Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E13: High Steaks

• Start Topic

A returning guest seeks redemption on a charter; a stew tries to find their footing to save their position; crew member's complaint about the crew food lands them in hot water with Capt. Sandy.

Airdate: 12/18/2023

Of course lazy Kyle “has a migraine”. God forbid he actually works.  I have migraine with aura and it’s so much more than lazy person saying they have a headache, with a migraine there’s no functioning.  There is only vomiting, wanting to bang my head against the wall, losing my vision, no light allowed, and ER for emergency meds (I hate people saying they have a migraine when they have a bad headache.  It’s NOT the same ) 

And Sandy jumping up and down and welcoming him back.  My God.  This show has jumped the shark.  He refuses to work!   

Edited by Meowwww
  • Like 10
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Why would they have back on guests that previous crew hated?

Of course to stress this crew, especially towards the end of the season when they’re more easily exhausted.

Lara is as much of a lech as some dirty old men.  Well she’s only being verbal about it, not groping anyone.

Surprise, Lily is performing?  Maybe they overstated her shortcomings previously!

Max said there was no food but he should have said there was no food that he wanted but Sandy is going to accuse him of lying.  He thinks he’s already sacrificing because he wanted to leave a couple of charters ago.

So what does he care if he’s fired this close to the end?  He did say he’s always been fired but in this case it’s not a real job anyways.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Let's all bitch about Lily.

She may be terrible, but she's trying hard and has a decent attitude.  She seems like the switch was flicked and now she is doing well.  Happy for her.

And Tumi, if she was the best replacement you could get at the time, think you'll do better now?

Whining Kyle is as vile as Kyle can be.  Always the C grade Drama Queen.  Poor thing, has to stay ashore.  Conspiracy Theory:  Boyfriend is in town.....

Crybaby guests.  The kind of people that nothing will please.

How long to microwave a potato(e)?  4 mins?

Dancers were great!

"In these shoes?" was running through my head.  LOL  Great song.

Easy to see why Maxi has been fired from every job he's ever had.  I never got fired, just early retired once😎

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Okay so Haleigh has been ashore all day for her issue, Kyle's been asleep, then woken up, then sent to the hospital, spent the night got back on the boat and no mention of Haliegh or check in with her beside her first call telling Sandy she's got a stomach bug. The previews for next episode has Lara feeling sick and possibly having to go to the hospital, where there's a mention of them being down to just Luka and Max if Lara's gone.................. Like damn! Is Haleigh ok? I'm starting to worry about her LOL  and the fact that she's not mentioned is just all kinds of hysterical to me. Like the girl left the boat and has been gone long enough for Kyle to go to the hospital and back and now Lara is on her way and Haleigh still isn't back? I'm wondering if the producers ended her season early and already sent her home since no one seems to notice her absence, I mean aside from being down a deckhand but even then it's only now a predicament because Lara seems to be out of commission. Otherwise, I doubt anyone would have batted an eyelash if she never returned to the boat. LOL 

Also, I'm not a big fan of Haleigh and forgive me for being so obnoxious and rude in my observation and description but I think Haleigh suffers from a huge case of butterface syndrome and over compensates by being extra party girl and shocking cause she knows her "assets" are from the neck down (you know everything "but-her-face"). It saddens and also annoys cause there are ways to boost self confidence that doesn't involve the obvious, easy, vulgar, trashy=sexy formula and it just pains me to see women take these routes when there are so many avenues one can take. Glamorous, Elegant, Sultry, Classy, Saucy, Spicy but the whole trashy-low rent-easy persona wins out every time.  It's just so disappointing to see. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
8 hours ago, aghst said:

Why would they have back on guests that previous crew hated?

Well the crew doesn't pick the charter guests. The better question, why would guests who complained the whole time come back for more if they were so dissatisfied with the experience? Maybe because they're just famewhores who want to be on TV and look like assholes because they think it's funny and it bought them a modicum of notoriety.

That said, the primary did tell Jack he liked his steaks medium to medium well and all the steaks looked rare.

12 hours ago, Meowwww said:

And Sandy jumping up and down and welcoming him back.  My God.  This show has jumped the shark.  He refuses to work!

I know. Kyle makes the show unbearable. He's insufferable and I find him literally repulsive. What's really disheartening is Bravo's infatuation with him, because he's so on brand for them. Hence Sandy and Tumi towing the line, saying they need his energy (nobody needs Kyle's energy!) or that he's fun (NO HE IS NOT!). And Kyle's presence wouldn't have made it any easier on the other stews since all the guests wanted to do was complain about the food and ask for extra things. Kyle wouldn't have changed that. 

