Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E09: Better Late Than Ugly

• Start Topic

Sanya prepares her first charity brunch for Mommi Nation, but family tensions threaten to ruin the day; Kenya receives a visit from her new partner; Marlo is super excited after her first date with Scotley.

Airdate: 07.09.2023

As a reminder, events which occur after episode time are spoilers and should be discussed in media or individual housewife threads only.

• Like 2

Kenya's red dress she wore to Sanya's event was horrid but good for her for getting some money out of the HW's.

Giving a Mommy award to Sheree was stupid, what was the deal with that anyway?

Sanya's event had no step and repeat and no photographer but none of the HW's say anything about that? That in itself is amazing they did not pick that apart.

Kim Z, Lisa Wu, Sheree's boobs and Sheree at dinner was nice to see, nobody threw a drink or yelled at each other. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 5

That red dress was falling apart and I'm surprised she chose a dress that showed her midsection rolls like that. She's so disparaging of others so that was fitting payback.

Deshawn looked really pretty. But man there was a lot of hostility between her and Kim. 

I need to study frame by frame Sheree's after surgery TH. Maybe she was still swollen, but she looked awful in that greasy makeup. I can't believe she hacked off her nose. She is hopelessly stupid.

• Like 5
6 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

That red dress was falling apart and I'm surprised she chose a dress that showed her midsection rolls like that. She's so disparaging of others so that was fitting payback.

I wanted to say that too but could not find the words, nothing flattering about that dress, nothing.

Roi showing up with food then side hugging Kenya and leaving, they are dating? For real? He is world wide? 

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

Enough of the Kenya Moore hair care chant! She looked ridiculous. Like a 50 year old cheerleader. 
Why is Sanya’s sister so mad? Either quit and get a job with a non family member or suck it up. 
The lunch date with the original housewives wasn’t bad but I would have liked to hear more about what happened with Lisa and Ed as well as what Deshawn has been doing since housewives. I don’t care about Kim.
The show title is deceiving because Kenya was late and the dress was ugly. She did a good job though.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
7 hours ago, Iguessnot said:

Deshawn looked really pretty. But man there was a lot of hostility between her and Kim. 

I need to study frame by frame Sheree's after surgery TH. Maybe she was still swollen, but she looked awful in that greasy makeup. I can't believe she hacked off her nose. She is hopelessly stupid.

Some of Sheree's talking heads were taped pre surgery, some after. She destroyed her face, and her own, individual beauty. It is not only the nose. She had fillers, her lips look different, and she probably had a facelift too. 

I liked the OG HW segment. It's probably nostalgia, but it could be that the new HWs are that bad, as well....Deshawn looked beautiful, Lisa Wu dissolved the terrible fillers she had last season, and she looked good, and Kim has a totally different face. 

The season is going to become far more interesting according to the previews. It's extremely boring right now- it is obvious from the lack of comments here.

• Like 6

Sanya's sister is horrible. GTFO and get a job if you hate being an assistant that much. And why throw that in Sanya's face right before her big event? That situation reminds me of the Braxtons before they got their TV show. Everybody was bitter and resentful of Toni while steady working as her assistants and backup singers. Sanya needs to cut those people all the way loose.

Hated seeing Kim, and I don't know who Sheree thought she was fooling saying the OGs get together all the time when they knew absolutely nothing about each other's lives. I'm glad DeShawn and Lisa are doing well post-divorce though.

I still love 🎶 Kenya Moore Haircare 🎶

• Like 6
(edited)

Ok let’s chop it up! My husband was watching and immediately commented on Kenya’s “back roll dress.” He said “well isn’t she almost 60 though? But that’s a bad choice.” 🤣 Kenya did a good job though, and I really had no idea what Mommination was.  It was great to see real charity for great causes at work (rent for 1/2a year, tuitions…) 

While it’s true Sanya’s sister is practicing stank face…it was Sanya who brazenly, gleefully, and rudely told her on camera that Ross wanted them all out asap, and yes I said 1-2 years but it’s been one year and get the F out. That was not cool, it should have been done in a much kinder way and certainly not on camera.  Sanya’s sister has to know though, that childcare and hair upkeep are replaceable jobs so calm it down!

Marlo looked gorgeous as usual at the event. She may be trifling but she’s almost always on point with her fashions. The “cousin” of Drew…can’t remember her name…her face bugs me…looks like a melting wax candle. 
Kandi having to let Sanya know that she was squeezed in between all of her gigs was a no for me. Kandi literally does this to herself constantly chasing every bag and EGOT, and I personally am bored listening to her itinerary. 

The OG dinner was great and highlighted how awful these newer housewives are. Kim is so skinny, as is Deshawn, whose shorter hairstyle did wonders for her. 

