Type keyword(s) to search

Utopia (US) Live Feed Discussion

No, Taylor didn't warm the milk and it was 61 degrees outside, so I don't think it was out long enough to even take the chill off of it.  And Mike fed the calf this morning, holding the bottle in such a way that the poor little calf had to stand in a crouched position just to get to it.  But they were too busy gossiping to notice.

Dedeker makes cheese and butter from the cow's milk for the group to use.

• Love 3

Regarding the bloody milk, pretty sure that's people going batshit trying to get the milking done quickly. Someone needs to teach them how to milk. :-\

From allutopia.com: "Josh is surprised that he likes Amanda so much. He’s never really gotten along with black women."

Crudely put, but THIS was heartwarming. I really wish Josh hadn't been such an ass when he was drunk. He just does not seem like a jerk.

Edited by areca
  • Love 2

I know that we have some attorneys on this forum, I was wondering if if would be hard to quickly trademark that Brichino name and THEN go after them for copyright infringement when they try to use it? Yes, I am that evil after all that Bri has done! 

I'm not a patent attorney, but if memory serves there are protections offered to the "first to use" (as opposed to the "first to file").  Meaning, Bri's open and notorious use of "Brichinos" may offer her copyright protections even if someone were to swoop in and file a trademark.

But you'd need to ask a patent attorney for a more in depth analysis you could trust.

Edited by Kobo Duram

I know that we have some attorneys on this forum, I was wondering if if would be hard to quickly trademark that Brichino name and THEN go after them for copyright infringement when they try to use it? Yes, I am that evil after all that Bri has done! 

The whole process to register a trademark has multiple steps and it can take almost a year (best case) to several years. It also costs between $300 to $400 dollars just for the filing fee.

It would have been a great way to screw with Bri though!

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 2

They get way more milk than they can use from Betsy and Dede has decided to try to make soap. What I don't understand is why they don't just make cheese? Ricotta or mozzarella would be so easy to do and great to eat or cook with. Yet, no one even tries. It's like they have no idea cheese comes from cows or something, or think that all cheese is aged for years. Can they all be that stupid? Um, nevermind. Stupid question.

I've been wondering that too, it seems they do make some cheese. But with the amount of eggs they get and how cheap flour is why doesn't Aaron make his own noodles. Make a quick ricotta and mozzarella from the milk. Whip up some tomato sauce with or without meat and make lasagna! You could feed a lot on a little with the resources they've been given. I just have to shake my head from time to time.

• Love 9

No, Taylor didn't warm the milk and it was 61 degrees outside, so I don't think it was out long enough to even take the chill off of it.  And Mike fed the calf this morning, holding the bottle in such a way that the poor little calf had to stand in a crouched position just to get to it.  But they were too busy gossiping to notice.

Dedeker makes cheese and butter from the cow's milk for the group to use.

It is exactly right to have the calf in that position, it would be similar if it were nursing from the udder. if it doesn't stand like this (crouched) while feeding the milk would go into the wrong compartment of the stomach and the calf would get very sick with diarrhea.

I don't know enough english to explain it completely but is has to do with the stretching of the neck/throat that opens a direct way for the milk to go into the last compartment of the stomach instead of going into the rumen which has not fully developed at this point. later in the life of a cow the cow can do this on purpose with certain foods that don't need to go through rumen etc but the calf needs to be in the right position for it to work.

i have seen very often that calves were made to drink their milk out of a bucket standing on the floor to early and take severely ill.

• Love 10

-apparently Josh and Boobs McGoo went out to Pomegranate Lane but no one knows if they hooked up or not.  Some on the feeds chat are saying she wouldn't shut up long enough to do anything,   

that's funny.   

Mike "she said she's polyamorous, she has that tattoo symbol for polyamory.  She and Dedeker had a long talk yesterday, she said she's been polyamorous for a month."

a month?    most would just call that trying something new.  or a couple of dates.

who gets a specialized tattoo after a month?    maybe the poly angle was just a tactic to make her more likely to get on the show.

if she was part the utopia-test-group, she has known for two months what sort of folks were being selected.     one month ago would put it at about when the Utes arrived.    maybe she was "inspired" by dedeker's selection as a primary Ute.

But with the amount of eggs they get .....

I don't think they get enough eggs to do breakfast, add some to select dinner dishes, and have extra.

just ten people eating a double-egg breakfast would use up 20 eggs per day.

