Type keyword(s) to search

Chit-Chat: What's On Your Mind Today?

Message added by Mod-Tigerkatze,

We all have been drawn into off-topic discussions, me included. There's little that's off-topic when it comes to Chit Chat, so the only ask is that you please remember that this is the Chit Chat topic and that there's a subforum for all things health and wellness here.

If there's something you need clarification on, please keep in mind that it's always best to address a fellow poster directly; talk to them and not about what they said.
If you disagree, consider how we can express our differing opinions and still respect the other's opinion and recognize it as valid.
We're all different people, so different perspectives and points of views are natural, welcome even for growing a healthy community. What is important is that we disagree with empathy and consideration. (If need be, check out the how do we have healthy debates guidelines for more).

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

Catching up on reading the forum can someone tell me about the SNL episodes you say they played about Thanksgiving?  I DVR SNL and nothing was different. 
I am still on a high from seeing a favorite comedian last night. I took my 2 best friends and have never seen those two laugh so hard. That laughter is the best medicine. I got to speak to her for a minute while she autographed a sweatshirt for me. 

Do you want to say who it was?  Would we know them?  Glad you had such a great time.

You're right of course about laughter being the best medicine.  My best friend and I have been texting on and off all day long today, intermittently laughing and  crying. We even got some grown up financial talk in there at one point (we're both 60).  We are about 15 minutes apart, but it was one of those days when it just worked out to be just texting on and off and offering love or hugs or making each other laugh as we needed.  I think it ended up being a good day for both of us on balance.  It was for me.  And I made another friend laugh hysterically while driving (safely) on the freeway using the voice text thingy.  Yes, a good day.

• Love 6

The clouds this morning: sunny up top and so dark below. I've never felt so seen. 😉

I had a good Thanksgiving and I hope everyone else did too. I hope to see several Christmas concerts. I've been getting out more now that more social people "adopted" me. 

Edited by nokat
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 4

I think SNL always runs a Thanksgiving special compilation of old skits at 10 PM on the Saturday before Thanksgiving.  That's probably what they are talking about. 

I'm also curious what comedian you saw.  I love stand-up. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 2
18 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

Catching up on reading the forum can someone tell me about the SNL episodes you say they played about Thanksgiving?  I DVR SNL and nothing was different. 

I just checked. I have YouTubeTV and use the "DVR" (follow) feature there.  It didn't show up under "recently recorded" or the current season or "extras".  But when I searched for it (searching for "SNL Thanksgiving") - it showed up as "aired 4 days ago," Season 47, Episode 100. (Which makes me think it's not a brand new compilation, but the same one they showed a year or two ago.)  Not sure if that's consistent across other DVR providers, but maybe check there? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I met a friend for early supper at the Corner Bakery Cafe. While we were eating our Baked Potato Soup and chatting, something moved in my peripheral vision. I turned to look and saw the tiniest mouse on the planet! It looked like my cat's little toys. My friend wanted to leave but I said the little guy got scared and took off. About 20 minutes later, I saw it again and waved to the mgr. He came over and said that construction two office down in the shopping center was causing this problem & he'd notified center mgmt. So...we continued yakking away (we're big talkers). Then, a little mouse ran out from under the booth behind my friend and that was IT for her 😄. When I got home & told my husband, he said there were probably mice in the kitchen. Uh-oh. Hope I didn't ingest any mouse droppings!

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Hugs 3
  • Wink 1
  • LOL 2

My story today is a doozy.   I am very upset and sad and have an ache in my heart.  I got a phone call from a Nephew of a guy I used to go with when I was young that he died.  He was my first love from when I was 14 until I was 19.  You never forget your first love.  I met my husband the same time that I was going with the first love.  We all worked for the same Company.   I was dating both unknown to them, but picked my husband and got married.  Husband as more stable.  Anyhow, I met the first love here and there in the neighborhood on the street or in stores and we reminisced.  No hanky pinky whatsoever.  Never.  The nephew told me the first love had a surgery last Wednesday and everything went well and he was to be released on Saturday.  Friday, out of nowhere, he colappesed in the hospital and died.  He never married and spoke to the Nephew about me and wished he saw me one last time.    I got the call when my husband was at the store.  By then, I stopped crying.  I can’t tell my husband.  It wouldn’t go well, so I’m telling all of you to get it off my chest.   I have a good marriage and wonderful husband, but you never forget your first LOVE.  I am just so very sad tonight.  Memories.   Plenty of misspelled mistakes here tonight, but can’t fix them.   Too teary eyed.  Doubt I will sleep tonight.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 1
  • Hugs 12
  • Sad 3

