Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E01: Vows, Vendettas and Vibrators

Pop Tart
  • Start Topic

7 minutes ago, CallmeCray said:

As soon as I realized this asshole was gonna be on this season, I knew it would be a no-go for me, but I was shocked by how Madison-centric this was.   

Bravo continues to be more out of touch with what their viewers enjoyed about these shows.   The new Assholepalooza approach just doesn’t cut it.  

They have to replace the Kathryn role.

Big shoes to fill.

• LOL 1
8 hours ago, chick binewski said:

spelled out 'butt stuff'

But whose butt was getting the attention?

7 hours ago, slowpoked said:

Is it any coincidence her parents have "moved" to Houston, now that she's settled her role firmly in the show?

Wonder if her dad throws dog poop in the creek in Houston too.

• LOL 2

What a mish/mosh of a show.  I want to know much more of Madison’s new husband.  Will they be on all the time?   I miss Katherine, Cameron and Patricia.  Shep is a mess.  Taylor went off the rails.  I loved this show, but it’s looks weird now.  Will Madison and husband live in Charleston now and be part of the show?  

What’s the matter with Madison’s bottom lip?  One side bigger than the other.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
7 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Wonder if her dad throws dog poop in the creek in Houston too.

That was disgusting.  A grown woman has to call her dad to ask her how to dispose of pet waste, and actually thinks throwing it over the fence is the right thing to do.  I lost all respect for her in that moment.

Madison's weird shaped dress threw me.  

Why host a party in a remote house, far away, for like 10 people?  That was the lamest party ever.

Her husband is a firefighter?  Do they not have fires in Charleston?  Maybe he's already wisened up and realizes that his best chance at marital success to this witch is on the other coast.

Naomi/Paige.....boy does Craig have a type.  Paige's new haircut does her no favors.  Nor does her personality.  Yeeeck.

• Like 9
  • LOL 3
On 9/14/2023 at 10:36 PM, bosawks said:

These people are aggressively unpleasant.

Yes they are.  You have men in their late thirties and one about 45.  Still behaving like Frat boys, drinking to oblivion and screwing everything in sight.  Still don’t know anything about the Fireman.  Madison has been around, including A-rod.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
23 hours ago, Kiki620 said:

And can we take a minute and really focus on this???  Austen comes from a well-to-do family, but he's not T-Rav, Whitney or Shep wealthy.  He has no real career (please, let's laugh at Trop-Hop), doesn't seem particularly intelligent or super educated, we haven't been shown any talents, isn't a gifted athlete, doesn't have any hobbies/special interests, isn't a super nice person,  average looking, not a great dresser.....what else??? Basically, I'm trying to uncover one area that you could give the dude credit for standing out and where ladies may be drawn to him or he may have something above and beyond to offer.  I think the most anyone has ever come up with is that he is....TALL??!!  Well, and for right now, he's on T.V.  At some point, he's going to have to do better.   

He is on tv. That's all he has. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I think the show has run its course. When the show started a lot of the cast were fairly young, except for Thomas and Whitney. Shep was like in his early thirties. Kathryn was only 21! Most of the other were still in their twenties.

Now these guys just look pathetic. Shep is now 43. Austin looks like he's on his way to be another Shep. He's pushing 40 himself.

BTW, I don't know if it's been posted here but Chelsea is having a baby, due this month. Don't now who the father is.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
39 minutes ago, bosawks said:

Craig saying, “ I’m the last one anyone is saying hello to.”, is the most Craig thing ever.

And at Madison’s age to have never used a dildo might explain her general unpleasantness….

Assuming she is telling the truth.

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
2 hours ago, bosawks said:

And at Madison’s age to have never used a dildo might explain her general unpleasantness….

Last season she said the fiancé made her throw one out as part of his "no sex before marriage" edict.

I think Madison's RH counterpart would be Meghan King Edmonds - both say a bunch of things that aren't true, then pick fights about things they don't actually care about in order to get some kind of on-camera one-upmanship.

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
23 hours ago, CallmeCray said:

As soon as I realized this asshole was gonna be on this season, I knew it would be a no-go for me, but I was shocked by how Madison-centric this was.

