Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E01: Dearly Beloved

• Start Topic

Ashley's witchy spells can't stop her own panic attack about Manuel's arrival. Nikki demands sexual chemistry with Justin. LA Rob and posh Sophie come from different worlds. Jasmine gets a secret butt lift as Gino quits his job.

First Look: 10/6/23

Full Episode 10/8/23

• Like 1

3...2...1 And it's the first Jasmine meltdown of the season.

Guess TLC doesn't get it that it would be more interesting to see Gino and Jasmine getting along while navigating her new life in the US rather seeing the same ole same ole.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Like 10
  • Applause 3
21 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Ashley's witchy spells can't stop her own panic attack about Manuel's arrival. Nikki demands sexual chemistry with Justin. LA Rob and posh Sophie come from different worlds. Jasmine gets a secret butt lift as Gino quits his job.

First Look: 10/6/23

Full Episode 10/8/23

"Nikki demands sexual chemistry with Justin" Got to love that statement, I have about as much chance of getting a lottery win just by demanding it.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, Shrek said:

"Nikki demands sexual chemistry with Justin" Got to love that statement, I have about as much chance of getting a lottery win just by demanding it.

I wonder if she suspects he is reluctant because she is trans when it is much more likely that it’s the botched plastic surgery and age difference.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
On 10/7/2023 at 5:24 PM, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

I know he didn't just say his mom lives in his closet. 

I'd like to say it's interesting that they're showing actual working poor people finally, but David and Gabe were living pretty hand to mouth also.

On 10/7/2023 at 10:43 PM, MrBuhBye said:

I wonder if she suspects he is reluctant because she is trans when it is much more likely that it’s the botched plastic surgery and age difference.

Mrs. Anon and I didn't even read her as trans until she mentioned it.  The freakish plastic surgery was the immediate reaction.  Also, the glaringly pink Barbie persona, but those both seem to make more sense in light of her being MTF.  What's Jasmine's reason?

• Like 8
3 hours ago, anoninrva said:

I'd like to say it's interesting that they're showing actual working poor people finally, but David and Gabe were living pretty hand to mouth also.

Mrs. Anon and I didn't even read her as trans until she mentioned it.  The freakish plastic surgery was the immediate reaction.  Also, the glaringly pink Barbie persona, but those both seem to make more sense in light of her being MTF.  What's Jasmine's reason?

Me ether -the xtreme PS is just horrible.

• Like 6

Good show good season. 

we have a trans woman this season nice. Completely different from Cleo. Nikki is very in your face and will not put up with bullshit. 

Sophia Sophia I Love me some Sophia. She gorgeous. I had no idea she was black. I thought she was a white girl. 

Like I feel a certain way about it. Like was she whitening her face. Being black like it’s kind of odd to me. Seeing those old pictures. I can definitely see her blackness. She kind of looked like Megan Markle. 

Her homegirl look real cool. 

The whole I come from money thing okay. Odd. Usually people with money don’t like to reveal they have money. 

Robb dude you gotta get the fuck outa that place if you putting mouse traps down. 

Sophias mom was being snobby. Rob the knob. 

Nikki she got a big butt money we’ll spent. Glad we got a hairstylist on this season. 

those lips. Honest assesment of Nikki she looked way better in her old pictures before her plastic surgery. 

I’m from L.A. I live in L.A. so it’s cool seeing my city. 

• Like 3

I had no idea Nikki was trans either none. 

On 10/7/2023 at 3:02 PM, MrBuhBye said:

I think we got a fleeting glimpse lol.

That will be a disaster. 

On 10/6/2023 at 10:55 PM, JeanJean said:

3...2...1 And it's the first Jasmine meltdown of the season.

Guess TLC doesn't get it that it would be more interesting to see Gino and Jasmine getting along while navigating her new life in the US rather seeing the same ole same ole.

That shits starting to look staged now. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Fable said:

i thought Sophie looked a bit looked like Emilia Clark (Dani from Game of Thrones) with greasy skin and dirty hair.  

I thought the same, but it was more along the lines of "She wishes she looked like Emilia Clark". And in a few years? She'll look like Edina Monsoon.

I still think she's a sugar baby, or has been one. And for all she tries to be posh, she's not. Her mother's accent gave her away. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 3

I'd forgotten how young Jasmine's children are. 

I also don't believe: that she's 36 (or whatever age she's claiming), she's well past 40, or that that young woman is her sister rather than her daughter.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Quof said:

I'd forgotten how young Jasmine's children are. 

I also don't believe: that she's 36 (or whatever age she's claiming), she's well past 40, or that that young woman is her sister rather than her daughter.

That is her sister.  Kind of a "what would Jasmine look like without plastic surgery" (rather fetching) reference..

• Like 3

Let me get this straight. People take advice from NICOLE about plastic surgery? What's the advice -- do all of it? Go to Dr. Nick Riviera?

8 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

I thought the same, but it was more along the lines of "She wishes she looked like Emilia Clark".

Yes, and also Wal-mart brand Juno Temple.

• Like 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

I don’t believe for one minute that Jasmine has had or ever will have ANY intention of bringing her children to the US. It’s clear that she spends any extra money she has on herself ( she doesn’t even look like the same woman she was before TLC.)   How often do she& her son even interact - he was treating her like a distant relative, not his mother. The responses he gave were so rehearsed - didn’t sound like any child I’ve ever met.  Hope his Dad is better than his Mom because he seemed like a sweetheart.

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
30 minutes ago, Caseysgirl said:

I don’t believe for one minute that Jasmine has had or ever will have ANY intention of bringing her children to the US. It’s clear that she spends any extra money she has on herself ( she doesn’t even look like the same woman she was before TLC.)   How often do she& her son even interact - he was treating her like a distant relative, not his mother. The responses he gave were so rehearsed - didn’t sound like any child I’ve ever met.  Hope his Dad is better than his Mom because he seemed like a sweetheart.

