Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Melissa McCarthy looks gorgeous in the hair and makeup department. Her dress looks like a giant raincoat though.

I concur. Hair and makeup are great. The dress is not great, but I rarely like her red carpet looks. 

Steve Carell! I love Steve and Nancy!

• Love 1

Channing Tatum just needs the little mustache to complete the Hitler style. That's what his hair reminds me of.

One of the problems with the faux cape look, especially Lopez's, is that it looks like they can't commit to wearing their cardigan so they just draped it over their shoulders with the top button done.

Edited by ABay
  • Love 2

Seriously, Giuliana looks like she's on the verge of starvation. 

Channing Tatum just needs the little mustache to complete the Hitler style. That's what his heair reminds me of.

Yes! I was wondering if it's for a role.

• Love 1

Taranji and Jussi Smullett being there reminds me of the overrated mess that is Empire.

The kid from Room is adorable. Lets hope he doesn't follow the depressing paths of so many child actors before him.

We get it Ryan you're short, enough with that joke already.

• Love 2

Another trend this season, dresses with pockets.

I am a big fan of dresses and skirts with pockets, so I cannot fault any of the ladies that are wearing them.

Taraji does look good. Does her dress have a cape or train? 

Lady Gaga looks great. She also has a nice looking arm candy.

Not loving Kate Hudson's dress. 

Rooney Mara looks like someone shredded her dress. Does she ever look happy? 

Edited by Misslindsey

Taranji and Jussi Smullett being there reminds me of the overrated mess that is Empire.

The kid from Room is adorable. Lets hope he doesn't follow the depressing paths of so many child actors before him.

We get it Ryan you're short, enough with that joke already.

I like Empire, so there is that.

Who is that kid?

Yes, Ryan is short, who cares?

Edited by Neurochick

Amy Adams does look good. She usually picks great red carpet looks.

I might be the only person that did not love Leo in The Revenant. Though I was not a fan of the movie either.

I really love all things Eddie Redmayne.

Kate Winslet looks great. I love the color of her dress.

Edited by Misslindsey

What the hell is going on with Katy Perry's face?

I could not even tell that it was Katy Perry. Maybe she needs a dancing shark for me to recognize her. She is making use of her bump-it.

Rami Malek looks awesome.

I think Jennifer Lawrence looks good, but I do not love her dress. It is fine, but I do not love it.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 2

I really don't like Jennifer Lawrence's hair like that. Katy Perry looked so trashy. Her dress was probably super expensive but all I could think was "White trash bridesmaid". 

Guiliana is wasting away before our very eyes. The microphone is thicker than her arms.

Edited by Spacecow
  • Love 1
Who is that kid?

Jacob Tremblay. He was in room with Brie Larson, one of the favorites to win Best Actress. He wasn't nominated for Globe but was nominated for a SAG for Best Supporting Actor. 

Is it possible she get thinner as the show goes on?

Honestly, I actually think she looks like she's put on a few pounds. Not much mind you but a little better. And believe me I was one of those genuinely worried about the way she looked last year, especially at the Grammys.

Edited by truthaboutluv

Honestly, I actually think she looks like she's put on a few pounds. Not much mind you but a little better. And believe me I was one of those genuinely worried about the way she looked last year, especially at the Grammys.

She probably has. I really only see Giuliana on these red carpet shows, so it is a bit jarring when I see her again each year. Though I did watch her reality show at one time. I know, I hate myself too.

Who is the lady that is on the red carpet with Ross Matthews? Should I know who she is?

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 1

Did Ryan just refer to Jada as Wil's son's mother?

Yup. She has been his step-mother for a long time, but yeah, that was a bit awkward. Though Ryan probably thinks they are talking about Jaden, because non-famous son is probably nonexistent in Ryan's world. Is non-famous son the one that Will wrote a song about many years ago?

Jon Hamm! 

Edited by Misslindsey