Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E15: Every Time We Say Goodbye

• Start Topic

Razvan's mom shares her concerns about his relationship. Dempsey discovers Statler doesn't want kids. Violet stops Riley from saying the L-word. Jasmine takes Gino by surprise with one last request. David and Sheila share a sad goodbye. Cleo wonders if Christian wants to stay exclusive.

• Like 1

Boring preview.  I wonder if Amanda's plan all along was to be a pain in the ass till the last minute when she will throw on the charm and just want to bang all day on a bang trip. Hopefully Razvan just calls it quits when she finally gets back to the US.

Dont care about Violet and Riley.

Dempsy is too good for Stapler and the show.

Edited by greekmom
  • Like 13

The closed captioning showed his little brother ordering a margarita when it was actually a margherita pizza.

5 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

That actually sounds pretty perfect.

I just recently tried Old Bay on fries and it was a nice change from garlic fries.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

The closed captioning showed his little brother ordering a margarita when it was actually a margherita pizza.

I just recently tried Old Bay on fries and it was a nice change from garlic fries.

My CC said margherita.

Even better than fries and a mojito - poutine and a mojito.

• Like 2

Amanda is unbelievable. I feel the same way as Razvan's mother about Amanda.  It doesn't seem to be all about grief.  I think she just has a sour personality.  Doesn't he already have a tourist visa?  If he really wants an American wife, why not just go visit New York City or LA and find someone more suited to him?  He can do so much better than Amanda.  

Jasmine, shut-up! There are other sugar daddies out there.  Man up Gino and flee!  

Why does Riley always talk to Violet like she is a child?  I understand there is a language barrier, but it seems condescending and is so grating.  

Of course Statler doesn't want to share Dempsey with anyone, let alone a time-consuming child. You know who I think would be cute together?  Dempsey and Erika (of Stephanie and Erika).  

I love David and Sheila, but I  can do without all the sex talk.  Her son is adorable, and it was nice to see that he was excited to come to the US.  However, I do wonder what will happen to her father.  Hopefully he has someone to stay with or at least that can look in on him.  

I am beginning to wonder if Cleo has been in a serious relationship, either before or since her transition.  She seems emotionally stunted in this regard.  

• Like 18
22 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

The pizza I applaud.  You're on your own with Old Bay.  Most of the state of Maryland is there with you, though.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Fable said:

love David and Sheila, but I  can do without all the sex talk.

She was complaining about his size but then doggy style goes  even deeper.

How many times has Jasmine lied about losing the engagement ring?  And just because she wanted a flashier one.  Then when she is about to lose her meal ticket voila and a backdown on the luxury apartment.

You look super serious going to an embassy for a visa interview in a hot pink outfit.  Knowing Sharp though her crying is tears of joy.

• Like 3

I absolutely love watching Sheila and David and I'll be so disappointed if they end up like many of the other couples who split after they marry in the US 

I do not trust a thing that comes out of Statler's mouth. I'm curious as to what her true end game is?

• Like 5

Raz looked incredible in his sun-scarf on the beach in Croatia. Razman, asking Amanda something like "how do you like this beach?" - her response: "Nice." It was GORGEOUS!  No feelings or excitement in that vessel, is there?

Thank god that after Amanda asked Raz to cement their relationship after she returns to the US, he said no. So proud of him. He will make someone very happy one day. Amanda is a little girl who doesn't deserve him.

Amanda, Jason is gone. You need to  quit making Jason the problem in this relationship. The problem is YOU, your immaturity, your inability to form a meaningful relationship, your manipulating ways and your mixed up head. Stop using Jason as an excuse. Stop throwing him into every other conversation. Gah, what a manipulator. I haven't seen any evidence of love on her part, either. Just desperate manipulation. Seducing behavior does not equal love.

Was her marriage to Jason the perfect match that she tries to portray? I highly doubt it. 

I hope these two have split up for good and I don't hear otherwise during the Tell-all. 

• Like 5
  • Applause 12
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, Fable said:

Jasmine, shut-up! There are other sugar daddies out there.  Man up Gino and flee!  

^^^This.  Did she settle for Gino because she's aging out of the sugar baby category?  Didn't they meet on a sugar daddy website?  Gino may be comfortable regarding his wealth, but seems far from sugar daddy level rich.

Along a similar line, they initially made Razvan seem like a superficial gigolo, but it turns out he's a smart, insightful man, and I agree with @Breedom that Amanda doesn't deserve him. She's a dope. 

• Like 17

I give Stapler props for being honest about how she feels about kids. Now, if Dempsey is as level headed as she has seemed all season, she will not back down and buy the bullshit that Statler will spew once she realizes she screwed up. 

