Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E05: Getting the DCC Look

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

This week, Kelli makes sure all the girls have the look. Starting with makeovers, the new girls travel to the swank Halcyon salon for new hairdos.The veterans on weight probation visit My Fit Foods and learn how to lose weight the healthy way.

couple things...Lauren did NOT like her look! Never admit this to Judy or Kelly. Her words said all the right things but you could tell when she modeled she was not loving it. she looked so serious. I think the brunette really makes her eyes pop and is a more natural look for her. Remember that girl who did not like her rock haircut and got cut? embrace the change Lauren! Also, Vivian I am so over you. Ever since you begged last season...and now the mentioning all your "friends" and just being serious and not your fun hip hop self. You r not a shoe in Vivian... So stop acting like a serious diva and be that fun. Sparkle girl fans pulled for last year... Otherwise Kelli will remember u still are short and don't fit the boots. I really like Alexandra's makeover. the hair is very natural and really lightens her look and frames her face. has anyone notice that Danielle has really softened her makeup look? She had such a harsh look when she came to the first training camp her candidate season and I think she looks really great this season.

• Love 2

What is the bf revelation?

A little bit surprised at this week's cut.  Don't they usually give some time for injuries?  

Also wondering how much more time Vivian has after her bf revelation and her bad dancing this wk.

A little bit surprised at this week's cut.  Don't they usually give some time for injuries?  

Also wondering how much more time Vivian has after her bf revelation and her bad dancing this wk.

I think it depends on who it is.  If they think they have potential, they may ride it out.    I don't think they thought she had enough potential.

• Love 2

. I think it is just she never demonstrated she could do it. she came in and said she had an issue. I am pretty certain Judy said "Now who has groin injuries?" The first time they did kickline a couple episodes back. I took it to mean 1 person used it as an excuse and a couple ppl really jumped on that band wagon to try to buy some more time to work on their flexibility. I am sad because I really like her but she needs to come in with both her splits down to the floor "all your glory" without effort. Not that I could do any of this but they ask for the same things every season...
  • Love 2

Hey everyone - long time lurker and this is my first post!

I agree with a lot of people; I was a huge Vivian fan last year but seeing her this year has definitely changed that. IMO it felt like she came into auditions just thinking it would be a guarantee that she would make the team. I'm not sure if it's because she went so far in training camp last year or something Kelly or Judy may have told her. Just some of her facial expressions and demeanor seem a bit arrogant to me.

I'm anxious to see her reaction to when she gets cut.

I was surprised at how fast they cut Hannah last week but I do remember hearing Kelly at some point in the episode say that they had weight issues with Hannah all throughout last year so I guess they didn't want to go through that again. It's about time Judy and Kelly decide not to take in "maybe" veterans into training camp - it's either yes or no. 

• Love 1

Not surprised to see Christina cut. When she was in the first time and they said her kick technique was wrong I knew her days were numbered. That's a hard thing to change in a short amount of time.

She did look good with the darker hair though!

And Vivian? I'm just not finding much to root about with her this year. When they were dancing that last time she was messing up all over the place and didn't seem to know or care.

Poor Ashley, I hope she can find something within herself to make it this year. I thought she was more confident at auditions but now she seems meek and scared again.

Loren needs to embrace her new look, I think she looks stunning as a brunette.

• Love 1

This episode was one big advertisement. First, we have a long segment on My Fit Foods. Then, we go on to Belk. I could have done without any of that. Although the clothes this year looked much less "old lady" than last year. I was getting the giggles that the Fit Foods is right next to a Starbucks.

I'm meh on Loren's look. I liked her as a blonde too. I really liked Alexandra's though. She looks amazing.

It looks like they divided the girls into their groups with group leaders already. Bummer. I was hoping we would see the group leader announcements.

I did not realize there was a Chandler.

• Love 2

I think Loren is very pretty and does look better as a brunette but I wasn't loving her whole look.  I think the makeup wasn't right - too harsh eyeliner - and her hair is too long.  I think I would actually like her hair even a bit darker, definitely shorter, and maybe with some curl?  It just look too long and dry. Maybe she has been bleaching it and it will get healthier with time. 

