Type keyword(s) to search

Chit-Chat: What's On Your Mind Today?

Message added by Mod-Tigerkatze,

We all have been drawn into off-topic discussions, me included. There's little that's off-topic when it comes to Chit Chat, so the only ask is that you please remember that this is the Chit Chat topic and that there's a subforum for all things health and wellness here.

If there's something you need clarification on, please keep in mind that it's always best to address a fellow poster directly; talk to them and not about what they said.
If you disagree, consider how we can express our differing opinions and still respect the other's opinion and recognize it as valid.
We're all different people, so different perspectives and points of views are natural, welcome even for growing a healthy community. What is important is that we disagree with empathy and consideration. (If need be, check out the how do we have healthy debates guidelines for more).

• Start Topic

10 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I guess I might go to the movies tomorrow and maybe go get some dinner?! I don’t want to stay at home alone all day crying… 

Any ideas on what to do on thanksgiving???

Well, I don't know where my initial response went. Anyway--my advice is go to a good, fun movie (none of that angsty, sad stuff). Get good take out food and watch something interesting on TV.  And *then* make a plan for your new year, 2024!!  Make it your mission to join something that will be rewarding to you (a local political party, a neighborhood charity, whatever--but get involved in **something** as it's the best way to make friends, connections, etc). You need to connect 🤗

• Like 6
2 hours ago, roseha said:

I was going to be going to a family get together today for Thanksgiving but canceled on Monday because my vasculitis has returned and between my feet being swollen and having some kind of stomach ache (maybe due to the medications, maybe not) I didn't feel it made sense to go to a holiday that is centered around eating.  A lot. 

This is the 4th time in a row I've missed Thanksgiving with family, the first 2 were due to Covid precautions, then last year one of us got Covid.  I am just going to sleep late and try not to stress so feel okay with that.

Hope you all  have a nice one!

🤗❤️

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I have really got the hang of this "Take the whole week off and get Thanksgiving stuff done at a leisurely pace" thing, and may need to make it an annual tradition.  All I have left to do tonight is make dip for the vegetable platter, and that's made with dried herbs, so it's as easy as can be.  I am so relaxed! 

• Like 5
  • Applause 2

Re: the SNL Thanksgiving special?  Still hoping they'll show Thanksgiving specials from years past. So far, it's been mostly late 2200's episodes. I miss Tim Mazurinsky, Joe "I'm from Jersey!" Piscopo, Dana Carvey, Martin Short (the weirdo Ed Grimsley), Gilda Radner's "Roseanna" broadcasts, etc.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Anela said:

I got my digestive biscuits, and we now have two small boxes of Quality Street chocolates, from the world market.  I wasn’t going to get a  second one yet, but dad said they could all disappear before we get back. 

I’m really missing my English family and friends, I haven’t seen most of them since 1990. We stay home on thanksgiving, because of Covid, and also I just don’t feel a part of dad’s family. But he needs to see them, so I’m going to make sure that he gets together with them too. Don’t know when,  but it has to happen. I’m going to make Yorkshire puddings, roast potatoes, and anything else I can think of. Sausage rolls, next week. Maybe.  It will kill my stomach, but I don’t care.  
i remember when a friend sneaked in a massive block of English cheddar cheese, when she visited, and then an American friend just helped herself to a lot of it. 

I'm currently feeling extremely grumpy and not much like giving thanks due to a variety of small things that are adding up, and one very large thing that I won't go into.

But, I do also have some Quality Street, some Hobnobs, and some Walkers Crisps so I'm going to pig out in front of Masterchef UK and other British TV favourites, whilst wallowing in self pity.

I am not missing my British family (see large grump above) and I'm currently planning a small high school reunion in Europe next year, so I'm happy about that.

I would be extremely disgruntled if someone ate my precious cheese!  I had friends over on Friday, and even though I love them dearly and we had cheese, I would not have shared snuck in Cheddar.

Happy Thanksgiving if you celebrate and are feeling it, happy indulgencies if not.

Edited by Ancaster
  • Hugs 3
  • Love 1

Happy Thanksgiving/Friendsgiving/Whatever giving 🧡🦃🍁. Celebrate this holiday in your own style. Eat turkey/ham/steak/veggie or vegan. Let's also remember Native Americans who were here first (& kept the pilgrims from starving that first winter). 

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

Let's also remember Native Americans who were here first (& kept the pilgrims from starving that first winter). 