So sorry for your loss @kristen111! It is a sweet story with a very sad ending. You and your DH have a great life it sounds like. A piece of your friend will always be in your heart for you to cherish as you need and has nothing to do with the love you and DH have. (((HUGS)))

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5

@kristen111 That's what's so good about this forum. You can tell us and it "stays in the vault!"  Thank goodness your DH was out while you were processing such shocking & sad news. Those young loves are special because everything was new: holding hands, wearing his ring, "going steady", looking forward to the weekends for those wonderful dates. You were/are fortunate to have two great guys in your life (and not having to endure dates with all the frogs out there!) 🌸

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

kristen111.  I’m so sorry about the shocking news about your first love.

I love stand up so much.  It was what my late husband and I did anytime we could. The 3 months before his death I jammed in as many as possible including his favorite Brian Regan ,Kathleen Madigan and Lewis Black . I even called Kathleen’s manager because the venue was not showing when tickets where going on sale. Now back in my hometown after my husbands death I couldn’t go see Brian for some time but did last year.
Paula Poundstone is who I saw for the 5th time Saturday   When I was speaking with her  I told her the first I saw her was when she first blew into town ( San Francisco )  she asked if I remembered  the club name which I didn’t just it’s location.  She is brilliant !  I re- read one of her books the week before.   Ups and downs during 35 years of marriage we made each other laugh. I miss it the most. 

• Love 5
23 hours ago, kristen111 said:

I can’t tell my husband.  It wouldn’t go well,

Yikes; he'd be jealous, insecure, or something else after all these years of marriage about a guy you were in love with as a teenager? 

The memories must be pretty overwhelming tonight -- even though you'd continued to see him around town, there may be an extent to which in your mind he's still that boy you shared so many years with as teens, which would make it all the more jarring to learn he died. 

My first love and I remained friends for years after we broke up (because we were friends before we ever hooked up and then decided to date, and the break-up was not because one of us did anything bad to the other, we just wanted different lives [he wanted to eventually get married and have kids, and I didn't]), but I later chose to cut ties after he twice got engaged yet called me talking about how it wasn't the same as it was with us.  There's no one in his family who would let me know if he died, and after all this time we no longer have any mutual friends, but if I somehow came across that information, it would really hit me hard at first.  I'm sorry you're going through that, and alone to boot; it's sad you can't share your emotions over this unexpected sad news with your husband.

21 hours ago, athousandclowns said:

including his favorite Brian Regan ,Kathleen Madigan and Lewis Black .

I'm not familiar with Regan, but I enjoy Lewis Black and Kathleen Madigan is my second-favorite (to Wanda Sykes) comedian of all time.  (As a fan, you probably know Black and Madigan used to date a very, very long time ago and remain extremely close friends to this day, but if not, there's some trivia for you.)

Paula Poundstone is who I saw for the 5th time Saturday

I loved her back in the day.  I haven't come across anything new of hers in a long time, but earlier this year some old shows popped up as recommendations on YouTube and I greatly enjoyed revisiting them.  I meant to look into what she's up to lately, but didn't do it, so I'm glad you mentioned her. 

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 5

I’m so sorry, @kristen111!  I don’t know much about love - I didn’t have that “sort of” guy like you did - so I can’t really relate. 

Different thing:  since when did teachers start referring to themselves as Ms. or Mr. Firstname?  My son’s last school was just as I remembered: Ms./Mr. Last name.  Suddenly, at his new school, half the teachers are Ms./Mr. Firstname.  Mostly people with harder-to-pronounce last names or ones that can be confusing . 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, PRgal said:

Different thing:  since when did teachers start referring to themselves as Ms. or Mr. Firstname?  My son’s last school was just as I remembered: Ms./Mr. Last name.  Suddenly, at his new school, half the teachers are Ms./Mr. Firstname.  Mostly people with harder-to-pronounce last names or ones that can be confusing . 

Just theorizing based on my limited observations:
I think Ms. or Mr. Firstname started in the South in the U.S.?

