Type keyword(s) to search

Mama June From Not to Hot: Season 7 Family Crisis

• Start Topic

I keep wondering how are they going to afford college and all the expenses?  Does Alana make that much off the show herself?  Pumpkin and Josh are obviously using their show just to live and June spends all her money on dumb stuff so where are they going to come up with all this money?  It boggles my mind.

I wonder if Drailin got a job and if he can even get a job with his legal problems.  Is he just sitting around every day playing video games while Alana goes to class?  did he even actually move there yet?

• Like 5
10 hours ago, JDAlexander said:

The question is not why she did it, the question is why does her family keep letting her into their lives. 

Hear, hear!

Listening to those four women screaming back and forth and over each other about money, laws, and percentages was sadly comical. None of them really knew what she was talking about. And the angry/pouty face on June when she’s caught herself in her own lies and contradictions is the icing on the cake.

Just lock the doors and don’t let June in. So many of the TV world’s problems could be solved by locking the doors. And there’s no law requiring you to answer a phone. Shut this problem out of your lives (and ours).

Josh had the best idea - just get out of there and get some peace while they scream.  

• Like 10

That was painful to watch. Most of their storylines are badly acted (especially June) but I think this was real. And not a mention of their poor dying sister in this weeks show. Alana has been followed around with cameras since the TLC beauty pageant T&T show, since age 6 (she said) Dang, I thought she was even younger back then! Her crying about how her mother has stolen her money was also about stealing her childhood. I felt so bad for her....and Jessica and Pumpkin too. Pumpkin was right saying that Alana is the entire reason any of them have made any money at all! 

I think it would have been best for her to live in the dorms with other freshmen and let her boyfriend stay in Georgia. Nursing school is not easy and she really doesn't have time to play house right now. Another idea would be to sue her father sugar bear for educational expenses. It has nothing to do with child support. If he is gainfully employed, most courts make the mother pay 1/3, the father pay 1/3 and the student (child) pay 1/3.  That would be her $21,000 she has "earned".  I really like Alana and she seems smart. Please don't get pregnant or start messing in drugs! I really hope she does become a neonatal nurse. Go Girl!

• Like 8
On 3/18/2024 at 3:52 PM, Carolina Girl said:

But didn't that cover only PART of the tuition?  I seem to recall the school saying that TOTAL tuition was $40,000 (and I don't know if that was for one year or for all four years).  It also doesn't seem to cover books or living expenses.  

Yes, but my point was that Alana did her part, and continues to, in "investing in herself" as June ignorantly said she should be doing. The scholarship, partial or not, is substantial proof that she IS.

I'm watching the most recent episode now and WOW. pumpkin and Alana need to get a forensic accountant to tackle this. June, you are officially busted.

• Like 5
On 3/17/2024 at 4:02 PM, Blondie said:

If Pumpkin was granted sole legal guardianship then she could/would have the authority to  set up an account with Alana's earnings, and help pay for costs of taking care of her  along with the child support she was granted.   

They did do this in a previous season, once she got custody, but the damage was already done.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

Alana can't pay for college and June has interview quotes out there saying that she burned through probably $1,000,000 on her addiction. I hope Justin dumps her.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
On 3/24/2024 at 12:01 AM, JDAlexander said:

Is anyone surprised that June blew Alana’s earnings because of her “a-deek-shun?” She uses that excuse anytime she gets cornered with another of her lies. The question is not why she did it, the question is why does here family keep letting her into their lives. And yes, Justin needs to shed that tacky joory he wears around his neck. He’s no “King.”

The only reason there is money from DWTS and Masked Singer is the fact that they are filmed in California and the Coogan Law says a percentage must be put away.

And I'd like June to show statements of those "50% taxes" she's talking about.  Time for a forensic accountant to go after her.  

But of course, those two will "take Momma back."  Perfect example of "those who do not remember the past...."

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

This episode is from over a year ago and there is a post over on reddit where Alana is on social media begging for money for her college like it just happened yesterday.

• Sad 4
  • Angry 2

Pumpkin said it right.  June is a dirty dog.  

For heavens sake. Justin   be a man and sell that tacky jewelry and  give the money to  Alana!  Grow a set already. 

• Like 2
On 3/25/2024 at 7:43 PM, smalltowngal said:

This episode is from over a year ago and there is a post over on reddit where Alana is on social media begging for money for her college like it just happened yesterday.

Yes, but she is still in college and I doubt the money situation has changed, I wouldn't call this grift. She needs money to go to college.

