Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E14: Blame it on the Edit

• Start Topic

We can, indeed, blame it on the edit, as the final four gyrate their way through a pleasant, if thoroughly toothless, episode. The big questions on everyone's mind -- will Mistress finally acknowledge the fact that Loosey made Madam Thang's dress? And will Luxx and Mistress quit being complete bitches for two seconds? -- are sadly unanswered.

• Like 6

I'm definitely TeamSasha, but thankfully it is between her and Anetra; I would have done a double sashay for L/M, but honestly, they are both less relevant now than if only one of them had been promoted to the finale.

• Like 6

I folded three enormous baskets of laundry during that ep! Gripped, I was not. Sasha is looking great since she refreshed her hair dye with a darker colour. I wish we'd seen this season without the MTV cuts, and seen more of her. I enjoyed both Anetra and Sasha's storytime with Ru and Michelle; so moving. Still upset about Loosey...

• Like 8
4 hours ago, violet and green said:

Still upset about Loosey...

The best thing about the continued mudslinging is that it's likely to completely backfire on Luxx and Mistress -- why give them a Crown when they've just provided the main storyline for All Stars 9?

And let us all take a moment to acknowledge that "Let Loose" is a much, much better song than "Blame it on the Edit".

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)
14 hours ago, 7-Zark-7 said:

When Sasha first appeared in that music video, I sucked in all the air in the room. Damn!

OMG I was blown away! As a pansexual I could def get on board.

14 hours ago, Glade said:

I'm definitely TeamSasha, but thankfully it is between her and Anetra; I would have done a double sashay for L/M, but honestly, they are both less relevant now than if only one of them had been promoted to the finale.

Stupidly, I was hoping to be rid of Luxx or Mistress after this episode. I knew when it was between Mistress and Anetra that it would be a double shantay, because no way could Mistress beat Anetra, and no way would RuPaul lose Mistress. If anyone's ranked at the bottom of her list, it's Luxx.

11 hours ago, violet and green said:

Still upset about Loosey...

I like Loosey, I will always say she was done dirty, but I never thought she could actually win, especially after seeing Anetra and Sasha. I just wish she'd been allowed to go through the competition on her own strengths and weaknesses.

Oh who am I kidding, I wish that for all of them.

I don't watch "reality" TV, with the exception of a few competitive ones, like Drag Race, Amazing Race (though I stopped watching that years ago because of the repetitiveness, and because of the increasing tendency away from real people looking to improve their lives, and towards famewhores), and Canada's Worst Driver (eventually cancelled after 14 seasons, sadly.)

Like Amazing Race, Canada's Worst Driver, and others like them, I really wish this show was judged on merit.

At least for now, the entertainment factor of so many of these contestants (and in some cases warmth, like Anetra) keeps bringing me back. It's certainly not the fairness of the judging.

Anyway, I'm hoping for Anetra to win, but I'd be happy with Sasha too. Anyone else and Imma cut a bitch.

Edited by Starchild
  • Like 4
19 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

I find it amusing when shows that were filmed and finished a while ago ask viewers to tweet their faves … as if this would change the outcome.  

It absolutely does matter for production of this show. Remember -- they film each of the finalists winning the title, and actually award the prize to one of them. That person, in recent years, has almost always matched the most popular pick on social media. 

• Like 5
  • Useful 2
2 hours ago, davidcalgary29 said:

It absolutely does matter for production of this show. Remember -- they film each of the finalists winning the title, and actually award the prize to one of them. That person, in recent years, has almost always matched the most popular pick on social media. 

In that case, Twitter users, vote like crazy. 

• Like 2

Yeah they film all possible outcomes, including ties, and have for years.

I'm bummed to say I saw this ending coming a mile away...or really, the second one of them said something like "there hasn't been a final three since season 8".

51 minutes ago, bluvelvet said:

I knew they would do a final four. 
Legit annoyed that Mistress is still there.

