Type keyword(s) to search

Utopia (US) Live Feed Discussion

Production seems determined to bring a Tea-Partier in. Wasn't whats-her-face, the loud and endowed candidate who was rejected for Cal, also a Tea Party supporter?

And pairing this guy with an effeminate hairdresser seems obviously aimed at getting some Red/Blue friction going.

As far as I remember, Rhonda, who came in with Kristen and was rejected to keep Kristen was a Tea-Partier. I can't recall Katie, who came in with Cal, to have anything to do with the Tea-Party.

edit: And again I'm much to late - sorry for that

Edited by Alia
  • Love 1

Maybe, I don't remember her mentioning it.  Just seems that most polyamorous vegans who don't believe in religion wouldn't find too much in common with the tenets of the Tea Party but I could be wrong.  

I do remember Dedeker saying she had absolutely no interest in Mike because he said he was a registered Republican.  She only changed her mind when he said he voted for Obama and will vote for Hillary. 

Oh, that's right, Katie was the "animal rights activist."

That's funny about Mike. Was he being serious about Obama and Hilary, or was that just a lie to get Dedeker on his side? If so, she certainly got fished in on that one. She seems very gullible around men.

If true, I guess Mike's registering as a Republican was some kind of freaky college experimentation? Did he inhale?

Edited by In Pog Form

I saw this comment in a response to one of the questions about whether or not he knew Aaron was stealing from the group asked to Rob during his "Ask Me Anything" on Reddit:

oh and did you know that he spent 300 dollars on a pair of shoes from the group account.

Does anyone know if this is true? I could definitely see it happening given that it is Shady Chef.

Speaking of Aaron, he and Kristen need to be nominated for replacement next time. He is just so incredibly negative, hateful and spiteful and I can't believe that the group was so broken up that he was up for replacement this last time. During the vote, many of them stated what a great chef he is and how they wouldn't have survived the first few weeks without him and his "cooking skills" to save them. I'd like to know what these people usually eat if they think he's a good "chef." He's just an embarrassment to the profession in addition to being an embarrassment to the Army. He needs to stop wearing his Army clothing - it's just disrespectful for him to behave the way he does while wearing it.  I wonder if he'll become any more self aware if he's nominated for replacement again - it seemed to help send a message to Bri, but I have a feeling we won't get quite so lucky with Shady Chef.

Kristen is his little toadie and she's just stirring the pot more and more and doing whatever Aaron wants. It seems as though she may have a bit of a thing for him but he doesn't seem to be into her at all in that way. I really want to see what happens to her and how she behaves once Aaron is out of there and she is on her own. 

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 4

That's funny about Mike. Was he being serious about Obama and Hilary, or was that just a lie to get Dedeker on his side? If so, she certainly got fished in on that one. She seems very gullible around men.

Probably two-fold--he definitely told her that to get her on his side, but he probably votes that way out of guilt for having a wealthy family.  He seems the type of conflicted person who wants to live one way but vote another.  

Why is Cal still there?  Isn't he leaving?  Please say he is!

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 3

Why is Cal still there?  Isn't he leaving?  Please say he is!

Since I don't think the group was able to come up with a  Mission Statement that they could all agree on or that was up to par with what Cal wants, I really hope he makes good on his promise to leave if they didn't have one. I think the only Mission Statement that Cal would accept would be something along the lines of how they were all there to serve him because he's so perfect and he's the only one that can save them as well as Utopia.

• Love 4

Wait, my feeds were muted when Hex asked Jeremy about Sandy Hook.   I don't think he actually said it was a conspiracy by Obama to implement gun control.  When the feeds un-muted, they were talking about martial law.

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 2

Said he was on the USS Constitution.