• Love 1

I don't think they get enough eggs to do breakfast, add some to select dinner dishes, and have extra.

just ten people eating a double-egg breakfast would use up 20 eggs per day.

It doesn't take much to make pasta. I'm sure not everyone eats a 2 egg breakfast every morning either. We have 5 chickens of our own and even with us eating eggs with breakfast the majority of the week we maintain a surplus for things like baking. My point being if there's enough eggs for Bri and Chris to steal for their midnight Ramen noodles there's enough eggs to make pasta for the group. A little goes a long way and Aaron as chef should prioritize the usage of those eggs for what can produce the most value for the group.

• Love 2

A little goes a long way and Aaron as chef should prioritize the usage of those eggs for what can produce the most value for the group.

That would require Aaron to plan ahead and actually know what he's doing.  I've seen no indication Aaron is capable of that.  I'd cheer if I saw him clean his hands and work station before cooking, and stop double dipping his tasting spoon in the food.  Right now the ass can't even be bothered to rinse off a spoon after he drops it on the floor, he just picks it up and puts it right back into the pot.

• Love 7

That would require Aaron to plan ahead and actually know what he's doing. I've seen no indication Aaron is capable of that. I'd cheer if I saw him clean his hands and work station before cooking, and stop double dipping his tasting spoon in the food. Right now the ass can't even be bothered to rinse off a spoon after he drops it on the floor, he just picks it up and puts it right back into the pot.

Touché ;)

It doesn't take much to make pasta. I'm sure not everyone eats a 2 egg breakfast every morning either.

that's why I mention TEN people would use 20 eggs.

FIVE people doing it would use 10 eggs per day - and I think they average about 8 eggs gathered.

and the people were hungry.    if 15 folks are hungry, only a few would pass on eggs for breakfast.

----------------------

so wrt Katie,   she probably figures she will be sent home SOON, so she might be in a hurry to get things done.  

the things to get done:

tell everyone a bunch of times that your way with the animals is the right way with the animals. (check that one off)

go nude swimming  (check that one off)

shag with a Ute.     (don't know if this is done already.  if not, she needs to hurry.)

• Love 5

The site is called allofutopia.com.

Thank you Mediocrates! 

To all you wonderful folks who have been recapping, I enjoy your recaps more!  So much great commentary embedded!

It's like they have no idea cheese comes from cows or something, or think that all cheese is aged for years.  Can they all be that stupid?

They thought the cow would need to be butchered to get to the cheese, but they couldn't find it on the cow map anyway.

CutsOfBeef.jpg

• Love 2

that's why I mention TEN people would use 20 eggs.

FIVE people doing it would use 10 eggs per day - and I think they average about 8 eggs gathered.

and the people were hungry. if 15 folks are hungry, only a few would pass on eggs for breakfast.

Ok I get it, thank you for the repeat math lessons here. No answer will satisfy you. I was merely trying to add commentary on how simple making pasta is as an option, but you seem pretty insistent that I must clearly be wrong given your own set of loosely based assumptions on the egg consumption of the Topes.

Can we move on now?

I have two theories on Cal.

A) He figures lay low and stay quiet, let Katie do all the talking. (and talking and talking...) After three days of listening to her idiocy he is a lock to get voted in.

B) After seeing the disgusting conditions in the kitchen and the morons living there he wants no part of it, just put in his three days and get voted out.

all he has to do is wait....  and maybe do something useful.      katie will be gone.   I wonder if she will be surprised when someone who nude swims (her) is sent home.

Cal has more to gain by staying.  iirc, he was involved in some sort of commune situation and has a website already set up to leverage the Ute experince.

Edited by clod
  • Love 2

Fascinating conversation between Bri and Chris during their lunch "date."  

Bri--"my dog's names are Bear, Cookie and Candy."  

Chris--"oh my gosh, you are so Paris Hilton."

Bri--"who's Paris Hilton?"

A few minutes later, Chris is telling a story about his dog Reef.  Bri--"what does reef mean?"

Chris--"not like the drug, like the aqua reef."

Bri--"what's aqua reef?"

Chris--"like, coral."

Bri--"what's the other meaning?"

Chris--"weed."

Bri--"oh.  hahaha." 

Chris asks her to put her hair in pigtails.  Playing with them, she twists them into buns.  Chris--"you look like Princess Leia."

Bri--"who???"

Sorry, at this point it became much too stimulating for me, I had to leave.  

