Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E06: Rap Sheets and Old Beefs

• Start Topic

An old wound threatens Kandi and Marlo's friendship, and Drew finds herself firmly planted in the middle; Sheree gets deep into her Glamma life as Kenya explores new business ventures and old grudges.

Airdate: 06.10.2023

Kandi and Marlo have a friendship?  And hooray, Kenya and old grudges!

• Like 3
(edited)

I’d be lying if I said I understand what’s going on with this show this season.  Oh, and, Bravo?  I’d be fine with never seeing Ralph on my tv again.

Edited by Axie
  • Like 12
  • Love 2

Why is it impossible for Marlo to speak calmly to get her point across and allow the other person to finish a sentence, calmly?

Sanya and her wanting to get pregnant, I do not buy it, she is so dependent on others to deal with her one child what makes her think her professional or personal life will be any different after baby number 2? I have a feeling her sister has been saying she and her family will be moving out a lot but never does.

Drew and Ralph have suddenly become Ozzie and Harriet? We know that does not last long.

Kenya is making a hair salon that will be Brooklyn's legacy? It won't last that long.  

Kandi did not owe Marlo anything other than an "I'm sorry for your loss, he seemed like a good guy," Marlo just wants to pick a fight to keep the drama going to keep her rotting peach.

• Like 15

Marlo is horrible. Going back in time made Marlo seem even worse.

Marlo seems to be going after Kandi because she thinks it will make her the star of the show. Marlo needs to realize tho her personality is shit. 

Is Kenya actually dating this Roi guy. It seems fake lol.

Ugh Ralph. Go away. 

This drama Marlo is trying to get going is just not entertaining. It’s so obvious how shitty Marlo is and what she’s trying to do with this fake outrage. Extra fake drama is not fun to watch.

Not a fan of stupid annoying Courtney.

Sanya meh. Seems like her family is basically her nannies so she can maybe stop lecturing and telling them to move out. Ross kind of comes off as a douche a lot of the time.

Those 4 in the escape room was obv a snooze fest the show didn’t even wanna show more then 10 seconds of it lol.

• Like 18

This so called drama is manufactured crap. They showed Kandi hugging Marlo and saying she was sorry about her nephew.  Marlo ranting about this years later is ridiculous and fake. I will say Kandis reaction looked real lol.  

Sanya looks like an asshole. She is the star of her house and seems to get off on it with her mother and sister as her audience. I could see Ross wanting their house back if he was ever home but that doesn’t seem to be the case.

Sherees grand baby is cute. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
10 hours ago, Marley said:

Marlo is horrible. Going back in time made Marlo seem even worse.

Marlo seems to be going after Kandi because she thinks it will make her the star of the show. Marlo needs to realize tho her personality is shit. 

Is Kenya actually dating this Roi guy. It seems fake lol.

Ugh Ralph. Go away. 

This drama Marlo is trying to get going is just not entertaining. It’s so obvious how shitty Marlo is and what she’s trying to do with this fake outrage. Extra fake drama is not fun to watch.

Not a fan of stupid annoying Courtney.

Sanya meh. Seems like her family is basically her nannies so she can maybe stop lecturing and telling them to move out. Ross kind of comes off as a douche a lot of the time.

Those 4 in the escape room was obv a snooze fest the show didn’t even wanna show more then 10 seconds of it lol.

Right??  I thought it was part of the coming attractions and it wasn't.  It was the current episode. LOL

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Marlo's "storyline" regarding the death of her nephew really underscores what a horrible mentally disturbed person she truly is.

The footage when Marlo told Kandi about the death showed a completely normal reaction by Kandi to being informed that a co-worker/casual friend's nephew had died. You express condolences at that time and then you forget about it. 

I don't consider myself particularly hard hearted but I don't send flowers every time I hear of a death or serious illness of someone who isn't a close friend or relative. 

More importantly I don't have any expectation that someone is going to send me flowers in that situation. When my brother died people who I worked with (i.e. casual co-workers) expressed their condolences the first time we saw each other when I got back to work. That was all I expected - I didn't even have any expectation of a sympathy card. 

