Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E18: Reunion Part 1

• Start Topic

It's almost amusing to see the crew throw each other under the bus.  Or yacht.

Daisy can't take criticism and nothing is her fault.

Gary is still the ultimate narcissist who thinks he's the most important crew member.  He's still in mega-competition with Colin, even though the season ended weeks ago.

The engine fiasco is revisited, but like I said from Day One, the crew just didn't pay proper attention to general engineering procedures before the show started.  To add insult to injury, sound problems interrupted the reunion show when they were talking about it!

Hard to believe the reunion show would try to have a go at Ileisha, who was the shining jewel of the season.  She never put a foot wrong and never got a complaint.  Also sorry that Chase didn't get anywhere with Ileisha, even after she ended things with her boyfriend.  Sounds like they circled the waters with each other, but nothing came of it, alas.

Gary complains about Chase's personality?  Pull the other one.  

Alex does a fantastic impression of Gary!

And we have to relive the whole Gary/Mads/Alex drama?  Hopefully there's more to Part 2....

• Like 6
(edited)

I hope they get to the bottom of the Daisy/Colin break up.  She is rolling her eyes at everything he says.

I can't seem to get rid of this quote box!

I've enjoyed the pointed questions at Gary.  He has a lot to answer to this season and I'm glad he is being put on the spot.

Edited by SemiCharmedLife
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1

Why wear a fancy dress to a zoom call? Sitting down in front of a webcam, the dresses aren't flattering. 

Ooh, Daisy is angry. Colin is coming across like a dick, and Gary's trying (but failing) to keep everything light & surface-y.

Really enjoying Alex & his facial expressions. He seemed almost stunned when Andy finally let him speak. 

I was a little shocked to hear that Ileisha & Chase gave it a go. I didn't see that one coming.

• Like 6

I think Daisy and Gary were in the same hotel room in Spain. Why else would Daisy be filming in the bathroom?

Daisy is really angry with Colin, I didn't think that Colin was being a dick, I think he is pissed as well. Daisy has been super passive aggressive on SM and I think he is tired of it and ready to get his side out there.

• Like 7
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, Arynm said:

I think Daisy and Gary were in the same hotel room in Spain. Why else would Daisy be filming in the bathroom?

You might be on to something - they did do that once before for a reunion if I remember correctly.  

I like the show for Colin and Daisy and they were both irritating last night.  So, good job show!  I don't know if I can take whatever petty arguments ensue next week tonight.  It is odd they are running through the shows so quickly, and it looks like they are going to double up Down Under eps weekly too.

• Like 3

Man, whatever happened between Daisy and Colin after the show ended, they are obviously saving for Part 2. Daisy made a stink face every time Colin's name was even mentioned, and clearly Colin had a falling out with Gary too.

To be fair, Andy spent much of the first fifteen minutes going after Daisy, so I'm not surprised how defensive she was. And yeah, it's highly suspicious she and Gary are both in Spain.

Gary is a self-involved twit. I cannot believe he never watched any of the seasons. He was black-out drunk for half of it, he might find it enlightening. I think he probably got dragged on social media early on and has been in denial of his behavior ever since. Refusing to actually watch the shows is an easy way of staying in denial. He gets to have his own version of it in his head.

Just judging by what we saw here, I'd say it's a safe bet Sailing Yacht has seen the last of both Daisy and Colin. I can't imagine either coming back after this.

I get a kick out of Glenn trying to play the diplomat.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, Arynm said:

The door over Daisy's left shoulder had a floor map on it, which would have exited to the hallway.  I've been in hotels where the "bathroom" was just a glassed-in area of the room (saving space and making the "bedroom" area larger, was not a fan of that kind of layout).  I think Daisy and Gary were in separate hotel rooms but I did think it was odd that they were both in "Spain" while everyone else had their city identified.

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
22 minutes ago, TazDevil said:

I think Daisy and Gary were in separate hotel rooms but I did think it was odd that they were both in "Spain" while everyone else had their city identified.

Yes! We know they are filming the next season, so my guess is they are trying to keep it under wraps.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, xhoipolloix said:

Seems highly suspect that Gary didn't watch the season. It's a convenient way for him to deflect criticism and avoid rehashing his mistakes.

I agree!  Gary seems very narcissistic - no way would he miss an opportunity to see himself on TV.  Why do a TV show if you have no intention of watching yourself when the show airs?  

That was a bullshit excuse for him to not take accountability for his shitty behavior.  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Like 9
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

I could watch a whole hour of this, not a Daisy fan.

I’m not really either, and I really don’t understand her appeal. I asked my husband what it was and he said “She’s fun”. I said, “Daisy, the Irish lady seems like fun to you?” And he said “Yes”. 
My husband is under her spell too!

• LOL 8
20 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I've enjoyed the pointed questions at Gary.  He has a lot to answer to this season and I'm glad he is being put on the spot.

Lol I CAN NEVER get rid of the quote box. Glad to hear I'm not alone.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)
5 hours ago, Jel said:

I’m not really either, and I really don’t understand her appeal. I asked my husband what it was and he said “She’s fun”. I said, “Daisy, the Irish lady seems like fun to you?” And he said “Yes”. 
My husband is under her spell too!

I've always liked Daisy's fun attitude with male and female staff. She always appears supportive and unlike some yacht chiefs stews. Other than that, this is the first time I've seen anyone openly pursuing her from the crew (aside from Gary's flirtations). She probably thought, I'm 36 and not in this career much longer, so I'm lletting my hair down. But now they're lambasting her? 

Iknow she gets defensive when she's initially confronted or criticized, but she always reflects on it and then comes around. And she usually brings it up or goes to the person directly. I don't understand what's going on with this reunion. Judging by some reactions and quips, I think there's a lot of emotional residue, more so than anyone's letting on.

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 3
12 hours ago, TexasGal said:

I like the show for Colin and Daisy and they were both irritating last night.  So, good job show! 

Same, this is a disappointment for me as I really enjoyed Colin and Daisy. But, they always advise not to sleep with co-workers, or crudely put ... Don't sh** where you eat.

• Like 1
(edited)
On 7/18/2023 at 9:56 PM, Chalby said:

Lol I CAN NEVER get rid of the quote box. Glad to hear I'm not alone.

On my laptop, I put the cursor over the upper left corner of the quote box and a "+" appears. I click on that to select the quote box, then hit delete.

Edited by pasdetrois
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I watched this one and then immediately followed up with part 2.

Add me to the tin foil hat wearers who think Daisy and Gary were in the same hotel.  Not just that they were both in "Spain," but because Daisy was doing her Zoom reunion in the bathroom?  WTH?   Even if the lighting was phenomenal in there, just why?  

• Like 2

I've watched both reunion shows so I'm going to be very careful about posting the right thing in the right thread.

Daisy was really sucking down that wine, wasn't she?  I watched as the level in the glass got lower and lower, and it seemed like the editors showed every time she took a sip.

I figured something out with the recent death of Jane Birkin.  Stick with me here.  She famously recorded a version of Je t'aime... moi non plus (the sex song) with Serge Gainsbourgh, her lover.  That made me think of Brigitte Bardot recording the same song with Gainsbourgh.  And THAT made me think of this: Mads was totally channeling Brigitte Bardot with her Reunion outfit, hair, makeup, etc.

Brigitte Bardot / Serge Gainsbourgh - See 0:24 and 0:44

If it wasn't intentional, it was still true.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1