I think she was trying her best to be positive.  I hope they adjust her look and bit and she starts to like it!

I didn't love Christina's new hair color.  It was fine but not a huge improvement over her old hair color. I think that besides her injury, she was at risk for "blending."

I kind of liked Ashley's cocktail "don't" look with the sparkly green shorts! Lol! I can't imagine seriously wearing the outfit Sydney wore to someone's house party (not that she didn't look really nice).

I think Melissa is a little annoying but I do think she gave good feedback in the small session.  Who is Chandler though?  I think maybe they should be sure to introduce every TCC on the show once they make training camp. 

I did feel a little bad for Vivian and hope that she gets back on track. 

I like Alexandra but I'm nervous for her if she can't kick. Her new hair was a definite improvement. 

I noticed during tonight's episode that CMT was advertising 

live tweeting with DCCs Loren and Breelan. That is such a huge spoiler especially since they are clearly on the fence at this point! I think most watchers have already spoiled the ending for themselves but CMT should at least try to avoid spilling the beans!

Edited by iloveit

I really liked Christina's personality and look (she looked good w/ both her old and new hair color, but the plus about the new one was it made her more unique) - she has a beautiful smile too - but I was very surprised they took her into training camp when she had obviously bad flexibility at auditions. Maybe they thought she'd be able to fix it once in training camp, and gave up when they heard about the injury. If the injury is real (I still have my doubts ;)), I guess there is hope she could work on it and come back next year.

Eye roll over that whole scene w/ Vivian. Don't blame your poor choice of a solo on some man - ugh. DCC's are supposed to be empowered and confident, they don't cry and whine and dance sappy solos w/ bad technique over ex boyfriends.

I really like Alexandra - her makeover was amazing. I hope she ends up making it, but they keep complaining about her kicks :(.

Looks like they fixed breelan's eye makeup during the makeover - that's a plus - I didn't like that harsh line she had with her eye shadow - it just looked so high school too me or something.

I agree that they should have changed more than just the color of Loren's hair - it needed to be a lot shorter, more layered/trendy IMO. Right now her hair almost looks like a wig it's so dry and thick. The new color was a big improvement though. I still think her teeth are unnaturally white and they age her or something. Her makeup is a little harsh and older looking too. Don't get me wrong, she's a really pretty girl, I just think she needs some more tiny changes and she could be gorgeous.

I like how they keep having the girls dance in the different themed groups - like this week they did hair color, last week age, that one week where they were from. It seems fun.

• Love 1

Thoughts from this episode:
-Christina did not look like a DCC to me and I won't miss her.

-Vivian's sob story had me rolling my eyes.

-Mary is gorgeous and I wish I saw more of her and Lacey, but I guess the good girls don't get shown.

-Why is Melissa Rycroft only mentoring certain girls? that seems unfair to me.

-I did not even know that the Chandler (I think that's her name) girl existed before today and I don't think she has a DCC face.

-That fashion show was pointless.

-I hope they made good money from My Fit Foods cause that was some serious advertising. 

-I hope Britney was there to gain weight, not lose it!

-I really thought Loren's hair was fake. It looks so thick and lifeless. She needs a nice cut.

-It's hard to believe that girls like Christina, Ashley Pro, Alexandra, and Chandler were really part of the best of the best that auditioned. They need to have me as a judge.

• Love 4

I watched on the CMT app. There was no fashion show, but I gather I didn't miss much.

I thought they lightened Breelan's heavy, dark makeup during her makeover, but then it looked right back to the same old lady, very heavy-handed makeup look next practice. She wears more blush in a day than I've worn in well over 25 years of wearing makeup.

I've noticed that the practice trunks (or tights underneath?) seem to make everyone look like they have a poochy belly.

Britney needs to have a hamburger and fries. What fun house mirror glasses are Kelly and Judy wearing?!? But she always knows what to say without sounding practiced or rehearsed. She is a great ambassador for the organization. And I wonder if Paige needs a different workout rather than a different diet.

Chandler looked so tired. Not a pleasant close up! Poor girl!

Vivian. Oh Vivian. Please stop.