• Like 3

I used to feel for Alana but no longer.   She is making bad choices and then asking fans for money all the while filming a reality show.  She is also saying she has money in other accounts but won;t use it.  Why should she I guess if fans are going to pay her way?   She supports that boyfriend bum financially while he sits around doing nothing, mostly sleeping during the day or playing video games.

I seriously doubt she will finish college.  I hope she proves me wrong.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2
8 hours ago, Kathy said:

I used to feel for Alana but no longer.   She is making bad choices and then asking fans for money all the while filming a reality show.  She is also saying she has money in other accounts but won;t use it.  Why should she I guess if fans are going to pay her way?   She supports that boyfriend bum financially while he sits around doing nothing, mostly sleeping during the day or playing video games.

Agree @Kathy, although June is still heinous. I do not get Dralin and Alana's relationship. If they are young and in love, they sure don't act like it. Do they go out? Does he work? Go to school? They just seem like roommates on the show. 

• Like 3

Justin seems to be putting on for the cameras to me. He's a addict,June must be really desperate. Pumpkin and Draylin seem like they might be getting to close. It was kind of inappropriate to sit on a bed while you are wearing a robe with your sister's boyfriend. I wouldn't be surprised if something happened between Draylin and Pumpkin. Because of the environment the family grew up in. 

• LOL 2
On 3/30/2024 at 9:57 AM, Kathy said:

She is also saying she has money in other accounts but won;t use it. 

When did she say that? On social media? I didn't see that in the episodes. Unless she has trusts that Pumpkin set up which she legally can't touch because she is underage?

(edited)

I just finished watching the most recent episode. I think there is a misconception here that Alana somehow has secret funds she isn't using. What was said on the show was that Alana isn't using money that June stole, obviously she can't, it's gone. It was clumsily worded, but that is what was said. I don't think she is trying to grift anyone, she needs to pay for school. 

That June has $30K in her bank account, and likely much more than that, after all her drug use, after having to sell her house at a steep discount, is appalling and very telling. A great percentage of that is money that should have gone to her kids. 

WeTV can advertise Love After Lockup as much as they want to during airings of this show, it still doesn't interest me and I am never going to watch it. 

As an aside, the other day I was reading a Daily Mail article on this show and one of the commenters said that Alana has lost 70 lbs while at college. I don't know where that came from, I looked around and couldn't find anything on it, maybe she mentioned it on one of her social media accounts. In any case, I hope it is true that she has lost some weight and hopefully she has adopted healthier habits while in Colorado. While she's there she should try to go over to the John Denver Sanctuary in Aspen, I hear it is beautiful and very peaceful and worth seeing.

Edited by newyawk
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
17 hours ago, newyawk said:

A great percentage of that is money that should have gone to her kids. 

Especially since she told Alana that she used her money to buy a home for everyone to live in.  Of course then she sold it and pocketed the money rather than return it to Alana.

I did watch a little since they seem to be steering clear of exploiting Anna (this season at any rate).  Since the season "finale" is Friday, I imagine next season if there is one will be the struggle by Alana and probably Pumpkin and Jess as well to recovery money from "Mama."  Personally, they should just cancel that series and let that sow fend for herself.  Alana's in Colorado and there's really nothing compelling about Josh and Lauren, and the ratings have been abysmal.  

17 hours ago, newyawk said:

WeTV can advertise Love After Lockup as much as they want to during airings of this show, it still doesn't interest me and I am never going to watch it. 

That makes two of us.

• Like 5
(edited)
On 3/24/2024 at 12:09 PM, LeesburgLee said:

So many of the TV world’s problems could be solved by locking the doors. And there’s no law requiring you to answer a phone.

FTFY

On 3/24/2024 at 3:21 PM, Calibabydolly said:

Another idea would be to sue her father sugar bear for educational expenses.

Without having any actual evidence to back it up, I just think it's highly unlikely that Sugar Bear has any money, especially not enough to significantly help with Alana's tuition.  Even if she won a lawsuit against him, if he has no assets she wouldn't be able to collect it.

On 3/30/2024 at 8:57 AM, Kathy said:

She supports that boyfriend bum financially while he sits around doing nothing, mostly sleeping during the day or playing video games.

Didn't Draylin mention some kind of job he was going to do in Colorado, maybe as a mechanic or something to do with vehicles?  Maybe I hallucinated this or maybe it was just talk about a job he hoped to get but doesn't actually have.

