Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E14: Bermuda Birthday Blues

• Start Topic

Just now, ladle said:

Just when I thought I had gotten used to Whitney’s fillings and dillings with theengs, she pronounces the word “spirit” as “spit”??

”In the spit of being honest…”

GIRL. 

To be fair I would trust the spit of a Housewife to be more honest than the spirit of a Housewife.....

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
25 minutes ago, ladle said:

Just when I thought I had gotten used to Whitney’s fillings and dillings with theengs, she pronounces the word “spirit” as “spit”??

”In the spit of being honest…”

GIRL. 

And she was wearing hills trying to navigate that path in the cave.

• Like 2
  • LOL 13
16 hours ago, laprin said:

So if someone doesn’t want details of their sex life shared on national TV, they are being unreasonable?  

Not particularly but Heather has been pretty open when talking about sex for 3 seasons now. 

And to be clear I’m not talking about the daughters sex life - that was gross for Monica to bring up.

Edited by Jack Terrier
  • Like 8
15 minutes ago, Jack Terrier said:

Not particularly but Heather has been pretty open when talking about sex for 3 seasons now. 

And to be clear I’m not talking about the daughter’s sex life - that was gross for Monica to bring up.

I thought it was gross that the rest of them were trying to outdo each other on how desirable they are that every single one of their husbands fucked them last night or on the way to the airport. They’re all lying. Who’s going to say when we got drunk 2 months ago? But what would be the “correct” answer/lie for a single woman without a boyfriend? Too long and she’s not as “cool and desirable” as the rest of them. Too soon and she’s {term we can’t use on this site}.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
5 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I thought it was gross that the rest of them were trying to outdo each other on how desirable they are that every single one of their husbands fucked them last night or on the way to the airport. They’re all lying. Who’s going to say when we got drunk 2 months ago? But what would be the “correct” answer/lie for a single woman without a boyfriend? Too long and she’s not as “cool and desirable” as the rest of them. Too soon and she’s {term we can’t use on this site}.

Yes! You said it better than me. My response about the sex life was flippant at best.

Heather could have joked her way out of actually answering the question and the subject would have dropped but instead she doubled down in a who is more single argument.

Heather was looking for tits on an ant at the moment and I LIKE Heather! 🙂

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

And she was wearing hills trying to navigate that path in the cave.

The editors could have gone all-out with the pirate theme and titled this episode The Hills Have Ayes

• Fire 2
  • LOL 9
  • Love 2
On 12/13/2023 at 8:52 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I have been following that trend for my entire life, my luxury barely whispers, lol.

My luxury is full-on mute at this point, but I did get many compliments on the Old Navy blazer I wore to work the other day.

I do have to take Heather's side in Sexgate. It's gross to ask someone on camera (or...at all, frankly) for details of their daughter's sex life. I don't know that I'd share something like that with my close friends, much less a national audience. (And I do think Heather saying to her daughter "get drunk and have sex!" while not being something I would say to my kid on camera, is very different from talking about actual sex that the kid is or is not having.) Further, I think Heather has a point that "When was the last time you had sex?" is a much different question for a single woman. What ever way Heather answers that question, she's going to get flack from someone! True, she does make sexual comments frequently but I think talking about balloons looking like balls or whatever is, again, very different from talking about sex that you are personally having or not having. 

That said, Heather lost me with her comments about Monica not being single. I don't like Monica at all, and I generally like Heather, but that was uncalled for. If Monica's separated from her husband and considers herself single, who is Heather to say otherwise? Heather came across as really judgmental there. 

I, too, would love to see the text messages between Monica and her relatives, as it seems like we're missing a chunk of information here. Maybe there was a bunch of fourth-wall stuff in there that they couldn't show, or maybe Monica's just a lying liar who lies (or both!), but hopefully shit will come to light at the reunion. 

• Like 12
On 12/13/2023 at 10:16 AM, CallmeCray said:

This was disturbing to watch, and the fact that her daughter is an “old soul” is likely not unrelated to what looks to be like a case of parentification.   It’s never a kid’s job to console and provide counsel to their parent, and it’s obvious that this is their pattern.  Sweet, smart young lady, but she still needs her mom to be a mom TO HER, not the other way around.  Monica is immature on many levels and not playing with a full deck.  She really needs to grow up.