I felt sad for Drew’s sister and found the scene slightly exploitative.  And if she’s going thru a few years worth of mental health struggles necessitating in patient hospitalizations….what on earth is Ralph all butt hurt about? 

Thank you to the poster above that mentioned Sheree’s face on the new talking head. Did we know she got a nose job? I had no idea why she looked so shiney and tight. Lord let’s pray that face settles into whatever she did. She was always a “handsome woman “ and none of that was needed or a good idea. Poor thing. Bravo seems to have had a never ending list of folks with bad nose jobs (looking at you Jen Aiden and Rachel Fuda yes and even you Gia G). 

Edited by Crazydoxielady
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
38 minutes ago, Crazydoxielady said:

Kandi literally does this to herself constantly chasing every bag and EGOT, and I personally am bored listening to her itinerary. 

This is exactly what her daughter was saying to Kandi when the first baby she and Todd were having (Ace or Kash?), she said they hardly had time for her and now a baby (now 2 more kids), Kandi almost goes out of her way to find jobs or projects to keep busy and earn money, almost addicted to that sort of activity/lifestyle. Kandi is tired because of what she chooses to do but to be honest, Mama Joyce lives off of Kandi so the machine has to keep earning.

41 minutes ago, Crazydoxielady said:

I felt sad for Drew’s sister and found the scene slightly exploitative.  And if she’s going thru a few years worth of mental health struggles necessitating in patient hospitalizations….what on earth is Ralph all butt hurt about? 

It was very sad and should not have been on camera, it does not seem like it helped her putting it out there.  I think she told Drew that Ralph was exactly what he is and all this time later Sister Drew was right, Ralph did not like being called out and maybe he got super nasty with the sister pushing her over the edge?

Sheree's boobs are way too big, I think she thinks this will attract a better class of men, that would be wrong.

Let's be honest any HW we see with a significant weight loss (and we know how effing lazy Kim Z. is) our minds go to Ozempic, I know mine did. Kim Z. telling that bullshit story about how Kroy saw and knew she was the one, nope it was not like that, she approached him and told him he had a nice ass...she went on to say how great they are doing, lol.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

I forgot about the scene with Drew's sister Allison; that was extremely sad. Especially considering that Drew already told us she cut off contact with her because of the way Allison talked about Ralph being a manipulator. Your own sister went through hell because of abusers, she tries to share her fears about your man with you, and you respond by blocking her from ever visiting your house? How dreadful.

1 hour ago, Keywestclubkid said:

That whole "OG" dinner scene was so boring im sorry

Nene's absence was noted.

• Like 11
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, Lois Sandborne said:

I forgot about the scene with Drew's sister Allison; that was extremely sad. Especially considering that Drew already told us she cut off contact with her because of the way Allison talked about Ralph being a manipulator. Your own sister went through hell because of abusers, she tries to share her fears about your man with you, and you respond by blocking her from ever visiting your house? How dreadful.

She said Ralph banned her from the house. But I didn't hear Drew say she had to cut off contact. Just not at her house.

However, maybe it's me, but I have a hard time understanding Drew's narratives. Her word salad and ambiguous time lines that always leave me with major questions. In a strangely worded sentence, it seems this was her sister's 2nd major mental health crisis. They tried to pretend that, on camera, this was the first time they knew the sister had been physically abused by her boyfriend in her 20's. But they didn't play their reactions realistically.

They should have said earlier that her sister was 20 years older than her. Now it makes sense when she said her sister was her manager since childhood.

2 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

This is exactly what her daughter was saying to Kandi when the first baby she and Todd were having (Ace or Kash?), she said they hardly had time for her and now a baby (now 2 more kids), Kandi almost goes out of her way to find jobs or projects to keep busy and earn money, almost addicted to that sort of activity/lifestyle. Kandi is tired because of what she chooses to do but to be honest, Mama Joyce lives off of Kandi so the machine has to keep earning.

It was very sad and should not have been on camera, it does not seem like it helped her putting it out there.  I think she told Drew that Ralph was exactly what he is and all this time later Sister Drew was right, Ralph did not like being called out and maybe he got super nasty with the sister pushing her over the edge?

Sheree's boobs are way too big, I think she thinks this will attract a better class of men, that would be wrong.

Let's be honest any HW we see with a significant weight loss (and we know how effing lazy Kim Z. is) our minds go to Ozempic, I know mine did. Kim Z. telling that bullshit story about how Kroy saw and knew she was the one, nope it was not like that, she approached him and told him he had a nice ass...she went on to say how great they are doing, lol.

