Type keyword(s) to search

Season 20: Episode Live Chat

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

🌟💚Green-Light! Exemplary Community Engagement💚 🌟

This topic shines bright with a Green Light for showcasing the best of our community. Your contributions reflect our core values of diversity, respect, and constructive engagement. Here’s to celebrating and continuing this success:

- Recognition: A big thank you to all contributors for fostering a healthy and inclusive environment.

- Inspiration: Let’s keep this going! Continue to engage with empathy, listen actively, and celebrate diverse perspectives in the whole of the Top Chef forum and beyond.

- Spotlight: Share your favorite threads that exemplify great discussions to inspire other topics and sub-forums. Use the tag [GreenLightSpotlight].

- Grow Together: Encourage and guide other sub-forums by sharing your strategies for maintaining a Green Light status.

Your collaborative efforts are what make our community thrive. Let's continue to be a beacon of healthy discourse!

• Start Topic

(edited)

I understand Gabri's frustration, but just shouting "coriander" louder isn't going to magically make her know what it is.

Okay, but his "Just add whatever you want" legit cracked me up.  He knows this is an epic fail.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 8
(edited)

So, now the sous chefs are picked.   I really like the guest judge, and that's before he opened his mouth.       The guest judge has an impressive resume, but all of the guests have been this season.   I'm glad Padma explained the wall challenge, I sort of forgot what it was.   

I really hoped the partners would be family or friends, but the athletes seem like a fun group.   How nice to see Suni Lee again.    I love the descriptions the novices are coming up with, and the chefs telling them how to identify items. Gabri and Suni are so funny together, she's a good sport about this.  

It shold be interesting to see Padma and the guest judge taste some of these dishes.    You couldn't pay me to taste Suni's dish, it looks charcoaled. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Pandora said:

I like the change of using the athletes instead of family members. 

Same, but I do miss entertaining myself with the people who take forever to recognize a loved one's voice.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4
(edited)

No, but she is a gold medal winning gymnist, and competes for Auburn University. How cute Sara and Sydney are together.   Suni's isn't roasted, it's burned.  Gabri was so cute.    Ali's came out very nicely.   Sara and Sydney's dishes look amazing. 

Not all of the family and friends in previous seasons cooked very much either.  

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 1
(edited)

Oh good Ali and Mallory won. The weather looks horrible, I’m glad it wasn’t like that when I was there in April, it was beautiful. Guess I was lucky for once.

Edited by Straycat80
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

Not all of the family and friends in previous seasons cooked very much either.  

Yeah, it's always been lopsided in terms of some cheftestants having someone talented in cooking on the other side of the wall and some not.

"It's like the beginning of a horror movie" -- ha!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
4 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

I love how excited Gabri is to be in Paris. 

There are cities I like more, but I've never more frequently thought "I can't believe where I am" than in Paris.  It's a great experience.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Straycat80 said:

They should have translator’s with them in the grocery store.

Exactly. Ridiculous not to have an interpreter available to the chefs.

As a mushroom lover, I'm enjoying this challenge!

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, Bastet said:

There are cities I like more, but I've never more frequently thought "I can't believe where I am" than in Paris.  It's a great experience.

Yes, I liked London better, but when I was in Paris it was my first time and it really was a great experience. 

4 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

Exactly. Ridiculous not to have an interpreter available to the chefs.

As a mushroom lover, I'm enjoying this challenge!

Can't wait to see what these great chefs make with mushrooms.

• Like 3

I think having Alain Ducasse visit with them individually as they are cooking is even better than having him be at the dining table. What a moment for each chef! I teared up watching. 

• Like 6
3 minutes ago, Bastet said:

Sara warning Gabri to be careful, and then alerting him, is very sporting.  I'd expect nothing else, it's just always nice to see.

Sara's a good egg. In her season when Kelsey won, she was an excellent sport. I can't remember the details but it stood out to me in all the seasons because despite her disappointment she really was celebrating Kelsey.

• Like 7

Agree.  Nothing against Buddha (who is actually Australian) or Sara, but I want Ali or Gabri to win.  The reason is that brown people from other countries are great contributors to the beauty of the world.

• Like 2

What Gabri actually got on the plate seems better than what Ali did.  I'm bummed.  I don't dislike Gabri by any stretch, mind you, but he's just survived so many times I hate to see Ali leave at this point rather than Gabri.  I know, I know, it's how the game works.

THRILLED for Sara!

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Love 1
(edited)
3 minutes ago, bosawks said:

As someone who adores soup I fully embrace that result.

Yep.  It's dismissed sometimes, but she showed how soup can have a place on a Michelin starred table.  I think to make that dish the winner is harder than making Buddha's dish the winner, so I love that she indeed won.

Edited by Bastet
  • Like 7
(edited)

Pear and mushroom wins! Yay! Sara! Her and Amar are in the fan favorite on the Bravo website. I voted for her.

I’m so sad for Ali, I have been rooting for him since the beginning. 
I can’t help to be happy for Gabri tho, he’s so grateful and happy. 

Edited by Straycat80
  • Like 5
  • Sad 1