• Love 7

Kristen is bummed because she's been locked out of theutopianpioneers website.  Production now has a third party running it.  Maybe it's because so many people have complained about their emails being deleted by Aaron and Kristen (with Mike standing there part of the time giggling like an idiot).

• Love 6

@Zahdii--oh I hope, I hope, I hope that's why she's been locked out.  Its about time she and Aaron started feeling some punitive repercussions for their behavior.  Not that it would ever occur to them that they're suffering consequences.

• Love 3

Aaron was trying to explain some weird deal involving buying a bunch of frozen pizza's for dinner.  It got kind of confusing, but the way he was telling Mike about it was that he wanted to order the pizza's and have them delivered with the regular grocery order, but have the pizza's listed on a separate receipt.  He said that he'd pay for the first $25 himself, and bill the group for the rest.  Mike asked him if he'd put it to a vote, and Aaron said no, and he didn't want to vote on it.  (I think he's going by the old saying about how it's easier to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission.)  Mike insisted that they need to vote on it and that all of the charges need to be presented for a full accounting of funds.  Feeds switched, so I don't know if Aaron will continue with the Great Pizza Caper or not.

In other news, newbie Katie is driving all the Utopians crazy with her nonstop chatter and her inability to think about anything but herself.  I truly think that if someone caught fire in front of her, she'd stand there talking about the time she burned herself while warming up formula bottles for the litter of kittens she rescued.  As others were putting out the fire, she'd talk about how she posed as Miss December for a calendar for the local fire department.  As the injured party was being treated by EMT's, Katie would reminisce fondly about the paramedic she dated and the wild sex they had in the back of his ambulance.

I think the only reason no one's gone off on her is because they expect to vote her out tomorrow.  Mike's still hoping for a 3-way between her, him and Dede (note to Mike, that ship has sailed, Dede's not interested).  Josh actually asked Bella if it would be wrong for him to sleep with Katie and vote her out the next day.  Bella said "It's your Utopia.  Do what you want."  What went unsaid was the rest of the sentence "as long as you don't sleep with Nikki".

It'll be interesting to watch the group's faces when they learned the vote has been pushed back to Tuesday.  Perhaps in acknowledgement of the potential for a mass walk-out if forced to endure Katie for too long, one of the producers tweeted: hippykid, "As of now, the vote is Tuesday. But if the Utopians decide to vote before then, the poll will end early. So vote now!"

http://www.utopiatv.com/news/detail/1325/which-newtopian-should-stay

It should be noted that the public's vote will only be counted in the event of a tie.

Aaron started complaining to Cal about Amanda.  He thinks that being pregnant means she's eating too much food.  He can't be sure how much she eats because she cooks her own meals separately.  Then he started making comments that her baby would become the 16th Utopian and wondered if it could be voted out.  He followed that up with some accusation that Amanda was going to hire a nanny (?). 

Rob showed up and made it clear that complaints about pregnant women and their food isn't cool.  Aaron tried to deflect and make himself look better by somehow shifting the conversation to the pizza's he wanted to order.  Rob asked where the money was coming from and Aaron said it would've come from him, but it's not going to happen anyway.  Aaron suddenly remembered something he forgot and left.

Rob goes to Mike and wants to know more about the pizza and all of Aaron's money.  Mike doesn't tell what he knows, but he doesn't try to protect Aaron either.  He basically agrees with Rob that it's strange.  Rob has been in a bad mood for the last few days and now he's found something to fuss about.  He gets more worked up about Aaron and the money situation, so Mike tries to derail the conversation by shifting the topic to taxes and the 80/20 split on profits (80% goes to the group, 20% is kept by whoever earned the money).  It works for a brief time until Rob catches sight of Aaron hovering in the background watching them.  He tries to pin Aaron down and Aaron leaves again, Mike gets lost too.

Then Rob sees that someone (Bri) dumped some dirty dishes in the sink, despite a new rule requiring everyone to clean up after themselves.  He starts ranting about that and then the audio is cut.  Rob is moving about rapidly, obviously shouting, people start to look for a place to go until it's all over.  Feeds switch to the barn where Josh, Hex, and someone else are standing.  Josh says he's staying there until all the screaming is over.  The 360* camera shows that Rob is now out on the grounds, still seeming to be shouting. 

An audio bleed has someone saying something about things being thrown about the kitchen, so maybe Rob trashed the kitchen before he went outside.

