Type keyword(s) to search

Chit-Chat: What's On Your Mind Today?

Message added by Mod-Tigerkatze,

We all have been drawn into off-topic discussions, me included. There's little that's off-topic when it comes to Chit Chat, so the only ask is that you please remember that this is the Chit Chat topic and that there's a subforum for all things health and wellness here.

If there's something you need clarification on, please keep in mind that it's always best to address a fellow poster directly; talk to them and not about what they said.
If you disagree, consider how we can express our differing opinions and still respect the other's opinion and recognize it as valid.
We're all different people, so different perspectives and points of views are natural, welcome even for growing a healthy community. What is important is that we disagree with empathy and consideration. (If need be, check out the how do we have healthy debates guidelines for more).

• Start Topic

8 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

sketch.jpg

Excellent rendering, but yes, the channels that the bars slide through are on the door, and the door opens inward, so…?
I guess since it's a prop, maybe for safety they made it not lock anyone out?

Maybe, but they were probably on a sound stage LOL.  In further thinking about it, I think the lock would not work as needed if the channels were not on the door frame. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, ABay said:

And now for something completely different...I have a question about online erotica and am hesitant to post it here. Is there a more appropriate forum on the site?

May I quote Star Wars here, "These are not the people you are looking for."

I may be wrong.

Edited by nokat
  • Like 3

The channels should be on the door frame or wall next to the door.  Picture a castle or medieval house with a bar across the door.  One version is a drawbar door -- instead of being a separate bar, the bar slides into the wall.  I can't find a good link, but if you search drawbar door, you might have better luck with images.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2
52 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

In further thinking about it, I think the lock would not work as needed if the channels were not on the door frame. 

10 minutes ago, Browncoat said:

The channels should be on the door frame or wall next to the door.  Picture a castle or medieval house with a bar across the door.  One version is a drawbar door -- instead of being a separate bar, the bar slides into the wall.  I can't find a good link, but if you search drawbar door, you might have better luck with images.

Not much luck.

I just checked a few seconds later in that scene to see if there was maybe another bar on the outside of the door, but there isn't.

It seems like this should be a long-standing joke, but I can't even find an image of her triple locking door outside of the episodes on film.

• LOL 2
6 hours ago, ABay said:

And now for something completely different...I have a question about online erotica and am hesitant to post it here. Is there a more appropriate forum on the site?

Try Reddit. They have subreddits for everything. Are you interested in reading or sharing what you wrote?

• Like 1
8 hours ago, ABay said:

Do you mean fanfiction? We have a thread for that, in the Everything Else TV forum. Although the conversation is more general and doesn't go into much details about explicit stories.

• Like 3

Reddit has not helped, but maybe I'm not doing it right. I find it chaotic and most of what might be relevant subreddits are either archived or gross. Definitely not fanfiction. But, I sincerely thank you for trying to help.

What I need is a chatbot that isn't a prig. I found a story I really loved and want to find more like it. It was a sweet story! It genuinely moved me to the verge of tears. But there's no way to describe it without triggering sensitive AIs. A general web search is useless* and all the chatbots I've tried need to fan themselves and take to the fainting couch. Gemini practically clutches its pearls, ChatGPT will flash (don't...) info on screen then it disappears and there's a "this might violate our policies...", Copilot hates most of my prompts, like if it isn't fit for toddlers it can't deal, etc. I haven't actually tried Claude for this but I'm not hopeful.

Maybe there aren't any others like it. One of things I like about it is how different it is from anything else I've read and another is that it purports to be a true story and I think it actually might be. The author hasn't written anything else and it feels like real life, unlike all the other things I've seen that are clearly not true regardless of how they're tagged.

Truly, it's a sweet story,it just happens to be about things that make all the AIs I've tried reach for the smelling salts.

*Love you DuckDuckGo but please consider advanced search features.

@ABay To clarify, you read a story somewhere--on line?--that you really liked.  You want to find similar stories written by AI?  Or rather you want to ask an AI source to generate a similar story?  And because the story has erotic elements you are getting rejected in various sources?

• Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, ABay said:

Reddit has not helped, but maybe I'm not doing it right. I find it chaotic and most of what might be relevant subreddits are either archived or gross. Definitely not fanfiction. But, I sincerely thank you for trying to help.

What I need is a chatbot that isn't a prig. I found a story I really loved and want to find more like it. It was a sweet story! It genuinely moved me to the verge of tears. But there's no way to describe it without triggering sensitive AIs. A general web search is useless* and all the chatbots I've tried need to fan themselves and take to the fainting couch. Gemini practically clutches its pearls, ChatGPT will flash (don't...) info on screen then it disappears and there's a "this might violate our policies...", Copilot hates most of my prompts, like if it isn't fit for toddlers it can't deal, etc. I haven't actually tried Claude for this but I'm not hopeful.

Maybe there aren't any others like it. One of things I like about it is how different it is from anything else I've read and another is that it purports to be a true story and I think it actually might be. The author hasn't written anything else and it feels like real life, unlike all the other things I've seen that are clearly not true regardless of how they're tagged.

Truly, it's a sweet story,it just happens to be about things that make all the AIs I've tried reach for the smelling salts.

I googled "AI erotica" and it came up with some options. But you probably did that yourself. 

14 hours ago, ABay said:

Try r/RomanceBooks over on Reddit. It's a romance novel community, but the community is vast and knowledgeable. If you post looking for recommendations like and give the name of the story, someone on there has already read it and knows readalikes.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

We finally have a Thank You reaction emoji that doesn't look like it's sorry!

thank-you_5553885.png

The colors are too Christmassy for me, but it's a big improvement, and something I can use more often (not just when I'm crying while I thank someone, LOL).

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Applause 2
16 hours ago, nokat said:

I have to quit looking at a package label that says three servings, and thinking I'm up to the challenge.

I'm not sure what that means: 

1. The label is shaming you and the whole package is a nice meal by itself instead of just a third of it being a side?
  2. Or do you wind up not being able to eat the whole package without feeling physically uncomfortable, and/or you throw away a third of it?
  3. Or it really is a single serving and the package is bluffing.
  4. All of the above.
8 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I'm not sure what that means: 

1. The label is shaming you and the whole package is a nice meal by itself instead of just a third of it being a side?
  2. Or do you wind up not being able to eat the whole package without feeling physically uncomfortable, and/or you throw away a third of it?
  3. Or it really is a single serving and the package is bluffing.
  4. All of the above.

I'd say number three.  I always like the half serving, and wonder who gets the short end of the stick.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1