I wonder if the salon wanted to cut Loren's hair but were afraid of too much change for her too soon.

Christina reminds me of the high school girls I coached....always having an injury to avoid doing things they weren't strong at or didn't want to do. If she was still in pain 4 weeks later, she should have sought out a PT.

Poor Nicole B. Clearly she was hurt...but still you must plaster in that big DCC smile and pretend all is well. I don't think I've ever seen a girl break the link up though. Even when Clarissa jumped too early seasons ago, Alex stayed in formation next to her. Nicole must have been in pain or very worried about a serious injury.

Mary looked beautiful after her make over. So did Alexandra.

Wished we could see more dancing. Too much cutting away. I would have especially loved to see the dance by the new choreographer.

• Love 1

I was trying not to hate a fashion show but i hated it , i think if they want to do an ad spot for belk on the can do it in a better way maybe they include it in the make over part do an outfit makeover with new girls after the hair part and don't drag the vets into it !

• Love 2

I thought Breelan looked amazing right after her make over, then at practice she was back to her old look, just with prettier hair. And I agree with everyone who has said Loren needs a hair cut and a make up change. Every time I look at her I keep staring at her face, trying to figure out what bothers me about it. I just can't put my finger on it... I was suprised with Ericas make over. I didn't see that big a difference and considering how awful they all thought her hair was I was expecting something big.

I did like the my fit foods trip, that was kind of interesting.
Brittney needing to lose weight is something I'm never gonna understand, I wonder what Kelli sees that I/we don't...

The fashion show was really short, that was good, my fit foods was enough advertisment for one episode.
I thought Breelan looked super weird walking down the runway, I loved Sydneys cocktail party dress. I do kind of feel bad for the girls for not  being allowed to wear casual comfortable clothes at the airport.. If you're on a really long flight nothing is better than comfy baggy clothes lol. But I know they have to look perfect all the time...

Chandler who? She looked  sooo weird smiling. But there was something cute about her. I wonder what happens to her..if we're ever going to see her again...

Christina was kind of annoying with her excuses again. I feel sorry for her if she really is injured, but at this point it seems like an excuse, because she doesn't want to be criticized for her bad kicks. She really seems to think her kicks are good, but they never looked that way. She definitively lost some of my respect during her office visit.

Vivian was doing the kickline alone with Christina, looks like she has some issues as well.

I really didn't know what to make of Vivians boyfriend story. I feel sorry for her, but at the same time I really don't understand why doing everything to become a DCC isn't her top priority. If Kitty tells you your  solo sucks, change it. You don't get points for telling a great story with your dance. You get points for having a great and entertaining solo.

• Love 2

I'm sorry but Chandler looks like what Sydney Durso would look like 30 years from now.

Also, give me a break with Vivian blaming her ex. I'm sure Kelly and Judy were trying their best not to just cut her right then and there for that excuse.

• Love 3

"And I agree with everyone who has said Loren needs a hair cut and a make up change. Every time I look at her I keep staring at her face, trying to figure out what bothers me about it. I just can't put my finger on it... "

Yes! maybe more highlights/lowlights and some layers.

"was suprised with Ericas make over. I didn't see that big a difference and considering how awful they all thought her hair was I was expecting something big."

yes, I did too. I really thought there was some hope for us "skinny hair" girls and there apparently isn't!

" Chandler who? She looked sooo weird smiling. But there was something cute about her. I wonder what happens to her..if we're ever going to see her again..."

I sense a spoiler insert here..why had they not introduced Chandler earlier? Maybe this is where Melissa R picked her out on her own to work w her not necessarily one kelli was focusing on.

"Christina was kind of annoying with her excuses again. I feel sorry for her if she really is injured, but at this point it seems like an excuse, because she doesn't want to be criticized for her bad kicks."

agree- but liked Christina a lot. But she needed to come at least with her splits and she just wasn't there yet. I think she was hoping to talk them into more time aka Mackenzie style.

"Vivian was doing the kickline alone with Christina, looks like she has some issues as well.

If Kitty tells you your solo sucks, change it. You don't get points for telling a great story with your dance. You get points for having a great and entertaining solo."

