Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E01: Bringing Home the Bacon

• Start Topic

Dang no replies yet?   I must say that Tammy really seems different.  She seems much happier and more carefree.  She also seems to have gained a good bit of confidence and self love from her success.  Her goodbye and thank-yous to the clinic staff and patients seemed very heart felt and genuine.  I’m happy for her.  Her nastiness and meanness in earlier seasons was undoubtedly due to being depressed and in constant physical pain and discomfort.  
Kinda disappointed Darlene wasn’t also there to greet her.  At least the siblings are a good support system for each other since it doesn’t seem like their mother is. 

Edited by Joan van Snark
  • Like 7

I was surprised as well to see no replies!

I hate seeing Amy & Michael struggling. Those boys deserve committed parents.

I believe Darlene is not in very good health.  But in a very early season I do recall their Mother belittling Tammy, saying she’s not going to make it. :(. However I’m envious of the strong sibling support system. But was glad to hear Amanda proclaim they are all blessed in that regard, nice to know at least she recognizes that.

Edited by jnymph
  • Like 5

So tired of Amy's victim story!  Yeah, mothers have to juggle two babies when they have them; what's new?  Some husbands actually work, and some women don't have one!  Someone call Amy a WAH-mbulance,  And then the meltdown and waterworks to detract from all the positive attention Tammy was getting (and has earned)...

The whole family's getting WLS?  Okay.  What about eating less?  Misty doesn't even look that big.  I wonder if Weygovy is going to make gastric bypass obsolete.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Dibs said:

So tired of Amy's victim story!  Yeah, mothers have to juggle two babies when they have them; what's new?  Some husbands actually work, and some women don't have one!  Someone call Amy a WAH-mbulance

I chose to be a single mom and have 2 kids; have always and continue to do it all on my own. It’s one thing when you go into it knowing everything is on you. But when you’re married and have 2 babies with a spouse, expecting that your spouse will pull their weight as a parent as they should, and then they don’t, it’s understandable to be disappointed and frustrated. Amy’s kids have two parents who should both be caring for them, and they’re not. I don’t blame her for being resentful and overwhelmed. Michael needs to be shown the door. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
27 minutes ago, SDVegas said:

I chose to be a single mom and have 2 kids; have always and continue to do it all on my own. It’s one thing when you go into it knowing everything is on you. But when you’re married and have 2 babies with a spouse, expecting that your spouse will pull their weight as a parent as they should, and then they don’t, it’s understandable to be disappointed and frustrated. Amy’s kids have two parents who should both be caring for them, and they’re not. I don’t blame her for being resentful and overwhelmed. Michael needs to be shown the door. 

Michael works a full-time job.  I realize Amy isn't familiar with this concept, but it can be quite tiring and, since he's providing an INCOME, he deserves some down-time, too.  Amy's a crybaby...

Again, assuming if it's not producer-driving drama/selective editing.

Hopefully that won't be the main storyline all season, because I'm already tired of it!

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, SDVegas said:

Amy’s kids have two parents who should both be caring for them, and they’re not. I don’t blame her for being resentful and overwhelmed. Michael needs to be shown the door. 

I think Michael Wants to be shown the door. During that photo shoot, he just stood there, watching the chaos. He's totally checked out.

I fell asleep a few times, how did Amy's sister insult her?  Amy might have a bit of post partum plus being overwhelmed. Two little boys with all that energy is Alot. Imagine if Tammy And her boyfriend moved in?!

Edited by Pi237
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, Dibs said:

So tired of Amy's victim story!  Yeah, mothers have to juggle two babies when they have them; what's new?  Some husbands actually work, and some women don't have one!  Someone call Amy a WAH-mbulance,  And then the meltdown and waterworks to detract from all the positive attention Tammy was getting (and has earned)...

👏👏👏👏👏👏  You summed up my feelings about her perfectly!!!!