I remember a little blurb from Patricia, where she said she’s been trying to get Madison in the show for a long time, that she’s invited her to all her parties that are filmed, so that Madison will get the exposure and get noticed and be on the show.

I guess Madison got tired of being a background and decided to fuck a castmember instead, which is a much faster way to get into the show, and not just as a background, but a starring role at that.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
8 hours ago, ZettaK said:

And can we take a minute and really focus on this???  Austen comes from a well-to-do family, but he's not T-Rav, Whitney or Shep wealthy.  He has no real career (please, let's laugh at Trop-Hop), doesn't seem particularly intelligent or super educated, we haven't been shown any talents, isn't a gifted athlete, doesn't have any hobbies/special interests, isn't a super nice person,  average looking, not a great dresser.....what else??? Basically, I'm trying to uncover one area that you could give the dude credit for standing out and where ladies may be drawn to him or he may have something above and beyond to offer.  I think the most anyone has ever come up with is that he is....TALL??!!  Well, and for right now, he's on T.V.  At some point, he's going to have to do better.   

Well, maybe it’s that dumb scarf he’s always wearing around his neck that makes him look important.

• LOL 5

I guess production asked Paige to sweeten up because now she’s upset she doesn’t have any friends after several years of acting like she couldn’t care. Maybe Craig should be talking to the girls.

Taylor is so embarrassing to watch. She’s beating a dead horse that was like that to begin with. Shep is gonna shep, even on you.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
On 9/15/2023 at 11:02 AM, chlban said:

They must have. It completely jumped the shark last season  with the Dog Wedding. It that's all you've got for an episode, it's time to call it a day. And this is from someone with 3 dogs I love like my children, and many other fur babies waiting in Heaven. Some friends and I even have a Christmas get together where not only exchange our gifts, all the dogs get gifts and play together. Meanwhile we each Chili and hang out visiting. B

I'd like to hang out with you and your friends at the holidays, C.

Sounds lovely. People that adore dogs ....

• Like 2
  • Love 2

What ever happened to the guy who was on for one season and went by his last name?  Madison tried to hit on him, and so did someone else, but I forget who.  Had two sons who lived on the opposite coast with their mom most of the time.  He seemed normal.

• Like 4
14 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Why did they come back to Charleston for a party?

Because she was being paid to as part of the show. 

She has a house in Charleston. Her son's father lives there. I think her mom and sister are close by, too. I don't see her living permanently in CA. 

Sort of a Craig/Paige situation. She will never move out of NY because all of her family live there and she is very close to her parents. She's 30 yrs old and started crying when she was explaining to Craig she never wanted to be that far from mommy. As if a plane ride from Charleston to NY is so far away. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
24 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Because she was being paid to as part of the show. 

She has a house in Charleston. Her son's father lives there. I think her mom and sister are close by, too. I don't see her living permanently in CA. 

Sort of a Craig/Paige situation. She will never move out of NY because all of her family live there and she is very close to her parents. She's 30 yrs old and started crying when she was explaining to Craig she never wanted to be that far from mommy. As if a plane ride from Charleston to NY is so far away. 

Ok then, thanks.  I didn’t know all that.  I read something about Utah and her new husband living there.  Should be interesting.  I’m sure his job is very important to him.  We’ll see.

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, aghst said:

Paige is on her own show right?

I would think there are more TV opportunities in NY than in SC.

That show won't last forever. I give it one or two more seasons.  I think her main source of income is as a fashion influencer. She can do that anywhere. 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

That show won't last forever. I give it one or two more seasons.  I think her main source of income is as a fashion influencer. She can do that anywhere. 

Unsure which is the more lucrative but Paige also has Summer House (filmed in NY & the Hamptons) and the Giggly Squad podcast, which is successful enough to have tour dates.

Craig has the Sewing Down South brick & mortar location in Charleston and is a partner in a local law firm. He's also an investor in a NYC eatery.

No idea why they can't maintain both a house in Charleston and an apartment in NYC. I think the trumped up drama about it is concocted for the show(s). From social media, they are together more often than they're apart. It's an easy, short two hour flight.