I also doubt Alana will finish college, or if she does it will only be after changing majors to something easier, can't really imagine her as successful neonatal nurse considering all the advanced science courses that requires.  I have a B.S. in Zoology and just can't picture her even being able to comprehend things like college level calculus, advanced chemistry or physics courses.  I mean she doesn't even understand basic terms like eviction or credit score and it seems like her automatic reaction to anything and everything she doesn't understand is to look confused and ask Pumpkin or whoever else is nearby for the answer/explanation which won't work in college.  I really don't understand how she even graduated from high school but then again I've known multiple people who were completely illiterate who did, no idea how, could not have happened in the schools I attended.

On 3/29/2024 at 10:05 PM, Blondie said:

For heavens sake. Justin   be a man and sell that tacky jewelry and  give the money to  Alana!  Grow a set already. 

Is that tacky jewelry Justin wears even worth maybe $10?

Was anyone else shocked that Pumpkin's supposed dream is to have her own bakery, but then she goes to make a simple cake, uses a box mix and admits she has never made one from scratch (and the box mix turned out looking like a disaster)?  I have zero interest in baking especially not as a way of making money, might make one or two cakes or brownies or something similar per year for a special occasion but always do it from scratch, instructions and recipes are easy to find online and Pumpkin obviously has the internet, doesn't need to go to any school to learn plenty more about baking than she currently knows.

Same with Alana talking about she doesn't know how to cook because her mother is blind.  My mother taught me next to nothing about cooking but I can make all kinds of stuff and anything I don't currently know I just look up online, thought everyone did this now.

Edited by Boxer Woman
formatting errors
  • Like 5
  • Sad 2
14 hours ago, Boxer Woman said:

Pumpkin obviously has the internet, doesn't need to go to any school to learn plenty more about baking than she currently knows.

Although if she wants to sell cakes she would be wise to invest in a cake decorating course.  That cake looked like someone put a fist through it.  

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
45 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

Although if she wants to sell cakes she would be wise to invest in a cake decorating course.  That cake looked like someone put a fist through it.  

Oh definitely.  I have a cake decorating kit with the bag to put frosting in and various tips to make it squirt out in different ways, but am nowhere near as good with it as a professional, could never make anything worth selling, just stuff that looks decent and tastes good.  Pumpkin claims it's her dream to open a bakery but she hasn't even bothered to learn how to make a basic cake let alone decorate it.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Boxer Woman said:

Oh definitely.  I have a cake decorating kit with the bag to put frosting in and various tips to make it squirt out in different ways, but am nowhere near as good with it as a professional, could never make anything worth selling, just stuff that looks decent and tastes good.  Pumpkin claims it's her dream to open a bakery but she hasn't even bothered to learn how to make a basic cake let alone decorate it.

It’s not like she’s been busy raising 5 kids or anything 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
On 4/10/2024 at 11:00 AM, Boxer Woman said:

We are kindred spirits!  But I have seen some good decorating videos on YouTube for the home baker (not that pricey dvd course Wilton offers).  My goal is to be able to make roses.  

On 4/11/2024 at 5:15 AM, pasdetrois said:

None of them are prepared for when the TLC well runs dry. True for many reality TV people.

Considering this show isn't pulling in even 500,000 viewers, I'm thinking the well may very well HAVE run dry.  I'm sure they will be doing their level best to drum up interest in the show during the off season, and I shudder to think that they'll exploit Anna (which was my fear this season so I took it off the DVR) but they really have nothing else, unless they go with the legal action against June.  But frankly who the fuck CARES at this point?

• Like 4

In reaction to last night's show, when Justin told June to take $30K out of the SAVINGS account and give it to Alana, I just about spit out my drink!

This sow HAS HER MONEY IN HER SAVINGS ACCOUNT!!!!!!

Why can't JUSTIN just take it out of savings and give it to Alana???

• Like 3

June seems to forget she told Justin flat out that she put 80% of the DWTS money in Alana's Coogan account.  Not true.  She KEPT 80%.  Not only that, she apparently kept ALL of the money generated from Toddlers and Tiaras and Here Comes Honey Boo Boo.

I hope this is being brought to the attention of the Georgia Legislature.  Considering the amount of filming going on in Georgia, and especially Georgia's promotion of same, it would be VERY wise of them to pass a law similar to California's Coogan law to protect child actors.  Especially those featured on reality TV.  And none of this bullshit 15%.  It should be the 80%.  The kids should not be financing the family's lifestyle.

• Like 9
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
(edited)

I'm watching Pumpkin do all the forensic accounting on Alana's behalf and it occurred to me that she would probably be really good as an investigator of some sort.  She is also good at telling when people are lying. I hope she considers that as a career down the road.

I wish they hadn't bleeped out and obscured all the dollar amounts that Alana had earned for her TV gigs, it would have been enlightening for the audience. I know Pumpkin said June took $35,000, but I wanted to see what Alana was earning from these projects. 

