Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E12: Chasing Waterfalls

Pop Tart
  • Start Topic

The Charmers first day in paradise is overshadowed by a salacious article that causes Olivia and Austen's progress to backslide; Madison enjoys her last hurrah before trying for baby #2.

Airdate: 12.7.23

• Like 1

Watching JT flex the entire time he's shirtless on camera is hilarious. Same with the constant trucker hat so that camera doesnt catch his bald spot. How he stumbled into this gig is beyond me. Such a tryhard. 

Taylor bought herself a new rack?

Shep's such a jealous asshole. He hates that Craig is happy & successful. 

Edited by snarts
  • Like 11
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Ugh...Whitney is a total ass!! He's little snide comment about Craig and Paige is telling! He's just salty cause he's old and isn't in a relationship. I used to really like him. NO more! I know I'm prolly the minority opinion. Lol, but I like Craig and Paige together!

• Like 11
5 hours ago, snarts said:

Watching JT flex the entire time he's shirtless on camera is hilarious. Same with the constant trucker hat so that camera doesnt catch his bald spot. How he stumbled into this gig is beyond me. Such a tryhard. 

Taylor bought herself a new rack?

Shep's such a jealous asshole. He hates that Craig is happy & successful. 

Madison said in a previous episode that Taylor wanted to show her new breasts in the nude photo she sent to Whitney (and probably others).

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1

Venita is entirely too poised and mature for this group.  The fact that she makes her own hotel bed instead of leaving it for housekeeping to do speaks volumes about her character.

Hell, she's probably the only one of this entire bunch that makes her bed PERIOD, no matter where she is. That fact alone means she's too poised and mature for them.

Austen's whole "We're supposed to be in each other's lives!" speech to Olivia had be flashing back to him telling Chelsea that they were going to be old and gray and in the same nursing home because THEY were meant to be in each other's lives. Does he just trot this sentiment out whenever he feels it'll work for him? (And does anyone know if he and Chelsea are even still in touch?)

JT did indeed look like a beach towel, but at least he recognized Austen's stupid schtick for what it is and told him to his face that he's a kid in a grownup's body.

• Like 13
  • Applause 1

Why is Olivia, Leva, and the rest looking at the article for clues about the truth, when it’s apparent that someone involved with the show probably went to the press? Hell, or more likely, the way they’re always yelling and fighting about it in public, some random restaurant/hotel/bar patron could have just called in what they overheard. It’s not like someone was hiding under Austen’s bed and knew for a fact they fucked 3 times on these dates or something. Whatever they’re reading on the internet is speculation based on the details they themselves are hollering about.

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 8
  • LOL 2

Oh My God!!!!  At this point, I don't care if Austin and Olivia are married with three young kids and Austin woke her up by f@#%^ Taylor in bed right next to her.  In fact, I hope something like this happens soon.

Olivia, your schtick is tiresome.  You weren't WRONGED!!!  Give it up--we don't care.  JT, quit making me agree with Austin.  The non-issue has nothing to do with you. It  has nothing to do with anything but a tired story line because it is a non-issue.

I can't imagine this tired show limping along too much longer.  Well, it can but it is too stupid to keep watching (and that is saying something).

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 5

I'm enjoying this season. Yes, it's repetive, but maybe I'm used to it because so many of the housewives shows rehash one issue all freaking season long.

Anyway, I think it burns Shep that Craig is in love, happy, and successful. Craig has come a long way since the first season when he seemed somewhat lost while Shep is basically just older, more bitter and unhappy. The first few seasons Craig was the punching bag, and I often remember how mean Shep was towards Craig. Or how about the time that Shep was pissed when Craig got more in an auction than Shep. Shep wants to get a rises out of Craig to make himself feel better about his increasingly pathetic life. I really hope Shep is watching the show and doing some major self-reflection (doubtful) and stops the drinking.

All the woman looked great at dinner (though Olivia looked freshly done or else she has makeup that is amazingly waterproof and sweatproof). I say this all in jealously because I couldn't ever look as good. Venita is so beautiful, especially without makeup, plus she's still way too mature for this group.

Glad Olivia called Austen out on his shit, oh he's "so exhausted". I thought Olivia and Austen weren't a thing ever, but apparently they were together for months after New York, which is also supposedly when he 'kissed' Taylor.  Timeline sure is messy.  No wonder she's all over place, plus she's still reeling from the loss of her brother. I'm not sure I would be handling myself as well.

I admit that I wasn't a fan of JT at first, but he's growing on me, plus he can be the voice of reason, like at dinner when he went off on Austen. I loved his scrunched up look during Austen's 'apology' and rewound a couple times becuase it truly made me laugh. While he may be right, the boys don't respect him or seem to like him at all (yet?), so he's talking to the wall. I enjoyed JT and  Venita's recent appearance on WWHL, and he's gone slighty up in my eyes.