Interesting backstory of Patricia's efforts to get Madison on the show. She thankfully didn't try to make her be Whitney's beard. Only Naomi was desperate enough to go for that, then abruptly quit after being sued by her former business partner. Didn't want to air out her real life. 

Edited by snarts
  • Like 3
  • Useful 3
1 minute ago, snarts said:

Only Naomi was desperate enough to go for that, then abruptly quit after being sued by her former business partner. Didn't want to air out her real life. 

Hadn't heard that.

Forgot how last season ended, whether they were still trying to maintain that charade of Whitney and Naomi.

This show just ghosts previous cast members, no official explanation of main cast members disappearing, like Ravanel, Jenna, Cameran, Chelsea, Landon, Kathryn, Danni, Pringle.

Not sure how ratings have been trending over the seasons but they could drop Shep and Craig and it might not make that much of a difference because I don't think the ratings were as high as BD or VPR or the RHW shows.

• Like 2
On 9/15/2023 at 12:28 AM, ZettaK said:

After she made a fool of herself at the reunion. She cannot help herself...

Her family or someone should have stepped in and removed her from this show completely. I cannot stand Shep at all and he treated her terribly and after the reunion and this new episode I felt bad for him, not her. Damn girl let it go FFS! 

• Like 9
On 9/15/2023 at 3:56 PM, aghst said:

They said he was a firefighter in CA?

I had read recently that some firefighters in CA can make $250-300k with easy OT, like logging a lot of OT to do paperwork.

I don't know if it's the case with Madison's husband though, if he works 3 days and is off 8 days.

Does he get paid for 72 hours then, in a 11-day period?  Or maybe 144 hours in a 14-day period.

Could be lucrative that way.

That might explain how they afforded a 1-month international vacation to those locales.  Singapore isn't cheap.

Didn't they say last season or the season before, her fiancee was Mormon and his family didn't want them to have sex?  They were ribbing her for that, I seem to recall.

She said he’s a fire captain in CA. Their schedules are typically 3-4 days on, then however many off. It balances out monthly. They don’t come and go daily 9-5. Similar to law enforcement. So he works in CA for 3 days and wouldn’t be home anyways even if she lived there, and then is off for a week so I guess he flies to SC. I could see that working with them living closer, but that’s a long flight to be doing a few times a month. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
6 hours ago, snarts said:

Interesting backstory of Patricia's efforts to get Madison on the show. She thankfully didn't try to make her be Whitney's beard. Only Naomi was desperate enough to go for that, then abruptly quit after being sued by her former business partner. Didn't want to air out her real life. 

Just so I’m not spreading rumors, straight from the source herself:

That’s when Patricia chimed in to say that’s “not true.” She claimed, “I tried for years to get her on. She was at many #southerncharm events invited by me.” There could be something to that. Patricia’s son Whitney Sudler-Smith created Southern Charm and he’s a producer, so, perhaps, Patricia does have some major pull in regard to casting.

“and ultimately on the show because of whom,” Austen asked in response to Patricia’s claims. That’s when Patricia said Madison joined “because I convinced her.”

https://www.realitytea.com/2020/11/10/southern-charm-madison-used-austen/?amp

Eh, I’m pretty sure Madison didn’t need a lot of convincing to join the show.

EDIT: This is the IG post that the article was referring to:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHYU8RnJYPm/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Edited by slowpoked
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
21 hours ago, kristen111 said:

Ok then, thanks.  I didn’t know all that.  I read something about Utah and her new husband living there.  Should be interesting.  I’m sure his job is very important to him.  We’ll see.

Madison changed her story line a few times. It seems she also claimed he had a different profession in the past. 

45 minutes ago, AEJ79 said:

Leva is so beautiful but that dress did her no favors. She was obviously uncomfortable wearing it and kept tugging at it. She should have kept her fur coat on, lol!

She wore that fur coat (although other women were wearing only light coats, or no coats) to show it off.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
13 hours ago, slowpoked said:

Just so I’m not spreading rumors, straight from the source herself:

That’s when Patricia chimed in to say that’s “not true.” She claimed, “I tried for years to get her on. She was at many #southerncharm events invited by me.” There could be something to that. Patricia’s son Whitney Sudler-Smith created Southern Charm and he’s a producer, so, perhaps, Patricia does have some major pull in regard to casting.