Gods, yes.  Feast, football, family, just a long weekend including or free of some or all of the above, whatever -- it's all good*, but let's not buy into the "First Thanksgiving" myth in this the year 2023 as part of our collective whitewashing of this country's founding (I will never understand how many people freak out with defensive denial over the horrible but simple fact that, among other facts adding up to a complex history, this country was stolen, and then people were stolen to build it).

*But for some it's quite depressing, thinking of those no longer here to maintain traditions.  And they, especially if it's their first Thanksgiving so situated, don't need to be inundated with admonitions to be thankful for what they do have.

As always, it's a holiday I hope those who celebrate it are indeed enjoying, those who endure it make it through without more than annoyance, those for whom it's just a Thursday have a good day, those who have to work get paid extra, and those for whom it sucks do whatever they need to do in order to wake up the next day and keep putting one foot in front of the other until the Christmas hoopla makes it start all over again.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Applause 4

Today I tried to start Wordle with Spring, since this dreary blustery morning it feels like a far away dream, but it's too long so went with sprig and got five grey tiles.  Hope that's not a spoiler ;- 

Somehow I managed to get it in three, which makes it rather a pleasing solution!

• Like 3

I'm about to start my annual Thanksgiving tradition - working in the kitchen while watching the classic Bob Newhart episode where Bob and the guys all get drunk and then the classic WKRP episode.  Two of my favorite series and episodes of all time.  I'll watch the first half of Packers at Lions before heading out to gather with family.  Happy Thanksgiving everyone! 

• Like 8
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, annzeepark914 said:

Just discovered a Saturday Night Live retrospective (or whatever it's called) on NBC. The first skit was about the family awkward gathering on Thanksgiving. Glad they're showing the early SNL shows too. Whew! Need a humor break right now.

I watched this last night. Penelope is definitely an underused SNL character. Wish there had been more skits with her. I also laughed pretty hard at Your Hometown, the Debbie Downer skit in the opener, and the one where everyone bonds whenever Hello by Adele starts playing. I wish I could do that when my family gets on my nerves. 🤣

• Like 4
On 11/23/2023 at 9:40 AM, Ancaster said:

Today I tried to start Wordle with Spring, since this dreary blustery morning it feels like a far away dream, but it's too long so went with sprig and got five grey tiles.  Hope that's not a spoiler ;- 

Somehow I managed to get it in three, which makes it rather a pleasing solution!

My Thanksgiving day Wordle comment in part: 

Dad treated Mom as a QUEEN.
He prepared the Thanksgiving turkey and stuffing, as well as making apple pie from scratch — which he enjoyed having the time and resources to do. Mom made a green salad and sides from canned foods, taking time to cheer on football stars.
They did it this way for 67 Thanksgivings.

🟨FRUIT pie by Dad 🥧
🟨ALOUD Mom cheers 🏈
🟩YUMMY for us 🍽
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩Mom = QUEEN in Dad’s eyes 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone !   Hope everyone has a good day.  One dinner was yesterday, todays dinner was cancelled as my Fireman son-in-law law has the flu.  That’s ok, I’m tired from yesterday anyway.  It’s football week!   Xo Kristen🍗🏈🤮🗽👋🥰❤️ Thankful for this land of the free. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I hope I don’t get sick. Woke up with a migraine and body aches. Took some meds for that.

Since it’s just me, I’ll be making a dish my Mum used to make which I loved but haven’t made myself in years. Basmati rice with garam masala, red onion, cashews and pomegranate. 

Im spending the day watching Rocky, and a handful of my favorite Bollywood movies.

Will have a “late” Thanksgiving dinner a good friend and her parents on Saturday.

Wishing you all a very happy long weekend and best wishes.

• Like 2
  • Hugs 2
  • Love 3
On 11/22/2023 at 10:39 AM, oliviabenson said:

I guess I might go to the movies tomorrow and maybe go get some dinner?! I don’t want to stay at home alone all day crying… 

Any ideas on what to do on thanksgiving???

Get Chinese and rent some good movies in your Jammie’s.  Renting Top Gun Maverick today.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 3

I started watching A Murder at the End of the World--there are 2 episodes yet to come, and continued watching Pointless and Richard Osman's House of Games. There's more in the line-up depending on how sober am I after dinner, which is currently in the oven. And cross stitching, lots of cross stitching. If I had a cat or dog it would be a perfect Thanksgiving.