• Love 5

Aaron started complaining to Cal about Amanda.  He thinks that being pregnant means she's eating too much food.  He can't be sure how much she eats because she cooks her own meals separately.  Then he started making comments that her baby would become the 16th Utopian and wondered if it could be voted out.  He followed that up with some accusation that Amanda was going to hire a nanny (?). 

Yet he's best buds with Bri who eats more and does less work than anyone there.

• Love 4

Hahaha-Rob telling Katie to pace herself!  What's so funny is that earlier today Bella told her that she needs to slow down and talk less and listen more so that people will take her seriously--do you think ANY of these suggestions will register with Katie?  I don't.  BTW, we were subjected to another glimpse of full frontal nudity when Katie decided to take another swim this afternoon.  

Yes, those were Bri's dishes left over from her lunch date with Chris.  He told her to take the dishes in and clean them, and of course she clomped into the kitchen in her boots and babydoll dress and dumped the dishes in the sink.  Early this morning, Taylor chastised Bri in front of the group--it seems she has a tendency to milk Honey (or bring in the container if someone else milked) and then leave the milk wherever its handy for her, as long as its not in the refrigerator.  Taylor told her this is the 3rd time she has ruined Honey's milk--Bri tried to blame Dedeker, saying she was going to use it to make butter.  Taylor told Bri, "no, you know that milk is for the calf and you've just ruined another batch."  

I am enjoying watching them get annoyed with one another.  I think Aaron, Kristen and Bri are the worse by far.  Mike is either playing both sides or he is beginning to pull away from Aaron, can't determine which it is yet.  Apparently the "pioneers" don't know yet about the delayed vote--I just heard Bri tell Cal that she wants to get to know him before she votes tomorrow.  I'm absolutely sure that 99.9% of what Cal says will float right over Bri's little head.

• Love 8

From Utopia Day 36 

Katie whispers to Mike that she likes Hex a lot, she could hang out with her and never get bored. She also believes Bri is very intelligent.

This alone should have her evicted from the compound.  Then again, her stupidity might fit in with the inmates.

Edited by OakGoblinFly
  • Love 9

Aaron was trying to explain some weird deal involving buying a bunch of frozen pizza's for dinner.  It got kind of confusing, but the way he was telling Mike about it was that he wanted to order the pizza's and have them delivered with the regular grocery order,

What the hell is up with Aaron's obsession with frozen pizza? Of all the foods he could be ordering in, this makes the least sense.

Frozen pizza has a valid place - but it's for people who are really busy and work long days, and just want something quick when they get home. The ingredients to make fresh pizza are so cheap - the only real cost is in the time it takes to make the dough. But he has all the time in the world to make dough. Homemade pizza is also ideal for the Utopians' varied diets - they can easily top their own pizzas to make them vegetarian or to their tastes.

This is just mind-boggling. I wonder if this is some kind of attachment issue, like he has with the Sour Patch Kids. He could have all the pizza he wants for $25, if he wasn't paying for pre-made convenience. Grrrr!

• Love 7

Rob's tantrum is over.  Good thing he didn't hear Bella say that Rob is just another Red.

While off the feeds Rob apparently yelled at Hex for the dirty dishes in the sink.  I guess it's her day for dish washing and she failed.  It's been agreed by feedsters that Bri put the dishes in the sink (no surprise there) and walked off.  They couldn't have been there for more than half an hour, so there's every chance that Hex never had the chance to find them.

Surprisingly, he's turned to Katie to discuss his feelings.  He says he's tired of the attitudes of so many of the people in Utopia.  Katie commiserates with him, saying that the kitchen should be a community area where everyone takes part in using and cleaning it.  For some reason this causes Production to mute the conversation for several minutes.

When the sound is back, Rob's complaining about how he's tired of all the immaturity, and how no one is taking things seriously.  Katie is urging Rob to call a house meeting.  Cal joins them and also wants a meeting.  He spends a few minutes calming Rob down and then moves on to talk to Bri.  He's trying to explain something to her, but the words are more than one syllable long and her eyes are glazing over.

• Love 9

I'm just observing Amanda and Katie milking and they're really bad. Both pull way too much, you can see their hands move up and down. both bri and bella did it a lot better than this in the morning.

• Love 2

Oh hell.....Mike just invited the newbies to spend 30 minutes telling the group their "back stories."  Not to use the time to campaign but rather just tell about themselves.  Didn't we hear all this the first night?  Guess who wants to go first?  You got it, Katie!  And she was the first to say she doesn't want to be there when Cal gives his story, hearing it will cause her anxiety.  