I think I was first addressed that way by some students when I was a college librarian somewhere in the mid-aughts.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 5
10 hours ago, kristen111 said:

My story today is a doozy.   I am very upset and sad and have an ache in my heart.  I got a phone call from a Nephew of a guy I used to go with when I was young that he died.  He was my first love from when I was 14 until I was 19.  You never forget your first love.  I met my husband the same time that I was going with the first love.  We all worked for the same Company.   I was dating both unknown to them, but picked my husband and got married.  Husband as more stable.  Anyhow, I met the first love here and there in the neighborhood on the street or in stores and we reminisced.  No hanky pinky whatsoever.  Never.  The nephew told me the first love had a surgery last Wednesday and everything went well and he was to be released on Saturday.  Friday, out of nowhere, he colappesed in the hospital and died.  He never married and spoke to the Nephew about me and wished he saw me one last time.    I got the call when my husband was at the store.  By then, I stopped crying.  I can’t tell my husband.  It wouldn’t go well, so I’m telling all of you to get it off my chest.   I have a good marriage and wonderful husband, but you never forget your first LOVE.  I am just so very sad tonight.  Memories.   Plenty of misspelled mistakes here tonight, but can’t fix them.   Too teary eyed.  Doubt I will sleep tonight.

Feel free to also post in the Grief, bereavement, mourning, loss… thread.
🧸💔❤️‍🩹

• Like 7
12 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

Just theorizing based on my limited observations:
I think Ms. or Mr. Firstname started in the South in the U.S.?

I think I was first addressed that way by some students when I was a college librarian somewhere in the mid-aughts.

But I’m in Toronto.  Teachers were always by last name.  And I thought Mr./Ms. Firstname was for adults children know, like a neighbour or a friend’s parent?

• Like 5
9 minutes ago, PRgal said:

And I thought Mr./Ms. Firstname was for adults children know, like a neighbour or a friend’s parent?

I think when it's a teacher being addressed by a student (as opposed to a neighbor or friend's parent) the Mr./Ms. part denotes an acknowledgement of the adult being in a position of power or respect, or at least that the relationship is a formal one?

But I cringed when I was first addressed that way.

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 2
11 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

I think when it's a teacher being addressed by a student (as opposed to a neighbor or friend's parent) the Mr./Ms. part denotes an acknowledgement of the adult being in a position of power or respect, or at least that the relationship is a formal one?

But I cringed when I was first addressed that way.

It just takes a bit of getting used to since it’s not by last name.  Some teachers do go by Mr./Ms. Lastname.  

• Like 3

I have heard Miss First Name being used among many Black families here in NYC, either for direct address or to refer to the person when talking to someone else.  Maybe it originated in the south.  Not for a teacher, just for an elder who is not an aunt or other blood relative.  It's a respectful term but it denotes a less formal relationship than Miss Last Name would. 

Some Spanish speaking people use Senora First Name. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, Bastet said:

My first love and I remained friends for years after we broke up (because we were friends before we ever hooked up and then decided to date, and the break-up was not because one of us did anything bad to the other, we just wanted different lives [he wanted to eventually get married and have kids, and I didn't]), but I later chose to cut ties after he twice got engaged yet called me talking about how it wasn't the same as it was with us.  There's no one in his family who would let me know if he died, and after all this time we no longer have any mutual friends, but if I somehow came across that information, it would really hit me hard at first.  I'm sorry you're going through that, and alone to boot; it's sad you can't share your emotions over this unexpected sad news with your husband.

Thank you for all that .. you understand.  He got out of the Army and just wanted to hang out with the guys and drink beer.  I wanted more.  I probably wanted a ring as so many did in those days, and he wasn’t ready.  Therefor, I started seeing my husband at 20 yrs of age.  My husband had already been in the service, stationed in Germany and sowed his oats so to speak and was ready for a relationship.  The first love .. I knew his family well, went upstate N.Y. with all of them often.  A wonderful family too, but not in the cards for us at that time.  What hurts is that he told his nephew all about me, and wished to see me at some point, as we are older now.  P.S.   I’m not some floozy who went around with every guy.  Never was very intimate with either, as I grew up very strict.  My first encounter was when I got married, and my husband was great and respectful of that.  He was amazing and very patient. Lol.  Anyhow, I did tell him last night in bed of the death.  He was silent for a minute, then said he was sorry.  He’s a good guy and I am very fortunate.  Thanks so much.  Everyone also.  Case closed.

