Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E03: These Boots Are Made For Walking

• Start Topic

Following Jazz's meltdown, Jeanette outsources help but gets disturbing feedback. Meanwhile, Jazz goes on her first date in four years. Nervous over a kiss, she tries her best to stay out of her head but struggles when a dance lesson goes awry.

Original air date 2023.02.07

• Like 1

Good Lord lady…..these parents can’t believe they are helping matters with Jazz.  It’s almost like mom is thriving in Jazz being upset.  Leave her alone and maybe she would be happier.  

What has Jeanette done to change it up?  Is it a different hairstyle?  Makeup?  I can’t figure it out.  Maybe it’s fillers. Her face really looks different.  Her hair does look softer. 

Damn.  Glad the psychic told her the truth.  

• Like 4

Archangel Michael is being channeled through the psychic who gave very generic info to a woman whose kids are leaving home.  🙄

I think Jeanette did some pretty heavy fillers.  Her face changes in different scenes/talking heads.  There is a major difference in her jawline and the cheeks and under eye area.  In some THs her eyes look very small and her cheeks look elevated. 

Things I have never said, "I'm going to wear a flower crown."  WTF is Sander wearing on the date?  It's bad enough we are subjected to him; then he wears a stained shirt and a janky vest with his hair a mess.  How much did they pay his "date"? I assume she was late because TLC had to do a casting call. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

Well, this new guy seems to be an improvement over Amir (or whatever his name was).  We shall see.

I know it’s difficult to find flattering clothing when you’re as overweight as Jazz, but honestly, she couldn’t wear more UN-flattering outfits if she tried.

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

If it takes some silly psychic channeling the archangel Michael to get Jeanette to back off, then I guess you go with what you can.  I think it will take a sledge hammer to finally get it through her head that Jazz is an adult and needs to work through things on her own.  Get a life Jeanette.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

Jeanette needs to stay out of her kids dating life. She wouldn’t even let Jazz pick a pair of boots! The constant tracking and following her kids around is nuts. Of course I belong to a FB group for parents of college kids and many of those people track every minute of their over 18 year olds life, even sending frantic texts if they don’t see their tracker at the cafeteria during a certain time. The result of all this is young adults who cannot make even the smallest decision.

Jazz needs to date off camera and maybe she does. Anyone who agrees to be on TV should be suspected of wanting to be on TV and not necessarily interested in the lead. This pertains to Jazz, Shauna Rae and all reality show stars.

• Like 5
  • Love 2

That was the most ham fisted hair styling I've ever seen on tv, it didn't even look like Jazz had brushed her hair that day and then Jeanette just dived in, no sectioning, nothing. If you wanted someone hair to stay curled while doing an activity in the Florida heat surely you would have curled it, then rolled it to let the curls set, that was the reason they had completely fallen out halfway through the date
Surely when someone is anxious about going on a date you don't remind them of how no one wanted to date them in high school, I imagine a normal person would stick to neutral topics to keep a persons mind off it.

Everytime Jazz is in the car, she is sitting with her legs fully open. I didn't mind her outfit for once but she really has no sense of style.

I felt really sorry for Jaclyn but surely instead of encouraging her to nude model, Jeanette should have suggested she go to Greg for advice about the discrimination she faced. I don't know anyone whos Dad/husband is a lawyer who would have said as the first thing "I'll ask my Dad/husband to give you advice or tell you someone who will be able to help you".

I don't trust the guy, it was all very rehearsed.  I have such an empathy for Jazz, she seemed almost out of breath while boot shopping which shouldn't have been a strenuous activity. Both her and Jeanette need to be away from each other and both in serious therapy

Sander continues to be the worst

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

What has Jeanette done to change it up?  Is it a differ

The long extensions and heavy bangs look ridiculous. She definitely had fillers and botox, too. Maybe even a face lift. I only saw one cold shoulder top last night. Progress!

• Like 2
  • LOL 7

I’d hate to dance a lot in a brand new pair of boots! Ugh…..

I’m trying to recall if any of my dates ever asked me for a kiss or just moved in…….I don’t recall anyone asking first.  Lol. 

That was a quick bikini wax!  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 3
  • LOL 1
10 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

Jazz needs to date off camera and maybe she does. Anyone who agrees to be on TV should be suspected of wanting to be on TV and not necessarily interested in the lead. 