I so agree. last time she listened to Kitty and completely changed her solo. I am sorry... If I was this close I. Would do whatever Kitty said. I am not certain why they let her into training camp w that solo.. I think it was the backlash from fans last year

[quote name="Preity" post="353085" timestamp="
Edited by mardo4
  • Love 1

Britney needs to have a hamburger and fries.

Vivian. Oh Vivian. Please stop.

I wonder if the salon wanted to cut Loren's hair but were afraid of too much change for her too soon.

I would have especially loved to see the dance by the new choreographer.

Britney, right,

Vivian, so right

And Loren I hadn't thought of that it maybe they did not want her crying out of the chair! I say 3 inches shorter w layers.

• Love 1

I really liked Christina's personality and look (she looked good w/ both her old and new hair color, but the plus about the new one was it made her more unique) - she has a beautiful smile too - but I was very surprised they took her into training camp when she had obviously bad flexibility at auditions. Maybe they thought she'd be able to fix it once in training camp, and gave up when they heard about the injury. If the injury is real (I still have my doubts ;)), I guess there is hope she could work on it and come back next year.

I agree that they should have changed more than just the color of Loren's hair - it needed to be a lot shorter, more layered/trendy IMO. Right now her hair almost looks like a wig it's so dry and thick. The new color was a big improvement though. Don't get me wrong, she's a really pretty girl, I just think she needs some more tiny changes and she could be gorgeous.n.

i liked Christina, maybe next year.

Spot on about Loren. She is pretty already but they could make her a stunner.

• Love 1

The only way I knew there was a Chandler is on either a promo or perhaps an opening for a show, there was someone reaching into Chandler's locker for poms.

I liked Vivian last year but this year she seems to be over invested in herself like this show is The Vivian Show!  She seems like she is phoning in her dances.  I wonder if next week will be her last.

• Love 2

If forgot about the scene w/ Melissa's little invite only class - talk about some favoritism! If all three of them make it, I'm sure the others who were also struggling and didn't make it were annoyed (to say the least) to see that scene.

Chandler really did look very old when she smiled - maybe it was just bad lighting? Maybe we'll see more of her in upcoming episodes.

I agree with so many thing already posted.

The fashion show was only an advertisement and a huge waste of time. Same with the fit foods thing. How awful to heave Kelli breathing down your neck as you are shamed into admitting that singular glass of wine. DCC 's allow alcohol to pass their lips?! I'm surprised Kelli didn't get the vapors.

We should send clips of the leave Britney alone guy to Kelli and Judy. Although Veronica certainly owes the salon lady an apology for horrifying her with her bloated, whale body. I paused it while she being ridiculed by Kelli yet again; she looked fine and slim. She has more of a square shape anyway and she is gorgeous.

The weight obsession is out of control. Maybe a good side effect will be that it discourages girls from trying out because they don't want to deal with the insanity.

• Love 2

Has anyone mention to Melissa R. that Dancing With the Stars is not the same as being a DCC cheerleader. The only reason why she is a mentor is because she won a supposedly rigged dance contest over a bunch of "C" celebrities after being brought back a second time. I am surprise she was not giving advice to Vivian about having a broken heart over a man since she left the squad and came back a few times because she made up and broke up with her boyfriend a few times. *rolling eyes*

Kelli telling the two girls they look like hookers. And she calls out fans for making nasty comments. Hypocritical much Kelli. I guess it is alright for the girls to put on one or two piece swimwear and boots for the swimsuit calendar fashion show because it looks good, but God forbid, you better not look like a so-called fancy call girl in the real world.

I wish they would do something with Emma's hair. She would look so much better with a different hair color because the red hair makes her look older. Word to the poster who said Chandler looks like Sydney in thirty years. I am not sad to see Christina leave. She had excuses to cover her bad kicks. Brittney looks sick to me. I wonder how much she is eating. Veronica is adorable, and I love it when she mentions she has a class of wine once in a while.