• Hugs 6
  • Wink 1
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Anyhow, I did tell him last night in bed of the death.  He was silent for a minute, then said he was sorry.  He’s a good guy and I am very fortunate.  Thanks so much.  Everyone also.  Case closed.

I'm quoting this because I haven't read through all the posts yet, but this makes me happy that you shared the news with your husband and he expressed sympathy. I was wondering why you didn't feel like you could share that with him. That chapter was over eons ago and you chose your husband and not the first love.

I'm very sorry for your loss. I wonder about my first love from time to time, but in my case his sisters found me on Facebook and requested we be FB friends. However, they're estranged from their brother, so all I know is that he's married with 2 children. 

• Like 4

Kristen, I'm glad you got to tell your husband after all.  It makes sense, given your long relationship.  It's amazing how long forgotten emotions can get stirred up by news. 

Back to comedians:  Thanks for posting the names.  I like all of those.  I once saw Lewis Black live at a small NYC club.  I know Paula Poundstone mostly from Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, but she was always good there. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Back to comedians:  Thanks for posting the names.  I like all of those.  I once saw Lewis Black live at a small NYC club.  I know Paula Poundstone mostly from Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, but she was always good there. 

Funny isn't it, Paula Poundstone is one of the few instant click offs for me on Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me!.

On the subject of NPR radio shows, I'm going to see Luke Burbank and Live Wire next month.  It's here in his hometown, so I'm hoping he's going to have a local guest.

Edited by Ancaster
  • Like 4
3 minutes ago, ECM1231 said:

I'm quoting this because I haven't read through all the posts yet, but this makes me happy that you shared the news with your husband and he expressed sympathy. I was wondering why you didn't feel like you could share that with him. That chapter was over eons ago and you chose your husband and not the first love.

Yes, I know, but what can I say?  Husband is Italian and very emotional.  He thinks five years is a long time to be with someone.  ????  No offense to Italians of course.  Who knows what men think.  I worked with Engineers in the office and he hated that.  So much thst he switched to nights, lol.

• Sad 3
20 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

Getting back to intarsia cat sweaters, I just found this ancient leaflet in my house, stuck in a random book.  It's from Redbook, 1984.  The cat body extends over the shoulder of the adult sweater.  For kids, there's a kittycat scarf. 

cat sweater redbook.jpg

That’s adorable!

• Like 4
42 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

Yes, I know, but what can I say?  Husband is Italian and very emotional.  He thinks five years is a long time to be with someone.  ????  No offense to Italians of course.  Who knows what men think.  I worked with Engineers in the office and he hated that.  So much thst he switched to nights, lol.

I was going to respond to your earlier post and say that I totally felt you couldn't share the news with your husband, and that I shared your sadness in feeling the loss without his support.  It's tough.  Much as we love them, some people can't deal with any kind of details of previous relationships, even if there wasn't a smidgeon of two-timing.  I'm very glad you felt able to tell him after all.  I don't think my ex would have been able to cope (note the "ex" - I wasn't as lucky as you).  ♥️

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1
  • Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Ancaster said:

I was going to respond to your earlier post and say that I totally felt you couldn't share the news with your husband, and that I shared your sadness in feeling the loss without his support.  It's tough.  Much as we love them, some people can't deal with any kind of details of previous relationships, even if there wasn't a smidgeon of two-timing.  I'm very glad you felt able to tell him after all.  I don't think my ex would have been able to cope (note the "ex" - I wasn't as lucky as you).  ♥️

You get it.  Mine is very cut n dry.  No details.  I shared, he responded, then dismissed it.  ♥️

• Like 3
  • Hugs 2
1 hour ago, EtheltoTillie said:

I have heard Miss First Name being used among many Black families here in NYC, either for direct address or to refer to the person when talking to someone else.  Maybe it originated in the south.  Not for a teacher, just for an elder who is not an aunt or other blood relative.  It's a respectful term but it denotes a less formal relationship than Miss Last Name would. 

Yes, I think this is why I felt uncomfortable being addressed as Miss Firstname by students. I'm white and many of them were POC. It seemed to cast me in a role similar to an owner of enslaved people — which I suppose a supervisor can be. One Black student from South Carolina switched to just calling me Firstname at some point when we had worked together more often — probably because that's what my boss encouraged us to use with the students. I'm going to try to find out how that student is doing in her career now, but I'm sure it's fine. She was delight to be around.

• Like 1

That's so interesting, @shapeshifter.  I think these terms are likely a vestige of slaveholder history, and I totally understand your discomfort.

