Type keyword(s) to search

Utopia (US) Live Feed Discussion

If that's true, then this whole "emergency" vote was well choreographed by production, complete with Rob's rants beginning yesterday as a build up..

The "emergency" was to get the footage in early so editing and post production could splice it for Friday's broadcast.

• Love 4

ETA:  This was, of course, a staged vote for television. The word is Red did quit and that's why they couldn't postpone the vote. He wanted out and this was the way they chose to do it. I hate production but I really don't blame them for doing it this way when they've invested so much in America voting and all - if Red quit they'd have to either declare the vote now unnecessary or do it anyway between Bella and Bri (my fave option) which would mean a complicated explanation etc. This way they can pretend it all went down as promised and no harm, no foul.  And Red saves face and isn't a 'quitter'.  I still hate that he's gone, and wish Bri would disappear in the pond, but what are you going to do?

I am much more concerned about the bully Nikki campaign. Right before the vote Aaron leaned over to Mike to tell him and Dede that step two of the Nikki plan was already underway. Since they were saying on Jokers that Aaron and Mike wanted to put maggots in her salad and oatmeal I hope that wasn't step two. And I think that kind of sabotage should get you booted the same as physical violence should. It would have to be proven sabotage though, and it would be hard not to say that it wasn't just the unsanitary conditions at fault. 

Again: I hate these people. 

I totally agree with the vote being staged.  Rumor has it that if Red is voted out he keeps the stipend he's earned thus far, unlike if he quit.  Since the audio was shitty as usual, they kept accidentally bleeding in Bella/Red/Bri over the voters, and Red kept telling Bri - "I told you I'd take care of you, didn't I."  Some on Jokers truly believe that every vote and speech given were staged specifically to match up with the TV storyline. 

I also agree that Rob is working with production.  I'm not sure he's a plant, but I think he's their go to guy when things need to be manipulated and staged.

Bri hugs Josh and says "teach me, Josh.  Be my big brother."  Josh says "actions speak louder than words with me."  And tells her she needs to contribute more to prove she wants to be there.  Ugh, I guess Chris will get "lucky" again tonight.  

If I were Josh, I would steer clear of Bri.  She has only one way to communicate with a man.  She seems the type to crawl in his lap, cry and baby talk, sneak in a hand job, then accuse him of taking advantage of her.  She is very damaged.

• Love 8

Amanda was telling Nikki about what happened in the barn before the ''emergency" vote but of course the audio was in and out.  All that was heard was Amanda saying "Red flipped out, it was completely unprovoked and there was no talking to him.  He flipped out."  

• Love 2

Red should've buried his money somewhere. I'd have been amused watching the lazy topes trying to find it. I'm not even watching the show on tv because it's so edited that it drives me nuts. 

• Love 5

From one of the Twitter updates -- *somehow* Red knows his wife is coming tonight - "she'll be here shortly"

perhaps red was going to leave  "one way or another".

Yeah, I agree that something was up.  Just before the vote, Aaron whispered to Mike, "he can't wait until 12 tomorrow." 

endure one more night of crap, or   force an early vote.       knowing his wife was in town might have influenced red's schedule

• Love 2

Well, that's some bullshit.  I get that Red wanted out- he'd been threatening to quit since literally... day 2 I think?  And that reinforces the commonly held theory that there is some penalty from walking out- hence Pastor Jon and Red both having "medical issues" that oh-so-conveniently meant they got to leave early without incurring whatever that penalty is.

But I'm really saddened that Bri, after all that weekend-long tease of the Myopians finally realizing what a monster she is... then avoided the axe.  And I'm disappointed in Red that he tried to save Bri once, and now has done it again by quitting.  And to hell with that little dimwitted troll Rob, too, and his misplaced glee about kicking out the hillbilly.   To heck with all of them; only Ernesto and Josh, and maybe Nikki, aren't completely beyond the pale barely a month in.

Well, whatever.  Maybe legal issues regarding animal abuse, or outright cancellation, will help the Mootopians out.  But honestly, with the producers not even being able to keep Red in favor of Bri (because or despite the fact that it's all rigged, scripted, and fake as hell), then I say to hell with 'em.  And now we'll probably have to read about some Stanford experiment where the clique decides to escalate their torment and mistreatment of other people to near-criminal levels.

