Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E02: Hurricane Helene/The Bachelor Party

• Start Topic

In the wake of her mother's passing, Helene visits the Island in search of her biological father. She thinks he might just be one of the guys who's come to celebrate a Bachelor Party. Roarke and Javier grow closer, while Ruby gives herself a spiritual cleanse with a bonfire and a night swim, where she encounters an old friend.

Alexa Mansour as Helene, a new recurring character
fantasy-island-season-2-episode-2e.jpg
Frankie J Alvarez as Mateo
Jai Rodriguez as Shawn
fantasy-island-season-2-episode-2b.jpg
Izzy Diaz as Eli
Xiomara Yordan as Nadia
Alexon Duprey as Luis
Estefania Soto as Camilla
Pedro De Leon as Burly Man
Maria Gabriela Gonzalez as Isla

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, HerkyJerky said:

Now THAT was a good episode!  Unlike the first episode, the "twists" weren't telegraphed from a mile away...

Was definitely not expecting Javier to be the father

• Like 3
1 hour ago, HerkyJerky said:

Now THAT was a good episode!  Unlike the first episode, the "twists" weren't telegraphed from a mile away...

This episode was a huge improvement over last week. Helene was a sympathetic  character and I liked the members of the bachelor party.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
6 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

This episode was a huge improvement over last week. Helene was a sympathetic  character and I liked the members of the bachelor party.

It helps that she’s likable given the actress is now recurring on the show 

It was a good episode that kept me interested

• Like 3

I liked this episode, too, and when Helene, horrified, asked if her father might be one of the bros, I laughed and said to myself, no, probably Javier. Never mind if they were acting immature, even at mid-30s, they would have been teens when Helene was born. 
Who thought we’d see a tail fin when the female tattoo artist swam away?
I really liked Helene’s black sleeveless over black/plaid baggies. Anyone else notice she never changed the outfit? (I hate clothing: shopping for, fashion trends, horrible colors and patterns, flimsy fabrics. And don’t even get me started on those implements of torture called shoes!)

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
18 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

I thought they were this episode also.   I liked it much better than the last episode.  I hope Roark doesn’t use this as an excuse to push Javier away.  They deserve to be happy.  

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 2
19 hours ago, Daff said:

I liked this episode, too, and when Helene, horrified, asked if her father might be one of the bros, I laughed and said to myself, no, probably Javier. Never mind if they were acting immature, even at mid-30s, they would have been teens when Helene was born. 

I discounted the three guys for the same reason, which left only Javier as the possibility. I was expecting a monkey wrench to be thrown into Roarke and Javier's relationship, and there it was.

Better show than the last one. I appreciated the diverse cast.

• Like 3

Wow, this episode is very Mamma Mia, except for the twist! 😆

Thank goodness Helene is vulnerable yet relatable. It will be such a turn off if they make her angsty and rebellious. Other than Javier, it would be nice to see Helene spending some times with Segundo as well. I hope her presence will not disrupt what Elena & Javier have.

Shawn being secretly in love with Eli, never see that coming.

And Isla is a mermaid??! 😳

• Like 3

Although I think this episode did a good job of balancing it all, there were a lot of stories going on! Besides the guests, everything with the regular characters too.

Not sure how I feel about Javier suddenly having a grown daughter. Him and Roarke have barely had a few episodes of being together, now this.

We've had a few female friend groups come to the island, and this week's male friend group worked well.

• Like 1

Of the possible fathers and Javier, only Jai (Shawn) has a birthdate that I could find -- he's 43.  Alexa is 27, but they're probably having her play at least 5 years younger.  I thought the age gap was too small for any of them to be her dad.  But this is Fantasy Island, so chalk it up to "Island Magic" -- the deus ex machina they'll use for any scripting problem they encounter.

I thought it was pretty obvious Javier would end up being Helene's dad.  I was hoping they wouldn't go there, but yep, they did.  This season it seems they're adding a lot of drama/conflict among the regular cast.  ugh.  I don't need that.  And, yes, I also thought the female tattoo artist was going to end up being a mermaid.  I'm glad they didn't go there.  I'm ok with a little island magic, but I don't want them to go overboard.   I'd rather have the relationships of the regulars take a back seat to the guest story lines.

On 1/16/2023 at 8:26 PM, chaifan said:

I also thought the female tattoo artist was going to end up being a mermaid.  I'm glad they didn't go there.  I'm ok with a little island magic, but I don't want them to go overboard.

When it turned out she never worked at the shop, I thought Isla would be the Spirit of the Island...

Edited by CoyoteBlue
  • Like 2