However, when I hear it being used now, it is by Black people amongst themselves and to each other, within friend groups, and so on.  I am privy to these conversations in regard to some of my cases when I meet with families. 

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

That's so interesting, @shapeshifter.  I think these terms are likely a vestige of slaveholder history, and I totally understand your discomfort.

However, when I hear it being used now, it is by Black people amongst themselves and to each other, within friend groups, and so on.  I am privy to these conversations in regard to some of my cases when I meet with families. 

I think this is kind of like how people with cultural ties to Hong Kong address any person from an older generation that they know (and isn't a work colleague or teacher) as Uncle or Auntie Firstname.  I personally HATE it when it comes from a child whose parents I don't know well.  It's fine when their mom or dad are close friends of mine - I'd just be another honorary aunt - but when it's the younger (or older) sibling of your friend, or even acquaintance, it's very, very odd.  I never liked doing that when I was growing up.  I wanted to call someone's mom Mrs. Wong (not her last name, but just an example), but she was all like "please call me Auntie Mary."  I hadn't met Mrs. Wong before and barely knew the daughter.  She was just another kid at school.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I have a whole passel of kids in their late 20s who still call me Auntie Ancaster.  Once one of them called out to me at a school event and another student turned to him and said "I didn't know you were related to Ancs?"  😁

One friend, who admittedly came from an extremely dysfunctional family, suggested our kids called us Madame Ancaster etc.  We couldn't stop laughing long enough to ask what she thought they should call the guys.  Monseigneur Shapeshifter perhaps?

• Wink 1
  • Love 1

My board books arrived from Shutterfly!
The print quality is fabulous.😊
As I suspected, the bad reviews were a case of "garbage in / garbage out." My 300 ppi images that I had meticulously adjusted for CMYK printing were not downgraded at all. Better than the publishers did with the original. 

board-book-photo-web-size.png.63f06166dfbd342a32028d8236cb74f2.png

However 😞 the spine construction is Not Toddler Appropriate:
board-book-photo-aerial-view-detail.thumb.png.b1c0809c680f3313f6561c1555824744.png

So, I will see if there's something I can do with these copies' spines, and research other companies board book spine construction.

P.S. On Facetime today my little Lambchop toddler of 22 months of age called me "Gram-mommy," said "I wub you," and blew me a kiss!!!!

Edited by shapeshifter
  • Like 6
  • Love 8
33 minutes ago, shapeshifter said:

My board books arrived from Shutterfly!
The print quality is fabulous.😊
As I suspected, the bad reviews were a case of "garbage in / garbage out." My 300 ppi images that I had meticulously adjusted for CMYK printing were not downgraded at all. Better than the publishers did with the original. 

board-book-photo-web-size.png.63f06166dfbd342a32028d8236cb74f2.png

board-book-photo-aerial-view-detail.thumb.png.b1c0809c680f3313f6561c1555824744.png

So, I will see if there's something I can do with these copies' spines, and research other companies board book spine construction.

P.S. On Facetime today my little Lambchop toddler of 22 months of age called me "Gram-mommy," said "I wub you," and blew me a kiss!!!!

Beautiful book.  Did your heart beat faster when Lambchop said that?  They certainly lift your spirits.

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, PRgal said:

Suddenly, at his new school, half the teachers are Ms./Mr. Firstname.  Mostly people with harder-to-pronounce last names or ones that can be confusing . 

I don't run into the Ms. First Name thing a lot, but when I do it's usually that harder-to-pronounce surname scenario, such as my cat's veterinarian (I have no trouble pronouncing her last name, and this is L.A. for Pete's sake, where we are used to a huge variety of ethnicities, but enough people stumbled over it in the beginning of her career she started going by Dr. First Name and it stuck).  In such cases, I can especially see why someone dealing with little kids who are still learning to pronounce "regular" words would go that route.

• Like 5
15 minutes ago, Bastet said:

I don't run into the Ms. First Name thing a lot, but when I do it's usually that harder-to-pronounce surname scenario, such as my cat's veterinarian (I have no trouble pronouncing her last name, and this is L.A. for Pete's sake, where we are used to a huge variety of ethnicities, but enough people stumbled over it in the beginning of her career she started going by Dr. First Name and it stuck).  In such cases, I can especially see why someone dealing with little kids who are still learning to pronounce "regular" words would go that route.