Kim just looks anorexic now. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
30 minutes ago, Lois Sandborne said:

What made it hilarious is Shree tried to make it sound like they get together all the time.. not one of them acted like they had seen each other in id say forever … lol I was like Fake Fake Fake Fake .. nothing Shree does is authentic at all 

• Like 4
  • Applause 4

I liked Kenya's dress. She was wearing it very nicely. Kandi is such a baller and you can tell she does it out of kindness. Sanya's friend was very pretty. I understand where her sis is coming from. Nene should have been at their get together. Say whatever you want about Sheree,but she sure does make her clothes look very sharp. I like her nose job. She still looks nice,its not like Jen from rhonj at all. 

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Lois Sandborne said:

I have heard that Drew's sister is quite talented in her own right. 

Supposedly, Allison wrote for Amen, Martin, and Johnny Carson.

I noticed Drew's career has taken quite a nose dive since she cut off ties with Allison to be with Ralph.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
(edited)
11 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

And Kim was asked about the house foreclosure too!

She took Ozempic, or any of the other similar medications.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 5
12 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

It was nice of Sheree to pledge a bounced check to Mommination.

I was wondering how many of those howives would actually make good on their pledge.  Kandi up from donating 5000 made them all at least pretend to pledge.

Sounds like Sanya wants her sister as a manager, but does not keep her in the loop on what's going on.  Sounded like she did not know about what she needed to do that day until the last minute. I would be frustrated too.

Did not miss NeNe at all at the reunion.

• Like 7

I was...confused, lol.  This is nothing new.  But it seemed odd to me that a charity would focus on giving homeless kids a private school education. Now, I'll fully admit, I'm VERY pro-public schools, but free education is available to all children, including homeless kids.  It should even come with two hot meals a day.  So why move them from a free school, to one that needs resources to function?  Why not put those resources into things that cannot be had for free? Maybe even free afterschool care with tutors. And if the public schools are that bad, put the resources into improving them, which benefits ALL the kids in that area.  I don't know why they wouldn't build programs in addition to public schools, rather than duplicating the effort.

Of course, I also could simply be privileged enough not to understand the issues here.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
24 minutes ago, lasu said:

I was...confused, lol.  This is nothing new.  But it seemed odd to me that a charity would focus on giving homeless kids a private school education. Now, I'll fully admit, I'm VERY pro-public schools, but free education is available to all children, including homeless kids.  It should even come with two hot meals a day.  So why move them from a free school, to one that needs resources to function?  Why not put those resources into things that cannot be had for free? Maybe even free afterschool care with tutors. And if the public schools are that bad, put the resources into improving them, which benefits ALL the kids in that area.  I don't know why they wouldn't build programs in addition to public schools, rather than duplicating the effort.

Of course, I also could simply be privileged enough not to understand the issues here.

I thought that was interesting as well, why not give those kids the benefit of tutors, free lunch programs, a lot of public schools do have kids wearing uniforms, (they could raise funds for the uniforms), after school programs exist too, what about transportation to those private schools, that might be a burden on the parents...maybe Sanya did not communicate her thought clearly?

Kenya mentioned that Sanya keeps asking her do to things without going thru her agent, I would bet there was no money in the budget to pay Kenya since it is a charity, I would hope Kenya would not expect payment.  Also Kenya, please come to my event in another city, I will barely arrange for meals then leave without the benefit of having the event and not even tell you I am leaving.

12 hours ago, howiveaddict said:

I was wondering how many of those howives would actually make good on their pledge.  Kandi up from donating 5000 made them all at least pretend to pledge.

My thought exactly whenever there is a charity event.  

Did Kenya donate or was her being the auctioneer donation enough for her?

• Like 5
23 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

lol I was like Fake Fake Fake Fake .. nothing Shree does is authentic at all 

I agree. I spend a lot of time (probably waaaaaay too much time!) thinking about the people who are Sheree's friends and I wonder what they think about her. Like, are they always placating her like, "Sure Sheree. Whatever you say. Yup, spring-summer. Uh-huh." Or are they good friends who try to get her to honestly push herself and are upfront with her about her BS. Given how she treats Kandi anytime Kandi has tried to help her out, I suspect that Sheree gets rid of anyone who points out her nonsense.  

On 7/10/2023 at 9:20 AM, Mr. Miner said:

It was nice of Sheree to pledge a bounced check to Mommination.

My response out loud to my empty room when they said Sheree made a pledge:

"Now Sheree know she can't donate $5000 of nothing!"

14 hours ago, qtpye said:

I have heard that Drew's sister is quite talented in her own right. 

Supposedly, Allison wrote for Amen, Martin, and Johnny Carson.

I noticed Drew's career has taken quite a nose dive since she cut off ties with Allison to be with Ralph.

