Type keyword(s) to search

S21.E13: The Fab Five Take Flight

jewel21
  • Start Topic

The black jacket final five are challenged to cook dishes with ingredients from different cities. James Beard Award winning Chef Michael Cimarusti joins Gordon to judge the chefs dishes. And, for the first time, chefs will prepare for dinner service in one kitchen, and one will be eliminated.

Airdate: 01/26/2023

I thought Cheyenne would go further but that fish station performance was brutal so I understand why. The last three episodes and especially tonight Dafne has been getting on my nerves. That Sommer/Alejandro argument was odd.

Sommer is getting stronger and stronger, she could win this. I was surprised to see Alex make mistakes during a dinner service.

• Like 2

This is the first final 4 (5 actually) where I don’t dislike anyone. To me, Alex is a clear winner but from what I hear about the winning position from past contestants, I’m not sure he would fit well with that.  
He and Summer are my final 2. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, mojoween said:

That was not necessary, Dafne. 

Sure it was.  Cheyenne Was trying to blame pretty much everything she messed up on Dafne.  I would have defended myself too.  Cheyenne Was an absolute mess last night.

• Like 3

Alejandro and Sommer were the only ones shown without mistakes during service so I wonder if that is significant (or not).  It was a shame Cheyenne went from first to last during the episode, but with this competition one has to be at the top of their game for every competition/activity.  Personally, I don't care for most of the 'rewards' they have featured this season although the kitchen ware was nice.

I liked the first challenge.  A bit cheesy with the airline connection, but I thought it was fun that the ingredients were tied to specific cities.  I thought the guest judge was very thoughtful and it sounds like he is quite accomplished.

• Like 1

People do boil crabs live and lobster.  There are folks who will put them in the freezer first but if you live anywhere near a coast where shellfish are a common thing, it's not unusual.

Dafne is annoying but Cheyenne screwed up that service on her own but it did seem that Dafne didn't help matters by not speaking up like she was supposed to during service.

• Like 3

In the past the first person to win a reward (after Black Jackets) often seems to go home that night.  It is like bad luck to win the first one.  I expected Cheyenne to go home once she won the reward.  I don't know if Gordon likes to give them a reward before cutting them or what.  But it does seem to happen a lot.  

• Like 1
On 1/26/2023 at 10:01 PM, Meowwww said:

This is the first final 4 (5 actually) where I don’t dislike anyone. To me, Alex is a clear winner but from what I hear about the winning position from past contestants, I’m not sure he would fit well with that.  
He and Summer are my final 2. 

I don’t keep up with this much…what have past contestants  said?

alex has a great personality . He would do well on a food network show 

They tear up a crab alive? Gross. I don't care for shellfish in general, and when he said it was alive I just forwarded through it. 

I wonder why Gordon calls out the table number with each order. It seems like just another number that the chefs don't need, when they're trying to remember the numbers they do need.  What do they care if it's an order for Table 24? 

Edited by Mediocre Gatsby
10 hours ago, Mediocre Gatsby said:

They tear up a crab alive? Gross. I don't care for shellfish in general, and when he said it was alive I just forwarded through it. 

I'm pretty sure he cooked it/put it in boiling water or whatever when it was alive. Then tore it up after it was cooked.