My son's teacher also has a last name that can be easily mistaken as another last name, which I can see why SHE does it.  But she's not the only teacher who does.  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, shapeshifter said:

That is sooooooo cute! I'm smiling just imagining a precious toddler doing this. I know this made your day, week, month, holiday season!!

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Thanks to Everyone yesterday when I had my breakdown.  For your messages and understanding.  It helps so much and I appreciate it.  Making a big split pea soup from the Thanksgiving ham today.  Chopping veggies is good.  Lots of fresh dill and parsley.  ♥️

• Like 6
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I instigated a chat with Shutterfly, which, unlike every other company customer support chat I've ever engaged, was set up for me to send an image.
So I sent this one and they refunded my money. 
Fantastic. 
But now I have to figure out how to toddler-proof the books or find a place with better binding. 
I actually did book repair in libraries for a number of years, but that just means I know enough to know that those techniques won't work for this situation. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Paula Poundstone is who I saw for the 5th time Saturday   When I was speaking with her  I told her the first I saw her was when she first blew into town ( San Francisco )  she asked if I remembered  the club name which I didn’t just it’s location.  She is brilliant !

We just saw her here 2 weeks ago.  I saw her many years ago and thoroughly enjoyed the show, but this time was much more improvisational and audience participating, and I loved it! She's so sharp and funny and really interesting. 

You just reminded me I need to get tickets to Lewis Black's farewell tour.  He'll be here in May.  Off to the Kennedy Center website! 

• Like 6
21 minutes ago, ebk57 said:

You just reminded me I need to get tickets to Lewis Black's farewell tour.  He'll be here in May.  Off to the Kennedy Center website! 

You just reminded me I need to get tickets to Nate Bargatze when he is in Vegas late next year.

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
On 11/28/2023 at 9:59 AM, Ancaster said:

Yes .. you get it.   Also, his nephew is young and just might call my house with arrangements.  My husband would wonder why.  He wouldn’t understand that.  Men think much differently than women as you probably know.  Women are more sensitive with things like that.  Not men.  ♥️

On 11/28/2023 at 9:59 AM, Ancaster said:

Edited by kristen111
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, kristen111 said:

He wouldn’t understand that.  Men think much differently than women as you probably know.  Women are more sensitive with things like that.  Not men.  ♥️

The few men I've known were not so different emotionally than women. 
I suspect the others have just been conditioned to put up a brave front, and, unfortunately, sometimes they are so conditioned to bury empathy that they lose touch with it entirely. 
Fortunately, your DH is not one of those. 😊 
Of course, women too have to be able to put up a brave front, and to know when to do it.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

The few men I've known were not so different emotionally than women. 
I suspect the others have just been conditioned to put up a brave front, and, unfortunately, sometimes they are so conditioned to bury empathy that they lose touch with it entirely. 
Fortunately, your DH is not one of those. 😊 
Of course, women too have to be able to put up a brave front, and to know when to do it.

It’s funny you should say that.  Our Male doctor who knows us both for many years once told me that my Husband was very sensitive.  Could have fooled me.  I always thought he was very strong emotionally and very macho.  I think he puts on a strong front as he’s very kind and helpful to others.  Plus, he’s very good to me and our kids and grandkids.  Like I said once before, I’d be a dead woman without him.  Why would he elaborate about a past boyfriend?  Sorry was enough, right?  If it were reverse, I’d probably say the same thing.  I was watching the picture “Grease” today.  It reminded exactly of my life in high school.  The clothes, the cars, school, everything.  Brings a person back. ♥️

Edited by kristen111
  • Like 5
13 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I had leftover Brie spread and put it into my mashed potatoes. It tasted pretty good. 

Brie is soooooo good!  There’s a crepe place near me that has a Brie and raspberry jam crepe that I absolutely loooove.  Savoury and sweet at the same time!

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Bought blutooth headphones. I leave them to charge overnight in the case. They are 1/4 bars charged. After 1-2 hours they are dead. Back to charging them. Should they not work more than 1-2 hours? And charging overnight should make them fully charged.

Like I said I hate blutooth headphones. 

I paid $20 they were on sale. 

https://www.target.com/p/true-bluetooth-wireless-earbuds-heyday/-/A-80786115?preselect=79337268#lnk=sametab

regular price is $50. For $50 I expect better quality.

3C0CD036-CFEC-419A-96C3-67AC1EE50933.jpeg

• Sad 1