Type keyword(s) to search

S32.E02: Latin Night

• Start Topic

There's a lot of orange-red going on tonight. Julianne's sleeves appear to be a slightly different shade from the rest of the dress and it's bugging me.

Just now, Annber03 said:

Hey, Barry's a fellow Libra, cool! My mom said while watching him, "Maybe he needs to put on his Johnny Bravo outfit." :p. 

His birthday's the day before mine!

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

My understanding of the Samba (per this show) is that it is defined by a distinct "bounce" - an up and down movement throughout. I saw none of that in Lele and Brandon's Samba. But sometimes the judges point it out and sometimes they don't. I did think their Samba roll was good but otherwise I saw little to distinguish it from Salsa.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

There's a lot of orange-red going on tonight. Julianne's sleeves appear to be a slightly different shade from the rest of the dress and it's bugging me.

His birthday's the day before mine!

Happy belated birthday! You and I are both October babies, then - my birthday's this coming Friday :D. 

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
9 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

Happy belated birthday! You and I are both October babies, then - my birthday's this coming Friday :D. 

Thanks! Happy almost-birthday to you! October is a busy birthday month...coming up we've got my cousin's daughter tomorrow, another cousin's daughter on the 7th, my mom on the 14th, one of my college friends on the 23rd, and my godson and a family friend on the 25th. (I'm only expected to buy gifts for two of those, though, thank goodness.) 🎈🎂

OMG, I can't with Bruno's see-through shirt.

• Like 1

Lele and Xoci are my favorites so far tonight. I intentionally skipped AP especially when the intro had his family and newborn. Mark Ballas’s hair is the longest I’ve ever seen it.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
7 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

Thanks! Happy almost-birthday to you! October is a busy birthday month...coming up we've got my cousin's daughter tomorrow, another cousin's daughter on the 7th, my mom on the 14th, one of my college friends on the 23rd, and my godson and a family friend on the 25th. (I'm only expected to buy gifts for two of those, though, thank goodness.) 🎈🎂

OMG, I can't with Bruno's see-through shirt.

You're welcome, and dang, you are going to be occupied, for sure! That's great, though, hope everyone has a lovely birthday month, then! And thanks to you in turn as well :). 

Holy crap, Xochitl! That was good. I like her. 

• Like 2

That was some pretty good choreo by Emma, too bad it was wasted in Mauricio. He can leave this week. 
I can’t give the band any applause, sorry Alfonso, not after they butchered “Roxanne” last week. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
24 minutes ago, Annber03 said:

You're welcome, and dang, you are going to be occupied, for sure! That's great, though, hope everyone has a lovely birthday month, then! And thanks to you in turn as well :). 

Holy crap, Xochitl! That was good. I like her. 

Not really. Most of them live far away. I'll see my mom and godson, though.

I'd never even heard of Xochitl but she's adorable.

• Like 3

Wishing Artem a speedy recovery. Kudos to Ezra for stepping in at the last minute like that. 

Charity is so beautiful, wow. 

I'm sorry, though, I will never be able to hear "She Bangs" without thinking of William Hung :D. 

EDIT: Hey, similar minds, @dizzyd XD!

Edited by Annber03
  • Like 2
  • LOL 7
Just now, Stats Queen said:

Kyle and Mauricio are apparently separated- but a lot of timely drama to promote both their profiles..

Thanks.  Was just curious since she was there with their daughter on last week’s show.  

• Useful 1

I can’t help it — I like Harry.  He just seems like a sweet kid who wants so badly to do well.  He’s so dang tall and with Ryley being so tiny — that will always be a factor for the “look” of their partnership.  

Edited by MerBearHou
  • Like 4

When Harry was picking Rylee up and she was moving her legs about his head, I kept worrying that she was going to accidentally kick him in the face at some point :p. I'm honestly amazed that doesn't happen more often in general :p. 

But yeah, it is nice to see him and a few of the other contestants improving a little this week. 