Um Taylor, everyone picking Olivia's side is really not the wrong side. That's the issue, how are you not seeing this?  You got hurt by Shep, we get it, but that doesn't make it okay for you to act all crazy and get mad that Olivia is upset with you for doing god knows what with her ex. Or maybe Taylor just doesn't believe in girl code? Maybe the sweet act the past couple years was an act, becuase it sure does seem like it.  I still want to know if Taylor also hooked up with Whitney like I've heard mentioned on a podcast.

Shep is turning into Thomas Ravenel, except more bloated.

Edited by IntrovertRed
  • Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

This show is done.  The entire storyline for the season is whether or not two people who were single might have "hooked up."  The reason being that their exes might have feelings about it.  Shep has no right to care about anything Taylor does.  Olivia was never in a relationship with Austin so she's not even really an "ex."  Bravo is trying to make this into the next Scandoval to reignite the show, but a) this isn't anything close to Scandoval and b) the most interesting person left on the show is Patricia and she's laid up in bed with a sprained ankle.

The remaining people of the original cast are looking old and tired, particularly Shep, even more so than Whitney who probably has 10 years on him.  And I really liked Shep until a couple of seasons ago when he just turned mean; he used to be the lovable layabout with mailbox money and good manners.  Now he looks like he has hate in his eyes because he can't believe his life is turning out this way.  Even Craig is looking gray (not his hair, his skin) and paunchy.  Whenever they show that replay of the smoker debate at Shep's backyard party, I'm amazed at how much Craig has aged in just a few years (and no, Craig, Paige is never moving to Charleston, she's a Bravo girlfriend).  None of the new people (except Rodrigo, I like him, but he's scarce) are the least bit interesting, and they know that, so they just create arguments to give themselves airtime and stay on the show.

I realize the people who left did so for good reasons, whether by their choice or the network's.  But with their departure it should have been the end of the show; this new version is just not believable.  

• Like 8
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1

This show used to be about life in Charleston.  Parties, gatherings, things that most of us would never be invited to.  A peek inside the lives of this wonderful city.

Charleston was the main character, like New York in Sex and the City.

Now, this could be based anywhere, as we just go from house to house, arguing about who slept with whom.  

I was in Charleston last year for the first time.  Stayed on King & Calhoun streets.  Such a wonderful city.  Wish they'd bring it back on the show.

• Like 14
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, IntrovertRed said:

plus she's still reeling from the loss of her brother. I'm not sure I would be handling myself as well.

I keep going back to this.  She's contractually obligated I'm sure to show up and participate in this stupid shit show, all while still being in the middle of grieving.  That's why I'll give her a bit of a pass. 

9 hours ago, Mstk3000 said:

Bravo is trying to make this into the next Scandoval to reignite the show, but a) this isn't anything close to Scandoval

OMG, all of that dramatic music they were playing while flashing those lame headlines was making me irrationally angry.  You're exactly right, this is NOT even close to Scandoval level and they are doing everything to try to pump it up to be.  

Taylor, sit down and shut up you big dummy.  If you truly want to be Olivia's friend, you may have to apologize to her for the rest of your life.  And Craig spoke the bare truth which you absolutely didn't want to hear and you 100% won't abide by:  you have to give up Austen if you want to be friends with Olivia.  You are also the wrongdoer in this situation and nobody is going to take your side, nor should they.

Shep talks to Taylor like she's his daughter.  Gross.  I look at them and can't believe they were ever a couple.  Ravenel 2.0 indeed.  

I'm actually not minding this new version of Madison but she needs to back off hard and fast from whatever she's doing to her face.  She looks awful.  She's going down a slippery slope.

JT - no matter how much grandstanding you do on her behalf, Taylor is NEVER going to fall for you little man.  

I want to go to Jamaica now!

• Like 10
  • Love 1
On 12/7/2023 at 5:17 PM, bosawks said:

Whitney’s day totally begins with animé.

Madison is so right about that.

I don't get the reference.  A middle aged man likes Japanese cartoons?

This whole episode was about some dodgy tabloid site tossing some allegations?

The whole cast reacted to that nothing burger for the whole episode?

At least the women were in bathing suits.

Blah.

• Like 4

Agree with @Vivigirl10 about Ravenel 2.0, and I think Taylor is Katherine Dennis 2.0 in that she tried to attach herself to a ding-a-ling with a big ol' wallet, and it didn't work out as she planned. 

God this tripe is boring, AND I have a visceral reaction to how much I loathe boring, desperate, try-hard JT--but I died laughing when someone said, "JT's on this bus?" 🤣 SO embarrassing. And when he stood up to bark at the dinner, he acted as if he were giving a soliloquy in Hamlet. Sit down, Stupid. You're a lowest level cast member on a crappy reality show. No one likes you and never will. Can't you get that through your greasy head? ™️Coming to America

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 5
18 hours ago, StevieRocks said:

Sit down, Stupid. You're a lowest level cast member on a crappy reality show. No one likes you and never will. Can't you get that through your greasy head? ™️Coming to America

May be in the minority here but I prefer JT to Austen ANY day.

• Like 13
  • Applause 2

I prefer JT and Rod over Shep & Austen.

