Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E15: Every Time We Say Goodbye

• Start Topic

Riley/Violet: I don't get it.  They could barely stand each other, and not even in the kind of bickering that really masks sexual tension.  If someone comes across the world to see me, I'm seeing them off at the airport, full stop.  She couldn't wait to throw him out!  Now she says she's pregnant?  Don't buy it.

Amanda/Razvan: Amanda has gone from mildly sympathetic to annoying to cloying to impossible.  If there was going to be an "oops", this is where I would have expected it.   She doesn't love Razvan but she hates being alone and without a man.  She is love-bombing him but I think (hope) it's to no avail.

Gino/Jasmine: At this point, Jasmine deserves every cent she can get out of this fool.  Gino must think a relationship with this much drama and this much angst is all he deserves.  He deserves everything coming to him if he takes this shrew back.  I agree with the poster who said bring out the prenup and we'll see how sincere she is (not).

Statler/Dempsey: Oh come on, Dempsey.  How many flags does Statler have to wave until you get the picture that not only are you not compatible, Statler is a human sticker who has not resolved her issues nor is happy independent but whose idea of a relationship is suffocating.  The kids thing is a red herring: they never were right together.  

Sheila/David: Aww, of everyone I hope these two make it, and even come back (as long as it isn't a Kenny-esque manufactured sobfest of a story).

• Like 8

Razvans mom is hot. I thought this episode was whatever okay. Not a lot to say. 

the Cleo stuff is the same as it’s been. Chris blaiming Cleo for him being an asshole. He thinks he didn’t do anything wrong. What an idiot. 

Gino has a bigger vagina then Jasmine so he took her back. At least we saw him with his cap off. Why doesn’t he just shave all that hear in the back? 

Shelias son is coming. I’m like you gotta take pops too. 

Violet is pregnant? What???? When did Riley smash? 

Statler is a selfish bitch. Let’s blame adoption on not wanting to be there for a kid. Cause you want all of Dempseys attention. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Craigcodybazhate said:

Shelias son is coming. I’m like you gotta take pops too. 

The United States won't allow papa. Sheila would have to be a citizen and then get in line for a parent or adult child

• Useful 2
14 hours ago, KateHearts said:

I get it- the poster is talking about the environment that they all live in; not the "worthiness" or decency of his friends.

I didn’t think she meant that (edit: the latter for clarity).  It just seems reductive to describe them only by where they live through no doing of their own.

14 hours ago, Raja said:

The United States won't allow papa. Sheila would have to be a citizen and then get in line for a parent or adult child

Parents are eligible fairly quickly compared to siblings.  Alexi could have brought his parents over some time ago but they didn’t want to leave his brother behind.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Like 1
  • Useful 3
5 hours ago, Elizzikra said:

I used to be an adoption social worker and a big red flag for a prospective adoptive family is to see them wanted to “save” a child or expecting gratitude. I seldom saw that from prospective adoptive families but heard it all the time from friends or extended families “”that child should be so grateful that X and Y are saving them from the terrible life they would have had otherwise.”

While I get the idea that adoptive parents who might have a "savior complex" might be troublesome, I think there are situations where the adopted children are indeed saved- as in, being removed from a potentially (or actual) dangerous or neglectful family. I have two adopted nephews- one was from a home with neglectful and violent parents who admitted that they wouldn't follow through with anger management/parenting classes and another whose mother was a drug addict who didn't know which man fathered the child and also admitted she would never give up her addiction. I do believe those kids were saved. 

Their parents don't demand special treatment from them however- and they are still pretty normal boys who have done their share of teenage dumb things.

This season has been the most boring of any 90 day season, any iteration, EVER. I find myself playing it and not remembering anything because it's so, so dull. Vapid people. Relationships that are going nowhere. Tired old reruns of idiots like Jasmine and dolts like Gino. No chemistry between any of the couples. Too much sex detail (if it happens). So much nothing.

Edited by KateHearts
  • Like 3
4 minutes ago, KateHearts said:

While I get the idea that adoptive parents who might have a "savior complex" might be troublesome, I think there are situations where the adopted children are indeed saved- as in, being removed from a potentially (or actual) dangerous or neglectful family. I have two adopted nephews- one was from a home with neglectful and violent parents who admitted that they wouldn't follow through with anger management/parenting classes and another whose mother was a drug addict who didn't know which man fathered the child and also admitted she would never give up her addiction. I do believe those kids were saved. 

Their parents don't demand special treatment from them however- and they are still pretty normal boys who have done their share of teenage dumb things.