I don't pretend to know anything about Panamanian custodial law, but wouldn't the children's father have some say in this, especially if he and Jasmine have some kind of Joint Custody arrangement?

Meanwhile, the problem with Nikki is not that she's trans. The problem is that she's taken the Darcey/Stacey route of surgically altering her face until she barely looks human. The pictures of her from 15 years ago show a normal-looking woman. Now? Not so much.

Sophie's mom likes to say "Rob the Knob." I was totally waiting for her to call him a "wanker."

I can't even deal with Witch Lady. I have a friend into this Tarot garbage too, and she will literally post stuff on Facebook like "What does it mean if one of my Tarot cards falls out of the deck while I'm shuffling it?" and her nuttier friends will respond with some hidden meaning the universe is trying to convey. No, it just means you're a sloppy shuffler. Not everything has deep significance. /rant

• Like 15
  • Applause 2
28 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Oh yeah I saw that on the first look Friday and forgot it already.  Maybe her parents had British accents and she picked it up from them.

Maybe boarding school? Or an international school where she learned English from UK teachers?

• Like 3

Meanwhile, the problem with Nikki is not that she's trans. The problem is that she's taken the Darcey/Stacey route of surgically altering her face until she barely looks human. The pictures of her from 15 years ago show a normal-looking woman. Now? Not so much.

Her eyes are especially weird. Does she wear contacts or has she had her eyes surgically altered too? 

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

Her eyes are especially weird. Does she wear contacts or has she had her eyes surgically altered too? 

She mentioned "eye color change" in her litany of surgeries.  I don't even want to know how that happens.  What's wrong with contacts?

• Like 3

The only thing I can say in Nicole's favor is that Igor (that's his name!!) is super handsome. He obviously does not need a terrifying skeleton person, and is in this for the paycheck. Nicole being trans is the least troubling thing about her. The plastic surgery addicts have recorded their mental illness all over their faces.

• Like 8
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

He looks better now than 15 years ago and she quite the reverse.

I do think Igor is handsome. He has a “baby face” which in his early 20s he probably hated, but in his late 30s is serving him well. 

Does anyone else think Sophie’s current hairstyle is doing nothing for her? 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
On 10/7/2023 at 2:24 PM, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

I know he didn't just say his mom lives in his closet. 

I did watch but clearly was not paying close attn.  WHO lives in a closet??

On 10/9/2023 at 12:54 AM, Craigcodybazhate said:

Good show good season. 

we have a trans woman this season nice. Completely different from Cleo. Nikki is very in your face and will not put up with bullshit. 

Sophia Sophia I Love me some Sophia. She gorgeous. I had no idea she was black. I thought she was a white girl. 

Like I feel a certain way about it. Like was she whitening her face. Being black like it’s kind of odd to me. Seeing those old pictures. I can definitely see her blackness. She kind of looked like Megan Markle. 

Her homegirl look real cool. 

The whole I come from money thing okay. Odd. Usually people with money don’t like to reveal they have money. 

Robb dude you gotta get the fuck outa that place if you putting mouse traps down. 

Sophias mom was being snobby. Rob the knob. 

Nikki she got a big butt money we’ll spent. Glad we got a hairstylist on this season. 

those lips. Honest assesment of Nikki she looked way better in her old pictures before her plastic surgery. 

I’m from L.A. I live in L.A. so it’s cool seeing my city. 

Thought they were for roaches

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:
On 10/7/2023 at 4:24 PM, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

I did watch but clearly was not paying close attn.  WHO lives in a closet??

The guy lives in a one bedroom and has multiple pets and his mom lives in the closet.  Literal closet not hiding sexuality lol.  I don’t know why one of them can’t sleep in the living room on a couch, a hide-away bed, or a daybed.  Maybe she wants her privacy.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

The guy lives in a one bedroom

It's an L-shaped studio. So using the closet for privacy is actually rational. Not as rational as getting a second job or moving to a less expensive city, but rational.

15 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Does anyone else think Sophie’s current hairstyle is doing nothing for her? 

You don't think 3 feet of straw-like extensions look good on an olive-skinned woman?

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Sophie’s whitening her skin. I think it has something to do with her being bullied. Appreciate your blackness like your blackness I saw those old pictures. Like what are you doing to yourself. This new blonde look. Come on be happy with who you are. 

So I see the self identity issues. Lots of racism in England. 

I have East London roots. That’s unfortunate. When you see what Megan Markle went through over there. You kind of get it. 

On 10/9/2023 at 3:01 PM, Caseysgirl said:

They looked like they were very uncomfortable. He looked like he was talking to his maid. 

a lot of women would not want to be leaving thier kids. He’s young to. He needs his mom. 

• Like 2

All I can see when I watch this season is really bad plastic surgery/cosmetic procedures. Nikki is the most extreme, but most of the other women as well 😬 

Edited by Emcber
  • Useful 1
On 10/9/2023 at 5:30 PM, Caseysgirl said:

Also on the subject of Jasmine, she’ll bring her dog with her but leave her kids behind?  I wish they would be through with Jasmine & Gino - I’m sick of their schtick.

Bringing the kids would require their fathers/primary caregivers to agree and support this process. Also the kids likely have a life and a social network in Panama that may be the best place for them. I won’t knock her for bringing her dog who doesn’t require a visa, nor another adult’s permission, or a bunch of social and emotional needs to consider. 

You can make the argument that she shouldn’t leave the country her kids reside even if she’s not their primary caregiver, but that doesn’t mean bringing her dog was a poor choice IMO.

• Like 1