• Like 7

This is a tiny problem, but can anyone spare thoughts and prayers for my gaming computer of five years? My computer isn’t turning on.  It’s given me a bit of trouble, but I thought it would hold out until I could replace it.  I have pictures and files on there. I can’t replace it right now.  I have access to another computer, I can visit sites on there, or my iPad, but I want my pictures and files back. And my video games. 

I also want to say that I’m in love with magnesium, when it works, and relaxes me.  And my liquid SAM-e supplement.  

I mean, what the f is this year? 😂 

Edited by Anela
  • Hugs 5
6 minutes ago, Anela said:

This is a tiny problem, but can anyone spare thoughts and prayers for my gaming computer of five years? My computer isn’t turning on.  It’s given me a bit of trouble, but I thought it would hold out until I could replace it.  I have pictures and files on there. I can’t replace it right now.  I have access to another computer, I can visit sites on there, or my iPad, but I want my pictures and files back. And my video games. 

I went through this recently. 
My son-in-law was able to get all my files off of it when a tech guy said he couldn't. 
If you get to that point, post here again or message me.

• Like 4
13 hours ago, Bastet said:

Gods, yes.  Feast, football, family, just a long weekend including or free of some or all of the above, whatever -- it's all good*, but let's not buy into the "First Thanksgiving" myth in this the year 2023 as part of our collective whitewashing of this country's founding (I will never understand how many people freak out with defensive denial over the horrible but simple fact that, among other facts adding up to a complex history, this country was stolen, and then people were stolen to build it).

This is something worth thinking about.  What happened to Native Americans then and even now the discrimination they suffer is ongoing.  In spite of that, I have always loved Thanksgiving for its inclusiveness - it doesn't require a particular religion or culture to participate.

All that said, the expectation we are given, actually hammered into us,  is that we all have a large gathering of family and friends to celebrate with.  A number of posts here show that many have few people or no one.

My daughter and I have only each other and I'm mostly past feeling bad about that.  We used to make a decent size fuss just for us, but I have mobility issues that limit that quite a bit.

This post sounds like such a downer!  It's just a quiet day that I can do as I please and enjoy some treats.  It's OK, really!  😄

• Like 3
  • Hugs 3
  • Love 4
52 minutes ago, Suzn said:

My daughter and I have only each other and I'm mostly past feeling bad about that.  We used to make a decent size fuss just for us, but I have mobility issues that limit that quite a bit.

This post sounds like such a downer!  It's just a quiet day that I can do as I please and enjoy some treats.  It's OK, really!  😄

This is what real Thanksgiving is--being grateful for whatever blessings we're lucky enough to have (e.g , decent health, good health insurance!, a roof over our heads, a day off work, some good food, the love of a kitty or pup, etc). I hope everyone had some good food today and able to relax 🧡😺🍁

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 9
57 minutes ago, PRgal said:

Okay people, I don't mean to shameless self-promote again, but it's official!!  I'm told that it should be available in regular stores over the next few weeks.

Congratulations!! Hope it does exceptionally well!!

@kristen111 the book info is in the underlined link in her post.

Edited by Gramto6
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1

Thanks for the congrats, everyone! And now I'm off to write emails to local, independent stores to see if they'd be interested in carrying the book.  I've also alerted my son's kindergarten teacher and the school's library.  

• Like 8

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I just finished a delicious ham on croissant sandwich after visiting my late husband (well, he's not there, of course...but its a lovely place to say HI!) at the cemetery....its a beautiful blue sky day here and I am so grateful for my health, my safety, my home, my cats!, my friends, the wonderful freedoms we enjoy here in the U.S. of A., and most of all my son, whose first graphic novel is coming out this weekend. (I would post a link but I can guarantee it would not be to most of your taste...set in a future dystopian world with lots of "action".) Really enjoying being all by myself without anyone needing me to do anything for today and tomorrow...what a treat! My nod to the holiday will be a baked sweet potato to go with my decidedly non-traditional prime top sirloin-wrapped-in-bacon for dinner. Hope you all have a truly blessed and delicious day!

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, PRgal said:

Thanks for the congrats, everyone! And now I'm off to write emails to local, independent stores to see if they'd be interested in carrying the book.  I've also alerted my son's kindergarten teacher and the school's library.  

Congratulations!

• Like 6

FYI: there was an article in the NY Times on 11/18/23 in the real estate section: How Do I Make My Building Turn on the Heat (or Turn It Up)?