Loved it when Erica asked how Kitty liked her hair now...except, aside from like two highlights, I couldn't really see much difference in her hair.  The new manager of the salon has bad hair.  I didn't know who she was during auditions, but I remember she was a judge who was commenting that Shannon didn't have the look, and I remember thinking it was strange that someone with a 90's haircut would be saying that with a straight face.  I like her even less after she was snotty in rehearsal about my girl, Veronica.

Veronica clearly can't eat and drink like she used to when she was younger and keep the same physique.  Welcome to your late 20s, dear.  She's still fabulous,

and I think she looks great in the squad photo and cameo, and healthier than Brittney. I've seen a few of her tweets this season, and she has been very positive and dignified in the face of these episodes.  Props to her for that!  Shows true character and grace, I think.

ITA that it's crazy that Brittney has to loose weight for this team.  Maaaayyybe the girl needed to do some sit ups to tone up her abs or something, but she looked fabulous in this episode, while 

I think she looks too skinny in her cameo photo for this season. Her head looks too big for her body!

She is such a gorgeous woman with a charming personality, but she looks way better to me when she carries those 5 extra pounds that Kelli seems so upset about.

They told Christina it was all about her kicks and injury (or at least that's what we saw), but they haven't liked her dancing at all during TC either, so I wasn't surprised or disappointed to see her go.  I hate it when they beg.  Judy looked so pained, and then a little scared that Kelli might put her on the spot again and ask her if she'd change her mind.  

I agree that Chandler seemed to come out of nowhere, but you can see her in the first few episodes--we just never hear from her.  I agree she's not exactly fresh-faced.  She appears to be a technically proficient dancer, but seems kind of boring--and not just because she makes one face.  Just no real pop, as far as I can tell.  I liked hearing Breelan's self-critique.  It was honest and spot-on, and I hope to see her turn up the performance.  I think she's young, but sweet and adorable, and I think she could grow into a very beautiful and poised young lady.  This process could help her grow up a lot, but I agree--she needs to take better makeup direction from her makeover.  She looked so pretty after it but still has the heavy hand with the eye makeup.  

Disappointing that we haven't really been introduced to new rookies the past two episodes.  Clearly it's not like we've "met" them all yet.  I'd so much rather get to know the rookies and vets than watch stupid Belk fashion don'ts.  The first few episodes this season, I thought they were doing a better job of introducing us to a few TCCs each episode, but it stopped after episode 3.  And part of it is annoying because half the people we were introduced to have been cut already or didn't make it to TC in the first place.  I, too, would like to meet Victoria or hear at least a peep out of her.  She's tall, pretty, and looks like a great dancer, but maybe a little reserved like Ashley F was her rookie year.  I'd also like a proper introduction to Mary and more camera time on her dancing.  She looked to be finding her "pop" this week, but I didn't see too much of her in rehearsal.  She is gorgeous, and seems so elegant and classy--seems like an ideal DCC.

Edited by M1977G
  • Love 2

New poster here! I have a looooot of things I've been wanting to chime in with. I'll try to be as succint as possible.

A ton of the makeovers in this episodes were more regressive than progressive and just awful compared to past seasons. Christina's new hair color makes her blend more with the pack - not good. Vivian's - I was surprised they went DARKER when they've always said she had a sultry, naughtiness to her where in season's past, some girls were deemed "too" sexy; they should've given her honey lowlights. Loren - not sure that color was on point; they should've made her a honey blonde and gone with a bob. There is nothing standout about Ashley P's looks before and after the makeover. Where are the risks in makeovers this season? Most girls were kept as the traditional long wavy, curly hair. Boring. I noticed no difference in Melissa's makeover; they should've made her blonder to edify her slight mousey look. Erica's look was no difference, really.

Something I've noticed in the TCC rookies this season is that MANY of them, IMO, lack the "look", mostly in the face. Though I will say, when rewatching old season, GONE ARE THE PIZZA FACES! Season 1 was chock full of girls who didn't know how to take care of their skin and/or cover up their breakouts. The stakes have risen in recent years to be the total package, from dance to looks to personality. There always seems to be some critical aspect of what it takes to be a DCC that Judy and Kelli become slack on. Sometimes it's dance technique, sometimes it's weight. This time, they seem slack on the DCC image. A lot of the girls just look like clones or, just don't exude that America's Sweetheart and bombshell aura. Christina looks JUST like Kelsey Lauren, which I imagine is why they darkened Christina's hair. All the blondes look alike. As much as the judges say they love everything about Mary, she looks very harsh and old in the face. Mallory's face does not look DCC; she looks goofy. Melissa is slightly mousy and timid. 