It seems sometimes you can’t win.  If you do nothing about a problem you are selfish and if you try to be altruistic you have a savior complex.

• Like 8
  • Useful 1
14 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

It seems sometimes you can’t win.  If you do nothing about a problem you are selfish and if you try to be altruistic you have a savior complex.

It's not really about winning. Adoption is supposed to be child-centered. It's supposed to be about finding the best possible family for a child that is not able to be raised by his/her biological parents. It is not about finding children for parents. As you phrase it, children are a problem to be solved by parents. 

All children deserve parents who love and care for them. An adopted child doesn't deserve that any more (or less) than a biological child. An adopted child shouldn't be any more (or less) "grateful" to his/her parents than a biological child would be. Parents should go into parenting (biological or adoptive) because they want gratitude from their children. Parents of adopted children aren't "saving" them any more than they "saved" their biological children from the fate of not being conceived or born in the first place.

While I get the idea that adoptive parents who might have a "savior complex" might be troublesome, I think there are situations where the adopted children are indeed saved- as in, being removed from a potentially (or actual) dangerous or neglectful family.

To be blunt, all adopted children are "saved" from something - in most cases, poverty. Most people who choose to place their kids for adoption make the decision for financial reasons. They simply don't have enough money to raise that child. Sure, there are some situations where the bio parents are very young, but that's less common than people think and in a lot of cases, families with at least some financial resources can keep the child within the extended family when the bio parent is young. 

In many cases where the bio parents don't choose adoption, but the child is taken from them, these are again, overwhelmingly poor parents. Wealthy drug addicts can afford nannies and have extended family to care for their children while they are either actively using or are seeking treatment for addiction. Poor drug addicts are the ones who leave kids home alone while they use, or become homeless, or send the kids to school in dirty clothes and hungry. 

I don't think that I'm saying this well, exactly, but as relates to this show, Statler has clearly heard, whether from her adoptive parents or from other people, that she should be "grateful" for something that is every child's right - to have loving parents who took care of her. Like - she's just really lucky that when one family chose not to keep her that some other lovely family stepped in and saved her instead of saying "as a child, when her original family couldn't keep her, of course there would be another family that would since every child deserves that."

Edited by Elizzikra
  • Like 5
35 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

It's not really about winning.

I was speaking more generally about when people want to help others.  You can’t win is an expression, like damned if you do damned if you don’t.  It doesn’t literally mean you go to hell.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Like 5
23 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Is Statler the only homosexual in the family?

Homosexual is viewed as an offensive term by most gay and lesbian people.

The Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, or Glaad, has put “homosexual” on its list of offensive terms and in 2006 persuaded The Associated Press, whose stylebook is the widely used by many news organizations, to restrict use of the word.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 3
7 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

The Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, or Glaad, has put “homosexual” on its list of offensive terms and in 2006 persuaded The Associated Press, whose stylebook is the widely used by many news organizations, to restrict use of the word.

Really? Since 2006? Crap. Apparently, I live under a rock. I recently used the word "homosexuality" on the Sister Wives board when talking about the Brown family's stance on the subject.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I didn’t think she meant that.  It just seems reductive to describe them only by where they live through no doing of their own.

Actually, I did mean that and posted a follow up acknowledging that I chose my words poorly. I was referring to it in the sense of where he knows them and not a comment on their worthiness as people or friends. 

13 hours ago, Teri313 said:

Was that really a castle, or was it a manor house?

I turned to Fiona last week & said "that is the most uncastley castle I've ever seen" and she said "I agree, daddy's is much more castley".

• Like 1
  • LOL 10
2 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

Actually, I did mean that and posted a follow up acknowledging that I chose my words poorly. I was referring to it in the sense of where he knows them and not a comment on their worthiness as people or friends. 

Yeah that’s what I said that you meant.  We are in agreement so we don’t have to beat a dead horse.

12 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I am sorry - I didn’t realize that. But weirdly - I’m not sure I wrote that last paragraph even though I could clearly see that it was in my post (I deleted it). I remember writing the rest of the post but that last paragraph wasn’t anything I’d been wondering about (how similar or different she might be to other members of her adoptive family). In any event, I apologize for any offense.

21 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

I am sorry - I didn’t realize that. But weirdly - I’m not sure I wrote that last paragraph even though I could clearly see that it was in my post (I deleted it). I remember writing the rest of the post but that last paragraph wasn’t anything I’d been wondering about (how similar or different she might be to other members of her adoptive family). In any event, I apologize for any offense.

Perhaps you were hacked but unlikely.