The USS Constitution is a legitimate navy ship;  I think its purpose is training cadets and historical stuff.  If he was assigned to it, that would be something to be proud of.

bWP4JIh.jpg

Edited by clod
  • Love 7

Seriously. There is no one left in the whole of the US that they can find to be in this show that is mostly normal and has some skills? The producers should ALL be fired. I no longer blame the cast, this is production's fault 100%. The stuff that one of the new guys is saying is just so off-the-mark, I don't even get what they are thinking when they pick these people. Obviously, they picked Cal as their Christ-like savior that has actual commune experience and that is not panning out because he is a cultish, sexually inappropriate, misogynist, racist!  This show is officially lost. Cancellation cannot come soon enough.  Plus they never show the animals hardly at all and that is sort-of a positive. 

• Love 8

The USS Constitution is in my backyard and I was born a few blocks away at the old Chelsea Naval Hospital! It's a beautiful ship and I love visiting. She's been taken to dry dock for some repairs/rehab so it will be awhile before she's back at the Charlestown Navy Yard.

Back to the show... If James did serve on "Old Ironsides", he must have been a model sailor. From what I understand, that's a plum assignment and not easy to get.

I'm sure most of the male Dopes won't like these newbies just because they're "competition". They want new females to screw since they've boinked any of the girls they' ve deemed boinkable.

• Love 5

James sure knows how to work a room.  So far, he's helped "Miss Bella" shop online for makeup, promised Kristen to style her mohawk, tearfully told Hex how much she has changed his life by accepting Pastor Jon even though she is a non-believer and now he is having a heart-to-heart with Aaron about his own great understanding of racism in the south.  He asked Aaron for his permission to explain to the others that Aaron is not an angry man, but a misunderstood man and he didn't overreact to the charges of racism in Utopia.  Aaron promised his vote will go to James.   

Now James is zeroing in on Cal by offering to shave Cal's head.  Good luck with that one, James.

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 5

I don't care if the bed swap was staged.  Even though I really like Josh, I voted for a bed reward in the hope that he would give it to Amanda.

I've been keeping up with daily life by reading All of Utopia.  I'm convinced that site is aimed at teenage boys.  Sample entry from yesterday -

11:00 a.m. Tex
Hex was in the shower and asked Dedeker if Taylor was around. Taylor peeked inside the shower and then joined her. Hex was sucking his cock.

Uh, ok then......  Hex was really concerned about embarrassing her family - for a few hours.

• Love 4

11:00 a.m. Tex

Hex was in the shower and asked Dedeker if Taylor was around. Taylor peeked inside the shower and then joined her. Hex was sucking his cock.

Must have will power... must be strong... must resist temptatio--

[singing]This is Blowtopiaaaaa[/singing]

• Love 8

James sure knows how to work a room.  So far, he's helped "Miss Bella" shop online for makeup, promised Kristen to style her mohawk, tearfully told Hex how much she has changed his life by accepting Pastor Jon even though she is a non-believer and now he is having a heart-to-heart with Aaron about his own great understanding of racism in the south.  He asked Aaron for his permission to explain to the others that Aaron is not an angry man, but a misunderstood man and he didn't overreact to the charges of racism in Utopia.  Aaron promised his vote will go to James.   

Now James is zeroing in on Cal by offering to shave Cal's head.  Good luck with that one, James.

Wait, why are they voting?  Is this the replacement for Rob?

What about the replacements for Mike and Bri?

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo, reading the recap, can someone explain how it was the Dede and Nikki were talking about mattresses and what size they should make the bed frames BEFORE Josh was announced as a winner and a huge bed was his prize??????

• Love 1

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo, reading the recap, can someone explain how it was the Dede and Nikki were talking about mattresses and what size they should make the bed frames BEFORE Josh was announced as a winner and a huge bed was his prize??????

Perhaps Josh heard that his prize would be a "big ass bed" (as someone kept proclaiming it on the video) and he asked the producers if they could exchange it for 15 mattresses, and he could make the bed frames.  THEN production decided it would be a good idea to BRING IN  the largest bed they could find, on a big truck, and go through the whole "reveal", and then have Josh make the request to exchange it.   