Vivian

Like so many of you, I rooted for her in the past. I connected with her childhood story of being a chubster who, in her adult years, has upped her game. I've loved her passion for DCC. But this year her passion seems more fan club hyped and driven more than she loves the dancing or thought of becoming a DCC. 

Breelan

One of my favorites...and I have no clue why. Reminds me of Emma Stone and Leighton Meester...and looks like a younger Kelli? Like Caila, because she is young in age, she hasn't fully matured as a dancer, and that much is evident in her rushing her moves and not knowing how to deliver sexy. Melissa Rycroft struggled with this herself, so I imagine this is why Breelan is one of the rookies she took under her wing; she sees herself in Breelan.

Loren

Nothing about her is DCC, especially not her new "witchy" like look. Judy and Kelli made comment during auditions that she was "s******" and almost TOO powerful, as from her Mavs days. I see it, even weeks into TC. I don't know how she hasn't been called out for looking somewhat crazy eyed.

Courtney

Something about her poufed deep side part, platinum blonde hair, spray tan and make-up is just TOO much. She looks fake - but that's nothing compared to how manufactured Sydney looks. If you follow her Instagram, her hair is always looking crazy. And I'm not loving the boohoo "my job is stressful" story.

Brittney

Are we even sure that she was asked to do My Fit Foods to lose weight? Is that ever said in her meeting with Judy and Kelli? It could very well be that she enlisted the help of the program to eat more balanced meals, make time for eating, etc in efforts to gain and maintain weight. I know she is a cycling instructor at a studio in Dallas so between DCC and that, planning out meals and making time for food might not be these girls' M.O. Brittney is by far my favorite DCC, along with Jenna. She has such a great social media presence, always gives something unique, and overall she seems like the epitome of what a DCC is - grace, class, spunk.

Rachel and Emma

I get these two confused, which is why DCC needs to switch-up some looks to cut down on this cloning business.

It wouldn't be bad to give some vets much needed make-overs. Others have commented about Emma. Nicole could really use one.

On a final note (whew this was long! I warned you all!), I will say, IMO, this is THE most talented group of rookies yet. While some of them might not have the look (Lacey's Farrah face, Melissa), they are INCREDIBLE dancers that the DCC would be dumb not to recruit to add to the talent of their squad.

My rookie faves: Breelan, Melissa, Erica, Lacey (purely for dance).

• Love 1

Erica's hair looked exactly the same.  I might've been able to see the difference if they showed a 'before' shot right next to the 'after' shot, but just based on what I saw...

What kind of crack are Judy and Kelli on that they think Brittney Schram needs to lose weight?

• Love 2

Loren's hair problems have to do with her bangs, in my opinion. They just sit there, they're not blended into her main hair, and they don't frame her face. I'm no stylist but they could have given her more layers or something. She still looks to me like the fake Jan from the Brady Bunch spoof movies.

Maybe Brittany wasn't there to lose weight, but just as an ad model in the product placement? Like athletes also benefit from meal planning even if they're not overweight. That's what I want to believe.

I want to know what menu plan Judy's on, because damn, I wish I could look like that when I'm her age.

I prefered Sydney Durso's darker hair color from years past and not the overlight blond she's been doing for a few years.

• Love 2

I forgot to add how pissed I was when Kelli said to Vivian "we're hiring cheerleaders". No Kelli, you're offering a volunteer opportunity that includes an insultingly low honorarium considering how much work is involved in maintaining your standards, you're not hiring anyone for a paying job.

• Love 4

It cracked me up when Kelli was going on and on about how yellow Loren's hair was and the salon woman standing right there had the same exact color.

I don't really like Loren for some reason. I think it's because she looks bitchy all the time.