For me, I’m more annoyed that Luxx is still there.  Her drag is fine, even above average.  But she is messy in lip syncs, she’s a shit stirrer, and she just doesn’t project an ounce of warmth or charm.  She and Mistress are exactly even in every respect but one…Mistress’s drag is just a touch more elevated than Luxx’s, and she has that “token big girl” check mark on her side.

• Like 9
2 hours ago, theatremouse said:

Yeah they film all possible outcomes, including ties, and have for years.

I would be happy with a tie for Anetra and Sasha. They have been so evenly matched this season that I think such a decision would even be legitimate.

• Like 5
11 hours ago, Starchild said:

I would be happy with a tie for Anetra and Sasha. They have been so evenly matched this season that I think such a decision would even be legitimate.

Me too. If both Monet Xchange & Trinity the Tuck could be crowned co-winners in an All Star season, why not a regular season? 

I would've added Luxx in the bottom with Mistress, they just didn't pop for me in the final challenge & runway. It's like this show is allergic to final threes or something. 

If you haven't seen the Pit Stop for this ep yet go, go now & see Bianca cackle it up with the queen of eleganza herself: Roger. Chef's kiss. 

• Like 3

Had to do the biggest eyeroll when Luxx claimed the reason she was in the bottom two was because Loosey screwed her, not because she barely spoke to her partner and did a shit job on her family resemblance.

Did a bigger eyeroll when the judges praised Luxx's performance in the comedy show challenge, as if Loosey didn't do the heavy lifting there .

And my eyes got stuck in the back of my head when no one was sent home even though Mistress did a shitty job on the video performance (especially after doing a shitty job last episode). 

Sasha and/or Aneetra better win this season.  

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
5 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I really enjoy Anetra. Not a fan of the others. Or this whole season, to be honest.

Well, the good news is that we're out of the "Odd-number Star Trek Season Curse" next year. That is, of course, as long as MTV doesn't prioritize some fool show that no one watches in Drag Race's usual time slot. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Even though I am upset by the way Loosey was treated, I thought this episode was great, especially the runway.  Sasha is my favorite and I would love to see such a legend win the crown.  Her drag is so elevated and she has done an amazing job on almost every challenge.  It was a big plus to see how kind and sweet she was to the other queens, too.  I am also very impressed by Anetra and would love to see her as runner up.  She is a top notch performer and lovely person.  There were a few times when Sasha outshone her, on the runway, especially, and that's why I'm hoping Sasha gets the win.  But, I foresee a future All Stars crown for Anetra- she has made a lasting impression. (Not to mention a talent show and lip synch that will go down in herstory.)

I think Sasha is definitely winning. They'd want Anetra and Mistress back for an All Stars (though I'm sure All Winners 2 is in the works). 

I'm very conflicted on MiB. Didn't mind her shade at the start but it got a bit much with Loosey towards the end. She was clearly the worst in the challenge but I liked her runway and I thought she could have won the lipsync against Anetra (she was serving more face). At 24, there's still lots of room for growth there. 

I feel like Sasha is the closest thing to a shoe-in since Bianca Del Rio. Either she or Anetra would be acceptable to me. 

Luxx, MIB, and Loosey are all really similar in that their mouths tend to overshadow their actual performances. They are their own biggest fans. 

Judging seemed really stilted this episode. I think at one point Ross was reading off of a note card. 

• Like 5

I thought the song was stupid and definitely plaigarized another song, I just can't think of it.  LOL

I think Mistress is an awful person and Luxx isn't much better.  I hate the "i'm so great, and vulnerable, and not Loosey."  And I do think the edit was crumby towards Loosey.  :(

I'm fine with an Anetra or Sasha win.  

• Like 4
3 hours ago, hatchetgirl said:

I thought the song was stupid and definitely plaigarized another song, I just can't think of it.  LOL

I think Mistress is an awful person and Luxx isn't much better.  I hate the "i'm so great, and vulnerable, and not Loosey."  And I do think the edit was crumby towards Loosey.  :(

I'm fine with an Anetra or Sasha win.  