There are plenty of single mothers out there raising kids AND going to work every day.  She lives in a filthy house and whines. I have absolutely no sympathy for her. Tammy deserved better.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, Pi237 said:

I fell asleep a few times, how did Amy's sister insult her?  Amy might have a bit of post partum plus being overwhelmed. Two little boys with all that energy is Alot. Imagine if Tammy And her boyfriend moved in?!

Amanda made a joke about Amy’s eyes. She didn’t mean to be hurtful, but it’s a sensitive topic for Amy; she was hurt and she got quite upset. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
7 hours ago, Dibs said:

Again, assuming if it's not producer-driving drama/selective editing.

This. I'm wary of judging Michael yet.  We're only getting Amy's side of things. 

What was with Chris' wife and the snacks? She's usually quiet. That was just odd.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
5 hours ago, SDVegas said:

Amanda made a joke about Amy’s eyes. She didn’t mean to be hurtful, but it’s a sensitive topic for Amy; she was hurt and she got quite upset. 

I’m normally a big Amanda fan but she needed to lay off Amy a little.  Sometimes you just aren’t in the mood for ribbing and I can imagine the eye thing is a sore subject and something she has no control over.  Amanda should have just said I’m sorry you know it was a joke but she kept pressing on Amy. 

• Like 3
15 hours ago, Joan van Snark said:

Dang no replies yet?

Lol, yes, there were, but I mistakenly posted my reply in the media thread.  There are a few in there after mine.  Sorry about that.  Here's what I meant to post here:

Tonight was the premier of the new season.  It showed Tammy leaving the rehab facility, she and Caleb crying over their separation, Tammy wanting to go but not wanting to leave Caleb, Tammy moving into Amanda's spare house, Amy not being able to handle the two kids, Michael just sitting there (or being edited that way), Amanda making a joke about Amy's poor vision, Amy getting up and leaving the room crying because of being picked on, the whole family yelling in front of the two toddlers, and Tammy sitting there probably thinking, "It was quieter in rehab."

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Thanks 1

Sunflowers don’t breathe.

I would hope that a rehab facility catering to the morbidly obese would have the residents on strict calorie limits so what’s this about Caleb and his emotional eating?  If they are going to let him overeat he will never lose enough weight to be independent. 

Five siblings all have weight loss surgery. And it looked like Amanda’s sons are well on their way.  Does this family fry all three meals?

Tammy and Caleb acting like they are a love story for the ages.  Didn’t they know each other just a couple months before getting married?  And have they even consummated?

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Like 2
18 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

This. I'm wary of judging Michael yet.  We're only getting Amy's side of things. 

What was with Chris' wife and the snacks? She's usually quiet. That was just odd.

I totally agree. She was being a food pusher and that is the last thing her husband and Tammy needs.

• Like 3

And you need snacks as soon as you get in the car lol?  

It was interesting that Tammy said it was unsafe when she would sit on the floor of the vehicle.  I bet it was illegal too.  I wonder if they got pulled over for some other infraction if they would have been ticketed for that too.  Certainly a seat belt violation.  And they showed that clip where Michael slammed on the brakes and Tammy went face first into the seats.  Maybe the only legal way to transport someone her former size is by ambulance.  But she could fit in a wheelchair and people in wheelchairs travel so not sure why they didn’t do it that way.  Probably not as comfortable for her to sit in one for hours.

• Like 1

The rerun of this episode starts at 6 p.m. Central, 7 p.m. Eastern tonight, on TLC.    

That was so sad seeing Tammy upset that she had her trach out and was being released, but Caleb wasn't.    It was very thoughtful of the care center to let them share a room.   

Could Amy and the rest say any more nasty words?  I'm guessing not.   

How cruel of Amanda to make that awful joke out of Amy's eye condition.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
7 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

And you need snacks as soon as you get in the car lol?  

It was interesting that Tammy said it was unsafe when she would sit on the floor of the vehicle.  I bet it was illegal too.  I wonder if they got pulled over for some other infraction if they would have been ticketed for that too.  Certainly a seat belt violation.  And they showed that clip where Michael slammed on the brakes and Tammy went face first into the seats.  Maybe the only legal way to transport someone her former size is by ambulance.  But she could fit in a wheelchair and people in wheelchairs travel so not sure why they didn’t do it that way.  Probably not as comfortable for her to sit in one for hours.