To heck with that.  I'll still pop in to the forums every now and then, mostly to find out when this thing gets cancelled, but the continued perversion of Bri's existence and the rest of the bullies on the compound is just.... blech.  Can't be reading that stuff daily, it'll just make me angry.  Hope this thing gets cancelled soon, because that'll make my day when I finally read about it and can share in the schadenfreude with you guys.  But god, what if a dark miracle occurs and that doesn't happen?  Or doesn't happen for several weeks?  I don't think i can muster the energy to keep giving even the littlest crap about this trainwreck.

Edited by hincandenza
  • Love 8

Red should've buried his money somewhere. I'd have been amused watching the lazy topes trying to find it. I'm not even watching the show on tv because it's so edited that it drives me nuts. 

And he leaves them a cryptic clue path to "Red's Treasure" - if any of them manage to find it, it's just a pair of Red's dentures, and the message "The real treasure is not in gold, but in your hearts" or something equally cheesy.

• Love 9

Sadly, it's not the news we were hoping for; no "Ding-dong, the witch is dead!" tonight :(

Evil little Bri stays on longer, while Red has left after weeks of threatening to do so. There's all the signs of producer manipulation in the vote: presumably Red wanted to leave, so the Myopians were pretty much unanimous in voting out Red tonight.

Great. The one guy who best cared for the animals is gone, while the twisted little sadist remains and apparently is accepted back into the fold with no hard feelings or lingering resentment. I expect now that, even if we even got to a second vote, Bri would probably not be in danger now that the cool kids club has decided to keep her safe.

Dammit, show. You had one job, and you totally suck at it. Go get cancelled, then die in a fire.

Edited by hincandenza
Moved this from the Animals thread- didn't belong there
  • Love 4

What? What is that dim sound you hear in the background?? That's me, screaming, all the way from NJ. AARRRGGGHHHH!!!!   Production can DUMP Bri if they want to! They can fire her. They obviously, don't want to. They have had ample time and notice of threat about castmates and animal abuse. Evidently, they are not at all perturbed about what she has done or the potential for what she may do to herself or others. My hate-o-meter is now on full for production AND Bri, AND Aaron, AND Kristen, AND Mike, AND Rob. Seriously, Bri needs to go and the bullying NEEDS to stop NOW. 

Perhaps they have seen the twitpics of Bri shooting & handling guns and they are afraid of her too? I really hate this show. I can only pray for cancellation.

• Love 6

And he leaves them a cryptic clue path to "Red's Treasure" - if any of them manage to find it, it's just a pair of Red's dentures, and the message "The real treasure is not in gold, but in your hearts" or something equally cheesy.

Just wanted to add, THIS, I would have LOVED!  "Gold, Jerry, Gold!"

hmmmmm Feed watchers made it pretty clear they wanted Bri to go. Red hated it there so badly that they moved up the vote and got rid of him instead of having someone quit. Bri is still there and the Feed Watchers are still pissed and this show is so going to end early. I mean, the only reason for keeping it is to serve as fill in for day time talk shows that might be cancelled.

• Love 1

Aside: I am very religious. That's why they piss me off so much.

I am not religious per se although I was raised Catholic and was in church every Sunday since birth until I went off to college.  I'd say I am more a spiritual agnostic but I firmly respect the beliefs of others.  Extracting passages from the bible or or any religious text for manipulation of others in the was Kristen is icky and gross.  The bible is a pretty big book, so holding up one part of it but not the spirit or content of the whole seems very wrong to me.

Sorry for the lack of articulation, but this makes me burn.

• Love 8

I wonder if the storyline that leads into the cancelation ends up being Bri being in charge and burning the place to the ground.  I think I would enjoy that (assuming we get the animals removed first).

• Love 4

Josh's transgression??

What about Aaron's or Kristen's?  Or how about yourself there Mr. Mike?  Or your sex buddy?  I guess since they're card carrying members of the Cool Kids Club they have a free pass to do whatever they want, be it stealing, lying, or starving people.  Yet the one person who has been the most productive is deemed worthy of your dissertation. 

You sir, disgust me.

Edited by OakGoblinFly
  • Love 6

Bri hugs Josh and says "teach me, Josh.  Be my big brother."

And Josh thought it was bad when Bella was hot for him. 

Josh -

Run, do not walk, to the nearest emergency exit.

ETA:

riverheightsnancy - from a few days ago:

Gee, let's inject a person with window cleaner to see what will happen.

Made me think of this scene from one of my favorite all time silly movies.

Edited by DeLurker
  • Love 1

I get the impression Josh is too smart to be at all into Bri. Even if she is attractive (and that's about the only thing going for her - she's cute), it seems like she'd bore the shit out of him, or scare him too much for him to ever consider being into her.

• Love 4

Hmm, this is new.