I have a digital subscription but for some reason it's not letting me share the link and article.  Anyway...I thought some folks might be interested in it. NYC requires building owners to provide heat between October 1 and May 31. From 6 AM to 10 PM, if the outside temperature falls below 55 degrees, the inside temperature must be at least 68 degrees.  Between 10 PM and 6 AM, the inside temperature must be at least 62 degrees, regardless of the outdoor temperature.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 5
21 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I hope I don’t get sick. Woke up with a migraine and body aches. Took some meds for that.

Since it’s just me, I’ll be making a dish my Mum used to make which I loved but haven’t made myself in years. Basmati rice with garam masala, red onion, cashews and pomegranate. 

Im spending the day watching Rocky, and a handful of my favorite Bollywood movies.

Will have a “late” Thanksgiving dinner a good friend and her parents on Saturday.

Wishing you all a very happy long weekend and best wishes.

Yum,.  I just learned to make that rice dish, it also has yogurt.  The article I read in the NYT says it's Indian comfort food. 

• Useful 2

Cooking again today.  Husband brought home the free ham from ShopRite after spending $400.  Ham/pineapple, sweet potatoes, that silly green bean casserole with the onion rings ( love it) and Strawberry cheesecake.  Maybe stomach pump later, lol.  Then Football as usual.  An easy breezy dinner that we pick on all day.   Can’t wait for Wegmans near my house.  They are digging a very big space, so hope it won’t take long.  Everyone here is excited.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1

I hope everyone had a good day yesterday.  We had a small dinner with a couple of friends and enjoyed the food.  We tried to watch Oppenheimer, but it was pretty terrible.  We gave up about an hour in, what with the stilted fake dialogue and the jumping around time wise.  That's the problem with biopics.  "Hey Oppenheimer, I liked your paper on molecules," said no scientist ever. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
51 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Cooking again today.  Husband brought home the free ham from ShopRite after spending $400.  Ham/pineapple, sweet potatoes, that silly green bean casserole with the onion rings ( love it) and Strawberry cheesecake.  Maybe stomach pump later, lol.  Then Football as usual.  An easy breezy dinner that we pick on all day.   Can’t wait for Wegmans near my house.  They are digging a very big space, so hope it won’t take long.  Everyone here is excited.

My son got a free $30.00 pork shoulder from his local grocery. He cut it up and froze most it and put some in his slow cooker with  mirepoix, red wine and veggies. My DIL said it's the best thing she's eaten in years. On Thanksgiving he made a turkey and all the sides. When they called last night he already had the carcass in the slow cooker and was making stock. Ah youth. I was lucky to heat up some Costco rotisserie chicken, make mashed potatoes and Stove Top, lol.

• Like 7
  • Wink 1
  • Applause 1

We went to my cousin's home for dinner yesterday. Good food and fun, interesting conversations. She roasted a turkey breast which was delicious and enough for 5 people. I brought what I call a Thanksgiving Salad ☺️ and Chocolate Forgotten Cookies. Our tree will go up this weekend but I'm not ready for Xmas season. It feels like autumn just began a week ago 🍁

• Like 6

Wish I could go on vacation some place warm, like Florida like we used to, but husband has no interest in traveling lately.  It’s a two day drive and he doesn’t like to fly anymore.   If I go myself, I wind up with all the cooking, etc.  Guess I’ll be watching lots of tv this winter.  Have plenty of Apps, and decorating to do.  Anyone going anywhere this winter ??

• Like 2

I was just at the Golden Skate forum, reading about the current competition (Rhythm Dance segment) in Japan. Music selections were being critiqued and one poster said her nephew and his bride chose Never Tear Us Apart as their first dance. The marriage lasted four months 🙄. Never heard this song so I looked it up and wondered how anyone could even dance to this song (altho' a lot of people don't seem to know how to dance so they just sway). 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, annzeepark914 said:

We went to my cousin's home for dinner yesterday. Good food and fun, interesting conversations. She roasted a turkey breast which was delicious and enough for 5 people. I brought what I call a Thanksgiving Salad ☺️ and Chocolate Forgotten Cookies. Our tree will go up this weekend but I'm not ready for Xmas season. It feels like autumn just began a week ago 🍁

What's Thanksgiving Salad?  Is it greens with turkey and sweet potatoes?

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, PRgal said:

What's Thanksgiving Salad?  Is it greens with turkey and sweet potatoes?