8 hours ago, aghst said:

Lara is as much of a lech as some dirty old men.  Well she’s only being verbal about it, not groping anyone.

I got tired of Lara The Very Thirsty Lesbian about six episodes ago. I can't believe they didn't cut or blur her doing the "scissors" thing with her hands. But I guess if they're going to have a raging queen like Kyle, they should give equal time to gals.

1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

no mention of Haliegh or check in with her beside her first call telling Sandy she's got a stomach bug.

Haleigh's "stomach bug" is called a hangover. Or possibly even alcohol poisoning. She spent the night drinking herself into a stupor then was sick the next morning and threw up all day. Coincidence? Oh, yeah, sure, must be a stomach bug.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

It killed me to see what Jack did with that Beluga caviar!  That was at least $1000 worth.  You don’t sprinkle it on pasta, and you don’t serve it in its tin.  It’s properly presented in a bowl on ice, with caviar spoons, blini and maybe some accompaniments.  Obviously the guests didn’t know any better either.

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
29 minutes ago, MartyQui said:

It killed me to see what Jack did with that Beluga caviar!  That was at least $1000 worth.  You don’t sprinkle it on pasta, and you don’t serve it in its tin.  It’s properly presented in a bowl on ice, with caviar spoons, blini and maybe some accompaniments.  Obviously the guests didn’t know any better either.

And then Tumi just put the lid on the table!  A yacht like that probably has the proper serving utensils for caviar, make belinis and creme fraiche, geeze do something special with it!  Jack is marginal in his creativity.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

And then Tumi just put the lid on the table!  A yacht like that probably has the proper serving utensils for caviar, make belinis and creme fraiche, geeze do something special with it!  Jack is marginal in his creativity.

From now on Jack is restricted to Shepherds Pie and Bangors and Mash

image.png.49fe4031d1038ebf5d88b4106d2aa113.png

• LOL 4

It's obvious that Sandy doesn't have kids. What child hasn't said there is nothing to eat when staring at a full refridgerator?  Max was acting like a child, but Sandy should not have called him a liar.  Also, why were all 3 deck crew in the wheelhouse at once?  Who was putting out all the gazillion toys?   Also, it looked like this took place place during the gay brunch.  I wouldn't want pasta and asparagus for breakfast either.  Also, what could the chef have done different to make it a "gay" brunch?   Sounds like a production set up to me.

Edited by howiveaddict
  • Like 2

Maybe the worst episode that didn't feature alcohol or over sexual assault. 

This group of guests are the worst kind of ignorami: the kind who think they're experts on EVERYTHING and can't wait to make you know it. If you wanted brazilian steakhouse and brazilian dancers, GO TO FUCKING BRAZIL. That steak looked gorgeous, and he took pieces he knew weren't to his preference will full foreknowledge that more well done pieces were coming, then turned his nose up like a baby. 

"We want a big gay breakfast..." Definitely want that clarified, but you know as well as I do the answer would have been "Well, we want you to interpret that in your own way, as an artiste!" and thereby every answer was wrong. He should have just made a big breakfast and told them "Well, this breakfast is pretty friggin gay, with Sandy here, there's like seven gay people at this table." 

Do all super yachts stock inflatable dicks and cock shaped cake pans? Did she call into provisioners especially for that? 

The big controversy: Max won't apologize for Sandy getting bizarrely mad at his saying there's nothing for him to eat. The adult way to handle it is "Ask the chef," and when he says no, the conversation is over. You don't want to ask the chef to make you something, and you don't want any leftovers that are available, I guess you're not so hungry. Trust me he won't starve before the next meal. And Max, no one cares if you're excited to wash the dishes. Complain while you scrub, asshole. 

ETA I hate this show and I hate myself for watching it. 

Edited by Uncle JUICE
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
On 12/19/2023 at 4:30 PM, aqusdealer said:

From now on Jack is restricted to Shepherds Pie and Bangors and Mash

image.png.49fe4031d1038ebf5d88b4106d2aa113.png

If that's his bangers & mash he needs to try again, it looks absolutely horrible & it's the fault of the sausages which look nothing like a sausage should look & certainly not a banger, more of an American sausage rather than a British banger.