You've reached the max free viewing time of 10 minutes.
Get unlimited ad-free access to all live streams for only $4.99 a month.
Go to UtopiaTv.com and get your FREE passport to watch more!

I already had the free passport, I thought that meant unlimited (with annoying ads) on 2 feeds, but the $4.99 is if you want the other 2 feeds (and no ads) as well. This max 10 minutes time is new. It would timeout, but more like 30 minutes later and not with this disclaimer. Guess I just need to refresh every 10 minutes now.

Edited by corgi shieldmaiden
  • Love 2

This max 10 minutes time is new. It would timeout, but more like 30 minutes later and not with this disclaimer. Guess I just need to refresh every 10 minutes now.

They really don't want anybody to watch this, do they? I wonder if the whole thing is a The Producers style scam, which is designed to fail and then collect the insurance money.

• Love 8

Yeah, I had to go off the reservation, so to speak, for feeds now that they have put that limit on.

Anyway, Aaron and Mike have been discussing their "cage-rattling" plans. They are planning toward the end of Mike's government to throw Nikki's yoga mat on the roof. They're also planning something for tonight, but I'm not sure what that plan is.

Extracting passages from the bible or or any religious text for manipulation of others in the was Kristen is icky and gross.

This.  It's a level of disrespect for the viewpoint/philosophies of others, and it says a lot about the person who would do it.  Although in this case, there wasn't much more that needed to be said about either Aaron or Kristen, once they decided to actively sabotage someone by deleting her emails and putting maggots in her food.  I don't approve of their earlier stealing, but there's something about their more recent antics that is really disgusting.  

Yup, looks like its no more free viewing with the free passport.

Heh.  These guys are either actively sabotaging themselves, or they're the most incompetent crew on the planet.  I wonder if they're hoping that with fewer live feed viewers, more people will watch and believe the story the episodes are trying to sell us.  

Of course, it's more likely that people will just abandon the show altogether, but since they haven't figured out anything else about running the show, I doubt they'll figure that one out.

• Love 3

Anyway, Aaron and Mike have been discussing their "cage-rattling" plans. They are planning toward the end of Mike's government to throw Nikki's yoga mat on the roof. They're also planning something for tonight, but I'm not sure what that plan is.

Putting her bra in the freezer? Are they twelve?

• Love 5

What started out as a brilliant concept never grew into anything greater than an entertaining fiasco and finally bottomed out as an object lesson where cameras made it possible to observe opportunists hatch their schemes and cover their tracks.

Now that the producers have decided to block the feeds, mute the audio and censor any controversy that doesn't fit into their storyboard edit, there's nothing left.  

• Love 7

Aaron told Bri the breakdown of last night's votes.  Told her that he is part of a group that wants to "rattle cages," namely the "cages" of Nikki, Amanda and Josh.  It's a secret how they plan to "rattle" because they don't want production to hear their plans.  They've chosen these three people to eliminate because they are "in it for themselves."  Nikki must go first because she is trying to take over everything, including the gardens and the food.  Amanda next because Nikki is her only friend here and she'll be powerless without Nikki (so, why get rid of her, you ask?  No answer for that one).  Last to go will be Josh because they need him to finish building the infrastructure and the workshop before he is eliminated.  Bri asks if she can be part of this elite group but Aaron says no, then he backtracks and says he'll ask the rest of the group if she can become a member and he'll let her know but he asks for her solemn promise for secrecy.  She'll know something is "going down" if she hears someone say the codeword "rattle."  

Mike is now explaining his new governing body that he has named "Miketopia."  It is full of silly and childish gibberish that he says came to him in a dream with a prewritten constitution signed by 8 people, including the tooth fairy, someone named Stephen and a guy named Donnie Chonkin.  He continues to explain in legal jargon the council of "Chonkins."  Its ridiculous and gets him only a few of the many laughs he was likely expecting.  

I'm only watching today so I can see the two new people.  

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 5

Kristen thanks everyone for listening to her ideas on government.

Mike addressing the group.

It's time for his form of government. Miketopia. He says everyone pretty much ran a dictatorship and appointed themselves president. Wants to run a democracy with an actual election. Wrote up a proposal for a constitution, people gave him these ideas from a dream.

Reads preamble. Signed by 8 delegates: Tina cc, Nina cc, Michelle Bobcat, Steve, a guy named Stacy, tooth fairy, Donny Chonkins [this was supposed to be funny, i think].

Pioneer council deals with 4 tasks: manage funds, enforces/creates guidelines, elects officials. Meetings twice a week.