• Love 2

Do the girls have to pay to maintain the new "look" they are given? I don't know how expensive the salon that they go to for their make-overs is, but what if the girls cannot afford the upkeep?

The make-up is another matter as well. There are expensive make-up lines and just the drug store brands. Of course the make-up you can get at Dillard's is going to be different from the Cover Girls and the Maybellines and the L'oreals. Maybe some girls look harsh because of the make-up they use.

I also love Mary and Nicole is my favorite. I don't think she needs a make-over. Her hair has been curly every year and I love it. She's the only curly-haired DCC, I think. Except that one blonde girl from a few years ago.

...I also love Mary and Nicole is my favorite. I don't think she needs a make-over. Her hair has been curly every year and I love it. She's the only curly-haired DCC, I think. Except that one blonde girl from a few years ago.

Exactly my point! Nicole is a 5 year vet and she still looks the same. At least other girls have done minor tweaks throughout the years - Brooke Sorensen and Mackenzie Lee going shorter, Sydney going blonder (not a fan), Kelsey and Danielle Marie going blonder.. Nicole hasn't received even minor tweaks of length or density of curls. Courtni Cook's curl "look" changed from one year to the next with more of an "afro" poofy stage.

Paige Elaine is also naturally curly but they fought against it and have her straighten it.

I imagine it's the girls' responsibility to upkeep the makeover look that was decided upon as their cameo and DCC image, and if they fail to do so, they would get sent to Judy and Kelli's office, get warnings and advice. I wish the show actually featured some realism by featuring these aspects, along with just how much the girls pay for dance training leading up to auditions, how they give up everything to move to Dallas, how they give up a job.

The weight obsession is out of control. Maybe a good side effect will be that it discourages girls from trying out because they don't want to deal with the insanity.

How is that a good side effect ?

The makeover episode is my favorite every season and every season there is at least one girl that I cannot see any change in.  This year, that award goes to Ashley.   Alexandra's makeover was terrific.  I thought she looked 100% more polished and so much prettier with the new style.  Although what was up with them showing her with her hair standing up and looking awful?  If I were her, I would have been so embarrassed!  I have decided I Breelan.  The make up looks better.

As for Loren, the darker hair definitely made her eyes pop...I wish they had gone even a little darker.  She said she had always been a blonde and I am trying to figure out if that means she is actually a natural blonde or if she has been dying it forever.  When they turned her around for the reveal, my first thought was "She looks like Charlotte!".  LOL  And oh, what a bitchy look she had on her face when that salon girl joked about the brown bob.  Did she honestly think she was going to be the first DCC training camp candidate in history to walk into that salon and be told she was perfect just as she was?!  She is not quite as obsessed with her hair as Danielle was in her rookie season, but I definitely got the sense that she thinks her thick "yellow hair" is just gorgeous.  She is going to end up getting the boot if she doesn't start acting as though she likes the new look, though.  I don't remember the chick's name from a couple of season's ago that hated her new look (Calia looks just like that girl!) but   Judy and Kelli booted her tail pretty quick and I will bet her attitude had something to do with it.

Vivian, Vivian, Vivian....you do not whine and cry about losing your boyfriend to Judy and Kelli!  I seriously think she has lost her mind.  I am doing badly because I am heart broken wasn't a valid excuse in high school and it sure as hell ain't gonna fly with the "empowered" DCC organization.  I wasn't a huge fan of hers last season and I actively dislike her this year.  I didn't notice much of a change with her makeover either.

Edited by ladyrott
  • Love 1

Erica's hair looked exactly the same. I might've been able to see the difference if they showed a 'before' shot right next to the 'after' shot, but just based on what I saw...

What kind of crack are Judy and Kelli on that they think Brittney Schram needs to lose weight?

you are right...eRica's hair hasn't changed much. I was hoping for big change.

Brittany was called in last year too baffled.....so maybe it is because fit foods wanted her to be the "face"? if anything I think she could use fit foods for healthier choices and balance....not by any body image issue I can see.