Because really, the bed was made up with pillows, sheets,  and a bedspread and everything -   anyone who has ever had a bed delivered knows that is FAKE FAKE FAKE.  It would come in boxes, to be assembled, and the bedding would be in a separate shipment.  And a delivery guy would have you sign to accept, or you can say you don't want it.  But he would be in no position to offer to take it back and negotiate an exchange for you.  

This was staged, so that we would SEE the bed, and then Josh sends it back.  

On one of the other sites, I saw a reference that production had them re-stage Bri's departure, to get better angles and stuff.  So they had to re-enact the whole thing.   I thought that was hilarious, but it makes me think that scenes might often be re-enacted in order to increase the dramatic effect. 

Director:  "OK, Rob, that was good, but could you do it again?  This time try screaming FIRST, then throwing stuff.  And turn a little more toward the camera when you make that face. Bella, a want a really high pitched scream in reaction.   No giggling this time.  Now take it from the point that Rob walks in." 

• Love 8

Newbie James and Bella milking Betsy.  James tells Bella that he watches the live feeds and gives the chats a piece of his mind when they talk bad about Bella.  He tells her he was so proud of her when her paintings sold for so much and that he let the chats "have it" when they ragged on Bella for ordering so much organic food before her paintings sold.  He said he logged in under his boyfriend's name so he wouldn't bring attention to himself.  She's eating this attention up.  Bella Dubois's accent is so thick you could wade in it--"why shugah, you are like my long lost friiiiiend that I've been waitin' for.  Now let's go get the cheekins in. Come own now."   Welcome to A Streetcar Named Utopia.

Yuck. 

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 9

After not watching the show since the first week, I tried to watch the most recent episode.  Cal was still new, and it was just so behind what's currently happening, that I shut it off.  I never watched the Big Brother feeds, but I know that the TV show was always less than a week behind current events. 

• Love 3
I never watched the Big Brother feeds, but I know that the TV show was always less than a week behind current events.

The really weird thing is that due to last week's bye due to the World Series, this Friday's show will have 14+ days of nonsense from which to render down into an hour -- since the last show had clips up until the Tuesday after Rob's wedding.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 1

So it looks like Cal is still there. I'm sick of him poisoning the well.

If he's eligible for the next replacement, I want Aaron, Kristen, and Cal on the chopping block. I hope that that will make Cal STFU & GTFO by quitting, so that Aaron or Kristen get booted too.

• Love 3

Newbie James and Bella milking Betsy.  James tells Bella that he watches the live feeds and gives the chats a piece of his mind when they talk bad about Bella.  He tells her he was so proud of her when her paintings sold for so much and that he let the chats "have it" when they ragged on Bella for ordering so much organic food before her paintings sold.  He said he logged in under his boyfriend's name so he wouldn't bring attention to himself.  She's eating this attention up.  Bella Dubois's accent is so thick you could wade in it--"why shugah, you are like my long lost friiiiiend that I've been waitin' for.  Now let's go get the cheekins in. Come own now."   Welcome to A Streetcar Named Utopia.

Yuck. 

I wonder who gets cast in the Brando role.  BELLAAAA!!!  BELLAAA!!

• Love 6

I missed the part where the new Utopians came in, and am shamelessly repeating the things I've read on other Utopian chat rooms and discussion forums.  You've been warned.

James (age 47, grew up in the same town that the Duck Dynasty family lives in) - came out to parents at 13, sent to a mental institution where he endured electroshock treatments in an attempt to make him straight.  Kicked out of family home at 16 when the treatments and therapy didn't 'work'.  Stabbed at a gay pride parade, beaten up a lot, had his fingers broken and now he can't straighten them all the way out.

Had a partner for 20 years, had to keep in quiet because his partner was in the military.  Partner killed in  Fallujah, couldn't get survivors benefits because they weren't married.

Rough life, no wonder he handles the Utopians so well, he's spent his life trying to find ways to not get his butt kicked.

