Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: Who Needs Frenemies

• Start Topic

OMG if they would just get rid of Kyle and Natalya everything would be fine. Kyle is the worst kind of drama queen. Tumi is right, he's three years old. Lying on the floor crying like a baby because he's tired. First he stirs up chaos with Jess trying to get out of service then bitches the whole time he's doing housekeeping. Then when it's time to go back to service he's sick and crying on the floor. 

And does he actually have the colossal gall to bitch about Jess "talking shit about him behind his back" when that's his own stock in trade? That's literally all he ever does. Poor Jess, she looks like she's about 12 and Kyle actually had her apologizing to him after chewing her out for nothing. I can't believe Bravo lets him get away with this shit because they think he's funny or something. He's not funny, he's a lazy, shit-stirring asshole.

Then there's Natalya. I don't know when I've seen someone so needy and pathetic. Her obsession over this guy who sleeps with other women is astounding. I'd be embarrassed for her if she wasn't such a crazy bitch. She needs professional help.

I'm getting tired of Lara's arc as The Very Thirsty Lesbian too. She can convert any straight woman and get all the charter guests to make out with her. Although she very wisely stayed out of Kyle's idiotic rant about straight people and the LGBTQ+ community (so far). And did Kyle add a Y in there? What's the Y stand for? I hate how they keep adding letters. No wonder Max thought an S could be there too.

Why oh why couldn't Sandy have broken her wrist a little harder and be replaced? Haven't we seen enough of her after she replaced Captain Lee on BD last season? Bring on Captain Kerry, I believe he would have thrown Kyle and Natalya overboard by now.

• Like 8
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
7 hours ago, iMonrey said:

OMG if they would just get rid of Kyle

See, I don't understand why he was not taken to task after he decided to become a guest and hung out to party with that guy he liked, he just broke the rule of not getting involved with a charter guest especially in such a blatant way, he should have been fired that night.

He is a shit stirrer, drama queen, trouble maker and an average stew, he brings down morale, tries to get out of service because the guests are demanding and is more trouble than he is worth, I am 100% sure if he were not on the boat all would have been fine. Sandy used to call out crew for the smallest thing but ignores the flagrant crew members now. Suddenly the food is hot, the dockings are perfect, the laundry is in order, the interior is a well ordered machine?

Natalya needs professional help, she might attract narcissists but needs to know how to spot them and not get involved, I hope we see her next season as a stronger person but if not, I don't want to see her again. Luka was right to back off from her, she does have a lot of baggage, who needs to get caught up in that mess.

Tumi is okay but her pettiness is like a low level Kate Chastain, she insults her crew but does not berate them or punish them, she lets them have a meal break and schedules them accordingly and is fair about sharing the workload, I cannot believe I am defending her but if you take the other crap out of the equation she is a decent chief stew., there have been no complaints from guests or Sandy about the state of the interior.  What I did not understand was her very time consuming task of arranging those little paper pineapples on toothpicks in a glass.  

Frenchie seems to have gotten his act together.  

Chef is okay, him taking a shot with guests should have not happened but color me shocked when he didn't get a lecture from Sandy but instead she joked with him...what happened to the real Capt. Sandy?

• Like 9
  • Love 1

I don't understand why Tumi didn't just give Jack a shot of water instead of skipping him.  That would have kept the guests happy and Jack out of trouble.  

Kyle must have grown up using illness to get out of trouble/work - between his teeth, ankle and now "I'm soooooooo tired" (like the rest of the stews aren't exhausted) - makes my skin crawl.

• Like 8
  • Applause 8

As soon as Kyle did his "faint" I knew his brain was spinning for ways to make someone else the problem. He's canny enough to know by that point that he was being seen as the problem/villain so he had to turn the narrative. Suddenly he's the victim of all the drama. 

And by the next morning he'd figured out that he could make Natalia the true villain. Suddenly it was Natalia's fault. Jess is credulous enough to be convinced and Tumi is already inclined to blame Natalia in all things. 

Yes, Natalia had made a couple comments to Jess about Kyle's behavior to Jess, but it was in the spirit of "you should know" rather than making up things. Kyle admitted - when Natalia confronted him that morning about the passive aggressive dig at Jess in the group text - that that was what it was.  But later to Jess he's all innocence and convincing her that Natalia was making that up to stir things up.

Natalia isn't an innocent for sure, but Kyle was 98% responsible for everything that had happened during this charter and yet he's convinced Tumi and Jess to let him skate and put all the blame on Natalia.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
28 minutes ago, Pop Tart said:

Natalia isn't an innocent for sure, but Kyle was 98% responsible for everything that had happened during this charter and yet he's convinced Tumi and Jess to let him skate and put all the blame on Natalia.

I did think it interesting that on WWHL both Lara and Luka, two members of the deck team who didn't even work as closely with him,  Immediately pegged Vile Kyle as the biggest sh#t-stirrer on the boat 

• Like 12
5 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

See, I don't understand why he was not taken to task after he decided to become a guest and hung out to party with that guy he liked, he just broke the rule of not getting involved with a charter guest especially in such a blatant way, he should have been fired that night.

He is a shit stirrer, drama queen, trouble maker and an average stew, he brings down morale, tries to get out of service because the guests are demanding and is more trouble than he is worth, I am 100% sure if he were not on the boat all would have been fine. Sandy used to call out crew for the smallest thing but ignores the flagrant crew members now. Suddenly the food is hot, the dockings are perfect, the laundry is in order, the interior is a well ordered machine?

