Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E22: Call Me A Donut Wall

• Start Topic

Does the entire crew wave at the end of each season?

Cheyenne wearing a shirt printed with Leslie Jordan's picture during the waves  reminded me of the sad loss and how the show isn't the same.

• Like 1

I had to rewind back to the Jason Mantzoukas guy because I had thought it was a mannequin, and then, it's an actual man. Is he just doing all that to be weird? Or is something going on with that dude. He was in one of the background shots when they were swinging around after and he still had his arms flat on the table.

• Like 1

Heard the news that the show has been canceled, and it's no surprise.  This show is 2nd only to Lopez vs Lopez for being garbage.  At least Call Me Kat flirted with being a much better, even classic comedy at times, but by this last season and especially this last episode, everything about the show was awful, from stale jokes, sex jokes, situations Lucy and Ethel would be embarrassed to be in, to even the acting of the entire cast.  I have to agree with someone else here who opined Kat as the lead character, the character everything revolves around, got very tiresome as the writers put her into more and more unbelievable and not even funny story lines.  And while I have grown to dislike one of the brighter spots in the cast - Swoozie's Sheila - it's very easy to appreciate Sheila's vitriol toward her immature and 'look at me, look at this crazy thing I'm doing, listen to this crazy thing I'm saying' daughter.

This final episode proved that nobody from the producers to the writers to the actors even cared about putting out a better show.  

RIP Call Me Kat.  Good riddance to bad rubbish is more like it, though.  What a waste of talented actors.

• Like 5

I kept waiting for…

Randi and Kat to get married.

Max getting caught by security and getting arrested for being in possession of “almost weed” at the courthouse or airport.

Kat and Max deciding to get married while they were at the courthouse. 

I admit to always being a sucker for the waves at the end.

I can see how others may find her tiresome but I’ve always liked Sheila, but, then again, I’ve liked Swoozie Kurtz in most, if not all, things I’ve seen her in.

There was a show — I want to say Glee?  With a staff of three main rotating writers and forums speculated that they didn’t even bother to watch each other’s episodes because they were so wildly differing in tone and execution.

Max is a SERIOUS ALCOHOLIC and he needs help and is suffering from a disease!  LOL, J/K, he can drink again now and can steal an entire jar of weed and we’re going to treat it as a goofy fun time!

Kat and Max had a HUGE break-up and huge fights and things were awkward. LOL, J/K, they’re totally into each other again like literally two episodes later and profess their undying love for each other.

I get that it was probably cancellation-induced but that ending was a sour note for me, personally.  I would have been happy to have the love focus remain on the superior couple of Randi & Carter.  Randi’s dress at the courthouse was AMAZING, I’d love to know who it was by.

• Like 3
(edited)
4 hours ago, Lethallyfab said:

Randi’s dress at the courthouse was AMAZING, I’d love to know who it was by.

I looked it up after the show, it’s by Aqua. I think is a Bloomingdale’s exclusive label.

Kat and I have a lot of the same shirts. 😳

Edited by Megan
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
(edited)
On 5/7/2023 at 1:22 AM, Megan said:

I looked it up after the show, it’s by Aqua. I think its a Bloomingdale’s exclusive label.

Kat and I have a lot of the same shirts. 😳

I don't know how I reposted this. 😕

Edited by Megan
(edited)

Its really sad to see this show go out after such a bummer of a season. It went from being just alright to surprisingly good to almost unwatchable to just alright again so many times it gave me whiplash. I'm sad that the show wont have a chance to improve again and saying goodbye to the cast is very unfortunate. Its a great cast and I'm going to miss them, even if the show has gone downhill this season. Some of that was probably due to the tragic passing of Leslie Jordan, which obviously isn't the shows fault, but this season was just a mess. 

You just knew the second Carter asked Kat to get the ring it was going to get stuck on her finger, its one of the oldest sitcom tropes around. 

I would have liked to see Randi and Carter get married, I am so much more invested in them than I am in Kat/Max. Its so easy to forget how many people it takes to make a television show, I feel bad that all of those people have lost their jobs. 

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Like 7
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

I would have liked to see Randi and Carter get married, I am so much more invested in them than I am in Kat/Max. Its so easy to forget how many people it takes to make a television show, I feel bad that all of those people have lost their jobs. 

I would watch the heck out of a show that featured Randy and Carter as the main stars.

• Like 2
54 minutes ago, possibilities said:

Did the original show have more cats in it? I might watch Miranda if it was (1) better than Call Me Kat, and (2) has cats.

It's definitely better than Call Me Kat but no cats.  A cat cafe is an invention for this version of the show.  In the original, she owned a joke shop with her best friend.  And her love interest worked in a restaurant next door.  Not a bar.  

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 5/7/2023 at 10:58 AM, PinkRibbons said:

The waves at the end of this episode made me sad because we can see how many people are about to lose their jobs. :(

On the bright side, maybe some of them were the show's writers!

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • LOL 1