Type keyword(s) to search

The Blacklist in the Media

• Start Topic

Apparently many of these writers/producers have little regard for viewer appreciation or their craft. They insult our intelligence and think that’s ok.  A lot of these network dramas are plagued with similar issues.  Forums for Chicago Med, A Million Little Things, and New Amsterdam (Poor Ryan Eggold can’t get a break. Lol ) reflect how prevalent it is.  Ryan’s character is written to make him an idiot.   The storylines so preposterous that they’re difficult to watch.  Why?  They want to make movies?  😠

(edited)

I wonder how much the last two episodes being moved to Wednesday night contributed to lower ratings.

How many people paid attention? I think my mom told me about the move.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Love 1
(edited)
42 minutes ago, Surrealist said:

I wonder how much the last two episodes being moved to Wednesday night contributed to lower ratings.

How many people paid attention? I think my mom told me about the move.

The options of shows live is so limited, I’d think it would be easy to find. I get interrupted a lot during the live, so I often will rewatch it later in the weekend. 

My suggestion for some new ideas would be for NBC to go to some message boards like here and get some seasoned Black List fans, who are articulate and creative.  Let them try to write something to save the show or at least wrap it up.  I think it would be pretty good.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 1
(edited)

NBC Sets Fall Premiere Dates: New ‘Ordinary Joe’, ‘La Brea’, Returning ‘Chicago’, ‘Law & Order’; ‘The Blacklist’ Moves To Thursdays
By Denise Petski    July 15, 2021 
https://deadline.com/2021/07/nbc-sets-fall-premiere-dates-ordinary-joe-la-brea-chicago-law-order-the-blacklist-thursdays-1234793922/ 

The Blacklist moves to a new night on Thursdays from its previous Friday slot, taking the place of previously announced Law & Order: For the Defense, which is not moving forward. The James Spader-fronted drama premieres its ninth season at 8 p.m. Thursday, October 21.
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 21
8 p.m. The Blacklist (Season 9)

Edited by tv echo
  • Useful 1

Yeah, the fact that Blacklist is moving to Thursday as a fill-in honestly shows a lot of faith in the series still, so I wouldn't be surprised if this upcoming season STILL isn't the last one.

In the alternative, if it crashes and burns on Thursday, it might actually hasten its cancellation (I doubt it, as I assume they would first move it back to Friday, but still, it's at least a theoretical possibility). 

• Useful 1
(edited)

Who's In? Who's Out? TV's Major Casting Moves for Fall (and Beyond!)
By Matt Webb Mitovich / July 19 2021
https://tvline.com/lists/tv-casting-news-spoilers-ncis-greys-anatomy-bridgerton-succession/ 

THE BLACKLIST (Season 9)
Original cast member/co-lead Megan Boone will not be returning to the NBC drama, which should come as little surprise given the events of the Season 8 finale. “This experience, for me, has been an entire life inside of my own life,” Boone shared on Instagram, alongside a photo of her and costar James Spader in character. “These eight years playing Liz Keen have helped me better define the world and myself, as she set out to do the same. Liz sought incorruptible familial bonds, and collided with powerful forces to reveal the boundaries where a cruel, indifferent world ended and she began.” (READ MORE)

Edited by tv echo

Blind Item Revealed: Here's the Broadcast Drama Kicking Off Its New Season With a Major Time Jump

As TVLine can now reveal, the James Spader-led crime drama will kick off Season 9 with a two-year leap forward, picking up well after Elizabeth Keen’s sudden death via gunshot wound in the Season 8 finale. What’s more, the NBC series’ return will find the FBI task force disbanded in the wake of Liz’s murder, with their lives now changed in unexpected ways and Raymond Reddington’s whereabouts unknown.

Edited by milkyaqua
  • Useful 2

Panabaker wasn't kidding in that episode where she threatened to reboot the show if the task force didn't stop screwing around.

1 hour ago, anthonyd46 said:

Dying of a fast moving disease yet can survive 2 year time jump. I guess his whereabouts are unknown, but that won't last long.

Turns out it was just a bad case of constipation but it has since cleared up. With friends like Liz, who needs enemas?

• LOL 3

‘The Blacklist’ Casts Colby Lewis'

We’ve heard his voice, and soon we’ll be meeting Alina Park’s husband, Peter, in the flesh. Colby Lewis has signed on for a major recurring role as Peter, the husband of Sohn’s Alina Park, on NBC’s The Blacklist. A ray of sunshine and an attentive spouse, Peter is protective of his wife, Alina (Sohn), and deeply anxious about the danger she encounters at her job. Peter’s voice was heard briefly in a phone call and the character has been referenced in earlier episodes.