Neither, however, has enough "game" to get the Charleston gals fighting over them, which equal, unfortunately, lackluster ratings.

I would love to see each of them in stable, happy relationships, and to join Cameron and Chelsea and live happily ever after, sans this show.

• Like 4
On 12/8/2023 at 11:39 PM, IntrovertRed said:

I'm enjoying this season. Yes, it's repetive, but maybe I'm used to it because so many of the housewives shows rehash one issue all freaking season long.

Anyway, I think it burns Shep that Craig is in love, happy, and successful. Craig has come a long way since the first season when he seemed somewhat lost while Shep is basically just older, more bitter and unhappy. The first few seasons Craig was the punching bag, and I often remember how mean Shep was towards Craig. Or how about the time that Shep was pissed when Craig got more in an auction than Shep. Shep wants to get a rises out of Craig to make himself feel better about his increasingly pathetic life. I really hope Shep is watching the show and doing some major self-reflection (doubtful) and stops the drinking.

All the woman looked great at dinner (though Olivia looked freshly done or else she has makeup that is amazingly waterproof and sweatproof). I say this all in jealously because I couldn't ever look as good. Venita is so beautiful, especially without makeup, plus she's still way too mature for this group.

Glad Olivia called Austen out on his shit, oh he's "so exhausted". I thought Olivia and Austen weren't a thing ever, but apparently they were together for months after New York, which is also supposedly when he 'kissed' Taylor.  Timeline sure is messy.  No wonder she's all over place, plus she's still reeling from the loss of her brother. I'm not sure I would be handling myself as well.

I admit that I wasn't a fan of JT at first, but he's growing on me, plus he can be the voice of reason, like at dinner when he went off on Austen. I loved his scrunched up look during Austen's 'apology' and rewound a couple times becuase it truly made me laugh. While he may be right, the boys don't respect him or seem to like him at all (yet?), so he's talking to the wall. I enjoyed JT and  Venita's recent appearance on WWHL, and he's gone slighty up in my eyes.

Um Taylor, everyone picking Olivia's side is really not the wrong side. That's the issue, how are you not seeing this?  You got hurt by Shep, we get it, but that doesn't make it okay for you to act all crazy and get mad that Olivia is upset with you for doing god knows what with her ex. Or maybe Taylor just doesn't believe in girl code? Maybe the sweet act the past couple years was an act, becuase it sure does seem like it.  I still want to know if Taylor also hooked up with Whitney like I've heard mentioned on a podcast.

Shep is turning into Thomas Ravenel, except more bloated.

Yes, Shep, and Austin are jealous of Craig who was lost in early seasons, but he is now successful, in a relationship for some time, and happy, that's why they both claim that Paige doesn't really want to be with him, or move to Charleston, and that's why she didn't come to the Jamaica trip. They both don't want to be in a committed relationship, or get married, but they are not happy either by being on short term relationships, or random hookups. They are supposedly on a successful reality show, and famous, but this didn't help them too much. They didn't achieve anything professionally like Craig, although they receive salaries from Bravo (but the rest do, as well).

Taylor is clueless. Nobody is going to take her side because she was not the wronged person. I think like others that she was pretending she was a nice girl, and she only wanted to be with somebody who was well-off, and on a reality show. She even abandoned her previous profession.

I think that JT is funny.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 12/8/2023 at 7:35 PM, albarino said:

Olivia, your schtick is tiresome.  You weren't WRONGED!!!  Give it up--we don't care.  JT, quit making me agree with Austin.  The non-issue has nothing to do with you. It  has nothing to do with anything but a tired story line because it is a non-issue.

All of this!!!  Olivia!  You were never Austen's girlfriend just like Ciara was never his girlfriend.  Hell, he hooked up with Ciara while he was hooking up with you.  Stop acting like you were in a long term relationship.  You dated on and off!  Period!  And JT!  Why is Austen hooking up with Taylor against bro code but you trying so hard to get in her pants isn't?  You need to STFU!  You're just jealous that the girls go for Austen (why I don't know) and not you. You have no swag dude.  Stop inserting yourself in things that don't involve you. It makes me embarrassed for you. 

Edited by swankie
Spelling
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
(edited)
On 12/9/2023 at 1:18 PM, zenme said:

One of the sad things about Taylor and her antics is that she’s doing all of this because of Shep, a man who treated, and continues to, treat her like shit. 

Yes and she admitted she likes "bad boys" who don't treat her well. She said "women" like this, but obviously she was talking about herself. It's sad. 

Craig and Shep both have smoker's voices. I've seen Shep smoke on the show. Does Craig also smoke or is he just aging rapidly?

Taylor doesn't seem very bright to me. Olivia seems angry. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 2
29 minutes ago, Sweet-tea said:

Yes and she admitted she likes "bad boys" who don't treat her well. She said "women" like this, but obviously she was talking about herself. It's sad. 

Craig and Shep both have smoker's voices. I've seen Shep smoke on the show. Does Craig also smoke or is he just aging rapidly?

Taylor doesn't seem very bright to me. Olivia seems angry. 

I think they both are, or were smokers.