Pioneer council elects secretary to take notes, who then puts in computer. Right now, just notebook scraps. Need to keep history of Utopia and keep rules straight with written materials.

Representatives report from each area (barn, garden, kitchen, etc.) to pioneer council.

Pass/reject/table is action for each rule voted on.

At end of meeting, there will be a call for monitoring issues. Ask if anyone on government has overstepped bounds. Take vote of no confidence. If voted out of job, they just become part of group again.

Chonkins is name of Executive of Utopia. Sets agenda for meeting. Chonkins can't also be a representative. Would be conflict of interest. Chonkins does not have vote, only when deciding vote needed. In charge of administerial duties, oversee accounting, person in charge of chores, etc. Not in charge of representative, but they report to Chonkins. Major areas must report to Chonkins on their issues before each meeting.

Chonkins are nominated, make a speech, be voted on by people. Can remove from power through non-confidence vote.

Each area will pick each representative. Could be the leader or could just be someone who is in the group but an advocate. Be sure to vocalize your needs, for example, if funding needed.

Pioneer council could vote to streamline purchases to keep within overall budget.

Tina cc is name of judiciary. Oversees disputes between pioneers and gathers info for non-confidence votes.

MIke still going through details about Tina cc [boring... so posting now]

• Love 4

Even the feeds stink and keep getting worse. It is like they're trying to fail.

Maybe they are trying to get the show cancelled, especially if there is something in the contracts with these asshats that they get nothing if the show is cancelled.  Or maybe at least if it gets cancelled they'd only have to pay them for the weeks the show lasted and they want to cut their losses. I know, this is probably unlikely and it's far more likely that Production is just unbelievably stupid and somehow thinks that is something worth continuing and that this 'drama' they are trying so hard to manufacture will increase viewership.

• Love 4

Looks like most of the "pioneers" have checked out of Mike's convoluted explanation of his governing idea.  Taylor looks like he's asleep, Dedeker is giggling at everything silly Mike says.  Everyone else just looks glazed over.  

• Love 5

The group voted--Kristen is the secretary of Miketopia, Ernesto is Tina CC ("judge, jury and executioner"), Rob is Chonkins and Mike is the advisor.  

Apparently this is how Congress was created.

Obviously I'm bored and I need a life.  

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 4

So - maggots in food?  That sounds like a little boy prank on a big sister, but one that could backfire and be dangerous.  If Nikki gets sick, is the plan to deny that they did it?  Or will they rat out the person who actually did it, and claim "we didn't know he  was  really going  to do it,  we were joking!" 

But their plan to vote out JOSH is positively evil.  Wait until he's done all the construction work, then get rid of him because he's just an expendable worker bee.  

Mike = asshole.  

• Love 9

In case anyone was curious about nominees:

Secretary - Kristen only one nominated. Kristen elected. [bad choice]
Tina cc - Ernesto, Nikki, Mike nominated.  Ernesto elected.
Chonkins - Rob, Dedeker, Mike, Aaron nominated. Rob elected [apparently, my feed kept cutting out repeatedly during this voting].

• Love 1

Maybe they are trying to get the show cancelled, especially if there is something in the contracts with these asshats that they get nothing if the show is cancelled.  Or maybe at least if it gets cancelled they'd only have to pay them for the weeks the show lasted and they want to cut their losses. I know, this is probably unlikely and it's far more likely that Production is just unbelievably stupid and somehow thinks that is something worth continuing and that this 'drama' they are trying so hard to manufacture will increase viewership.

Or it's already cancelled and this is just a final cash grab to recoup as much as they can from the people left who care enough to pay if it's not free. Sometimes networks let producers know it's done before they're ready to announce it.

• Love 2

On Big Brother, a woman took another man's toothbrush, and scrubbed the toilet bowl.  Production forced her to confess to the man, and the toothbrush was replaced before he could use it.  I never thought I would hold up Big Brother as a good example.

Nice to see they've moved on from torturing animals, to torturing a pregnant woman.  I can't believe production would sit by and allow this.

Tina cc - I've wracked my brain trying to figure out the pun, euphemism, symbolism, etc. to explain how that term means judge/jury/executioner.  Did Mike explain how Ernesto would symbolically execute someone?

• Love 6

Did Mike explain how Ernesto would symbolically execute someone?

If he did, no one there or listening on the feeds caught it.  He's meeting with Ernesto at 2:00 Utopia time, I'm assuming to get the lowdown on Mike's "vision" of Tina CC's power.  

