Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E03: Betrayed

• Start Topic

(edited)

Talos needs to watch Pirates Of The Caribbean again... he forgot a lot of details about parley 

ETA: And stop quoting Will Smith...

Edited by paigow
  • Like 2
(edited)

Aaaand another female character dies? I know that this may or may not be a fake out, but JFC Emilia deserved more than three episodes!

Okay, so Fury knows his wife is a Skrull. Please don’t let her be fridged or a traitor.

I really think Rhodey is a Skrull.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 7
2 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Aaaand another female character dies? I know that this may or may not be a fake out, but JFC Emilia deserved more than three episodes!

Only 6 episodes in total... Talos will inevitably volunteer to undergo Super Skrull enhancements... 

It was obvious it was a setup the minute Gravik mentioned the submarine name on the phone when they were in the car...

I'm hoping she is alive too.. (I'm still hoping that Hill is alive as well)

I really enjoy the banter between Fury and Talos. They both have such great delivery..

The superpower plot is kinda meh (unless this is what happens in the comics). Every show now has superpowered beings trying to take over the earth. Even TFATWS had these super soldiers who were trying to start a war.. The skrulls can shapeshift and already hold powerful positions around the world so why do they need more to be more super? It's getting a bit exhausting & repetitive now.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
(edited)
14 minutes ago, tired and hungry said:

The superpower plot is kinda meh (unless this is what happens in the comics). Every show now has superpowered beings trying to take over the earth. Even TFATWS had these super soldiers who were trying to start a war.. The skrulls can shapeshift and already hold powerful positions around the world so why do they need more to be more super? It's getting a bit exhausting & repetitive now.

Well it is a show inspired by one of the big two conventional comic book company's crossover and those stories end like professional wrestling stories, with punching and kicking. But perhaps not in this case with the antagonist in his 70s. without backup.

Edited by Raja

Yeah. I predicted a lot about the episode from the scene or two before it. For me, of the three, this was the least well-written and did not have much of any suspense for me.

Supposedly there are Emilia Clarke scenes in the SI trailer that haven’t been in the show yet. So G’iah might be dead…but the human woman whose identity she stole might not be. Just a theory.

Fury is getting more crap for ditching everyone for space than a certain someone has gotten for their actions in Endgame. That doesn’t seem fair.

• Like 8
(edited)

I would not be surprised if Gi'ah did not sneak some super Skrull cool-aid and reanimates the next episode.

So, most humans have no idea about the Skrulls? Who is cleaning up the Skrull bodies that Gravik and Talos, and Fury are leaving all over the place? Lastly, I wish they would pick one way to say "Talos." 

Edited by Enigma X
  • Like 3
5 minutes ago, Enigma X said:

So, most humans have no idea about the Skrulls? Who is cleaning up the Skrull bodies that Gravik and Talos, and Fury are leaving all over the place? Lastly, I wish they would pick one way to say "Talos." 

Coming out of Asgardland tourist and She Hulk aliens are accepted. What particular alien races do, especially when you just see another human on a day to day basis

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Raja said:

Coming out of Asgardland tourist and She Hulk aliens are accepted. What particular alien races do, especially when you just see another human on a day to day basis

Forgot about that.

5 minutes ago, Enigma X said:

Forgot about that.

😁

And that just reminded me that She Hulk had a different alien species  catfish men using  very Skrull like capabilities.

• LOL 2
7 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Remember the earlier scene when Gravik cut his hand in two with no effect. On beings that shift their shape exactly where would critical organs be?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, tired and hungry said:

The skrulls can shapeshift and already hold powerful positions around the world so why do they need more to be more super?

