot. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
(edited)

I think she stayed in the wheelchair because it was starting to rain, and being wheeled in is much faster. 

Current weight: 608 lbs. only 11 more lbs.   I'm devastated.  It's a total of 83 lbs, but still not good.  

Apparently the Stover Jelly Beans are discontinued.   I did read that they produced bags that  are half the size of the usual ones with the remaining stock. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Sad 2