Type keyword(s) to search

S44.E09: Under the Wing of a Dragon LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Just now, LadyChatts said:

I kind of miss the days when contestants would mismanage their rice supply so bad they'd have to approach Jeff like a kid who just scratched his dad's prized car and have Jeff rip them a new one over it.  

Those made for some of the best moments.  The tribe in Australia having to give up the Texas flag always comes first to my mind, and then they nearly lost what they'd gotten! 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
Just now, Lady Calypso said:

What?!?! An immunity challenge where everyone has to balance on a block of wood?!?! HOW NEW!

Hey, they get to balance a ball above their heads.  I mean that's certainly original.

• LOL 4

Carson's hungry, but not enough to volunteer to sit out the challenge.  He just wants other people to do it instead so he can compete.

I actually thought he was saying that if he got to the challenge and saw it was something he knows he had no shot at, he'd have no problem sitting out to negotiate for the rice. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, LadyChatts said:

Carson's hungry, but not enough to volunteer to sit out the challenge.  He just wants other people to do it instead so he can compete.

He’s sitting out. He’s going out tonight.

I know many who often extol "old survivor" and seemed to equate it to players starving but I've always said that frankly watching people starving has never been the appeal of this show to me. So Danny essentially berating and lecturing about some choosing to sit out it was whatever to me. Of course, I'm not the biggest Danny fan anyway. 

• Like 1

So Danny, Carolyn, and Carson say they won't vote out whoever sits out.  Let's see how this goes.

Never mind, they didn't get enough people to sit out.  Wait, never mind, Jamie's going to do it.  Never mind again, she changed her mind.  Oh, but Heidi is going to sacrifice immunity.  So they will get their rice.

• Like 1

Interesting sit-outs. Carson, Lauren, Kane and Heidi sit out. Well, Heidi DID lead the conversation so it makes sense, and Carson literally looks like he's gonna pass out at any moment. But Lauren and Kane? Are they not on the same tribe? Why are they risking it?

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Carey said:

Just bring up a twist to vote out everybody that sits out, and they all go home

The way this show is going with keeping multiple people immune I'm waiting for Jeff to say "hey by the way, everyone who is sitting out is immune.  Did I forget to mention that?"

The way this show is going with keeping multiple people immune I'm waiting for Jeff to say "hey by the way, everyone who is sitting out is immune.  Did I forget to mention that?"

Or put an immunity idol near the bench. Give ‘em something to do.

Just now, Lady Calypso said:

Interesting sit-outs. Carson, Lauren, Kane and Heidi sit out. Well, Heidi DID lead the conversation so it makes sense, and Carson literally looks like he's gonna pass out at any moment. But Lauren and Kane? Are they not on the same tribe? Why are they risking it?

I'm honestly at a little bit of a loss who might go home tonight.  Frannie recognizes Tika is floating in the middle, so could it be one of them if everyone else thinks they are playing both sides?  Ratu still seems like a tight trio and believes Tika is with them.  I don't know, I'm anxious for post-IC scramble to see whose names are getting thrown out.

I never would have expected Frannie of all people to do so well in the challenges.  But a second IC win, against Danny (who once upon a time would probably have been considered a huge immunity threat).

• Like 2
Just now, Straycat80 said:

See, men always lose these foot challenges. But I thought Danny would hang in there. 

To be fair, the weather conditions 100% caused this challenge to be done much faster than usual. If there was no rain or wind, some of them probably would have lasted longer than 5 minutes.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, KaveDweller said:

Frannie is much more impressive now that she's not with Matt all the time.

I remember in episode 1 the guys said Frannie was athletic.  She has great balance.

• Like 1

So who sat out-Carson, Lauren, Kane and Heidi?  And according to Danny (scout's honor), Carolyn, and Carson, they won't vote for anyone who sat out.  We'll see if that holds up.  I'm thinking this could be a blindside vote.

Great job by Frannie...I'm only pissed off that she won because I sorta wanted Danny to win.  So not hating from me to Frannie at all.  I just wanted Massa to win since he's the most determined to emulate what Survivor is all about...and Frannie already won (which isn't factor at all due to people winning multiple stuff in the past).

If it were Yam Yam she'd defeated, I'd be doing cartwheels.  Instead, it's the one person that saved her...and that might've cost Danny in more ways than one

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Even Kane doesn't believe that the sit-outs will be immune by default tonight.  

I'd still love to know why Ratu and Soka hate each other.

Because this is Survivor: Think They Are Still in High School.

Edited by EllenB
  • Wink 1

Lauren wants Danny out.  Brandon not splitting the votes last tribal might have doomed his fellow Ratu members if another Ratu goes tonight.

Now Heidi's name is being thrown out.  Oh no, Lauren is talking about giving her extra vote to Jamie is case a KIP is in play.  And she's letting her use it to vote Heidi.  And Jamie is giving her Kane her "idol".  This is going to be a messy TC.

• Like 1