I believe first, they anticipate that /eventually/ Earth’s super powered defenders and Avengers will enter the fray and then they will need to impersonate them at some point or another. It seems at present the Skrulls can only take on the visage and the memories of an individual, but if the individual has super powers, they can’t currently imitate them till the Super-Skrull alterations occur…

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, wmdekooning said:

I believe first, they anticipate that /eventually/ Earth’s super powered defenders and Avengers will enter the fray and then they will need to impersonate them at some point or another. It seems at present the Skrulls can only take on the visage and the memories of an individual, but if the individual has super powers, they can’t currently imitate them till the Super-Skrull alterations occur…

It reminds me of Hawkeye when the Kingpin was worried about being brought to the attention of an Avenger. It wasn't so much a disabled retired S.H.I.E.L.D. soldier with a bow couldn't be dealt with  but his allies could not be stopped. General Gravik didn't seemed as concerned with the impersonation but rather when the big guy with the hammer came down someone in his weight class would be needed to confront him.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, tired and hungry said:

It's one thing to be able to manipulate the current governments into doing stuff. It only makes sense to have a contingency for when superheroes become involved if they truly want to make Earth their planet.

Most Skrulls at present can be killed by a bullet or means that would kill generic humans, and the race may have other unique vulnerabilities. It follows that they probably will not fare too well when exposed when they have to face people with access to Stark armor/tech, Vibranium, otherworldly tech, Hulk-level strength, magic, Pym particles, etc. etc.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
16 minutes ago, tired and hungry said:

🤷🏼‍♀️ 

image.png

For everyone except Wakandans. And Princess Shuri has been adding ubertech to those not getting access to the heart shaped herb.

• LOL 1

I don't at all buy that Gi'ah is dead, I can imagine she was just injured and will play dead until she can get away. Hopefully she can start to have a real arc when she's with her dad and Fury, really need some more context as to how she went from cute kid to terrorist, all because she's apparently really pissed at Carol and Fury. In general I think I need to better understand how we got here, I get that the Skull's are frustrated having to hide out on Earth, but murdering every single living thing on a whole planet so that they can take it over seems pretty extreme. I still don't even get why they don't just admit to being here, not only are aliens already known to the general public but specifically shapeshifting alien's, but I guess I just need to accept that this isn't an option right now for whatever reason. 

The banter between Talos and Fury is by far the best part of the show, the actual plot is pretty standard for a story like this, but everything between the two of them is absolute fire. 

So is this confirmation that Rhodey is a Skrull? 

• Like 10

I'm guessing G'iah's death is a fake out, because I feel like even this show knows what the optics would look like if they kill off two of their main women characters this quickly.  If I'm wrong though, then Sonya better watch her ass!

Still think Gravik's general idea is on point that if they set it up so that the humans are at each others' throats, it would be quite easy for the Skrulls to take advantage of it and come out ahead.  The problem is that I have no clue if he has any real endgame (sorry) plan for when the dust does settle and, in general, it still feels like is current plan is very loose and there are so many ways it could go wrong.  I just wish they really established that he put more thought into this besides "Destroy all humans!" and "Superpowers, y'all!"

The Fury/Talos stuff was definitely the highlight.  Samuel L. Jackson and Ben Mendelsohn really work great together.  Another reason why I feel like the Captain Marvel film gets a bad wrap: a lot of good stuff came from it.

Olivia Colman continues to make the most of her one or so scene in each episode.

At least Nick actually knows that Priscilla is a Skrull and still feel in love with her and they married.  But, of course, they are now making it look like she's in league with Gravik.  Sigh...

• Like 6
13 minutes ago, thuganomics85 said:

At least Nick actually knows that Priscilla is a Skrull and still feel in love with her and they married.  But, of course, they are now making it look like she's in league with Gravik.  Sigh...

And all to make her look like a treacherous bitch and completely gloss over the fact that Fury abandoned. Golly gee, where have I heard that plot line before? 🙄😤

• Like 1

Well I'm thinking that's why the Skrulls were turned away from other planets, they were worried they would do exactly what they are doing trying to kill everyone so they can take over Earth. Talos should've told Gravik he's acting like the Kree. 

I can't believe Emila Clarke signed on for only 3 episodes. Unless she's going to be playing the human woman. Or she's not dead and took some of that whatever Gravik has to help him heal. 

So Fury was all knowing because he has spies that can impersonate anyone. He should also probably try to reach Carol since it's her fault too. But he won't because they have to wait for the Secret Wars movie.

• Like 4
31 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Well I'm thinking that's why the Skrulls were turned away from other planets, they were worried they would do exactly what they are doing trying to kill everyone so they can take over Earth. Talos should've told Gravik he's acting like the Kree.