I just learned that when we refer to a child as an "old soul" refers to a parentified child which is basically what is happened. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 3

I understand not everyone enjoys costumes and dressing in a theme for an event, but I think Lisa is being obnoxious (as is Mary) for not participating at least a little.  She thinks she is too stylish and fashionable to dress up with the rest of her "friends."  To me, she comes across as snobby and a cold fish.  

(At least Meredith does her classy version of the theme.  Lisa could do this, too, if the costumes were too tacky.  Can't these ladies let down their hair and have some fun?)

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
14 hours ago, bosawks said:

While I do think Monica's mom is terrible I just don't think she's the Bond Villain she's being portrayed as.

She's just not going to put that much time and effort into anything involving Monica.

But she'd put lots of time and effort into being on tv!  And she can't do that if they all fly across the country without her! 😄

Monica showed up this season practically boasting about her affair with the BIL.  And Heather opened the door to her daughter's sex life by encouraging her on camera to get drunk and have sex in college.  That being said, Monica doesn't seem to understand any kind of boundaries so I get why she asked, and of course Heather was right to shut it down.  I would argue that she was wrong to then bring it up with her daughter on camera again.  As for being asked the question - naturally they all said they did it right before they left - they're on tv after all; that conversation would have gone differently in my friend circles 😂  And since my friends are actually my friends, I'd know which ones had a chance of having sex recently or not!

Edited by princelina
  • Like 3
On 12/13/2023 at 1:16 PM, CallmeCray said:

This was disturbing to watch, and the fact that her daughter is an “old soul” is likely not unrelated to what looks to be like a case of parentification.   It’s never a kid’s job to console and provide counsel to their parent, and it’s obvious that this is their pattern.  Sweet, smart young lady, but she still needs her mom to be a mom TO HER, not the other way around.  Monica is immature on many levels and not playing with a full deck.  She really needs to grow up.

Monica and Linda have a dysfunctional relationship, but Monica and her kids' relationship is not too much better. Some of her kids are old enough to know about her affair with her brother in law, and they can now watch the show, as well. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Monicas family in Bermuda made a good choice. Plus she was going to bring Lisa so they avoided something else they didn’t deserve. I’m getting annoyed by the weekly Monica show.  She’s a shitty actress too. Pretending to put together the great dm mystery. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

This episode was a snooze, but the editors cracked me up showing all the beautiful views, then Meredith's room without much of one. Hey, they are all doing better than the Potomac ladies partying amongst a construction site in Austin!  

I didn't like the single shame Heather doused onto Monica. Monica is very separated and awaiting her divorce to go thru. She is allowed to sleep with whomever she wants, and hopefully LD Millionaire doesn't walk in while she is in a flagrant 69 position.  I think her Bermuda relatives did not want the cameras and disruption and given they have not seen Monica in 30 years, they owed her nothing.  

Monica's oldest daughter is not just an old soul. She is the child parent, who soothes her mother's ruffled feathers and says all the right things. It is clear this lovely girl never really got to be a child, and now is tasked with mothering Monica as well as her siblings. She is a good kid, and I wish her well.

Angie K. continues to crack me up and took the Greek Mafia stuff fairly well. She is social media savvy, when this crap hit the air, she did a video of her entire family in her massive bed including her daughter and dad (can't remember if the fancy pink dyed poodle was there). They explained how cheap fake news is and how it traveled when her Pater (Father in Greek) came to this country/tying in a Life magazine article about immigrants, and how he got his first pair of shoes at the age of 11, and how you can be successful in this country by hard work without being in the Greek mafia. While it was obviously staged, I will say it was sweet and I adore her dad and daughter. Her hubby isn't bad either... dare I say I enjoy Angie K, her giant windshield sunglasses, and her entire family in their white massive glass house? Another IG page "Drunk Drawn" frequently draws Angie in her cartoons, and only depicts her with one eye. Angie re-posts these photos to her own page.  She is in on the joke, and for that I appreciate her. 

Edited by Crazydoxielady
  • Like 11
On 12/13/2023 at 11:22 AM, Pi237 said:

Was Monica producing any tears or just doing the patented Housewives ‘pat at the corner of your eyes and gravel your voice’ move?

She’s too focus pulling for me. I’m sure her Mom is a narcissistic nightmare, and that sucks, but….. I honestly Don’t Care.  

