Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E14: Always Darkest Before the Dawn

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Thank you for saying this, I agree.

That boxed Christmas tree is what I use every year!  I think it was even $10 or $15!!  PRE-LIT!  I do add another string of lights just because I like them but it's about 4 ft tall, I put it on a table and that little thing is perfect!

• Like 17
  • Love 3

We're gone for much of the holiday season, but we still manage to put up a tree.  It's 4.5 foot tall, and small, but I've collected ornaments over the past 40 years and I love seeing them on that tree. 🎄

They remind me of places we've been and of folks who are no longer with us.  For example, 35 years ago my mom bought me a box of hand-blown ornaments in Gatlinburg, TN, for my first Christmas tree, and they are still in perfect condition.  She passed away, but they are on our tree.   💖

Someone looking at my tree may think it's small and dinky, but I  KNOW where every ornament came from and when I got it. Christmas trees can be quite cheap in appearance but may be priceless with all of  memories they hold.  🥰

Oh crikey, now I'm getting sentimental!  Must go yell at DH to balance out effects of all of this ooky goodness!  Oh wait.  He's got the tire thump in his hands, checking the tires.  Better wait a lil bit before approaching him...🤔🙃😛

P.S.  we also have a hand-blown ornament in the shape of an 18-wheeler on the front of our tree.  Can't get much more schlocky than that...heheheh. Merry Christmas, y'all. 

Edited by Rabbit Hutch
Additional info
  • Like 9
  • Love 13
On 11/23/2023 at 9:02 PM, candall said:

there's Janelle--supposedly the finance brain--trading up from water cans and a chemical toilet to a shitty little crackerbox rental apartment with a sad little shrimpy boxed Christmas tree.  Yikes.

I think you are remembering the small apartment that she had in 2021 or early 2022. It was a tiny apartment but the one that they showed a couple of episodes ago looked new and spacious. Certainly better than the RV. I think Janelle knows that she has made terrible financial decisions over the years. Let's hope that she is getting some good advice from an attorney and /or her grown children. When I read that she was going into a "grounded" business I thought be careful Janelle with your money. 

• Like 10
4 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I think you are remembering the small apartment that she had in 2021 or early 2022. It was a tiny apartment but the one that they showed a couple of episodes ago looked new and spacious. Certainly better than the RV. I think Janelle knows that she has made terrible financial decisions over the years. Let's hope that she is getting some good advice from an attorney and /or her grown children. When I read that she was going into a "grounded" business I thought be careful Janelle with your money. 

Oh goodness...she isn't going to call it "Get Grounded with Janelle" !!??

• LOL 6
17 hours ago, Rabbit Hutch said:

We're gone for much of the holiday season, but we still manage to put up a tree.  It's 4.5 foot tall, and small, but I've collected ornaments over the past 40 years and I love seeing them on that tree. 🎄

They remind me of places we've been and of folks who are no longer with us.  For example, 35 years ago my mom bought me a box of hand-blown ornaments in Gatlinburg, TN, for my first Christmas tree, and they are still in perfect condition.  She passed away, but they are on our tree.   💖

Someone looking at my tree may think it's small and dinky, but I  KNOW where every ornament came from and when I got it. Christmas trees can be quite cheap in appearance but may be priceless with all of  memories they hold.  🥰

Oh crikey, now I'm getting sentimental!  Must go yell at DH to balance out effects of all of this ooky goodness!  Oh wait.  He's got the tire thump in his hands, checking the tires.  Better wait a lil bit before approaching him...🤔🙃😛

P.S.  we also have a hand-blown ornament in the shape of an 18-wheeler on the front of our tree.  Can't get much more schlocky than that...heheheh. Merry Christmas, y'all. 

I love this!!! Merry Christmas!!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
30 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Why does kootie keep calling simpl discussions, negotiations??  And him having a lot “ for all 18 children “.  What are they going to be able to do ?  Other than sell it  

He's lying about it being for all 18 children, he doesn't even speak to the majority of them. He's so selfish, he's using that as an excuse so he can own the majority of the property. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ladyscorpio said:

He's lying about it being for all 18 children, he doesn't even speak to the majority of them. He's so selfish, he's using that as an excuse so he can own the majority of the property. 

I thought his plan was to build 5 houses - the 5th one would be a rental income property.   (Which makes such financial sense that Kootie couldn't possibly have come up with that idea)

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
5 minutes ago, Sweetpea12 said:

I thought his plan was to build 5 houses - the 5th one would be a rental income property.   (Which makes such financial sense that Kootie couldn't possibly have come up with that idea)

It does but it doesn't. It takes a long time to make up the cost of a newly constructed house by renting it out.

• Like 2
  • Useful 3
  • Love 1
On 11/26/2023 at 4:14 PM, ladyscorpio said:

On 11/26/2023 at 3:41 PM, dariafan said:

Why does kootie keep calling simpl discussions, negotiations??  And him having a lot “ for all 18 children “.  What are they going to be able to do ?  Other than sell it  

So even if it were true that he was going to leave it to all 18 children, which it isn't, when you start dividing his share by 18, that doesn't leave anything usable for each child, and it would leave a nightmare of 18 competing priorities in terms of what to do with the land. Additionally, there is overlap between the wives and him in terms of the number of kids! So it's not like he has 18 to leave it to, which is such a huge number, compared to zero for the wives. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
53 minutes ago, Adiba said:

When asked by Meri if he intended the family lot to go to the kids, Kody started to say "No" but Robyn shut him up real quick. 

I don't think Kody ever things about what he is leaving to whom because he cannot imagine a world that doesn't have him in it.

• Like 13
  • LOL 3
On 11/22/2023 at 9:26 AM, Meow Mix said:

Did anyone else catch that Meri said that Kody gave her some bs about them having a future when they first got to Flagstaff?  I think he was buttering her up to get the money from her Vegas house so that they could buy that ugly house.  As soon as he got what he wanted, he was back to the same old behavior.

I also believe this, and Kody basically gave away his deceitful strategy when he admitted acting/performing/telling the wives what they want to hear to get what he wants.  He and Rob'em, despite their lack of intellectual prowess, are master manipulators.

• Like 8
  • Love 1
On 11/20/2023 at 12:07 PM, ladyscorpio said:

I know Kody and Sobbyn wrote down a list of questions that they will not answer, when Kody did the Mormon interview on YouTube, the guy that interviewed him said that Kody's "handlers" had a specific list of topics that the show couldn't ask him about so I know it's going to be just like that again. 

Nothing says 'scared pussy about to be found out' like refusing to answer legitimate questions from a show you willingly wanted to be on. Both of them are such cowards, it's pathetic. If they really want to tell their story then sit on the goddamned couch with the OG3 and hash it out. On camera.

ETA: I think Suki is the worst interviewer ever, and if she is being told to treat Douchbrow with kid gloves then she ought to just say NO to TLC and at least show some journalistic integrity. But at least, at least, they force Douche and Brow to sit separately and alone on that couch with Suki. That way, at the very least, Brow cannot try to stop Douche from flapping his patriarchal gums and acting the fool that he is. Hey, it's something. You know Brows is sitting back in some green room fretting and pacing, worried that Douche will open his pie hole and say something contradictory to her 'story'.

Edited by surfgirl
  • Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 11/20/2023 at 9:59 PM, J80134 said:

The best part of the episode was the walk away to fake cry footage of diesel jeans model Crybrows; sporting the latest style...flat ass square pants

This made me lol as I just returned a pair of diesel jeans that i ordered online because they completely obliterated my butt...diesel roisin FYI. They do have other lines that give you a perky butt!

• Like 2
  • LOL 3