This is what Bravo wants above all.

No wonder they recast him immediately for this season.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

My son, the merchant mariner, was over last night.  He said if Sandy broke her wrist that she couldn't be working because she wouldn't be able to help during an emergency.  Maybe that's why she laughed off the things that were reported to her.

Kyle is the worst.

• Like 4
  • Useful 4

I got a kick out of Lara warming up to Max on the basis that "he reads books." It was a sex book!

Also - do these crew members ever eat anything besides ramen? I swear, that's all we ever see them eating when they are on the boat. Noodles noodles noodles. I get it's quick and probably the only thing they know how to make, but they're all drowning in sodium.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I got a kick out of Lara warming up to Max on the basis that "he reads books." It was a sex book!

Also - do these crew members ever eat anything besides ramen? I swear, that's all we ever see them eating when they are on the boat. Noodles noodles noodles. I get it's quick and probably the only thing they know how to make, but they're all drowning in sodium.

I posted a while ago about how they only eat out of bowls like Zen Buddhist monks, on all the boats, just things in bowls! Like they never get to use a knife and a fork, I thought the chef was supposed to cook crew meals.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

It's been said before that the chef is supposed to provide meals or the crew. Sandi is never going to discipline Kyle or fire him because that's just the way it is. He is her little bitch.  He should be embarrassed lying on the floor and crying like a child because he is a tired and doesn't like serving girls. He should be fired because of his attitude that he doesn't like a girls only charter. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
31 minutes ago, 65mickey said:

It's been said before that the chef is supposed to provide meals or the crew. Sandi is never going to discipline Kyle or fire him because that's just the way it is. He is her little bitch.  He should be embarrassed lying on the floor and crying like a child because he is a tired and doesn't like serving girls. He should be fired because of his attitude that he doesn't like a girls only charter. 

Also it's likely that Kyle is a casting decision from producers or Bravo.

Unless Kyle is a disaster for running the boat, Sandy may not have much say over casting.

If his job was critical for boat operation, she might have more sway but ultimately the decision of who appears on this TV show is made above her.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

Captain Lee had no say about the casting but he was allowed to fire them without getting the approval from production. Sandy might have the same set up but since it's Sandy and she's such a terrible judge of character I'm sure she'd keep him around regardless.

I'm split on the decision to bring Kyle back. On the one hand it's obvious that he's so unpleasant that they did it to get people to react and hate watch but on the other 51 Minds are so inept that I can see them thinking that we'd love him for his bitchy talking heads etc and he'd be embraced like Josiah and Fraser (to a lesser extent) were and they're surprised that nobody can stand him.

• Like 5

Sandy seems to have no problem firing stews. She has done it numerous times. She fired a chef. I imagine that production had a hand in firing the bosun this season. I remember Captain Lee saying that he has no say in hiring the staff but he could fire staff. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 11/14/2023 at 7:05 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

He is a shit stirrer, drama queen, trouble maker and an average stew, he brings down morale, tries to get out of service because the guests are demanding and is more trouble than he is worth,

The thing was, these ladies were very nice guests.  They were not demanding and seemed to really enjoy themselves.  Kyle did not want to do dinner service just because it was all women with no men for him to gawk at and flirt with.  I think this is one of the nicer groups to come on board.

Not only is Kyle good at stirring shit, he is even better at making it look like someone else started it.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 4

I think Sandy is morphing into Lee this season.

See no evil, know no evil. "I was unaware that was happening, no one brought it to my attention..."

Especially the interior, which Sandy normally picks on terribly. But also the chef...I don't think Jack is anything special other than a good cook...but his choices and plating leave me cold.

Not his artistic plating, or special french toast , or beef cheeks (lol). pizzas or beautiful fruit or charcuterie plates, etc.

Edited by maggiemae
  • Like 1
On 11/15/2023 at 9:20 PM, maggiemae said:

She really doesn't seem to be micromanaging the way she used to.

I suspect she is aware of the criticisms she has (rightly) gotten from viewers and is trying to improve her image. 

• Like 6
On 11/15/2023 at 10:20 PM, maggiemae said:

See no evil, know no evil. "I was unaware that was happening, no one brought it to my attention..."

Especially the interior, which Sandy normally picks on terribly. But also the chef...I don't think Jack is anything special other than a good cook...but his choices and plating leave me cold.

Not his artistic plating, or special french toast , or beef cheeks (lol). pizzas or beautiful fruit or charcuterie plates, etc.

I just watched season 7 and Dave, a big girl's pants when it came to love, was soooo good and his food was lovely. And he baked bread every single day! Jack is definitely nothing special.

On 11/20/2023 at 2:17 PM, politichick said:

Jack is definitely nothing special.

He lost me when he said something like not understanding how anyone could enjoy breakfast. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and I would be very disappointed as a primary if he were my chef. Five star service means creating and sometimes going over the top...and yes Jack, that includes an eleborate breakfast now and then. 

• Applause 1
On 11/14/2023 at 9:29 AM, meep.meep said:

My son, the merchant mariner, was over last night.  He said if Sandy broke her wrist that she couldn't be working because she wouldn't be able to help during an emergency.  Maybe that's why she laughed off the things that were reported to her.

Kyle is the worst.

That might prove the rumors that only a few of the captains actually captain the yacht.  The rumors have said that Lee and Sandy are mostly there for the show.

• Useful 1