Amanda is in a panic. She needed to take some time after losing her husband and get some grief therapy and just general time and experience before trying to start a serious relationship. The fact that she would sit there straight faced and say she really, really wanted to go home engaged, after the things she said and how she behaved show how out of touch she is. She just wants to be a wife to someone, anyone. She was married so young and for such a good portion of her life at this point, she doesn't know how to be the solo adult version of herself. She is emotionally stunted at the age she was when she hooked up with Jason----didn't someone say she was 16? And he was much, much older. I hope Razvan doesn't cave in next episode and fall for the love bombing. 

David and Sheila, I hope the paperwork doesn't take too long for them to be reunited. I think grandpa had a nice firm conversation with her son while she was away about going to the US. I understand what she meant about her son and asking his opinion, but seriously? He is a kid. Would you seriously miss out on a chance to lift your family out of dire poverty because an 11 year old will miss his neighborhood/slum friends? 

Violet and Riley. That was painful to watch. Not sure why she bothered to stop by to fold a few shirts. There was zero affection shown the entire trip and of course, blowhard Riley doesn't get how he did anything wrong. From the minute he landed he interrogated her about the past. He had a "friend" do so on facetime as well during a date night. I still say that friend has a thing for him. I didn't think he and Violet did anything more than kiss, because I feel like TLC loves to play up the sex talk and pushes people for details and I can't imagine Riley would stay quiet about finally having banged her. But (not sure it needs spoilers because it was in the "next time" clip):

Spoiler

based on the teaser for next episode, Violet is pregnant? And says it is his baby?! WTF? Isn't she close to 50?? I predict she is just late because menopause is starting, not actually pregnant. 

Cleo and Christian, these two clowns, please just ghost her already. 

• Like 7
33 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

I give Stapler props for being honest about how she feels about kids. Now, if Dempsey is as level headed as she has seemed all season, she will not back down and buy the bullshit that Statler will spew once she realizes she screwed up. 

Sounds like she wasn't honest about it before coming to England, per Dempsey's answers to the producers while she was packing her shit to get out of Dodge. 

Statler's claim that she wouldn't adopt a child because she knows the trauma of adoption sounds like such bullshit (as if the demand for adoptive children causes the supply) and if it were true definitely something she would have known and been able to share with Dempsey prior.  I believe it was more of a "Oh so you're planning to adopt? Well here's my excuse for why I don't want that since you weren't accepting my initial excuse that kids are too much work/money."

45 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

I hope Razvan doesn't cave in next episode and fall for the love bombing. 

Gotta love Amanda being all "I don't want his mother to get the wrong impression of our relationship [based on information that is completely and utterly accurate about my actual breadcrumbing, toxic behavior and emotional abuse of her son, which most people would consider the right impression of our relationship.] " 

Straight up narcissism.  And you're right, she lovebombs him- particularly when he's pulling away. 

38 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

Cleo and Christian, these two clowns, please just ghost her already. 

On a positive note, Christian seems to have cured Cleo's autism.  She hasn't required headphones or her lanyard since his arrival, and apparently no longer has trouble walking through crowded city squares or only being able to take things literally. 

• Like 7
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 14
11 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Gotta love Amanda being all "I don't want his mother to get the wrong impression of our relationship [based on information that is completely and utterly accurate about my actual breadcrumbing, toxic behavior and emotional abuse of her son, which most people would consider the right impression of our relationship.] " 

It occurred to me that she was busy getting him engaged, in public, within view of his mother, which seems kind of gross.  I'm sure Croatian and Romanian standards for public displays of affection are a little more conservative than American as well.

• Like 5

Amanda and her many moods and love bombing can't believe that Razvan and his parents have seen through her.  And, it was laughable when she couldn't believe that Razvan told his mother about their fights and her quick switches from happy to angry.  Especially entertaining as she is part of a t.v. show which delights in showing all the fights, arguments, and manipulations.  

Sheila and David warm my heart and I'm glad that they will receive stipends from TLC to help finance their future.  But, I also hope they know to not keep appearing on the show as it's very easy for TLC to change their story line to one that could lead us to despise them rather than support them.  

At this point I don't even know why Riley and Violet were featured as that relationship didn't go anywhere and she seemed very glad that he was leaving.

And, as always, I fast-forward Gino and Jasmine.

• Like 10
24 minutes ago, seacliffsal said:

Amanda and her many moods and love bombing can't believe that Razvan and his parents have seen through her.

Yeah, the bitchy way in which she interrogated him about his conversation with his mother was just.....sooooo many red flags. As others have said, he has a tourist visa, if the green card is really such an endgame for him, come on over and I am sure he can find a spouse. He is an overall decent guy; at least he appears to be more respectful and decent than the loverats that have been featured on past seasons as out for a GC. I mean, my ex SIL came over on a work program and bam in under a year, wouldn't cha know she found and married the "love of her life" and voila, pesky work permit concerns have vanished. She is an educated and attractive 29 year old who didn't waste time in finding her temp meal ticket. I almost want to send an IM to the new groom and tell him, condolences on joining that shit show family. 