Yes people who use wheelchairs travel, but an equipped vehicle costs more money (if they don’t transfer out into the car seat), so I’m guessing it was cheaper and easier for them to just take seats out and have Tammy sit on the floor (as dangerous as it was). 

I thought Tammy looked really nice with the reddish hair and blue top. Great colors for her. I can see changes in her mood. 

On 12/13/2023 at 8:31 AM, Dibs said:

And then the meltdown and waterworks to detract from all the positive attention Tammy was getting (and has earned)...

I think this is likely. 

I don’t buy that Michael doesn’t do anything to care for the kids. He was always so helpful in caring for Tammy. I think Amy is overwhelmed  and rather than acknowledge her own limitations and figure out how to work through it, it’s Michael’s fault. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1

Michael seems to be the type where you have to specifically tell him what you would like done (in a nice way of course).  He will not think and do this on his own.  Amy is so concerned in having to take care of Tammy and here no one has told her she had too.  Looks like Tammy would just need to go get groceries and seems to be a lot more self-sufficient.  Hopefully Amy doesn't think throwing a bag of fast food at Tammy is considered help.  

• Like 3
On 12/14/2023 at 2:10 AM, MrBuhBye said:

Five siblings all have weight loss surgery. And it looked like Amanda’s sons are well on their way.  Does this family fry all three meals?

If I'm not mistaken, this would be Amanda's 2nd weight loss surgery......

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
20 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Yes it’s her second. She’s hoping to get a revision. 

What is she "revising"? I wonder if it's becoming a common thing with bariatric surgery patients. they get the surgery and continue to gain weight, then go back for more  surgery. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jst2Wld said:

What is she "revising"? I wonder if it's becoming a common thing with bariatric surgery patients. they get the surgery and continue to gain weight, then go back for more  surgery. 

A revision to the surgery. Likely she originally had the sleeve and they will revise it and give her a bypass. 

• Like 1
On 12/13/2023 at 5:33 PM, babyhouseman said:

I know.  That's the first thing Tammy hears going home...."where's my snacks, I want my snacks!"  I don't think Tam needs to be reminded of getting snacks right then  lol   it was weird to see her say that.

And Michael standing there like he's a statue with his eyes glazed over.   He's so checked out.   He could have been all,  'here honey,  let me help'.  He's just useless.

Edited by suev3333
Added stuff
  • Like 3

I read somewhere that Michael wants to stop filming, or at least stop filming with the kids, and Amy doesn't, so he probably DOES want to "be shown the door" off this show and out of that marriage.  If true, I side 100% with him.  It's another Jon Gosselin situation, and he ended up with a bad edit and non-disclosure clause from TLC, too.

Edited by Dibs
  • Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
55 minutes ago, Dibs said:

I read somewhere that Michael wants to stop filming, or at least stop filming with the kids, and Amy doesn't, so he probably DOES want to "be shown the door" off this show and out of that marriage.  If true, I side 100% with him.  It's another Jon Gosselin situation, and he ended up with a bad edit and non-disclosure clause from TLC, too.

I can believe that. Michael never seemed into the whole "social media/reality tv" crap. A very wise decision it will be if the kids are NOT part of this shit show.  Amy is all about the "fame" and TLC money. She is selfish, lazy and gross. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Dibs said:

Yeah I read that too.  Michael never really seemed comfortable discussing personal issues in front of the camera crew.  It always seemed to me he was going out of his way indulging his wife because she loves being a media personality.  

• Like 3

I'm amazed at how much progress Tammy has made since she went to the rehab, and progressed so much with her health.    The differences in the picture of Amy and Tammy on the sofa in the past, and the current picture were just stunning. 

Amanda's so-called joke about Amy's eyes was so mean.   

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1