Folks did say they MCU'ed the Skrulls and flipped them on us for the Captain Marvel plot.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Raja said:

Remember the earlier scene when Gravik cut his hand in two with no effect. On beings that shift their shape exactly where would critical organs be?

Having seen a still picture of it Gravik has Extremis from Iron Man 3 running through him already.

• Like 1

I just realized that Fury's wife was talking to Rhodey and she asked to speak to Gravik. So he is a skrull, the question is how long has he been one. 

Also why are they keeping the people they take alive? Do they need them for their memories?

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

They zoomed in on her phone which appeared to be a RAZR, definitely not an iPhone so it’s not looking good for her loyalty.

Edited by dmeets
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I just realized that Fury's wife was talking to Rhodey and she asked to speak to Gravik. So he is a skrull, the question is how long has he been one. 

Also why are they keeping the people they take alive? Do they need them for their memories?

It's possible that Fury's wife is playing both sides. 

They are keeping the people alive to be able to draw from their memories. We saw, for instance, Gi'ah accessed the real military guy's memories to ascertain that the codeword to call off the attack was "Zachary," presumably his kid's name.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, dmeets said:

They zoomed in on her phone which appeared to be a RAZR, definitely not an iPhone so it’s not looking good for her loyalty.

I had this exact thought. Ever since I learnt that iPhones aren't approved for bad guys, I always look at what type of phone a character uses to determine how good they actually are. 

For a split second, when we were first shown Zachary in his room, I thought we were going to get our first introduction to Teddy Altman and then I remembered whose house we were in, and I laughed at my stupidity and desperation.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
16 minutes ago, Bill1978 said:

I had this exact thought. Ever since I learnt that iPhones aren't approved for bad guys, I always look at what type of phone a character uses to determine how good they actually are. 

And here I thought the OP was just a joke. I guess I'm happily unspoiled, or was 😜, as a phone is just a phone to me. But it does remind me of the early Hawaii 5-0 remake episodes where GM and Ford cars had a similar treatment. Only it was the good guys sponsored products in their GM made autos and "Binging" for information

• Like 2
31 minutes ago, Raja said:

Only it was the good guys sponsored products in their GM made autos and "Binging" for information

Bad guys on 24 never drove Ford... Kiefer was doing voice overs on their TV ads...

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, paigow said:

Bad guys on 24 never drove Ford... Kiefer was doing voice overs on their TV ads...

That must have hurt the eventual CTU mole reveal when fans broke that code. At least 5-0 wasn't a who dunnit show.

• Like 1

I was only half watching cause this was so boring.

My question is does Nick force his wife to adopt her human looks while they are in the privacy of their own home? Or is that her choice?  Because she switched and stayed when Nick got home.

Well goodbye Gi'ah. WE will never know if you were on dad's side or evil take over dude's side.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, greekmom said:

My question is does Nick force his wife to adopt her human looks while they are in the privacy of their own home? Or is that her choice?  Because she switched and stayed when Nick got home.

Privacy, what's that? Spy trade craft would suggest that she stay in human form all the time. But in the first episode the Skrulls said only the warriors stay in human form full time. And if this is Fury's first time home in years and the Skrulls act like the aliens in Thor and She Hulk there would be less reason for a well off alien to take on human form besides those in a radioactive hot zone 

If it really is "all connected" ,  we get the feeling only some high level people know about the Skrulls and their abilities as opposed everyone knowing about the Light Elf ambassadors from out there impersonating Megan Thee Stallion showing up in lawsuits and covered by the news.

4 hours ago, greekmom said:

There wasn't anything to indicate that the wife was forced to adopt a human form.

I find it interesting that she has let her human form age to be appropriate for Nick's 60+ age rather than remain looking like a 20-something as she did in her original 1990s appearance.

Charlayne Woodard is a good actress. When Fury asks her if she is in contact with Gravik she answers evasively and her voice goes up, like it does when people lie. Her body language is tremendously evocative both of conflicted feelings and hiding. If she gets fridged I'm going to be pissed, It is like the idea of the show is to clean out the extraneous female characters. Goose and her kittens should stay in space with Sabre.