It's Boston lettuce and mixed greens, some thin sliced red onions, lightly toasted walnuts, halved seedless red grapes, slices of a red pear, and diced mild Gorgonzola. I used Ina Garten's Greek Salad dressing (and add honey to it to tone down the tartness). This is just my creation and I call it Thanksgiving Salad because of the grapes and walnuts (they just seem Thanksgiving-y to me).

• Like 8
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, annzeepark914 said:

It's Boston lettuce and mixed greens, some thin sliced red onions, lightly toasted walnuts, halved seedless red grapes, slices of a red pear, and diced mild Gorgonzola. I used Ina Garten's Greek Salad dressing (and add honey to it to tone down the tartness). This is just my creation and I call it Thanksgiving Salad because of the grapes and walnuts (they just seem Thanksgiving-y to me).

That sounds really good.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, annzeepark914 said:

Yum!  My dad's "Weekend Salad" (because we have a big family dinner every Saturday) has walnuts and avocado (mixed greens, cherry or grape tomatoes, walnuts and avocado tossed in a balsamic and extra virgin olive oil dressing)!

• Like 5
  • Love 2
17 minutes ago, PRgal said:

Yum!  My dad's "Weekend Salad" (because we have a big family dinner every Saturday) has walnuts and avocado (mixed greens, cherry or grape tomatoes, walnuts and avocado tossed in a balsamic and extra virgin olive oil dressing)!

Ooh, that sounds good too!

• Like 5
5 minutes ago, peacheslatour said:

Ooh, that sounds good too!

And my dad got my son to try salad, too!  He used to HATE leafy greens.  "Gung Gung's Salad" is the only salad my son would eat.  

ETA:  Keep in mind that my parents are both immigrants from Hong Kong.  Leafy green salads weren't a "thing" there back in the 70s when they arrived.  "Salad" existed, but it was usually potato salad.  

Edited by PRgal
  • Like 1
  • Useful 4

My niece-in-law combines her very small family with my nephew's family for the 5 years they've been married, and my family and I are lucky enough to be invited each year.  This year she had the dinner catered and made her own additional sausage stuffing. She goes a bit crazy with the apps that she puts out and you could make a meal just out of her appetizers. 

I too, like Kristen, got the free entree from my supermarket, after spending the required $400 in a month's time, which is not hard to do these days. Since my son, DIL, and grandson are vegan, I got the Tofurky plant-based roast. Believe it or not, it's actually more costly than the free turkey, ham, or turkey breast they also offer. Another choice is the family size Stouffer's vegetable lasagna. I cooked the Tofurky roast and brought it over hot. My other contributions were my pumpkin nut loaf and apple pie. There was so much food left over and my niece-in-law gave everyone a generous portion of leftovers to bring home.

I'm finally resting after having my son, and my 2 1/2 y.o. grandson here since last Wednesday night.  My DIL had to attend a family funeral back home and since she's nursing the 4-month-old, she had to fly back with him. They returned here Monday night and stayed until today. When they come, they bring the cat and dog, too, so it's been a madhouse the last week plus. I've not had a minute to think about Christmas shopping and forget about decorating for Christmas. My son offered to take the tree down from the attic before he left, but there's cleaning to be done before the tree goes up, plus I have all my decorations in plastic tubs and don't want them sitting around in my LR and DR before I get around to putting everything out. 

Plus, my hubby is a Scrooge as he ages and I can't really blame him for not wanting to do the outside lights, etc, because it's mostly him who does it all. I can't go up into the attic and do all that up and down b/c of bad knees. I am in charge of stringing the lights around the porch railing and he does the lighted Santa and lighted angel, Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus on the front lawn. We had a giant lighted wreath that went up on the porch facade, but the past few years it's not been displayed b/c hubby doesn't feel like getting the ladder out and hanging it. 

I have such a love for decorating for Christmas but as I get older it gets harder and harder. The one thing that I DO do all by myself is decorating the tree. The tree is one of those pre-lit ones, so all I have to do is hang ornaments, but I really hang a LOT of ornaments on the tree. My grandson was 1 1/2 last Christmas and the look on his face and his shouts of "Wow, wow, wow", were worth the effort. 

My beautiful creche won't be going out, though, b/c those toddler fingers won't be able to stay away from touching it. 

My immediate next-door neighbor hires a company that does all of her outside Christmas lights and decor. I have no clue how expensive that might be. 