Jeremy was quiet for a while, but then started to talk.  He tells some of the Utopians that there is an Ebola outbreak here in the US.  He blames Obama for not closing the borders.  Can't wait until Bella finds out about this, she'll be screaming for her holy basil in a heartbeat.

Feeds went off for awhile while there was some sort of safety meeting and some maintenance being done.  The Utopians must have been sequestered inside because when the feeds come back they are surprised to find their grocery order on the deck outside.

The order is wrong, and Aaron throws a fit (I gotta wonder if they do that just to see what happens).  They can't find the receipt, so Aaron says that because every time the order is wrong he sends 'them' an angry email, so he thinks that the lack of a receipt means that 'they' gave the group the food for free.

Nikki continues to spend a lot of time with Cal and may be absorbing some of his prejudices, because Josh tells Hex that Nikki said he was selfish because he made a bed frame (with headboard) to go with his mattress set.  She may have been referring to him using community resources (wood) without asking the group for permission first, but this is one of Cal's many complaints against Josh so...

Settle Nikki, I'm sure he'll make everyone a bed in due time.  Now that he's made one and it hopefully doesn't collapse in the night, I'm sure that Amanda will be next.  Everyone else can just get in line.

There's supposed to be some sort of mediation on Thursday regarding the 'food situation', and Aaron wants to choose the mediator because he feels he won't get a fair shake from Ernesto.  Dede is the current head of government so she agrees to let Aaron choose the mediator.  I'm not sure what this is about, unless it's the pea situation. 

Oh, Cal wanted to go up against Aaron for throwing out the peas, but he talked Nikki into submitting the complaint for him under her name.  OK, that explains why the chat boards were happy that Dede told Nikki about the pending mediation, but I don't think that Dede told Nikki that Aaron gets to choose the mediator.  With the sound being cut off seemingly at random, it's a murky situation.  We'll have to wait and see how it all shakes out.

This does explain why dinner tonight (served at about 8:30) was a chicken curry or maybe jerk chicken served family style.  It doesn't look very good, but Aaron had to do something since the last two meals he served were not very good, and he completely forgot lunch after that.  But Aaron can't really let the control go, he insists that everyone only gets one piece of chicken.

James, who makes no secret of having watched the feeds from day 1 isn't eating much.  Earlier he washed the dishes and made sure to clean the stove, asking if there was sanitizer he could use.  But he's still seen too many times when Aaron blew his nose around the food and didn't wash his hands, dropped things on the floor and put them in the food, and all the double/triple/etc tasting he does with the same unwashed spoon!

That can't be it.  Amanda is sitting at the table but just pushing her food around, not eating.  James leans over and whispers something to her and she suddenly starts eating like she's really hungry! 

Since James was in the kitchen, maybe he was able to reassure her that there are no boogers in the food, but why isn't he eating?  Does the food just taste like crap and he's not hungry enough to eat it?

Dede announces that tomorrow (Thursday) morning at breakfast there will be no talking.  She's heard about a monastery in N. California that doesn't talk and she thinks it sounds great, so no talking during breakfast!  I hope they eat early enough for me to see that.  I'd like to see if they can pull that off.  Will Cal be able to stop moaning all during breakfast?  Or will he decide that since he's not actually saying words he can vocalize all he wants?  Has anyone ever asked him why he does that?  Is it even possible he's not aware he does it?

Well.  The conversation has now shifted to grilling Jeremy and James.  What do you think about this?  How do you handle conflict?  Josh seems to be unhappy with James. 

James starts talking about how he's watched the feeds, starts telling them about some of the things that people online are talking about.  I'm missing a lot due to bad feeds.  Some of them are looking a bit nervous, I think they still believe that nothing of import is really shown on the live feeds. 

James is called to Production.  Bet he's going to get his hand slapped.  The Utopians have dedicated themselves to reassuring each other that feedsters don't know what's really going on, and James was spilling the beans.  No one likes to hear bad things about themselves, James may have just talked himself out of Utopia.  Jeremy, who is a proud member of the Tea Party might just be chosen to stay.