IF and that is a big IF 

Spoiler

Violet and Riley actually did the deed and she IS preggo

then that is probably the ONLY reason they aired any of their footage. Cause otherwise it was a bigger snoozefest than Caleb and Alina or that chick that got stuck in immigration while her fiance chilled at the Mexican resort. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

Sounds like she wasn't honest about it before coming to England, per Dempsey's answers to the producers while she was packing her shit to get out of Dodge. 

Statler's claim that she wouldn't adopt a child because she knows the trauma of adoption sounds like such bullshit (as if the demand for adoptive children causes the supply) and if it were true definitely something she would have known and been able to share with Dempsey prior.  I believe it was more of a "Oh so you're planning to adopt? Well here's my excuse for why I don't want that since you weren't accepting my initial excuse that kids are too much work/money."

The most honest and rational thing Statler has said all season is that she still has a lot of trauma related to her adoption that she hasn’t worked through. Problem is, it doesn’t sound like she has any plan or intent to work through it, ever.

I cannot imagine trying to co-parent with her but then again, I can’t imagine spending any amount of time with her at all, much less with the added challenge of keeping a small person alive while doing so.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1

Run Gino Run!  She was not lying when she said she banged her ex a month ago.  Apparently, her ex can't get her to the US so you are it.  The whole ring thing would have been enough for me to leave.  She hid it, saying it was lost just to get a better one...........um no.  It is not going to get better Gino.  If anything, she is on her best behavior right now.  Once married, the gloves come off and you are stuck.

WOW on the spoiler.  Wow!

Amanda needs to go home, take care of her kids and maybe go to Grief Therapy.  She is not ready for a relationship.

• Like 5

Not only is Amanda unpleasant and disagreeable at almost all times, but these two are on completely different pages and have different future goals.  Razvan wants 'lights, camera, action' while Amanda is hoping for a 9-to-5 life with a white picket fence, a dog and dinner at 6 pm every night.  Even if Amanda wasn't so full of herself, I am not sure they could make it work based on their life ideals.  

• Like 3
6 hours ago, cynicat said:

Gino may be comfortable regarding his wealth

I think he is just middle class,  she keeps pressuring him to make early withdrawals from his retirement accounts.  There are penalties and he will not have much to live on when he retires.

4 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

I give Stapler props for being honest about how she feels about kids.

I get that some adoptees feel rejected by their bio parents but does Statler ever think how her adoptive parents feel about her constant braying how adoption ruined her life and has made her unable to have adult relationships at 33?  Unless it was a horrible home environment it makes her look very ungrateful.

• Like 10
  • Useful 1

Unless Violet is a total scammer, haven’t they been leading us to believe that Riley and Violet never had sex during his visit?  He was never pressing her for it, they never discussed it, production never asked either about it, they weren’t even hugging and kissing.  Yet the Tell All preview is claiming she is pregnant by him?

5 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

I still say that friend has a thing for him.

She is married to his friend.

an 11 year old will miss his neighborhood/slum friends? 

Ouch.

4 hours ago, Drogo said:

On a positive note, Christian seems to have cured Cleo's autism.  She hasn't required headphones or her lanyard since his arrival, and apparently no longer has trouble walking through crowded city squares or only being able to take things literally. 

She is overwhelmed by multiple toppings on donuts, so preferred the cinnamon sugar.

• LOL 2
8 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I get that some adoptees feel rejected by their bio parents but does Statler ever think how her adoptive parents feel about her constant braying how adoption ruined her life and has made her unable to have adult relationships at 33?  Unless it was a horrible home environment it makes her look very ungrateful.

It’s really complicated. Statler shouldn’t be any more grateful to her adoptive parent than any other child should be grateful to their parents. All children deserve to have their needs met and to have loving parents. It’s not a privilege for which one should be grateful. 

I think that Statler deserves her feelings. After all, no one chooses how they feel - they just feel. She seems to have some insight into her feelings and how they impact her today but she doesn’t seem to have any interest in working on resolving them so that she can have healthier relationships. Overall, I don’t particularly like her but her experience as an adopted person isn’t unusual, even for people adopted by “good” parents who love them and treat them well. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Yet the Tell All preview is claiming she is pregnant by him?

A woman in her 40s has about a 5% chance of conceiving in any given month.  Are we supposed to believe two people who just met and who appear to hate each other were stupid enough to ride bareback, and just happened to hit the lottery? 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 6
2 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

Problem is, it doesn’t sound like she has any plan or intent to work through it, ever.

She has been an adult for 15 years.  I don’t remember if she has been in therapy for any meaningful time but she might want to prioritize that over sex in elevators.