Edited by mardo4
  • Love 1

I'm glad they showed Vivian's trip to the office, because it makes her behavior this season make a little sense to me.  I'm wondering if she is on some sort of anti-depressant from stress/the break-up that's making her talk so s.l.o.w. and generally seem out there. As much as a break-up isn't any excuse, that sort of thing can send young people into a tail-spin.  Especially... if it's their first big break-up/heartbreak. As annoying as she's been this season, I kind of want to root for her now. 

• Love 2

Maybe Brittany wasn't there to lose weight, but just as an ad model in the product placement? Like athletes also benefit from meal planning even if they're not overweight. That's what I want to believe.

I think you r right on with that assessment. I was thinking the same thing!
  • Love 1

I forgot to mention in my first post....I really liked (what we saw) of that "country funk" dance the guest choreographer taught them.  I felt a little bad for Breelan.  With only 3 red heads in training camp, she had to dance with two vets when it was time to show what they had learned.

Edited by ladyrott
  • Love 1

Kelli telling the two girls they look like hookers. And she calls out fans for making nasty comments. Hypocritical much Kelli. I guess it is alright for the girls to put on one or two piece swimwear and boots for the swimsuit calendar fashion show because it looks good, but God forbid, you better not look like a so-called fancy call girl in the real world.

They were setup to be "fashion don'ts".    They didn't choose these clothes.   So it wasn't a comment directed to the girls.

Kelli said girls have worn outfits like the one the two vets were wearing to parties. She also told Brandi her hair and nails made her look like a hooker. She can not be calling fans out for saying unkind things on social media and then turn around and do the same thing. Imo, she seems to think it is wholesome when the girls walk the runway in skimpy swimwear and high heel boots (aka the high priced call girl look,) but if a girl looks a certain way that she does not care for, she calls them a hooker or trampy.

Christina reminds me of the high school girls I coached....always having an injury to avoid doing things they weren't strong at or didn't want to do. If she was still in pain 4 weeks later, she should have sought out a PT.

Ha, you reminded me that there was one girl on my high school dance team who was a terrible dancer but our coach loved her for some reason (which is why she made the team in the first place). She couldn't do split leaps or double pirouettes which should tell you all you need to know. And every time we went across the floor, she had some excuse about why she couldn't do them. The floor was slippery. She had a sore hamstring. She twisted her ankle the night before. She was feeling pukey. She had a headache. I heard every excuse in the book for two years. Never mind the fact that she couldn't have done a split leap or double turn to save her life on her best day anyway. She had no flexibility and didn't spot correctly so it was so painful to watch her during warm ups, but it wasn't her terrible technique or complete lack of flexibility that was ever to blame. Nope, it was always the slippery floor and the sore muscles and all the other excuses!

Now looking back at when Christina was called into the office the first time, I can see the similarities. She said her kicks had never been great but she wouldn't call them bad. Translation: I'm not flexible but I've been getting by.

• Love 2

I think some of the girls really have no idea what they are getting themselves into. Which is crazy cause the show is now in its 9th season. I don't see why they take girls with flexibility issues into training camp. I think McKenzie is the only girl in 9 seasons who has made the team going into training camp with low tight kicks. What did Christina expect? But I hope she works on it and comes back next year and rocks it out.

• Love 2

Just saw the episode!

Seriously where did this chandler girl come from?? She definitely looks like a older washed out version of Sydney D

Who is this victoria person that everyone keeps mentioning??

I think Loren's teeth has something to do with the way she was looking also on top of the washed out hair and maybe she needs to lay off the eyeliner

Breelan's stomach looked a little puffy during the girls practice

Vivian annoyed me with blaming her awful solo on her BF breakup like you shouldn't have auditioned this year if you were so called so heartbroken

And Christina annoyed me with her begging like you know there not gonna change there minds shutup already

• Love 2

Kelli telling the two girls they look like hookers. And she calls out fans for making nasty comments. Hypocritical much Kelli. I guess it is alright for the girls to put on one or two piece swimwear and boots for the swimsuit calendar fashion show because it looks good, but God forbid, you better not look like a so-called fancy call girl in the real world.

And wasn't it with these outfits that Kelli said "too much boobs"? I thought that was a bit crazy considering the DCC uniform tops seem to show the same amount.

• Love 2