Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E01: Season 9 Premiere

• Start Topic

Holy crap. Medusa is going to be extremely hard to beat. I hope they've got a lot of one-and-dones lined up.

I have to say, seeing 97 year old, universally loved Dick Van Dyke come out and just have fun and feel all the love and reduce Nicole to hiccup sobs, things like that are why I watch this show. It's not perfect by any means, but it's fun and happy. 

I heard Kelly Clarkson countrify Here I Go Again the other day on Instagram, and it works that way too. A good song can be molded into almost any genre. 

I was waiting for Ken to ask how many more kids Nick begat since last season, but he didn't. Maybe next week.

• Like 9

I always say I'm not going to watch this show because I feel the judges are so cheesy.  I was really surprised and happy at the 2 reveals, actually people that I knew.  It was wonderful to see Dick Van Dyke who so obviously enjoyed himself.  The reaction of the judes to his reveal was so genuine and heartfelt.  Iguess I'm sort of hooked again

• Like 7

I love that Dick Van Dyke was there.  He made me especially happy when he did that little dance at his reveal. He's still making people happy at 97.  I love that he said something like that in his pre-package.

I don't know who Sara Evans is. I recognize the name but I don't listen to country.  I did notice a country sound even when she sang her first song.  Great voice even though I think she cracked a little during the battle. I would have used the bell for her.

Medusa does sound like Lorde.  I don't know anything about celebrities.  Sometimes, I can guess by the voice(s) like Amber Riley or Wilson Phillips. But I don't know personal details so I don't guess by the clues. I mostly just watch the show for entertainment.  Tonight was a great show. 

• Like 5

I love that the "nobody is agreeing to a full season any more because of The Incident" situation has now extended to Dick Van Dyke clearly refusing to do the narration for his clue package, so instead they just got someone to impersonate Yeardley Smith for some reason.

14 hours ago, SweePea59 said:

Not ready to commit, but to me she sounds like Katy Perry.

I have no idea, but it seems unlikely to me that they would have a judge from Idol on the show, especially while Idol is running.

I got spoiled on Dick Van Dyke being unmasked thanks to Facebook but it still was a treat to see him on the show.   I didn't know who the Mustang was and it was interesting one of the judges guessed Pink when I actually thought Medusa sounded a bit like Pink.   We shall see.

In terms of the Season's new looks, I wasn't feeling Nick's braids or Nicole's blond hair (though maybe it's a wig).    

• Like 1
On 2/18/2023 at 1:22 AM, ShowsILoveToHate said:

I’ve watched every season…. What’s the “incident”??? 

A couple of seasons back, a certain controversial political figure was unmasked, and one of the judges walked out. The identity was revealed before the season premiere, and a lot of people were pretty much dreading the moment when they were finally unmasked on the show.

And any further discussion of the matter kinda skirts the line of political discussion, so I'm just gonna leave it there....

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
3 hours ago, The Crazed Spruce said:

A couple of seasons back, a certain controversial political figure was unmasked, and one of the judges walked out. The identity was revealed before the season premiere, and a lot of people were pretty much dreading the moment when they were finally unmasked on the show.

And any further discussion of the matter kinda skirts the line of political discussion, so I'm just gonna leave it there....

Thank you. Now that you mention it, I do remember Ken walking out. 

Thanks for jogging my memory! 🏃‍♀️

• Like 2
On 2/20/2023 at 9:39 AM, The Crazed Spruce said:

I remember that incident.  After that episode, I lost respect for Ken and boo him any chance I get.  He's a professional and should've acted like one!

• Like 2
On 2/20/2023 at 12:59 PM, ShowsILoveToHate said:

Thank you. Now that you mention it, I do remember Ken walking out. 

Thanks for jogging my memory! 🏃‍♀️

Didn't Robin do the same? For some reason I recall seeing just Jenny and Nicole alone on the panel.