I mean that, by the way.Where is this going? I understand Fury is different after the blip, I understand that he blew off his friends and I understand that a lot of those people were why he was a big deal originally. I understand we are learning things about him. Jackson's description of the colored cars on the train was well done and served to remind us that he is very old, indeed. The comparison between skrulls and black people is something they are working at, but since the skrulls aren't out in the open, they aren't facing real prejudice on earth. Of course, if people learn they are keeping their prime ministers and generals in pods and running their countries under false pretenses, I can see some justifiable resentment. I don't know if there will be time to deal with any of these, even Fury's feet of clay. I know, it is a set up for the movie, but that will have to be a lot of time consuming explosions and flying fist fights.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Affogato said:

Charlayne Woodard is a good actress. When Fury asks her if she is in contact with Gravik she answers evasively and her voice goes up, like it does when people lie. Her body language is tremendously evocative both of conflicted feelings and hiding. If she gets fridged I'm going to be pissed, It is like the idea of the show is to clean out the extraneous female characters. Goose and her kittens should stay in space with Sabre.

I mean that, by the way.Where is this going? I understand Fury is different after the blip, I understand that he blew off his friends and I understand that a lot of those people were why he was a big deal originally. I understand we are learning things about him. Jackson's description of the colored cars on the train was well done and served to remind us that he is very old, indeed. The comparison between skrulls and black people is something they are working at, but since the skrulls aren't out in the open, they aren't facing real prejudice on earth. Of course, if people learn they are keeping their prime ministers and generals in pods and running their countries under false pretenses, I can see some justifiable resentment. I don't know if there will be time to deal with any of these, even Fury's feet of clay. I know, it is a set up for the movie, but that will have to be a lot of time consuming explosions and flying fist fights.

It occurs to me that refugees and immigration are a big issue and it is probably addressing this issue. not well, though, because of the invasion aspect, which is pretty scary and widespread.

How much does the general population know about this stuff?  I honestly don't know. I am sure they know that superheroes exist and cause what must seem like random property damage. But do they know about the Kree and Scrulls in the MCU.

On 7/6/2023 at 3:42 PM, Chicago Redshirt said:

There wasn't anything to indicate that the wife was forced to adopt a human form.

I find it interesting that she has let her human form age to be appropriate for Nick's 60+ age rather than remain looking like a 20-something as she did in her original 1990s appearance.

that is actually rather nice. It appears they were close, whatever she is doing in the present day.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Affogato said:

How much does the general population know about this stuff?  I honestly don't know. I am sure they know that superheroes exist and cause what must seem like random property damage. But do they know about the Kree and Scrulls in the MCU.

The Skrull specifically because S.H.I.E.L.D. and their successors used the specific capabilities is unknown.  But its all connected and other shapeshifting aliens have been on the court news and in open Los Angeles County courts on She-Hulk.

Given other shows they should know all there is to know about Captain Marvel, thus the Kree  as the secrets did not survive the press digging after the Blip.

Hopefully, this isn't the end of G'iah; she at least deserves to fully reconcile with Taylos.  I admit, I love how Fury pronounces his name differently than everyone else. I'll bet that will come up later if a Skrull tries to impersonate Fury not knowing how he says Talos' name. Their interactions is what makes this show so awesome.

So Varra/Priscilla was talking to "Rhodey"? I didn't even pick up on that! I'm glad, because usually the show tells everything!

• Like 2

Anybody else really bored by this show that should really by a spy thriller with paranoia coming out of all of it's pores? Just me?

On 7/5/2023 at 5:21 PM, Spartan Girl said:

Supposedly there are Emilia Clarke scenes in the SI trailer that haven’t been in the show yet. So G’iah might be dead…but the human woman whose identity she stole might not be. Just a theory.

Nah, G'iah is just alive. Obvious fakeout was obvious. She probably got some of that super healing Gravik showed off this episode.

On 7/6/2023 at 5:00 PM, greekmom said:

No, the production forces her, because the makeup takes half a day.