Jeremy has a good back story, being a disabled vet.  He's also a proud member of the Tea Party, has a hilarious (not) story to tell about how one of his friends shoved a cat down in a box and then peed on it to punish it for peeing on the bed.  (I've had that happen once, and I did not do that to my cat.  I washed the bedding and rubber backed mattress pad [essential if you have pets] and took Kitty to the vet where she was treated for a UTI.)  He also says his wife has a bit of the "Downs" for marrying him, and people who threaten to quit the show need to "shake the sand out of their p---y and man up".  The misogyny, it burns in Utopia.

Bella chooses this time to start talking about recycling human waste into compost again.  She's found a friend in James and has a new relief on life, so she can start spreading her crap all over again (yes, that was a deliberate pun).  Even Jeremy, who is a plumber, looks befuddled.

Hex has also found strength from talking to James.  Earlier in the day he told her that watching her on the feeds made him question some things about himself, and he thanked her for that.  She spent a lot of time after that bashing religion to a confused looking Taylor, and now she's sharing her wisdom with everyone else.  Even Josh looks like he thinks she's nuts.  Is this the same person who was crying because she thought that feedsters would nominate her for eviction because she is an atheist?  She's getting skewered online by people of various religions and atheists alike.  She seems to have read a few things here or there, and considered it Truth.  She thinks that all Christians everywhere hate gays, for example, and hate all atheists.  Good thing she's young yet, she might learn a few things and moderate her opinions over time.

Josh is not helping, he's accusing her of being immoral for having sex in the bushes.  Way to go Josh, it's not like you've never done the same thing.  Taylor supports Josh so no more BJ's for him, at least until Hex starts feeling insecure again about not having a man in her life. 

This whole stupid argument went on until after 11, and most people just left.  James came back from Production and went to help Dede with her soap making.  I think some of them stayed up later than that, but I checked out.

• Love 9
Nikki said he was selfish because he made a bed frame (with headboard) to go with his mattress set.

Well, A) he "traded" his prize so they could all have mattresses so maybe they could cut him some slack for using some materials to make a headboard as a substitute prize for himself; and B) there's nothing to stop her from making a headboard of her own, if she really wants to - I'm sure Josh would be willing to help and or teach her how; and C) he's probably going to do most of the work involved in making headboards for the rest of them so maybe she shouldn't quibble about him having the first one.   I hope Nikki's not becoming poisoned against Josh.

That said, Shut Up, Josh.  For this:  

Josh is not helping, he's accusing her of being immoral for having sex in the bushes.

Ugh.  Don't be a hypocrite, Josh.   

Dede announces that tomorrow (Thursday) morning at breakfast there will be no talking.

I can only imagine the reaction Production had to that idea.  People sitting around silently wouldn't make for good live feeds for long.  But I can't imagine this group could stay silent for long anyway.  Especially Bella.   

Aaron wants to choose the mediator

Kristen?

So it looks like Cal is still there. I'm sick of him poisoning the well.

Phooey.  Production should have let him go the second he said he was considering it.  Instead we've probably got another couple of weeks of him trying to lure Nikki into his cult.  

• Love 6

another couple of weeks of him trying to lure Nikki into his cult

I'm waiting for him to have a skywriter write "Surrender Nikki" and for him to say "I'll get you, my pretty" any moment now.

I'm not seeing the big deal about the head board.  As ElleryAnne said, he traded "his" reward for beds for everyone (and I am so so sure Production had absolutely nothing to do with this).  If he wants a head board - so what?  And given that a head board is not the most important part of a bed, who gives a fuck?  If I am sleeping on a mattress after a couple weeks on the floor, I'd be pretty damn happy.

Edited by DeLurker
  • Love 5

Its 9:30 am in Udopia and Aaron has announced breakfast should be ready in 45 minutes.  Isn't he the one who complained that Nikki always had the meals too late?  Of course.  

I wonder who gets cast in the Brando role.  BELLAAAA!!!  BELLAAA!!