Same kind of weird entitlement that somehow Kandi should have used connections to help her get her arrest expunged? I mean WFT - maybe if Kandi were a criminal attorney of some kind Marlo could have approached her for advice on how the process works but why in the world would Kandi have any ability to help her more than any other person.

If she truly believes that Kandi acted inappropriately and that somehow Kandi should have acted differently her transactions with the world must be extremely difficult and cause her a lot of issues because she is viewing the world with very warped vision and if she is acting on that warped vision, of course she is going to have problems with any kind of relationship with people eventually.

And the alternative is really just as bad - that she is using the death of her nephew in a completely cynical manner - to make Kandi look as bad as possible.

But I do believe that Marlo's behavior is so obviously either cynical or insane, that it is backfiring

• Like 5
  • Applause 8
16 minutes ago, amarante said:

The footage when Marlo told Kandi about the death showed a completely normal reaction by Kandi to being informed that a co-worker/casual friend's nephew had died. You express condolences at that time and then you forget about it. 

I felt like the editors were trying really hard to get us to be on Marlo's side after the argument at the escape room place.  But all of the prior stuff was so bad.  Especially since it appeared that this happened around the time Kandi's daughter was graduating, so she had just a FEW other things to think about at the time anyway.

• Like 7

I will hand it to Kandi for being able to tell when someone is trying to make her look bad, just leave the scene is a good MO but sad Kandi told Marlo she wanted to choke her...that is just fuel for the flames that is Marlo.

I was under the impression that Marlo's nephew getting shot was a recent event, is it old news?

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, TexasGal said:

I felt like the editors were trying really hard to get us to be on Marlo's side after the argument at the escape room place.  But all of the prior stuff was so bad.  Especially since it appeared that this happened around the time Kandi's daughter was graduating, so she had just a FEW other things to think about at the time anyway.

Interesting because my reaction to the "old" footage was completely opposite.

It showed Kandi acting in a completely normal manner when Marlo first informed her of the nephew's death when it happened two years ago. She expressed condolences - comforted her in the moment - and then forgot about it until Marlo decided to resurrect it out of the blue.

The only reasonable purpose for Marlo's action was to deliberately make Kandi look bad.

There is an interesting recap on Vulture - the Vulture recaps are generally quite good

https://www.vulture.com/article/the-real-housewives-of-atlanta-season-15-episode-6-rap-sheets-and-old-beefs.html

This extended scene, which we previously saw only a snippet of, shows the empathy Marlo claimed to be missing from the exchange. It’s also important to note that Marlo never used Quentin’s name, at least not in this particular footage, so it’s plausible that Kandi didn’t know which nephew Marlo was referring to. In her dry Kandi way, Kandi did show compassion for Marlo, both in person and in her confessional, where she touches on her own close relationship with her cousins. She even opened up about her brother, who died at 23 in a car crash, a subject we rarely hear her or Mama Joyce speak about. His name was Patrick Riley, so we can only assume Kandi’s daughter is his namesake.

Marlo is a textbook example of how trauma follows us into adulthood. We don’t need a degree in psychology to note that during her time on the show, virtually every issue she’s had with the ladies involves her not feeling seen, heard, and loved, all the things that were missing in her childhood. She wants everyone to cater to her and expects even more love when she’s acting out, perenially a child who chooses bad behavior to get attention. Marlo would throw mud in someone’s face and then get upset when that person, muddied face and all, didn’t hug her and ask why she was misbehaving. But Marlo is no longer a child, and these women do not owe her the love she didn’t get from her mother or foster parents, especially not when Marlo spews her venom at them. As Lala said about Raquel on WWHL, I don’t think reality TV is a conducive space for Marlo to heal and find the love she needs and deserves. And, frankly, it’s not fun to watch; it feels exploitative.

• Like 5
  • Applause 7
7 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

And Marlo is still mad about how Kandi never sent flowers!?!?  Marlo is holding on to that rotting peach by just the tip of her fingers!