On 7/7/2023 at 10:36 PM, Affogato said:

It occurs to me that refugees and immigration are a big issue and it is probably addressing this issue. not well, though, because of the invasion aspect, which is pretty scary and widespread.

Also they adressed that already in the Marvel universe, quite a few times. With the Asgardians and with the refugees/terrorists in Falkon and Winter Soldier.

They are covering the same ground over and over and over again.

• Applause 1
8 minutes ago, PurpleTentacle said:

Anybody else really bored by this show that should really by a spy thriller with paranoia coming out of all of it's pores? Just me?

Nah, G'iah is just alive. Obvious fakeout was obvious. She probably got some of that super healing Gravik showed off this episode.

No, the production forces her, because the makeup takes half a day.

Also they adressed that already in the Marvel universe, quite a few times. With the Asgardians and with the refugees/terrorists in Falkon and Winter Soldier.

They are covering the same ground over and over and over again.

I am still hoping for the turn that the slow starting Andor made, but we are half done.

K.E.V.I.N. steps up and enforces  again they want us to know she is a Skrull but she is very expensive.

The alien refugee should be a very big deal. Sure the world has gone through the snap and blip since that first alien invasion contact. But  Thor and She-Hulk laughed off the implications which makes The Falcon and Winter Soldier human dislocation story out of sync

• Like 3
(edited)
21 hours ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

So Varra/Priscilla was talking to "Rhodey"? 

Why is she keeping a pistol in a safe deposit box? She lives with  a version of Jason Bourne... that house should be full of guns....

Edited by paigow
  • Like 3
On 7/6/2023 at 11:00 AM, greekmom said:

I don't think it is a matter of force; it is more a matter of survival. It is the trade of spycraft and being with Fury.  Varra is still a Skrull undercover on Earth and the only place she could be herself was at home alone. When Fury pops back up, she has to play the part of Priscilla Fury because she never knows who is watching.

1 hour ago, paigow said:

Why is she keeping a pistol in a safe deposit box? She lives with a version of Jason Bourne... that house should be full of guns....

This had to be a special gun probably made to take Gravik out, I'll bet. 

6 hours ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

This had to be a special gun probably made to take Gravik out, I'll bet. 

Fury: I need to kill Gravik now...

Mrs. Fury: Drop me at the train station so I can catch the 10:30 to Downtown London....

31 minutes ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

You want to know what the real gag is? Gravik is preparing for the Avengers to get into the fight and it is entirely possible that Fury will never call them in.  We probably won't even see Carol...

Talos: When are you going to call the God Of Hammers?

Fury: My ass got fired... so no budget anymore...

• Like 3
51 minutes ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

You want to know what the real gag is? Gravik is preparing for the Avengers to get into the fight and it is entirely possible that Fury will never call them in.  We probably won't even see Carol...

Come to think on it the available Avengers with supernatural abilities are off world and those that remain all pilot suits, and while the Skrulls could presumably be a fake Sam Wilson where are they going to get a Falcon suit? I wouldn't be as concerned with Avengers as I would with King Valkyrie and her people defending the current Asgard. 

• Like 1

Late to the party with this one, but why would the Skrull general care about Fury killing - what is to him - some random kid? It's NOT his son, unless he's been impersonating the general for about 16 years. In which case, what was up with the early scene with the three Skrulls walking into the naval base? Where are they, what are they doing?

No, thinking about it, the Skrull!General can't be the real father, otherwise Real!General wouldn't have memories of Zach, and name his abort code after him! Skrull!General should have just let Fury kill the kid because he meant NOTHING to him!

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Captain Stable said:

Late to the party with this one, but why would the Skrull general care about Fury killing - what is to him - some random kid? It's NOT his son, unless he's been impersonating the general for about 16 years. In which case, what was up with the early scene with the three Skrulls walking into the naval base? Where are they, what are they doing?

No, thinking about it, the Skrull!General can't be the real father, otherwise Real!General wouldn't have memories of Zach, and name his abort code after him! Skrull!General should have just let Fury kill the kid because he meant NOTHING to him!

They were on the submarine as back and one attempted to reach over and turn both permission to fire keys when the abort code came.