8 hours ago, maggiegil said:

Surely when someone is anxious about going on a date you don't remind them of how no one wanted to date them in high school, I imagine a normal person would stick to neutral topics to keep a persons mind off it.

I don't trust the guy, it was all very rehearsed.  I have such an empathy for Jazz, she seemed almost out of breath while boot shopping which shouldn't have been a strenuous activity. Both her and Jeanette need to be away from each other and both in serious therapy

So Jazz is a bona fide reality star now that she's gotten her vajayjay waxed on camera!!!  Also, I was kind of shocked it's been 4 years since her surgery - time flies.  I'm old enough to remember when Jazz was barely old enough to date and Jeannette wanted her to sooooo bad 😄. I don't usually like when people "diagnose" reality show peeps, but isn't Jeanette just a poster child for Munchausen's by proxy?  It seems to me that now that Jazz's medical issues aren't pressing, she's going to keep those mental health issues front and center!

I think Jazz and her other trans friends have surprisingly realistic expectations and attitudes about online dating as transwomen who may not be everyone's cup of tea, and wanting to make sure potential dates have the information. But the fact is that if you put all that aside, Jazz is morbidly obese, with well-publicized mental health issues and a ridiculous mother who is not going to let anyone forget it!  But of course we're to believe that he's much more into her than she is to him - the same thing happens to Whitney Way Thore all the time, or so she'd like us to believe 😄. As for the date - he "arranged" for that private lesson just like The Bachelor arranges all those dates for his contestants.  And then they hung around all afternoon and evening until the bar was crowded?  I'd love to know what everyone was doing in the interim.  It all seems super fake to me.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

I wonder how Greg reacts at work.  People in his office have likely seen how his wife behaves on the show.  It must make him uncomfortable.  They may not say much, but they probably discuss it amongst themselves. It’s just so bizarre.  And, the adult kids and their friends…..so many likely saying Jeanette needs therapy.  Even the psychic said she needed help!   To me it’s questionable to exploit what seems to be a disorder.  ☹️

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

I wound up seeing a little bit of this episode, as a friend had it on when I dropped in briefly to pick something up -- it was a conversation between Jeannette and Greg, and first up was Jeanette just casually stating she was eavesdropping while Jazz recorded her confessional, then Greg wondering what triggered a meltdown when she'd been doing so well.  YOU CRAZY PEOPLE and having to talk about this stuff all.the.time for the show, that's what.  She does fine at school and is a mess at home, so this is not hard to figure out.

Her family is why I can't watch.  Jazz is interesting in her interviews, and some of her talks with her friends, but the rest of them ruin the show.

• Like 6
  • Applause 3
  • Love 2

Jeannette plays the concern game of constantly brining up Jazz's issues or potential issues which only makes them what she will ruminate on. 

Jeanette:  Are you anxious? Are you anxious? Are you anxious? Are you anxious? Are you anxious? Are you anxious? Are you anxious? Are you anxious? Are you anxious? Are you anxious? Are you anxious? Are you anxious? Are you anxious? Are you anxious? Are you anxious? Are you anxious? 

Jazz (after being asked so many times):  I'm getting anxious.

Jeanette:  You have mental health issues.  Don't forget your mental health issues.  What about your mental health?  There are haters.  You are not safe.  You will never be safe. . . . Oh noes!  Jazz is having mental health issues!!!!!!

I think we all see the root cause.  Shut up, Jeannette. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 11
  • Love 1

Does anyone know what kind of doctor Jazz’s grandfather was before he retired?  

It seems to be apparent that Jeanette is the family member who is in dire need of treatment.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

I stupidly gave this show another change this week, and had it on in the background while I was doing something else. It was depressing AF! Jeanette is psycho. PSY.CHO. She needs help. Jazz needs to never go home again. Sander needs to get a real fucking job and stop humping Jazz's scene, pretending he's this big shot Social Media whiz. He is sad and pathetic. At least his twin is off doing his own thing, as is Ari. I can't even be bummed for Greg because he really never pushes back on crazy Jeanette.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
On 2/9/2023 at 2:00 PM, SilverLake0315 said:

Jazz should not have gone home for the summer. Period. Jeanette is toxic for her.

ITA.  Time for Jazz to get a summer job or internship SOMEWHERE besides Florida!  Jeanette is gonna need a psychiatrist STAT!

• Like 7