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

My niece-in-law combines her very small family with my nephew's family for the 5 years they've been married, and my family and I are lucky enough to be invited each year.  This year she had the dinner catered and made her own additional sausage stuffing. She goes a bit crazy with the apps that she puts out and you could make a meal just out of her appetizers. 

I too, like Kristen, got the free entree from my supermarket, after spending the required $400 in a month's time, which is not hard to do these days. Since my son, DIL, and grandson are vegan, I got the Tofurky plant-based roast. Believe it or not, it's actually more costly than the free turkey, ham, or turkey breast they also offer. Another choice is the family size Stouffer's vegetable lasagna. I cooked the Tofurky roast and brought it over hot. My other contributions were my pumpkin nut loaf and apple pie. There was so much food left over and my niece-in-law gave everyone a generous portion of leftovers to bring home.

I'm finally resting after having my son, and my 2 1/2 y.o. grandson here since last Wednesday night.  My DIL had to attend a family funeral back home and since she's nursing the 4-month-old, she had to fly back with him. They returned here Monday night and stayed until today. When they come, they bring the cat and dog, too, so it's been a madhouse the last week plus. I've not had a minute to think about Christmas shopping and forget about decorating for Christmas. My son offered to take the tree down from the attic before he left, but there's cleaning to be done before the tree goes up, plus I have all my decorations in plastic tubs and don't want them sitting around in my LR and DR before I get around to putting everything out. 

Plus, my hubby is a Scrooge as he ages and I can't really blame him for not wanting to do the outside lights, etc, because it's mostly him who does it all. I can't go up into the attic and do all that up and down b/c of bad knees. I am in charge of stringing the lights around the porch railing and he does the lighted Santa and lighted angel, Mary, Joseph, and baby Jesus on the front lawn. We had a giant lighted wreath that went up on the porch facade, but the past few years it's not been displayed b/c hubby doesn't feel like getting the ladder out and hanging it. 

I have such a love for decorating for Christmas but as I get older it gets harder and harder. The one thing that I DO do all by myself is decorating the tree. The tree is one of those pre-lit ones, so all I have to do is hang ornaments, but I really hang a LOT of ornaments on the tree. My grandson was 1 1/2 last Christmas and the look on his face and his shouts of "Wow, wow, wow", were worth the effort. 

My beautiful creche won't be going out, though, b/c those toddler fingers won't be able to stay away from touching it. 

My immediate next-door neighbor hires a company that does all of her outside Christmas lights and decor. I have no clue how expensive that might be. 

I hear you.  I do all the decorating in the house and it gets harder as the years go by.  Things become a hassle.  What is it with men at a certain age?  Mine too says he shops better than me now.  He is also a Scrooge when it comes to certain things.  I do everything in the house, always did as he worked two jobs many times to put the kids thru college.  Now tho, we have a Condo, so it eliminates doing work on the outside, which is a big help.  Sounds like you had a very busy week.  It’s all good things tho, especially when little kids are concerned.  No more store shopping for me.  Gift cards is the way to go.  P.S.  We lived in Oceanside for 27 yrs, and I worked in the school system.  Now in Suffolk.  Hope you can relax this weekend.  😀

• Like 4
34 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

I loved your description of the little one's reaction to your Xmas decorations. That sure is motivation to haul out the boxes of bulbs and other special tree decorations. But if I were you, I'd look into hiring a company to do the big stuff (that also requires a ladder), especially since you enjoy having your home, decorated inside and outside. 

• Like 4
47 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I hear you.  I do all the decorating in the house and it gets harder as the years go by.  Things become a hassle.  What is it with men at a certain age?  Mine too says he shops better than me now.  He is also a Scrooge when it comes to certain things.  I do everything in the house, always did as he worked two jobs many times to put the kids thru college.  Now tho, we have a Condo, so it eliminates doing work on the outside, which is a big help.  Sounds like you had a very busy week.  It’s all good things tho, especially when little kids are concerned.  No more store shopping for me.  Gift cards is the way to go.  P.S.  We lived in Oceanside for 27 yrs, and I worked in the school system.  Now in Suffolk.  Hope you can relax this weekend.  😀

Sounds like I’m complaining in general about men.  I’m not actually.  He did more than his share.  Met him when I was 20.  Married at 22.  He is the love of my life and I’d be a dead woman without him.  ❤️❤️  Just sayin.  

• Love 8