Aaron and Mike outside talking strategy.  They're afraid Cal will join Nikki's "team" whereas the "new chick is an easy fix."  They think Josh will be following Katie around so he won't be such a problem when they move to get rid of Nikki and Amanda.   They're going to let the "rattle cage group" know to vote for Cal to leave. 

I think I just had a flashback to 6th grade....................................

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 8

Aaron was trying to explain some weird deal involving buying a bunch of frozen pizza's for dinner.  It got kind of confusing, but the way he was telling Mike about it was that he wanted to order the pizza's and have them delivered with the regular grocery order, but have the pizza's listed on a separate receipt.  He said that he'd pay for the first $25 himself, and bill the group for the rest.

pay the first $25?   separate receipt  -   will anyone else see it? 

sounds like he wants to throw a pizza party and charge the others for it.

Rob tells Ernesto that his girlfriend will be visiting Utopia tomorrow.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised, one of Rob's problems lately was how much he missed Jess(ica).  He has gone around asking the rest of the group if the next family visit could go to him so he could see Jess.  This of course points out another similarity between Rob and Red.  Red would throw a fit and Production would reward Red with some kind of goodie that none of the other Utopians would get.  Red has an 'Ask Me Anything' thread on Reddit and he freely admitted that a lot of his tantrums were calculated to with specific goals in mind.  (He got daily emails from his family after the first week, and even if he hadn't managed to get the group to let him have the first family visit, he was assured that he would soon see his family.  The only thing he didn't manage to get was an invitation to let his wife come stay with him as a full time Utopian).  Rob threw a fit and now there's even talk that at one point he threw a knife, all over some dirty dishes in the sink.  As one hilarious Joker put it, 'the part of Red will now be played by Rob.'

Kristen was sitting a few minutes ago on the steps to the deck with Chris, Hex, and Taylor.  She's making fun of Cal, (probably because he hasn't joined in any backstabbing sessions and seems to be a lot smarter than her).  Cal is sitting behind them not far away.  He never said a word.  Eventually he got up and wandered away.

Nikki has done a good job of appearing to not be phased by the negativity she gets from Mike and his little group of a--holes, but at least some things got to her.  Cal found her crying off by herself and sat with her to comfort her.

Dinner tonight was mashed beans.  Aaron insists it's actually some kind of gourmet crap, and we all know that gourmet anything is a code for 'pretentious, tiny portions that you'll be charged an arm and a leg for while the chef secretly eats a burger in the kitchen and laughs at you for eating that crap'.  In this case Aaron didn't get his big Costco pizza's he wanted, but today's grocery delivery did include a few smaller personal pizza's.  I'm sure that he'll be cooking one of them up as soon as he can.

For some stupid reason Production is forcing Cal and Katie to act like they've just got there.  They're introducing themselves and doing the thing where they have to tell the group a bit about themselves.  Yes, I know they did this a couple of days ago, but for some reason they have to do it all over again.  This goes to show once again that Production is not interfering with the Utopians [/sarcasm].

Cal made the grave error of telling Taylor and Bri that he liked Nikki.  This has caused the anti-Nikki lot to shift their votes to keep Katie. 

Katie's not completely stupid, she's been gushing all day about what a great cook Aaron is.  The result of her bootlicking is that Aaron is trying to make her vegan food, whereas Nikki is mostly a vegetarian who likes her food to be organic, she will eat meat if its free of antibiotics and hormones.  And when organic isn't available, she'll eat what everyone else is eating, yet Aaron resents her dietary preferences to the point that he's suggested putting maggots in her food.  (After a twitter storm of protest about that comment, Production tweeted that they would never allow Aaron or anyone else to tamper with someone's food like that.)

• Love 10

Bri announced her dinner tastes "weird" and she doesn't like it.

Bri said something insightful!? What the hell is going on, is it opposite day?

It probably tastes like snot, piss and flies since Shady Chef is always picking his nose, adjusting his crotch and not washing his hands -- the flies are self explanatory since there are flies everywhere.

Reading the live feed updates, I'm convinced this will be shut down much sooner than later.  The vote has been delayed until Tuesday, the website has been taken out of Krusten's control and Internet access has been shut down, they can't barter anymore unless it's over $100, Rob's visit from Jess seems to have been organized WAY too quickly (almost like she was already on the way) and by next Friday's episode they will have 10 days of video in the bank.  Since they have been averaging 3-4 days per episode, that gives them enough material to the end of the month if they stop filming next weekend.  I doubt they will even vote out Cal or Katie -- they will all just pack up and leave.

