Type keyword(s) to search

The Mama June Clan in the Media

• Start Topic

So this is the "spoiler" page and so my spoiler is that poor Anna passed away earlier this year.

I cannot imagine how these people are going to get thru this heartache.  June's gonna go back to the meth, Alana is going to start eating again like there's no tomorrow....

(edited)

I am so sad for Anna and her children.  I can't believe anyone let June have custody of a helpless child. 

Alana's announced she's going to Regis University in Denver, which is an excellent nursing program.  Since they're a very traditional, Jesuit school, I'm guessing they won't allow filming, and the hospitals certainly won't.   

I bet like a lot of schools they make first and maybe second year students live on campus, unless their family lives in Denver.     I'm hoping Alana takes this chance to grow as a person and have a life outside of reality TV.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
On 2/17/2024 at 6:33 PM, CrazyInAlabama said:

I am so sad for Anna and her children.  I can't believe anyone let June have custody of a helpless child. 

Alana's going to Regis University in Denver, which is an excellent nursing program.  Since they're a very traditional, Jesuit school, I'm guessing they won't allow filming, and the hospitals certainly won't.   

I bet like a lot of schools they make first and maybe second year students live on campus, unless their family lives in Denver.     I'm hoping Alana takes this chance to grow as a person and have a life outside of reality TV.   

I wonder if outside the cocoon of her reality show and social media followers, Alana also got a dose of learning what people REALLY think about that disgusting pig of a mother of hers.  

• Like 4

I'm sure Alana knows, she is on social media. She luckily is strong enough to tell off people who aren't part of her life and move on.  

• Like 2
(edited)

So..June is going to get the weight loss shot. She ought to talk to Tracy Morgan, who managed to outeat the Ozempic and gain weight.

https://people.com/mama-june-shannon-reveals-she-s-starting-weight-loss-injections-8634571

Nice to know that she has money for these shots but not to pay for her kids to go to college.

OH, and she says she put on weight because of t5he stress of caring for her dying daughter Anna. As if she wasn't grotesquely overweight again before Anna came back into the picture.

Edited by newyawk
  • Like 4
  • Angry 2
On 4/17/2024 at 9:46 PM, newyawk said:

OH, and she says she put on weight because of t5he stress of caring for her dying daughter Anna.

She was thin that one year only - she's been packing the pounds back on ever since Sugar Bear married Jennifer.  Stop cramming shit in your mouth - by they way - was she trying to resurrect that "Southern Treats" box grift of hers - it looked like it in the last episode "this is ____ from the box and it's so good."  I didn't think that was still a thing since it was so obviously a complete and utter rip-off.

On 4/17/2024 at 9:53 PM, newyawk said:

Hint: If JUNE said it, consider it a lie.

I would assume that one Pumpkin assumed the legal guardianship of Alana, she would be aware of any and all accounts for Alana.  June spent tens of thousands of dollars - had to sell her house at a loss to pay for "muh adickshun" so if she had access to Alana's money, she TOOK it.  She has no morals.

• Like 5
(edited)

June's never had any morals, she's not starting to having any now.  

My guess is that June will try to parlay the custody of the granddaughter into another season on the show.   How any judge could give that girl's custody to June totally stuns me.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 3
33 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

June's never had any morals, she's not starting to having any now.  

My guess is that June will try to parlay the custody of the granddaughter into another season on the show.   How any judge could give that girl's custody to June totally stuns me.  

I couldn't believe it either when I heard it, considering her past history and even her recent addiction and losing custody of Alana.  But I think you're right - she's looking to parlay it into another season, and more money for the girls' appearance on the show.  Since there are no Coogan laws in Georgia, she'll be keeping ALLLL that money for herself.  And it looks like she's going for another "Not to Hot" storyline scheme with Ozempic.  

I suppose the girls will get social security money but I don't see that it will amount to much.  Anna died young and I believe the benefit is only 75% of the benefit the parent would have received.  Without the show money to live on, Soooeee June will have a tough time on those benefits alone, especially as she likes to say how much she loves the "good things in life".

I'm willing to be if the SS money turns out to be the only thing she has to live on, suddenly the ex will be the correct parent and she'll give up custody.  Which will be a win for the girls if nothing else.  

• Like 4
(edited)

Without TV money, June might eventually have to work the government benefits world. With a little one, she might qualify for SNAP (food stamps), housing assistance and other benefits. The baby might qualify for the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP). My community has a thriving food bank that donates food to qualified recipients.

Given her history, June might be on a monitored, mandated safety plan that dictates she must participate in services, such as Narcotics Anonymous, and parenting classes. I cannot fathom a judge awarding her custody otherwise.

Friends who are social workers say they encounter foster parents and others who view custody as a "parents with government benefits" deal, and take advantage.

June cannot sustain the reality TV model forever; what will she do afterward for income?

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 4