You got it!  You really got it!  lol

So, James also shared with the group that he is a "crown wearing, sash winning, 5 inch heel wearing.....drag queen!!!"   His stage name is "Fi-Fi Frost, the bastard child of Jack Frost and Mrs. Santa Claus--because Santa only comes once a year."  After one drink, however, his name becomes "If-If."  

I'm not surprised that production shut down the forum reports from James, he walked thru the gates giving each Dope a play-by-play account of how they're being perceived (and often persecuted) by the masses.  He was clearly using it as another tool to get the votes.  James is like trying a new flavor of ice cream.  The first few bites are good because they're different so you begin eating faster, and it ends up giving you a roaring headache.  

Don't know much about Jeremy other than what's been previously reported.  Its pretty obvious (at least to me) that the agenda is to get James voted in.  I'm just gonna sit in the front row and watch for the first Bella/James meltdown--you know its inevitable.  

And yes, Cal is still there.  So much for being a man of his word. 

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 4
Its pretty obvious (at least to me) that the agenda is to get James voted in.

I agree with this assessment 100%.  It almost seems like production is now TELLING them who will be kept.

Although, the more Jeremy talks, the more crazy he seems as well.  But James seems more volatile.

And, boy, that yellow table and one green wall have REALLY changed the way I percieve the show!

• Love 4
I agree with this assessment 100%.  It almost seems like production is now TELLING them who will be kept.

You mean like the way they called for a do-over when they voted out Aaron?  I didn't see the feed but it sounded pretty clear from the desciptions.  'Votes' on this show mean less than Mr. Pringles' descriptions these assholes as 'self-sufficient', which is to say less than nothing.

Edited by henripootel
  • Love 3

I watched the 'silent breakfast' and it was awkward.  Everyone ate quickly.  Hex finished and immediately opened up a bag of ramen noodles so I guess Aaron's breakfast wasn't enough.  Dede finally told everyone that she appreciated their effort, she hoped they got something out of it, and they could start talking now.  The people still at the table waited maybe a minute before she left to start whispering and then talking out loud.

The Utopians seem to be trapped in the house because they're all still there, and there's the sound of jackhammers going on outside.  I guess that production isn't interfering again, and any changes made outside will either be passed off as having always been there or as some kind of magical thing that just happened to appear. 

Aaron is telling Kristen that she's dependent on something that isn't good for her, but I don't know what it is.  Why does he care?  He talks to her like she's irrelevant and stupid.  Maybe he's worried that Jason is going to steal her away.

Jason is talking to Amanda about her pregnancy.  Seems he rode on top of her bladder and made her pee a lot.  She always told him he was difficult.  He says that he thinks that a child could always tell when he was not wanted.  Amanda asks "Even in the womb?", and he reply's "Yep."

Can't report more, as I have to go.  Hope someone else picks up on this.

• Love 6

And yes, Cal is still there. So much for being a man of his word.

Don't forget that Cal believes that actions matter, and words are meaningless. Which makes perfect sense, since Cal constantly spews bullshit and he enjoys doing jack shit, when he's throwing his usual tantrum.

• Love 3

Don't forget that Cal believes that actions matter, and words are meaningless. Which makes perfect sense, since Cal constantly spews bullshit and he enjoys doing jack shit, when he's throwing his usual tantrum.

These people are so tiresome. Why can't they find some fun replacements? Rocking the crazy has gotten real old here.

• Love 7

For a second, I thought he was showing remarkable self-awareness.  Then I realized he didn't mean himself.

yeah, I also thought he might have been referring to himself.

-------------------

what improvements do you think are taking place outside?   maybe a kiln?

interesting that production is giving them paint and countertops and other stuff (?)

I guess they decided to make it look like a home.   worth a shot.   might stimulate activity.

Edited by clod
  • Love 3

These people are so tiresome. Why can't they find some fun replacements? Rocking the crazy has gotten real old here.