• Love 7

sounds like he wants to throw a pizza party and charge the others for it.

Oh, and let me guess - it will be a big "surprise" and a favour that will be held over the others for weeks to come."Remember when I threw that pizza party for you all? See how generous I am?"

Talk about clueless. If he actually wanted to give them a good time, rather than engage in shady dealings and stroke his ego - he'd ask everybody if they want to have a pizza party, and it would be a lot more fun, because then others could contribute to the entertainment, and it could be a proper party. There's so much more value in planning than there is in a stupid "surprise."

And of course, if he does want to have a pizza party, all the more reason to do homemade pizza - a big batch of dough doesn't take much more effort than a small one. And people would participate, and probably enjoy helping make the pizzas, rather than them being doled out by the Pizza Nazi.

• Love 7

Reading the live feed updates, I'm convinced this will be shut down much sooner than later.  The vote has been delayed until Tuesday, the website has been taken out of Krusten's control and Internet access has been shut down, they can't barter anymore unless it's over $100, Rob's visit from Jess seems to have been organized WAY too quickly (almost like she was already on the way) and by next Friday's episode they will have 10 days of video in the bank.  Since they have been averaging 3-4 days per episode, that gives them enough material to the end of the month if they stop filming next weekend.  I doubt they will even vote out Cal or Katie -- they will all just pack up and leave.

From your mouth to the Nielsen God's ears... :)

The subReddit for this show has pretty much died off as well, with the only comments being snarky dismissal of this doomed show; the switch to 10 minute live feed limits seems to have been one of those genius moves the producers are becoming so well known for, whereby they drive away/alienate the few people still interested.  A.  Maz.  Ing.

Still, did anyone see confirmation in the feeds of this comment about Cal having once been a neo-Nazi survivalist type?  Sounds like he's thankfully left that long behind him, but... still... can't we get one overall decent human being without taint or horrific flaws?  I think Josh is the closest we have to a mature adult human being on this show.

• Love 6

Is it odd that I kind of hope the end of the show ends up being Bri burning the place to the ground. 

As much as I hate Bri, I do kind of want to see her government before the end.  It should be a train wreck especially because she's such a terrible person. 

• Love 3

Rob tells Ernesto that his girlfriend will be visiting Utopia tomorrow.  I guess I shouldn't be surprised, one of Rob's problems lately was how much he missed Jess(ica).  He has gone around asking the rest of the group if the next family visit could go to him so he could see Jess.

(After a twitter storm of protest about that comment, Production tweeted that they would never allow Aaron or anyone else to tamper with someone's food like that.)

what did folks say when he asked for the next family visit?

I wondered if production would allow unhealthy  sabotage of food.   it  sounded sorta like criminal behavior.

Rob's visit from Jess seems to have been organized WAY too quickly (almost like she was already on the way)

Is she a paying guest at a Utopian Experience (open house day)?

• Love 2

Quote: Shady Chef is always picking his nose, adjusting his crotch and not washing his hands -- the flies are self explanatory since there are flies everywhere.

Quote: And people would participate, and probably enjoy helping make the pizzas, rather than them being doled out by the Pizza Nazi.

These are not the hands I want making my pizza.

• Love 4

Rob's visit from Jess seems to have been organized WAY too quickly (almost like she was already on the way)

Is she a paying guest at a Utopian Experience (open house day)?

I imagine Jess is visiting much like Red's wife visited and was allowed to stay for most of the day (and had sex under the barn).

But Rob is supposed to be from New Jersey, so I somehow doubt his girlfriend lives in California, and can pop in on short notice -- so it would have to be planned to get her there from the East Coast for tomorrow since the group decision to allow Rob the next visitor was only made at 1PM Utopia time today (unless it was preplanned since Rob has turned into Red 2.0 and making demands, and such).

• Love 2

Dinner tonight was mashed beans.  Aaron insists it's actually some kind of gourmet crap

I had to eat mashed beans for dinner as a kid; I wish someone had told me we were having gourmet food. I thought it was just because we were on welfare.

