Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E08: Hurry Up and Weight

• Start Topic

So it looks like they're going to drag out Tina kicking Meghan and John to the curb over multiple episodes!  DAMN!!!  I was so looking forward to it this episode. 😭  Now it will probably be used as a cliff hanger and we'll be forced to wait until another season for it.  BOOOOO!!!  

Boy, Doctor Proctor doesn't deviate from his program one bit does he?!  I feel he could have at least approved surgery on Vanessa's arms.  The skin is paper thin and I know it bothers her to no end.  Making her lose another 68 lbs before any kind of skin removal seems kind of harsh.  I feel if she got that stomach flap removed she would probably be well below 180 afterward.  I have confidence she will continue to lose though.  She's doing a great job.  Hell, after her skin removal she's going to be her sister's size.  I can't wait to see that.  I'm more interested in her weight loss progress than Meghan's stupid wedding.  

• Like 10

I keep hearing skin removal is super painful so he probably doesn’t want her to have to go through it twice.  He said that the extra skin is 20-40 pounds now so that wouldn’t take her down to 180 and she would have to do it again.  Also maybe doctors know that once patients get the skin removed some are satisfied with where they are at and stop losing weight even though they are still at an unhealthy weight (perhaps in part to avoid more skin removal surgery, perhaps because they just settle for it compared to their highest weight).

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I agree, no point in doing skin removal multiple times on the same areas.   Vannessa is doing so well.   How is her son Jacob doing a 5k in slides, instead of decent sneakers?     I wish they would take Meghan's lymphedemas on her legs off.   Tina and Ashely finishing the walk was so touching.      Meghan finishing was great too. 

• Applause 1
7 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

I keep hearing skin removal is super painful so he probably doesn’t want her to have to go through it twice.  He said that the extra skin is 20-40 pounds now so that wouldn’t take her down to 180 and she would have to do it again.  Also maybe doctors know that once patients get the skin removed some are satisfied with where they are at and stop losing weight even though they are still at an unhealthy weight (perhaps in part to avoid more skin removal surgery, perhaps because they just settle for it compared to their highest weight).

To me it looks like her arms can't get any thinner.  I've seen shows where they remove the skin in stages; first the arms, then the abdomen or legs at a later date after the first surgery has healed.  Dr. Now has done that before also. 

13 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

I wonder why Tina's husband can't tell Meghan and her boyfriend to leave.  That would take the pressure off Tina.

Tina probably feels that since Meghan is her friend the news will be better coming from her.  

• Like 2
16 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

She claims to hate them but always wears things that draw attention to them.  Can’t she wear sweats or something loose like pajama pants?

I wonder why so often these women are wearing inappropriate clothing. Why isn’t Megan wearing some longer (or at least Capri length) leggings or compression pants under her skirts to help with chaffing?

I believe Vanessa’s abdomen skin is uncomfortable, but she should have a compression garment under her leggings to help it not move so much when she walks. 

In my family every young lady was taught, even before she hit puberty how to wear your under garments so your thighs don’t chafe and your behind doesn’t giggle in public. And I’m not talking about being obese or not- plenty of women with health BMIs have chub rub just because of how their legs are shaped. Ashley and Tina seem to know how to dress for the activity they were doing. 

• Like 5

I can't truly believe that all those people were living in that hotel room together. Maybe a night here and there for the cameras, but weeks? There were no occupancy regulations? And they never discussed "well, this is the time for you guys to get working on your exit plan"?

I just... don't believe that.  I CAN believe Tina agreeing to it as a plotline to keep the show going, and her husband not thinking it was worth it and wanting her to get out of it. And the producers saying the only way out of it is to do it during the bachelorette weekend (because of COURSE that's when you'd spring this on an unsuspecting freeloader). 

• Like 5

No one else has mentioned this, but when Vanessa had her appointment with Dr Proctor, and she said for the first time she was able to wear a seat belt, the "normal way" my ears perked up. I understand Vanessa was living in poverty and didnt have much money, but she has been in the 400s a long time (she said she was in the 400s when she had her first son, who's 19), she NEVER thought to buy a seat belt extender? She has spent all these years buckling the belt behind her and pulling the shoulder strap over?? It reminded me of Ruby (anyone remember her from the Style Network back in the late 00s) who could not buckle the seat belt, she would just pull the shoulder strap over her so it would look like she was wearing one. Ruby was housebound for many years, but Vanessa has been out in society, driving, raising children, she didnt have a seat belt extender for her own vehicle?? That did surprise me.

