Type keyword(s) to search

S14.E07: You Wreath What You Sow

• Start Topic

I get the impression Jessel never really cared all that much about having kids. I think she had kids partly due to family/cultural pressure and expectations, but mostly to raise her social status. For one thing, she doesn't seem to like her kids very much or want to spend time with them. Also, every time she talks about their preschool or getting them into a good school, she never talks about the school having good teachers, offers programs that interest her, or have a pipeline to good primary schools, etc. It's always about networking with the other parents whose kids go to that school. It's really icky. I know it's fairly common with people whose kids are at tony schools, but to see it played out in real life? 😳 And for Jessel to be so blatant about it on TV is cringe. She just wants to brag. And why does she pick out her husband's clothes? Is that part of their culture? If not, then I do not sympathize with her at all and all her "chores". 

Erin and Abe are totally drumming up drama for storyline purposes. Erin has mentioned several times about how Brynn flirts with Abe and Abe laughed about it the whole time, and not in an "I'm uncomfortable" way--he was amused. Plus, that whole conversation scene where he was telling her about it was some of the worst acting in Housewives history.

That being said, I'm enjoying this reboot. LuAnn, Sonja and Ramona were getting way to sloppy and Leah was just awful. It was time for a reboot. I find these arguments and drama more interesting and relatable than LuAnn fighting about something to do with her cabaret act. I think after so many years, every Housewives franchise should do a reboot. Otherwise, they start producing themselves too much and it becomes a bunch of their product shilling.

• Like 9
  • Applause 5
16 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

I actually like Erin’s denim top a lot. But I would not have worn it with jeans. 

It always looks like you can see a bit of nipple rising over the top of that shirt.  

• LOL 2
1 hour ago, Book Junkie said:

That being said, I'm enjoying this reboot. LuAnn, Sonja and Ramona were getting way to sloppy and Leah was just awful. It was time for a reboot. I find these arguments and drama more interesting and relatable than LuAnn fighting about something to do with her cabaret act. I think after so many years, every Housewives franchise should do a reboot. Otherwise, they start producing themselves too much and it becomes a bunch of their product shilling.

I think new housewives are self-producing and shilling from the get go and the shows will never again be what they once were.

• Like 14
  • Useful 1
On 8/28/2023 at 9:58 AM, kristen111 said:

What’s with all the fur jackets and coats in the houses and wherever also.

Another poster did add those sunglasses to this existential question, but 
I’m also perplexed by the times the whole damn outfit - high, stiletto heeled boots and all, is topped off with a baseball cap.   

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
3 hours ago, CallmeCray said:

I’m also perplexed by the times the whole damn outfit - high, stiletto heeled boots and all, is topped off with a baseball cap.

I never know if it's someone saying, "yes, I am high maintenance, but my baseball cap says I'm down to earth and cool," or "yes, I did just throw on my fur and heels to run the store, doesn't everyone?"

Could also be covering for a bad hair day.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Erin seems to get insulted easily. There was no reason for her to get upset with all the women (she was supposedly annoyed with Brynn only), and leave the wreath decorating event. Her sister was encouraging her in being unreasonable.

She also said that she and the rest of the women are representative of New York. Really? Is all of New York influencers, in the fashion industry, or realtors? They all seem to think they are better than anybody else. 

Brynn wants to provoke- she is on a reality show after all, and this way she can "distinguish" herself from the others.

And some are rude, or snobbish regarding food (there is not enough, or the right/trendy kind), accommodations (location of the Hamptons house, building of Erin's vow renewal), restaurants (trendy vs non trendy), neighborhoods (Tribeca is up and coming), and gifts.

Jessel treated her mother like a servant (she ordered her around), on top of her being older, so she shouldn't expect her to do too much. If her mother told her she couldn't deal with two kids (I don't doubt she complained to her far more than we saw her complaining about her kids on the show), so she shouldn't have a third, she should listen. She also said she would disregard her husband's wishes about not having a third kid. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 6
On 8/29/2023 at 10:33 AM, Chatty Cake said:

Regarding the lack of food Stephanie from Real housewives of Dallas was interviewed recently and said that Bravo starves them and over serves them  alcohol for better drama. I’m guessing that at Erin’s party and Brynns wreath making, Bravo was in charge of the food.  I’m also guessing when they film at their homes, they may have more control of the food served there. It makes Erin and Sai arguing over food, pointless.  

I believe this 1000% and then some!  

• Like 2
On 8/28/2023 at 6:26 PM, bichonblitz said:

He probably secretly enjoyed the attention. The guy isn't exactly one of the "hot" house husbands. 

Exactly. That’s why he told her. So she could be jealous.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
On 8/29/2023 at 3:47 PM, KungFuBunny said:

We also have Margaret on NJ, who doesn't like liquor because it gives her migraines. I think I've only seen her drink once.

Lala from Vanderpump Rules got really drunk her first 2 seasons. After seeing herself, she decided to stop drinking and has been sober on the show for the last 5 years. Now that cast drinks all the time, in every scene, and no one has ever forced her to drink.

As for food, Scheana Shay also from Vanderpump Rules, said that there is always food but they tend not to eat it and eat before or after filming. The reason is not because anyone is trying to lose weight or production won't allow them to eat, but because they learned that when they chew the mics pick up every tiny noise and you sound like Mr Ed going at his feed bucket.

Thank God for Jersey.  I can’t wait for them to come back.  A laugh a minute.  Nothing boring about them as crazy as they are.

• Like 1
On 8/28/2023 at 2:06 AM, hoodooznoodooz said:

What if Jessel has a third child, and it’s a BOY?

She has embryos, so I'm assuming that she knows the sex and could choose to transfer a female embryo. 

• Like 5

Jenna seems very kind and thoughtful and her hugs look genuine and warm.  And she brings gifts!  I would've loved one of her swag bags. 

I wanted to feel for Brynn with her horrible childhood and I do think a lot of her precocious behavior stems from the abuse she suffered.  But... at her age, I would think/hope she would've gotten therapy.  

Erin needs to get over herself.  

Jessel... I just can't like her at all.

Sai is the type of person who won't like anything, even if it is perfect.

Ubah... ??? Haven't seen enough of her to form an opinion.

• Like 4

Folks, 

Do not refer to people as animals.  Some animals have been used in reference to women of color.  This is an egregious form of racism that is used to dehumanize.  That is never okay.  Much as we do not allow referring to people of size as large animals, we absolutely do not refer to people of color as apes or primates.  

Questions?  PM @PrincessPurrsALot directly.  We do not discuss moderator actions in the forums; this includes any discussion of this note or apologies. 

Posts have been removed. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
On 8/30/2023 at 11:50 PM, ZettaK said:

Jessel treated her mother like a servant (she ordered her around), on top of her being older, so she shouldn't expect her to do too much. If her mother told her she couldn't deal with two kids (I don't doubt she complained to her far more than we saw her complaining about her kids on the show), so she shouldn't have a third, she should listen. She also said she would disregard her husband's wishes about not having a third kid. 

When Jessel gives birth to her third child, she will just end up complaining about how her mother now fails to clean up quickly enough after her three children.

• Like 4

Erin is annoying, but I do think she's a good reality tv personality.

What I do like about her, she confronts people she has an issue with right away - there are plenty of other HW's on other franchises - who talk to everyone else but the person they are having an issue with - and/or it becomes the story line of the entire season.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2