• Love 13

Dinner tonight was mashed beans.  Aaron insists it's actually some kind of gourmet crap

If Aaron were to make some kind of a flavorful bean puree to use as an accompaniment to some sort of protein, then, if done well, it could be part of a meal that could possibly be considered more upscale, but no way are just mashed beans considered gourmet. That's kind of like baby food. He has got to be the worst "chef" I've ever seen. He clearly has no real skill, hasn't been properly trained (he doesn't have to have been formally trained, he could have learned on the job or even have taught himself - many successful chefs have), has no creativity and can't come up with any variety of dishes that he could easily make to feed a large group on minimal resources. And no self respecting chef would eat frozen pizza since it is so easy to make and frozen is so much more expensive than making them fresh. He needs to stop calling himself a chef - it's a complete misrepresentation.

In addition to all of his food/kitchen failings, his obnoxious rants, his stealing and plotting to do more stealing, and bullying really bother me a lot especially as he wearing his army gear and has his dog tags on visibly every day. I live in San Diego which is a major military city and I have several friends and family members who are currently serving or have served in every branch of the military. Watching him behave this way and plot to bully a person while he's dressed as a soldier is despicable. My military friends cannot stand it and think he is a major douchebag and is basically being disrespectful to the uniform. Given the reactions from my military friends, he will not get a warm reception from those in the service when he gets out of Utopia.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 12

He has got to be the worst "chef" I've ever seen. He clearly has no real skill, hasn't been properly trained (he doesn't have to have been formally trained, he could have learned on the job or even have taught himself - many successful chefs have), has no creativity and can't come up with any variety of dishes that he could easily make to feed a large group on minimal resources. And no self respecting chef would eat frozen pizza since it is so easy to make and frozen is so much more expensive than making them fresh. He needs to stop calling himself a chef - it's a complete misrepresentation.

No kidding!   Most of us on this forum have come up with better ideas on how to feed people.   It's not that hard. 

Wasting money on frozen pizzas is ridiculous  - the cheap ones taste like crap, the good ones are expensive.  Better to spend the money on potatoes, rice, flour, canned tomatoes.  Frozen pizzas are a staple in my house.   But that's because there are 4 adults, all with different work schedules. there's no excuse for a "chef' to be that lazy.

You can make pizza dough, and then have different options - vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, etc.  And a pizza dough can be a base for whatever combination of ingredients you happen to have.  

Edited by backformore
  • Love 5

I don't think Aaron even cooks for himself or anyone else regularly.  I'm not a chef, but I make about 90% of my meals from scratch, and there are just things you pick up when you cook regularly.  He doesn't seem to know anything.

• Love 9

Of course he can't cook a lick, he's not just a crummy "chef", he can't even meet the level of a middle-school kid fixing a snack after school! I never cook for myself, and even I knew about seasoning a cast iron skillet!

Honestly, if anyone on this show has actual, practical knowledge, it's a fluke that they snuck it by producers who were hell-bent on casting the most useless Americans they could possibly find.

• Love 11
So Mike says since they don't know who then everybody is accused and they are going to have a 'violation of the law' and an official complaint is being registered against the whole group.

I really hope he never gets that DA position he wants.   Can't figure out who's guilty?  No problem, just charge everyone.  Sounds like he got his law degree from Lil Dictators Correspondence School.

• Love 5

Quote:  "When the sound is back, Rob's complaining about how he's tired of all the immaturity, and how no one is taking things seriously."

I think it kind of funny that now Rob is blowing a fuse as a result of Bri's actions.  Maybe he should have voted for her instead of campaigning so hard for Red to go.

(Red also had his moments but he wasn't abusing animals). 

At this point, I'm not sure who I am sick of the most.

• Love 5

How is it Crusty the Clown wields such power?  I wonder if their contracts require them to share a communal meal and Amanda got special dispensation so she didn't top off her baby with rickets. 

Harkening back to the good ol' days of Dave and Red, did they ever order that $5 case of cheap Top Ramen?  It's probably the opposite of "organic," but if you can boil water, twenty cents will get you a big bowl of hot noodley soup that will fill you up and keep you going.  That sounds better than a spoonful of mashed booger beans.

• Love 5

They need an outdoor pizza oven. You can build them pretty cheap from what I have read. I could provide a better meal than Aaron in 6th grade. Heck, maybe they could get a Boy Scout troop to show them how to cook on a fire for multiple people. I'm still saying he only opened cans and reheated what was in them in the Army. And I am so glad he wasn't former Navy, cause then I'd have to be embarrassed.

• Love 4