I couldn't believe Mistress brought up complaints against Loosey during her TicTac chitchat.  That was a time to let yourself shine, not throw a sister queen under the bus.  Loosey is not even in the competition anymore and Mistress still won't let go.  

• Like 8
(edited)
15 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I couldn't believe Mistress brought up complaints against Loosey during her TicTac chitchat.  That was a time to let yourself shine, not throw a sister queen under the bus.  Loosey is not even in the competition anymore and Mistress still won't let go.  

She's doing wonders for Loosey's future relationship with WoW, though. You know that this shit is catnip for RuPaul.

Besides, we all know that Ru can barely remember her own name these days -- let alone anyone who's appearing on the show -- so the namedropping is gold. She really should change her name to Loosey, Loosey, Loosey, as that's what the season's become. Forget about Sasha -- Loosey is, without question, the breakout star of the season, and she wasn't even that likeable.

In other news of interest, Loosey's stated that she's now friends with Luxx, but that her relationship with Mistress is "complicated". Dun dun dun...

Edited by davidcalgary29
  • Like 1
9 hours ago, davidcalgary29 said:

She's doing wonders for Loosey's future relationship with WoW, though. You know that this shit is catnip for RuPaul.

Besides, we all know that Ru can barely remember her own name these days -- let alone anyone who's appearing on the show -- so the namedropping is gold. She really should change her name to Loosey, Loosey, Loosey, as that's what the season's become. Forget about Sasha -- Loosey is, without question, the breakout star of the season, and she wasn't even that likeable.

In other news of interest, Loosey's stated that she's now friends with Luxx, but that her relationship with Mistress is "complicated". Dun dun dun...

Perfect recipe for All Stars- conflict already included!

• Like 1

Loosey seemed pretty shaken up by everything, not sure her insecurities could tolerate another clash with bullies.

However, if she worked on her self-esteem, she could come back and dominate them.

I wish her nothing but the best, she's earned it after this experience.

• Like 2
On 4/6/2023 at 11:19 AM, Starchild said:

Loosey seemed pretty shaken up by everything, not sure her insecurities could tolerate another clash with bullies.

That's the thing, i'm a pretty sensitive person and I can definitely see myself reacting poorly if I was being treated like Loosey.  It made me so furious when Luxx did that shitty name check everyone and then shit on Loosey thing.  It wasn't necessary and was just straight up mean.   

Mistress is an asshole.  There's shade and then there's just asshole.  

• Like 6
11 hours ago, hatchetgirl said:

That's the thing, i'm a pretty sensitive person and I can definitely see myself reacting poorly if I was being treated like Loosey.  It made me so furious when Luxx did that shitty name check everyone and then shit on Loosey thing.  It wasn't necessary and was just straight up mean.   

Mistress is an asshole.  There's shade and then there's just asshole.  

I'm in agreement, and it's especially hard to watch when MIB and Luxx are tag teaming against Loosey.  They were gaslighting her and trying to get her worked up and then later calling her out as being "fake" on screen for not giving the intended blow up.  

• Like 4

This is the first time this season I’ve read the RuPsul threads. I’m usually in the minority on who I like,so I was pleasantly surprised most of us are in sync. Can not stand Mistress or Luxx. Lucy Laduca was robbed. This has been my least favorite season and I’ve watched from the beginning. Mistress better not be the winner representing The Big Girl, there’s been so many more before her who were better. 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Sasquatch said:

This is the first time this season I’ve read the RuPsul threads. I’m usually in the minority on who I like,so I was pleasantly surprised most of us are in sync. Can not stand Mistress or Luxx. Lucy Laduca was robbed. This has been my least favorite season and I’ve watched from the beginning. Mistress better not be the winner representing The Big Girl, there’s been so many more before her who were better. 

Yes, I think we are all ready for a big girl to be crowned, but it needs to be deserved or it's a slight against all of the others who came before and were overlooked.  I just love Sasha Colby and I hope she takes the crown and represents.