• Like 5
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
25 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

an 11 year old will miss his neighborhood/slum friends? 

Ouch.

Sorry to be brutal, but it is what it is.....he is a young child who doesn't know anything beyond the life he has lived so far (or maybe on tv but given the dire poverty who knows how much foreign shows he has seen). Sheila is the adult and has the perspective that really, if they don't get out now, he probably won't ever get out of that slum. She even said how her mother's death really reinforced that drive in her to better her situation. She wants a better life for her son as well. As the parent and adult, really his opinion shouldn't have been the deciding factor. Her wishes should have been the deciding factor, end of story. She knows that if she can't get a ticket out of there, she sees her future----growing old in that neighborhood like her mother did, her son trying to care for her (and possibly her father too) on whatever income he can find; until he is an old man like Pa, repeating the cycle. I grew up lower middle class and believe me I didn't realize how poor we were until I was much, much older and was luckily able to break out of that cycle thanks to my mom's insistence on higher education. Her son is sad to leave his home and friends because that is all he has ever known and he can't imagine that ever changing from the current status. 

21 minutes ago, Quof said:

Are we supposed to believe two people who just met and who appear to hate each other were stupid enough to ride bareback, and just happened to hit the lottery? 

If they did, there is no justice in the world (says a mid 40s who can't conceive naturally and has lots of friends who have needed the IVF route). I don't see Violet as the scammer to fake a pregnancy to "trap" Riley---she could barely tolerate a meal with the man. Again, I predict she is just late, menopausal or has some other medical issue causing this scare. Not an actual baby. As paranoid as he was about her lies and other men I can't imagine he didn't wrap it up if something DID happen between them. 

Edited by Stuckathome
  • Like 3
48 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

It’s really complicated. Statler shouldn’t be any more grateful to her adoptive parent than any other child should be grateful to their parents. All children deserve to have their needs met and to have loving parents. It’s not a privilege for which one should be grateful. 

I think that Statler deserves her feelings. After all, no one chooses how they feel - they just feel. She seems to have some insight into her feelings and how they impact her today but she doesn’t seem to have any interest in working on resolving them so that she can have healthier relationships.

Statler was implying that people who adopt do so in order to have a child indebted to them, which is just not the case.  Most people who adopt do so because they want to love and raise a child- and either they can't do it on their own or they know there are a lot of already-born children in need of a loving home. 

Edited by Drogo
  • Like 8
  • Love 1

I knew that Gino would forgive Jasmine. Why weren't we privy to the convo about the new apartment?

Jasmine is always going to be Jasmine until she gets some therapy. Gino should suggest it and invest some $$ into that - from the money he's saving in renting the $3K/mo apt (if I remember right). I don't care how much Jasmine promises to change, she's simply not going to magically become a calm, logical person. Gino should know that. She has shown you who she is, Gino - either accept it or cut your losses and get the hell out of there.

• Like 4
51 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I just don’t think I would call them “slum friends.”

Point taken. I meant it in the sense that they are the kids from the slum where he lives----not that they are less quality of people because of this. I should have said miss his neighborhood and neighbor friends. 

• Like 4

I don't see Statler as maternal at all. She knows this about herself and I'm glad she's being open about it. They both need to cut ties or just remain long-distance friends. I see Statler as someone who will drag Dempsey down in all areas of her life. They just aren't a match and Dempsey is smart enough to realize it. 

• Like 5
29 minutes ago, Breedom said:

I knew that Gino would forgive Jasmine. Why weren't we privy to the convo about the new apartment?

Jasmine is always going to be Jasmine until she gets some therapy. Gino should suggest it and invest some $$ into that - from the money he's saving in renting the $3K/mo apt (if I remember right). I don't care how much Jasmine promises to change, she's simply not going to magically become a calm, logical person. Gino should know that. She has shown you who she is, Gino - either accept it or cut your losses and get the hell out of there.

Do you remember in their first season how she was acting like Mary from The Other Way making him FaceTime while he was picking up food at a restaurant and being mad that he was polite to the waitress?  She is not going to be any more secure when they are in Michigan.

• Like 6
1 hour ago, Drogo said:

Statler was implying that people who adopt do so in order to have a child indebted to them, which is just not the case.  Most people who adopt do so because they want to love and raise a child- and either they can't do it on their own or they know there are a lot of already-born children in need of a loving home. 

Agreed, absolutely. I used to be an adoption social worker and a big red flag for a prospective adoptive family is to see them wanted to “save” a child or expecting gratitude. I seldom saw that from prospective adoptive families but heard it all the time from friends or extended families “”that child should be so grateful that X and Y are saving them from the terrible life they would have had otherwise.”

I think it’s great to have more discussion of adoption in all different types of media but I wouldn’t have chosen Statler as a spokesperson. Honestly I mostly can’t stand her…

• Like 2