No surprise here at all. I'm sure Ralph convinced Drew that he had way more experience than her sister with 30 years of actual experience. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 1
23 minutes ago, luckyroll3 said:

I agree. I spend a lot of time (probably waaaaaay too much time!) thinking about the people who are Sheree's friends and I wonder what they think about her. Like, are they always placating her like, "Sure Sheree. Whatever you say. Yup, spring-summer. Uh-huh." Or are they good friends who try to get her to honestly push herself and are upfront with her about her BS. Given how she treats Kandi anytime Kandi has tried to help her out, I suspect that Sheree gets rid of anyone who points out her nonsense.  

My response out loud to my empty room when they said Sheree made a pledge:

"Now Sheree know she can't donate $5000 of nothing!"

No surprise here at all. I'm sure Ralph convinced Drew that he had way more experience than her sister with 30 years of actual experience. 

Honestly, Drew's sister has led a fascinating life. 

Her connections are one of the reasons Drew was able to start a career as a child.  Drew was cute and that also helped but Hollywood is filled with cute kids. I hope that Allison is doing okay mentally.

Her problems being brought up on a shitty reality show probably does not help her be in a good place.

The first thing a manipulative man will do is make you cut ties with your family.

I imagine Mama Drew understands and she probably is careful not to say anything bad about Ralph.

• Like 10

I believe they are trying to model after Lebron's I Promise in Akron, OH.  They work with Akron City Schools and have a complete program for at risk youths and their families including housing, counseling and education.  It's a pretty neat campus right in the inner city of Akron.

Good luck to them and I mean that sincerely.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
(edited)
2 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Looking forward to the episode with Sanya tells the gals that Sheree hasn't send a check yet.  

Sheree doesn't pay her bills let alone what she promises to charity.

Edited by qtpye
  • Like 5
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I thought that was interesting as well, why not give those kids the benefit of tutors, free lunch programs, a lot of public schools do have kids wearing uniforms, (they could raise funds for the uniforms), after school programs exist too, what about transportation to those private schools, that might be a burden on the parents...maybe Sanya did not communicate her thought clearly?

Wow, its very rare that my disparate interests cross-pollinate, but I was just listening to an episode of No Stupid Question and they were discussing how architecture can be used to improve lives. The discussion centered around some studies that have been done showing that student achievement is directly correlated to the build environment of their schools. Without getting too wonky, basically they said there were five areas that had a direct impact on student performance. The study was originally done in Sweden I believe, but here is a study done in California in 2021 which had similar results:

Thermal comfort: Children prefer cooler temperatures than adults.

Indoor air quality: Increased ventilation rates increase student performance. Conversely, low ventilation rates hinder concentration and test performance. 

Lighting: Access to daylight and windows positively impacts student performance.

Views: Views of nature decrease stress and increase student performance. 

Acoustics: Children are a high-risk group for chronic noise exposure. Poor acoustics affect student’s learning and communication.

So poor students educated in local, underfunded public schools, with poor temperature controls, no recreational space, old out of date lighting and close to noisy streets, even if given other kinds of support like tutors, lunch, transportation, etc. may not be getting the benefit of a "private school experience".  There are also other items like class size, facilities (does the school have a science lab, recreational space, learning support, etc.) that can't be recreated if you are running the program in an existing public school.

On an on-topic note, I noted that Kenya had not one but two real fails this week when it came to her appearance. First the red dress where she needed two (five? fifteen??) inches added, but also at her "commercial". Was I the only one that noted that although she was rocking her natural hair, it clearly wasn't styled well, and she had no makeup on, so her skin (which looked almost as bad as Mia??!!!) was clearly noticeable. I'm not expecting a perfectly beat face, but a good foundation and some clips to keep the hair out of her face would have been best.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

How did I forget to mention Wig acting like she doesn't know why Kandi and her fell out.

Me: 

whathappensinvegas-know.gif

Also, I was just rewatching on Peacock and let it play to the end, and apparently there's an after show! Definitely some tea related to the who gave their donations immediately and who had to be called out, Lol!,  but I will take that to the media thread!

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, luckyroll3 said:

How did I forget to mention Wig acting like she doesn't know why Kandi and her fell out.

Let's see. 

Kandi made a verbal agreement with Kim and gave her talentless ass a hit.

It was even the name of her boring ass reality show.

Kim supposedly made $100K which she was supposed to split with Kandi and surprise, she did not.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, TV Diva Queen said:

Looking forward to the episode with Sanya tells the gals that Sheree hasn't send a check yet.  

Me too.  Bet Drew didn't send a check either. Doubt Kenya did also. Or maybe the checks were not near as much as 5k.

• Like 3