No more childhood trauma and parents on these shows, please. It’s BORING. 

Bermuda was gorgeous. And loved Lisa calling Meredith on the carpet. That’s all I got because it’s turned into the Monica and her Trauma show. 

I was looking for tears and saw none.

Also, that was not a traditional Bermuda breakfast. I had a years-long romance with a Bermudian and never saw such a thing. Quiche is French, Bermuda leans British.

• Like 4
  • Useful 4
3 minutes ago, howiveaddict said:

Angie has also posted about how the Watch What Crappens guy imitate her on their pod, having her frequently say "I am Greek"! She has a great since of humor about herself.

I love it! Ronnie and Ben are so talented I've wondered if some of the Housewives can't help but be amused over their impressions. I cracked up when one of the guys made fun of "a Greek person can't be successful?" hahahahah 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Monica is the quintessential lying liar who lies.  I think she set up Meredith with the whole Greek mafia and DMs.

Maybe Meredith did say something about the Greek mafia in a kidding way.  I just don't believe that she's so stupid to try something similar to what she's previously been accused of doing.

Monica and Linda need to leave this show for Intervention or something similar.  Win-win!  At least for me, as I don't watch Intervention lol.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
On 12/17/2023 at 11:52 AM, SoCal4Us said:

Maybe Meredith did say something about the Greek mafia in a kidding way.  I just don't believe that she's so stupid to try something similar to what she's previously been accused of doing.

I do!  I'm still waiting to hear about all of the little handicapped children of the world . . .

• LOL 7

Meredith sounded absolutely drugged most of this episode, she was loopy on the boat, she was loopy in the Sprinter van when she was telling Lisa about  Brooks signing with Elite Models or some such agency she was even loopy during dinner. She was on the phone with Seth telling him she was having a hard time and basically could be heard rolling his eyes and told her to just enjoy Bermuda and shut up about it.

Whitney was trying real hard with her screaming about how Heather stole her g-d damn crotch for her book or some such nonsense, Heather was right, Whitless did sound like an idiot.

I loved that the WHFS bumper sticker got screen time in the background at the bar, back in the early 80's based out of Bethesda MD, that station was it, new wave, punk, it was the best, DJ's like Weasel and Damian Einstein, you could win tickets to see bands at The 9:30 Club and The Cellar Door, but I wistfully digress.  

This season has been the season of the ugly sunglasses, Heather must have stolen those pink ones she wore on the beach walk with Monica from a toddler.

Did it look like Whitney had a black eye when she sat down to have her makeup done?

OOPS!!! I have cut and pasted this on the correct thread, is there a way to delete this post like it never happened?

Edited by Baltimore Betty
need to add context
  • Like 3
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Meredith sounded absolutely drugged most of this episode, she was loopy on the boat, she was loopy in the Sprinter van when she was telling Lisa about  Brooks signing with Elite Models or some such agency she was even loopy during dinner. She was on the phone with Seth telling him she was having a hard time and basically could be heard rolling his eyes and told her to just enjoy Bermuda and shut up about it.

Whitney was trying real hard with her screaming about how Heather stole her g-d damn crotch for her book or some such nonsense, Heather was right, Whitless did sound like an idiot.

I loved that the WHFS bumper sticker got screen time in the background at the bar, back in the early 80's based out of Bethesda MD, that station was it, new wave, punk, it was the best, DJ's like Weasel and Damian Einstein, you could win tickets to see bands at The 9:30 Club and The Cellar Door, but I wistfully digress.  

This season has been the season of the ugly sunglasses, Heather must have stolen those pink ones she wore on the beach walk with Monica from a toddler.

Did it look like Whitney had a black eye when she sat down to have her makeup done?

wrong episode thread, but...I will have to go back and look for the WHFS sticker -you are obviously remembering them from a time before the call letters were suspected to stand for We Have Five Songs 😜

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • LOL 4
9 hours ago, SweetieDarling said:

-you are obviously remembering them from a time before the call letters were suspected to stand for We Have Five Songs 😜

That station back in the day was the most amazing local station, it is sacred! LOL. Seriously, there was no other station like it and in thirty or forty years you and I will wax poetically about all the HW shows just like I did about WHFS. 😏

• LOL 1