“and ultimately on the show because of whom,” Austen asked in response to Patricia’s claims. That’s when Patricia said Madison joined “because I convinced her.”

https://www.realitytea.com/2020/11/10/southern-charm-madison-used-austen/?amp

Eh, I’m pretty sure Madison didn’t need a lot of convincing to join the show.

EDIT: This is the IG post that the article was referring to:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CHYU8RnJYPm/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

So, Patricia invited Madison to filming (events), Bravo didn't really notice her (this reminds me of the Gorgas of the RHNJ at Theresa Giudice's events, and family functions) until she hooked up with Austen. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
12 hours ago, ZettaK said:

So, Patricia invited Madison to filming (events), Bravo didn't really notice her (this reminds me of the Gorgas of the RHNJ at Theresa Giudice's events, and family functions) until she hooked up with Austen. 

And she milked THAT for all it was worth!   She’s one of the most thirsty I’ve ever seen on all of Bravo, which is saying a LOT.  

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

Madison said that Brett, her new husband returns "home," for a few days after he works for a few days in California where his job is. What's "home" for him though? They got married in November (just before this filmed), and he lives in California. Let's see how long it lasts. As for Austen, he is so jealous of Brett.

Austen is so delusional if he thinks he looks like Eroll Flynn.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • LOL 3
33 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

Madison said that Brett, her new husband returns "home," for a few days after he works for a few days in California where his job is. What's "home" for him though? They got married in November (just before this filmed), and he lives in California. Let's see how long it lasts. As for Austen, he is so jealous of Brett.

Austen is so delusional if he thinks he looks like Eroll Flynn.

Brett is way better looking than Austen.  He even has a little bit of a Tyler Cameron vibe.

• Like 2
14 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Brett is way better looking than Austen.  He even has a little bit of a Tyler Cameron vibe.

Of course he is better looking, and a better person (I hope) according to what Madison said.

• Like 3

According to the season previews, Taylor hooking up with Austen is going to be a major story line/"scandal". I don't understand what is the issue, since it seems it happened a long time after she broke up with Shep. Is it about bro, and girl code, because Shep and Austen, and Taylor and Oluvia are friends?

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
2 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

According to the season previews, Taylor hooking up with Austen is going to be a major story line/"scandal". I don't understand what is the issue, since it seems it happened a long time after she broke up with Shep. Is it about bro code, because Shep and Austen are friends?

They're hoping it goes viral like the VPR dumb scandal, which I vaguely understand since I don't watch that show.

I guess it's betrayal but on that show, the scandal was actual infidelity, not violating the bro code.  So someone was actually cheated on by another cast member who was suppose to be his or her friend.

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, aghst said:

They're hoping it goes viral like the VPR dumb scandal, which I vaguely understand since I don't watch that show.

I guess it's betrayal but on that show, the scandal was actual infidelity, not violating the bro code.  So someone was actually cheated on by another cast member who was suppose to be his or her friend.

It was infidelity on Vanderpump Rules because Tom Sandoval was in a relationship for nine years, and he cheated on his girlfriend, but it seems that Austen, and Taylor were single at the time. Good luck with that becoming viral. Bravo shouldn't underestimate its viewers like this.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, MrBuhBye said:

She also said bigger dick which seemed to have Austen smarting lol.

51 minutes ago, Kiss my mutt said:

What in the world does Pat see in Madison that she took her Obama project? Something of herself maybe? Madison is low rent and trashy. 

It must be classy comments like the above.

That must be the Southern charm this show is referring to.

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

As for why Pat pushed so hard for Madison to be on the show, when Madison is the complete opposite of the well-mannered, sweet Southern girls Pat adores?

Pat's no fool.  She's known Madison for years, as Madison does Pat's hair.  

Pat has likely heard enough of Madison's drama-filled life stories to fill the harbor, and she realized that pushing for Madison would keep Southern Charm relevant, as she knew Madison would brrrr-ing the drama.

And anything Pat can do to keep Whitney's checks coming in is good for Pat.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1