Type keyword(s) to search

S45.E05: I Don't Want to Be the Worm LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Ouch, Drew was hella harsh with Brando there. That's such bad gameplay, Drew. I get the worry but the way he basically laughed in Brando's face? Like, goddamn, I still hate Drew. There's being honest and being mean. That was bordering on mean.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I'm surprised Drew wouldn't be better at going along with this for the sake of the game.  For someone that thinks he's so good at the game, not a very smart move.

Emily, I don't think Austin/Drew care to take you far with them, either.  I'd trust Kendra/Brando before those two.

• Like 3
Just now, LadyChatts said:

I'm surprised Drew wouldn't be better at going along with this for the sake of the game.  For someone that thinks he's so good at the game, not a very smart move.

How I see Drew is that he thinks very highly of himself, so he thinks that he doesn't need to fake nice as he has the numbers, anyway. The powers him and Austin have is going to get to his head, if it hasn't already.

Oh, and here we go, back to anti-Bruce talk from Katurah.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

How I see Drew is that he thinks very highly of himself, so he thinks that he doesn't need to fake nice as he has the numbers, anyway. The powers him and Austin have is going to get to his head, if it hasn't already.

I would just think that he'd be better thinking ahead to jury management.  I mean maybe he doesn't see it like that this early, but assuming he did make it to the final 3, having this attitude isn't going to get him far.  I think he's also overestimating that being a nerd-type may make him seem like the brains of the operation with Austin, but it doesn't mean people will see it that way.

• Like 2
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

I will say, it's good that we're FINALLY starting to see what Katurah is talking about. We got glimpses but we're getting more of Bruce being bossy and why Katurah is so bothered by him.

I really, really like Kaleb.

I'm actually really impressed with Kaleb's gameplay and managing relationships.  I can see why Sabiyah was worried about going the distance with him (even if did so prematurely).

• Like 1
Just now, dizzyd said:

Wow, this is really long in camp dynamics before challenge. Not complaining, just an observation.

You are nicer than I am – I am complaining. This is too much chatter, not enough action to me. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, iMonrey said:

Hmm. Maybe we don't need 90 minute episodes. So far this feels like an awful lot of filler.

I don't mind it, actually. I always felt like we often got one tribe completely invisible pre-merge. It's really nice that we are getting more of everyone so early instead of waiting until merge and then seeing people like Kellie or Jake suddenly pop up and we go "who is THIS?"

Also, the alternative is advantages and twists galore, so I'm ok with the chatter.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
Just now, dizzyd said:

Wow, this is really long in camp dynamics before challenge. Not complaining, just an observation.

Work in progress (with 90 minute material).  Though just wishful thinking, but a better balance would be okay.  However, not sure I'd want to see a 40 minute IC or RC TBH

• Like 2
Just now, Pepper the Cat said:

Less talk. More challenges.

As someone who gets bored by the same type of challenges every episode, I actually don't mind more talk. We're getting more insight into these players, where they stand and what their plans are going forward.

But yeah, I would like to get to a challenge after this commercial break. 40 minutes of talking IS enough, I think.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

In regards to the 90-minute episodes, I'm actually enjoying them and getting to see more of the tribe dynamics and camp life.  I remember back to S41 when we barely saw anything of the Blue tribe until the merge (that had the eventual winner on there, who we also didn't see until almost the end).  Since they likely didn't know when filming these were going to be 90 minutes, I wonder if they would have added a separate RC or something to fill up the time.

• Like 5
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

I don't mind it, actually. I always felt like we often got one tribe completely invisible pre-merge. It's really nice that we are getting more of everyone so early instead of waiting until merge and then seeing people like Kellie or Jake suddenly pop up and we go "who is THIS?"

I agree in theory, as I am more interested in the tribal dynamics than the tedious challenges. But this episode in particular, so far, feels like a lot of unnecessary filler.

• Like 1
Just now, MerBearHou said:

I do prefer 90 minutes of survivor and amazing race. But I agree, it’s a work in progress to find the balance, and this one feels way out of balance.

Yeah, I think this one is particular rough because there's been a lot of either backstories or the same old type of segments (anti Bruce). But there have been SOME game talk (J Maya wanting to be the decoy, Katurah being in danger). I think we just need a bit more game talk.

The challenges to me in recent years have been boring rinse and repeat of the same thing so unless they change, I usually tune them out and just see who wins. Survivor is mostly social so it’s good to see tribe dynamics and get to know the cast better and the chaotic reason for the votes before they’re eliminated.

That being said this challenge looks good.

• Like 6
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

Someone on Belo: Stay calm, Drew!

Drew: I will do!

It sounded like he was annoyed someone dared to doubt that he wasn't calm.

I liked that he was the reason Belo was behind.  Not that I think it'll matter, but I wish by some miracle he'd go tonight.

• Like 3

So we had an entire segment devoted to whether Julie, J and Dee should vote out Sifu or whether they should vote out J. And none of it was relevant based on who won. That's the sort of waste of time I meant when I said there was too much filler.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

Could be worse! It could be Mr. "I laugh at the thought of someone asking me for an alliance!" Drew.

I wonder if players aren’t allowed to choose someone who has already been on a journey. I think Drew went on one in the second episode.

• Useful 1