Aaron is continuing to campaign for "Operation Rattle."  He and Bri are discussing the details.  Bri wants to switch Nikki for Josh and have him eliminated first because "he's against me."  Aaron said absolutely not, this is not about personal vendettas, its about what's good for the group (hmmm......isn't Nikki his personal vendetta?).  Bri wants to know why they didn't have this plan when she was on the "chopping block."  Aaron's answer is they didn't know how everyone was going to vote at that time, they needed a starting point to know how everyone thinks.  With the new "rattle" group consisting of Bri, Aaron, Taylor, Mike, Chris and Kristen, Aaron's sure that they have a lock down on the voting process, regardless of how America votes.   Bri said even though she's going to move back in with Chris because she can no longer trust Nikki, "I'll still cuddle with her and tell her I love her."  Aaron told her not to do that because she'll look "two-faced" and that won't look good for their own group.  Bri is worried that if she suddenly starts acting cold toward Nikki, Nikki will know something is up.   What is this show called again?  Utopia???

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 2

Clearly, Aaron's brain is asleep today yet his mouth is in overdrive.  Now he is confronting Josh about asking him again in front of the group about ordering the mason jars.  Aaron said Josh has questioned him on two occasions (the jars and the dirty stove top) in front of people to make him look bad.  Aaron's speech is rapid and pressured, he is talking in circles as he usually does but Josh isn't feeding into it.  He asked specifically about the mason jars--"why didn't you get approval first?"  Aaron said he did get approval, but it was under the guise of "storage containers" instead of mason jars because he was looking at several different types.  As for the stove top, Aaron questions why he should be in charge of cleaning it when other people use the stove behind him.  Josh said having filthy grates and maggots on the stove is unacceptable and a responsible cook wouldn't want that either.  They agree that Aaron will clean the stove at the end of the day and everyone else should clean up after themselves.  Josh said this place cost millions of dollars to build, its their home now and they need to take better care of it and respect it.  He doesn't want to be the clean police but he doesn't want to live in a pig sty either.  After more round and round discussion (more like accusations from Aaron), Josh finally tells Aaron to take his concerns to the Chonkins and they both laugh and then spit and scratch or whatever it is guys do after a discussion.  Kumbayah moment for both, Josh clearly the level head here but rest assured Aaron will tell everyone that he put Josh in his place.  

I'm afraid the new people have been watching the live feeds and may have decided to run in the opposite direction.  I know I would.  Anyway, I'm giving up on waiting for them.  My crap-o-meter is going crazy and its telling me that I need to step away from the computer.  

Edited by 4leafclover
  • Love 6

For those still interested in these horrible people (like me), I've just discovered allofutopia.com.  They do a daily synopsis that's timed and easy to follow (similar to Zahdii's).  For those tired of wading through Jokers (like me).

• Love 9

Tina cc - I've wracked my brain trying to figure out the pun, euphemism, symbolism, etc. to explain how that term means judge/jury/executioner.

can't help on the Tina part, but CC  is sometimes an acronym for commander.

I wouldn't invest any more time trying to decode Mike's government.

Edited by clod
  • Love 2
Aaron told Bri the breakdown of last night's votes.  Told her that he is part of a group that wants to "rattle cages," namely the "cages" of Nikki, Amanda and Josh.  It's a secret how they plan to "rattle" because they don't want production to hear their plans.  They've chosen these three people to eliminate because they are "in it for themselves."  Nikki must go first because she is trying to take over everything, including the gardens and the food.  Amanda next because Nikki is her only friend here and she'll be powerless without Nikki (so, why get rid of her, you ask?  No answer for that one).  Last to go will be Josh because they need him to finish building the infrastructure and the workshop before he is eliminated.  Bri asks if she can be part of this elite group but Aaron says no, then he backtracks and says he'll ask the rest of the group if she can become a member and he'll let her know but he asks for her solemn promise for secrecy.  She'll know something is "going down" if she hears someone say the codeword "rattle."

Well, gee. He tells Bri about their secret plan, and then tells her she can't join.  I'm really glad he's no longer in the military.  

And the code word sounds like something he would come up with under the mistaken impression that it'll make him sound cool and become an internet meme.  Little does he know.

He and Bri are discussing the details.  Bri wants to switch Nikki for Josh and have him eliminated first because "he's against me."

So much for "be my big brother, love me, teach me!"

Josh said having filthy grates and maggots on the stove is unacceptable and a responsible cook wouldn't want that either.

And yet again I wonder - why does he even need to say that out loud?  Why isn't it something Aaron would just instinctively know?  

• Love 4