1 minute ago, MerBearHou said:

He’s so dang tall 

Hahaha, I didn't really notice that until I saw him standing next to Alfonso and I was like, "...uh, wow." :p. 

• Like 3

How much longer do I have to wait for jason? If the band butchers Shake senora I’ll be 😡 That sucked in song and dance. Of course they butchered it. 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Like 2
  • LOL 1
Just now, Annber03 said:

....okay, uh, wow. That was sexy. Damn. 

I genuinely did not expect Jason Mraz to be one of the strongest dancers this season, but dude is killing it thus far. 

1000% agree — who knew?!?!

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, nickp1991 said:

No clue how Mauricio wasn’t in the bottom after his performance tonight 

I think it may be “not necessarily the bottom two” that kept Mauricio off the final 2 stage there. 

• Like 1

So, what a night. A lot of ups and downs in the dances, for sure. A bit underwhelming for many of the celebs, but a lot of improvement, overall.

I loved the bottom two, but I think I would have wanted Jamie Lynn one more week. But I'm not upset by her elimination.

1. Lele and Brandon - It was fine, it was safe choreography from Brandon (what else is new) and I thought it was also a slower Samba than it should have been. Mostly disappointing, especially since Lele was making little mistakes that Brandon could have corrected as a better teacher. He needed to go all out and although this was a bit better from Brandon, he needs to add WAY more spice. Alas, I am now hoping this is his last season as a pro. He's showing that he's just incapable of taking the risks he needs to take, and that's unfair to his partners.
  2. Tyson and Jenna - Ah, yes, let Tyson stand and lift and flip Jenna in hopes nobody can see his shoddy footwork. Did he improve? Yes, I do think he was less stiff than week one. But Jenna, once again, choreographs a dance to showcase HER skills and massively hides her partner's issues. His score didn't reflect his dancing. He should have gotten 5s, genuinely. But it looks like you get higher scores if you are a tall male who can flip his partner around.
  3. Barry and Peta - He did great with what he was given. I do take into account that he's 69; he's not going to be able to do the fast dances in the way the younger celebs can, and I think Peta catered to Barry extremely well. And he could move and do the steps he was given correctly. So why the hell was he scored so low? Just because he can't flip Peta around, it doesn't mean he's weak. I mean, the man just lifted his leg over Peta, for crying out loud. He's gonna be underscored and go way earlier than he deserves if they keep scoring him low. He's the second biggest dark horse this season; he deserves to get far if Peta keeps giving him this type of choreography.
  4. Adrian and Britt - She was fine. Production needs to stop giving him the Family Story angle. People aren't into his redemption arc, production. Stop it. I just can't judge him, it's too hard to.
  5. Mira and Gleb - She's delivering some surprising movements. She could get really far if Gleb pushes her in not just the choreography, but his teachings. She has a lot of talent and a lot of potential, as tonight's dance was great, but she felt too reserved during it, like she's unsure. Gleb needs to be cheering this woman on throughout the week. She needs to know that she's got something special and they can really get through a few more weeks.
  6. Xochitl and Val - Amazing dance tonight. Val gave her impressive choreography and she delivered every step of the way. This is what I wanted to see from her last week. I'm glad he pushed her more with this dance, and she looked like she was having a blast. There's not much more to say about that, because she had a better second week.
  7. Ariana and Pasha - It was solid, but it was weird choreography. I'm putting blame on Pasha here, because Ariana can clearly deliver, but she was working with some weird movements at times. I agree with her slip in scores, unfortunately. Bad night for Pasha, in particular.
  8. Mauricio and Emma - I feel so bad for him. He slipped up and that definitely threw him off the rest of the dance, but I also don't think he delivered in general. The first 10-15 seconds were great, when he was mostly standing around and lifting Emma. But once he had to move, yikes. He just was off for most of the dance. But I am glad he survived the week, so he doesn't have to go on that low note.

The rest of the pairs will be in another post.

• Like 2