What gets me is how tired these casting decisions are.  It's like a run-of-the-mill sitcom.  "He's a tea-party conservative.  She's a polyamorous liberal.  And they're roommates!  Tune in for the wacky hijinks this Friday on FOX!"  It's like a sitcom parody you'd find in an episode of the Simpsons.  

And they already tried it and the ratings tanked.  But, by gum, they're going to keep doing it.

• Love 10

what improvements do you think are taking place outside?

Per updates on Twitter, there are a lot of new plants around the compound. The only problem I foresee is that several of them are in pots and if nobody waters them they will be as dead as most of the sod throughout Utopia.

ETA: If some of the glass blowing equipment that arrived today was some of Chris' personal stuff from home, who paid to ship it here from his home ?

They might as well start selling sponsorships and paint corporate sponsor logos on everything -- just like the pioneers did in olden times.

Did the pioneers have to pay for all the new plants that arrived ? Did they have to pay for the paint ? Did they have to pay for that big piece of plexiglass they installed on the workshop today ? Or the cylinders of gas for Chris to use to blowing glass (because those aren't cheap) ?

I wish they would toss Shadychef's ass out of the kitchen at least, if not out of the compound.  Everyone seemed really happy with Nikki/Cal's cooking last week -- and now they are back to two meals a day (late meals at that) of prison food despite all the promises Shadychef made about how he would improve the cooking situation before the vote.  At least Amanda knows enough to go back to cooking her own food.

Edited by ottoDbusdriver
  • Love 6

James has been working on Bella's hair and makeup all afternoon, apparently. She is all excited about the big reveal of her new look to the rest of the Dopes, although she is also not going to hang her self-esteem on their reactions. For hours, James has been listening to Bella babble on and on and on. Every time he starts to tell a story, she interrupts to say something about herself. Then she says "Oh but anyway, go on about that, I'm sorry." He made reference to his hands shaking being a result of nerve damage and PTSD, and she said in succession that she had cut off her thumb and had it reattached (the doctors told her she'd never be able to use it again, but she "reconnected it" with mind over matter), and that she also "used to have PTSD."

Now with the curling done, Bella's all ready for her closeup!

Orq2H46.png

Or the prom.

s2zhfXQ.png

Edited by Etta Place
  • Love 4

Well, that should be one vote for James locked away.  And from those two pictures, she looks nice; good for Bella, even though she's still a handful to be around.

Since they lost 3 people in 3 days (Bri, Mike, Aar- er, I mean Rob), are we going to see 2 more new candidates as soon as they've voted on these?  Or will Bri and Mike be replaced later by a direct producer choice, and James and Jeremy are the replacements for evicted Rob only?  I seem to have misplaced my own, but I assume someone can refer to their own copy of the "Utopia Rules and Regulations" to help ensure there's no ambiguity or inconsistency in how the show is run.

• Love 3

James and Jeremy are there as replacement for Rob.

Replacements for Bri and Mike will be arriving within the week, although Jon Kroll has tweeted something that sounds like they're at least entertaining the idea of keeping both J's.  Doesn't matter what the posted rules are, Production changes them on a whim.

• Love 8

I was away from the feeds most of today (life, you know sometimes gets in the way of reality TV) but when I checked in, James was telling Bella something about "if Amanda brings it up again...." then Bella interrupted with, "I'll just walk away, I'll just tell her this conversation has come to an end and then I'll just walk away."  Said, of course, in her best Bella Dubois ak-see-ent.   I checked with Jokers and found something about Amanda confronting Bella about Bella talking to the midwife but that's all I can find.  Anybody here know anything?

• Love 1

What gets me is how tired these casting decisions are.  It's like a run-of-the-mill sitcom.  "He's a tea-party conservative.  She's a polyamorous liberal.  And they're roommates!  Tune in for the wacky hijinks this Friday on FOX!"  It's like a sitcom parody you'd find in an episode of the Simpsons.  

And they already tried it and the ratings tanked.  But, by gum, they're going to keep doing it.

Exactly.

• Love 4