3 years of Marlo being around Kandi and having ZERO interest in bringing this up like seriously

• Like 8
17 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

And Marlo is still mad about how Kandi never sent flowers!?!?  Marlo is holding on to that rotting peach by just the tip of her fingers!

Plus do you usually send flowers to the aunt of an adult nephew?

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
(edited)
1 hour ago, Chatty Cake said:

Plus do you usually send flowers to the aunt of an adult nephew?

Or cater the wake or gathering. 
Vicki from Orange County had a similarly unhinged narcissistic reaction because people didn’t bring casseroles in sufficient quantity when her mother died. 🤷‍♀️😂

Edited by amarante
  • Like 1
  • LOL 10
(edited)

Marlo didn't seem too upset in the 2020 scenes Bravo showed, and judging by Kandi's texts after her nephew died. She was also friends with Kandi, but this changed in the meantime. She suddenly remembered two plus years after how upset she was Kandi didn't offer proper condolences. The nephew was not Kandi's employee when he died, and he was not killed at Kandi's restaurant, but Marlo tried to imply that. I think her purpose is dual: a storyline because she has none, and to hurt Kandi, the star of the show, so she might elevate herself.

Sanya is boring. Her mother, and sister were angry and bitter about having to leave the house along their spouses and kids (they were living for a couple of years already at this house), and it seems to me Sanya was using her husband as an excuse- that he wanted them to leave, not her. I don't doubt though that she liked the cooking and babysitting they provided.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 5
1 hour ago, ZettaK said:

Marlo didn't seem too upset in the 2020 scenes Bravo showed, and judging by Kandi's texts after her nephew died. She was also friends with Kandi, but this changed in the meantime. She suddenly remembered two plus years after how upset she was Kandi didn't offer proper condolences. The nephew was not Kandi's employee when he died, and he was not killed at Kandi's restaurant, but Marlo tried to imply that. I think her purpose is dual: a storyline because she has none, and to hurt Kandi, the star of the show, so she might elevate herself.

This. Marlo then dragging her other family members in it saying how they expected Kandi to cater it all or basically pay for everything, when this was an ex-employee of hers. I feel like Marlo is doing anything to hold onto her peach. I remember Sheree and Marlo attempted to try to come for Kandi last season with some BS about not being there for them. The other argument that Marlo tried to make is that everyone goes easy on Kandi and do not go after her, which I think is untrue. Drew seems to be a good terms with Kandi, so she probably tried to bring the shooting up in a more delicate way than someone Kandi is not on good terms with. I think that people have tried to come for Kandi before. Do we not remember Phaedra's made up rumor about Kandi that she used Porsha to broadcast it? I distinctly remember Nene and Kandi getting into arguments. This all just feels like reaching on Marlo's part. I should watch Kandi's "Speak On It" to see what she says about everything.

• Like 6
On 6/12/2023 at 11:41 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

These producers have got to start demanding more from these Housewives than made up storylines and fake outrage. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 1

WTF!!!! Marlo has lost her ever loving mind!  

I appreciate Bravo so much for showing that unseen clip of Kandi doing EXACTLY what Marlo accuses her of NOT doing.  Even Marlo's recall of what went down when she went off on Drew was a total lie.  She told her two "friends" that she was just sitting there taking to Drew when Drew went off on her???  HUH?  Roll the clip please!

Love Kandie and it was satisfying to see her go off on Marlo.  Hell, she threatened Kenya to not lay hands on her when she is going off!  I don't know why Marlo picked this as a reason to go after Kandi.  I guess last year's "Kandi is just not there for me" narrative didn't work so she needed double down and give details.  Too bad those details do not match what really happened.

Love that Kandie and Kenya are friends.  I did not like Kenya but have seen a different side of her ever since she had her daughter, I can't remember her name.  Prior to that, Kenya's story was the hurt she grew up in and has lived with, that her mother did not have her in her life.  The way Kenya is with her daughter is so refreshing to see, especially on this type of realty show which is usually backstabbing, fake and screechy.  So, Kenya is ok in my books just from the way she is with her daughter.  

• Like 7