On 9/11/2023 at 3:46 AM, cynicat said:

^^^This.  Did she settle for Gino because she's aging out of the sugar baby category?  Didn't they meet on a sugar daddy website?  Gino may be comfortable regarding his wealth, but seems far from sugar daddy level rich.

Along a similar line, they initially made Razvan seem like a superficial gigolo, but it turns out he's a smart, insightful man, and I agree with @Breedom that Amanda doesn't deserve him. She's a dope. 

Razvan deserves a very nice woman who lets him be him (and he looked totally yummy in his scarf).  His family seemed really nice as well.  I was thrilled that he was not moved by her sudden tsunami of affection outside of sex.  I also think why she covers her mouth a lot is she is missing some back teeth on her left side (I think).

• Like 2
On 9/11/2023 at 7:24 AM, seacliffsal said:

Amanda and her many moods and love bombing can't believe that Razvan and his parents have seen through her.  And, it was laughable when she couldn't believe that Razvan told his mother about their fights and her quick switches from happy to angry.  Especially entertaining as she is part of a t.v. show which delights in showing all the fights, arguments, and manipulations.  

Sheila and David warm my heart and I'm glad that they will receive stipends from TLC to help finance their future.  But, I also hope they know to not keep appearing on the show as it's very easy for TLC to change their story line to one that could lead us to despise them rather than support them.  

At this point I don't even know why Riley and Violet were featured as that relationship didn't go anywhere and she seemed very glad that he was leaving.

And, as always, I fast-forward Gino and Jasmine.

Serious question.  Does ANYONE watch these 2?  I ff them as well.  Super gross couple.

• Like 2

I don't watch Gino and Jasmine. Fast forward and read your comments afterwards (I don't watch live). They are both disgusting people.

Statler is the worst. This is what I gathered happened: They discuss children in texts, she says, sure, kids are okay. Dempsey thinks, okay, normal, good. Then Statler types something like, but what about adoption? Dempsey says, sure, adoption is okay, probably not understanding that Statler's adoption story is not great. So why did Statler ( I can't even type that stupid name it makes me crazy) even mention it? Same gender couples don't "need" to adopt. S doesn't like adoption so why even bring it up? She should have been honest up front that kids are not an option for her. These things really are dealbreakers. I have always been straight up that kids were not in my future. Saves a lot of time. Dempsey has every right to set her limits now. And S sitting there chewing on her toast with dead eyes. Completely self-centered.

Emotionally, Amanda is 15. The way she was sucking on Razvan's neck and googly-eyeing him reminded me of teenagers. No adult wants a hickey! Stroking her hair like a preening beauty queen. Gag. She should go home and try to raise those kids and settle down with a nice McDonald's manager.

Hope David and Sheila have a long and happy marriage.

I don't need to ever see Kenny and Armando again. Just live your lives off- screen and be a normal boring couple. But I will buy stock in Kleenex tissues because Kenny corners the market.

Cleo is lost and Christian is a fame whore. I can't figure out Cleo's accent and it drives me crazy. Just break up and get off my screen.

• Like 5

Amanda is one of the dumbest people I have ever seen on this franchise.....in fact i think only DinYell was worse....

I have despised her since she whined about Razvan not having a tumble dryer in his tiny apartment, but her fake love bombing and nauseating PDAs now she's realised that he's fed up with her is the last straw. I hope he dumps her asap.

One other thing. Having a dream to move to the US and being in love with an American are not mutually exclusive! I don't get the hating on Razvan (or anyone) for wanting a green card and achieving it via an American spouse. It doesn't mean they don't also love their partner... if the US gives them more opportunities than their home country then why not aim for partner plus visa simultaneously? 

I am in the netherlands and would prefer a dutch partner over a non-dutch partner because then I am eligible for dual nationality. Currently I can only get dutch nationality by revoking my British one which is not something I'm willing to do. It doesn't mean I would ONLY be in a relationship with a dutch person because I'm trying to get the dual passports, but that they would be my preference, all other things created equal.

1 hour ago, Squishy Tomato said:

I don't get the hating on Razvan (or anyone) for wanting a green card and achieving it via an American spouse.

Because it's not uncommon for them to use that person as a means to get citizenship, and once they do, dump them. And since he wasn't honest about always wanting to move to the U.S. from the beginning, and then after he blurted it out and saw her reaction, told her that he did tell her, it seemed fishy. I'm not an Amanda fan, but I understood where she was coming from. Especially since he wants to come to the U.S. to be a "celebrity," and said he wouldn't work a manual job to help support their family. Well, he won't be starring in any movies coming out of her town, so it would make sense that he would take off to NY or LA.