Justin needs to walk away yesterday. The minute June said "You're going to need me way before I need you" is when he should have quit and walked out. I wonder if he's working. I hope he lines something up, if he hasn't already, that will enable him to free himself and go live elsewhere.

I just remembered reading years ago, during the "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo" days, June telling some media outlets that she was putting away money for her kids and protecting their futures and I thought at the time, "Wow, she's more on the ball and responsible than I thought." Guess I was wrong.

Alana really shoiuld get a forensic accountant to go after *June's* financial records and see where that money went. But if June met the bare minimum legal requirements of what was expected of her, would Alana even be able to successfully sue her?

Edited by newyawk
  • Like 2
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, newyawk said:

But if June met the bare minimum legal requirements of what was expected of her, would Alana even be able to successfully sue her?

Yes, if it Pumpkin can prove that she did not place the requisite amount.  The $30,000 owed sounds about right - especially if June calculated the 15% AFTER taxes were taken out.  Under the law the 15% is to be calculated for deposit BEFORE taxes are deducted. 

And Pumpkin was right - in California, our tax bracket for $400,000 is something like 11%, not 50%.  Federal might bring it up close to 50, but I don't think so. 

I think, though, Alana will need to bring the lawsuit in California.

• Like 4
21 minutes ago, Carolina Girl said:

Yes, if Pumpkin can prove that she did not place the requisite amount and fudged on the totals.  The $30,000 owed sounds about right - especially if June calculated the 15% AFTER taxes were taken out.  Under the law the 15% is to be calculated for deposit BEFORE taxes are deducted.  Also, Alana should request pare-judgment interest of 10% from the moment the funds hit the Coogan account.  

And Pumpkin was right - in California, our tax bracket for $400,000 is something like 11%, not 50%.  Federal might bring it up close to 50, but I don't think so. 

I think, though, Alana will need to bring the lawsuit in California.

• Like 1
(edited)

But one thing that I don't understand is where is all of Alana's money she earned for the Mama June show AFTER she went to live with Pumpkin?  Have they mentioned that amount or what it has been used for?  I'm thinking she went to live with Pumpkin before "muh addick-shun" started, so there should be a pretty hefty sum from multiple filming seasons.  

I will assume that once Pumpkin had physical custody, even before legal custody was signed over, that the producers made all checks payable to her - I cannot fathom that they gave them to Mary the Meth-head.  

Edited by Carolina Girl
words have meaning
  • Like 3

In a "stitch" response to a tik tok by another reality participant, June said the MJ show earnings while Alana was a minor under Pumpkin's guardianship were split Coogan to direct to Alana as agreed on between Alana and Pumpkin at IIRC 50 per cent Coogan.  MJ alleges something like $160k in an account from that.  Of course, MJ is an established liar so pull out the salt shaker.  

• Like 6

The only legal requirement for Coogan Act funds is for California.   Anything earned in other states, depends on that state's rules, and Georgia doesn't have that law.    I bet June blew every penny she had access to, and Alana's not getting a penny.    

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

At this point it would be great if Pumpkin and Alana made any future seasons contingent on June being completely excluded from the show, making sure she gets nothing, no money at all from any new season. Change the name of the show, but cut June off. 

• Like 5
(edited)
On 4/10/2024 at 2:51 PM, SDVegas said:

It’s not like she’s been busy raising 5 kids or anything 

I get the impression she's blaming her lack of baking skills on having had a family at such a young age and therefore being unable to go to school for it, but it takes hardly any time, and no money, to find some recipes much better than any box cake mix as well as decorating tips online, doesn't require enrolling in any school to learn A LOT more about it than Pumpkin does.  Plenty of parents manage to further their formal education while simultaneously raising children, and many of them also even have actual jobs.

I do actually like Pumpkin based on what I know of her from the show, has a nice, fun personality and seems more intelligent than most other members of the family and their associates, but I'm just not buying the "poor me, I can't follow my dreams because kids."  I hope she realizes that she still can and does so if that's what she really wants.

My favorite cake recipe that almost anyone can make (I use my own chocolate walnut brownie recipe not a box mix, and homemade whipped cream (with nitrous oxide chargers and a whipped cream dispenser, not actual whipping it up by hand, though)):  https://www.lifeloveandsugar.com/snickers-peanut-butter-brownie-ice-cream-cake/

Edited by Boxer Woman
  • Like 2

Pumpkin seemed to realize she could learn more even with children. Doe doe offered her some decorating tools and basic instruction. Pumpkin was not brought up to do hardly any from scratch cooking so she has a way to go on most kitchen things.

• Like 3