• Like 4
31 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

No one else has mentioned this, but when Vanessa had her appointment with Dr Proctor, and she said for the first time she was able to wear a seat belt, the "normal way" my ears perked up. I understand Vanessa was living in poverty and didnt have much money, but she has been in the 400s a long time (she said she was in the 400s when she had her first son, who's 19), she NEVER thought to buy a seat belt extender? She has spent all these years buckling the belt behind her and pulling the shoulder strap over?? It reminded me of Ruby (anyone remember her from the Style Network back in the late 00s) who could not buckle the seat belt, she would just pull the shoulder strap over her so it would look like she was wearing one. Ruby was housebound for many years, but Vanessa has been out in society, driving, raising children, she didnt have a seat belt extender for her own vehicle?? That did surprise me.

She probably didn't even entertain spending money on that given the dire financial straits she said she was in. 

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Vanessa has been out in society, driving, raising children, she didnt have a seat belt extender for her own vehicle?? That did surprise me.

2 hours ago, readheaded said:

She probably didn't even entertain spending money on that given the dire financial straits she said she was in. 

I mean this in no way as judgement but it's possible Vannessa didn't know there was such a thing as a seatbelt extender.  Seriously.

It's also possible as readheaded said that she simply could not afford an extender and therefore just made do with what she had.

Bottom line, I think it's a major victory for her that she can now do this simple thing most of us take for granted.  She's doing a fantastic job and certainly deserves all the positive reinforcement coming her way.  I can't wait to see her at her goal weight and this comes from someone who would have bet money she wouldn't. succeed.  I'm happy I'm wrong.

45 minutes ago, auntjess said:

I'm reading here, but think I'll erase the show unwatched.  I so dislike Meghan and her freeloading.  If Tina kicks her out, I'll watch again.  
I wish the other3 good luck.

I surely understand this.   I usually watch ten minutes or so then cut out because not only am I tired but the storylines are tedious. 

This board helps with an overall synopsis but truthfully if I missed something I can catch it on one of the six times they repeat it during the week. 

On 2/23/2023 at 2:20 AM, swankie said:

Boy, Doctor Proctor doesn't deviate from his program one bit does he?!  I feel he could have at least approved surgery on Vanessa's arms.  The skin is paper thin and I know it bothers her to no end.  Making her lose another 68 lbs before any kind of skin removal seems kind of harsh.  I feel if she got that stomach flap removed she would probably be well below 180 afterward.  I have confidence she will continue to lose though.  She's doing a great job.  Hell, after her skin removal she's going to be her sister's size.  I can't wait to see that.  I'm more interested in her weight loss progress than Meghan's stupid wedding.  

Dr. Proctor did tell Vanessa that he was referring her to some plastic surgeons to get an an idea of what needed to be done and when, probably to help keep her spirits up while she loses the last of her weight.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, BAForever said:

Have a love/hate relationship with this show. Love Vannessa's redemption story, love (mostly) Ashely and her (mostly) upbeat personality, hate milquetoast Tina and hoarder/lazyAF Meghan. 

I like Tina- I think she has a good heart, but I want to see her stand up for herself. I’d also like to know more about HER. I see her as one of those women who always prioritizes everyone else and then becomes resentful. 

• Like 4
1 hour ago, tvfanatic13 said:

It seems dangerous for the ladies to participate in a 5k when they do so little exercise. I am surprised that Dr. Proctor pushes people to do that. 

He knows they won’t be running.  Slowly walking 3 miles is not dangerous for them just painful and difficult.  

• Like 4
9 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

It seems dangerous for the ladies to participate in a 5k when they do so little exercise. I am surprised that Dr. Proctor pushes people to do that. 

8 hours ago, Bluesky said:

He knows they won’t be running.  Slowly walking 3 miles is not dangerous for them just painful and difficult.  

A 5k should’ve been pretty doable for each of them with proper clothing and footwear. It might have taken them an hour-1.5hrs but if they didn’t push themselves to go too quickly I don’t think it would’ve been dangerous. 

I really think Megan and Vanessa just were NOT wearing the right clothing and shoes and were uncomfortable. 

• Like 4

This show is soooo very boring. I like Vanessa - which is a 180 from my opinion on her last season. She’s at least trying. Tina and Ashley are just plugging along. They both seem to be kinda trying? We’ll see I guess. Megan is just such a whiny asshole. I can’t with her. She is destined to be 700 lbs frying wontons on her floor mattress. 

• Like 2

I did like the scenes of them finishing the race. I was glad everyone was there when Meghan finished, even if it may have been production driven. I'd like to think they would have chosen to stay. The doctor pacing her was a good thing on his part.

• Like 1