Lewis previous credits include a recurring role on Chicago Med and a cast member in the Broadway play Hamilton.

Edited by milkyaqua
1 hour ago, paigow said:

He must be working for Red... supposed to spy on Park, but fell in love with her... been there - done that!

I wonder if Park also has a wooden box under her floor that has a sign on the lid that matches the scar on her wrist.

• LOL 2

Matt's Inside Line: Scoop on Ghosts, The Flash, AMLT, Magnum, Blue Bloods, Blacklist, Succession, La Brea and More

Will we ever get a flashback episode on The Blacklist to see why Dembe is not with Reddington anymore? –Peter

In a word, yes! As EP John Eisendrath told Inside Line, “There will be an episode this season in which we look back on Dembe’s journey during the two years between the end of Season 8 and the beginning of Season 9. It will not only reveal what drove a wedge between Dembe and Red, but also tell the story of how Dembe became an FBI agent.”

• Love 2
On 11/12/2021 at 5:32 PM, milkyaqua said:

NBC Midseason Schedule: This Is Us Farewell Run, Renee Zellweger's Pam, Blacklist Makes Way for L&O Revival

Last original epi at current timeslot is Jan 6.  Following the conclusion of the Olympics, the revival of L&O will take its current time slot.  Blacklist will return to a new day (same time), Fri, Feb 26.

Meh. I prefer the show being on Thursday night. Oh well.

On 2/23/2022 at 3:39 AM, Brian Cronin said:

I welcome it, as it will hopefully give them more time to get away from this Liz-centric stuff. 

All the better to time jump Agnes... She graduates from Quantico and immediately is assigned to NYC Field Office.

• LOL 4
(edited)

Already posted in finale thread but here it is anyway:  The Blacklist Shake-Up: Two Series Regulars Exit in Season 9 Finale

Friday’s Season 9 finale saw two series regulars leave the NBC drama: Amir Arison — who has played Agent Aram Mojtabai, the tech whiz of the FBI task force, for all nine seasons — said goodbye, along with Laura Sohn, who plays Agent Alina Park. (Sohn joined the cast in Season 7 and was upped to series regular for Season 8.)

As Arison noted, he’ll no longer be a series regular on The Blacklist, but the door remains open for him to return as a guest star in the upcoming Season 10.

No word on whether or not Sohn will be doing appearances or not.

Edited by milkyaqua
On 8/9/2022 at 7:49 PM, preeya said:

‘The Blacklist’ to Introduce Daughter of First Season Character in Season 10

read it here: https://tinyurl.com/2lbjadme

This blast from the past (in a way) is also coming as we can’t help but wonder, with the drama entering its 10th season, how much longer the series will continue. Final seasons do tend to include callbacks to the beginning, after all. Could this be a sign of that, or might bringing in Siya be back about breathing new life into the show?

My humble prediction is that both will happen. NBC will see if the show still has legs and, when it doesn't, quietly cancel it. Perhaps there is still time but I would have figured if this season was it for The Blacklist NBC would have said so already, even though with a scaled-back order this time I can't imagine the show has much longer left.

I am, genuinely, intrigued by Siya since Meera Malik was one of S1's highlights and I felt killing her off was wrong. Maybe I'll tune in to see if Siya can bring back Meera's magic.

The Blacklist Casts Meera Malik's Daughter for Season 10 Throwback Plot

The actress has been tapped to join the NBC drama’s 10th season in the series-regular role of Siya Malik, TVLine has learned. Siya is an active Intelligence Officer for the U.K.’s Secret Intelligence Service known as MI6 — and, as we exclusively reported back in August, she’s also the daughter of Meera Malik, the late CIA agent played by Parminder Nagra in Season 1.

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, anthonyd46 said:

https://theblacklist.libsyn.com/the-blacklist-season-10-announcement?tdest_id=779032

This podcast claims this is the final season. 

Hopefully they finally answer the questions without going in circles...

The claim is true. Just announced http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2023/02/01/the-upcoming-milestone-10th-season-for-nbcs-signature-drama-the-blacklist-will-serve-as-the-shows-final-season-141512/20230201nbc01/

James Spader on why The Blacklist needed to end after ten seasons:

I think if the show went beyond this year, it would turn into a very different show," he said. "And I think that the thing that has been nice about this show was that we’ve never really had a really clear paradigm for the show. Tonally the show shifts a lot from episode to episode, and I think that even the show has taken strange turns, and I suspect that the show, if it went much further, would just become something that would be less recognizable to me.

Source: Why The Blacklist Is Ending After Season 10? The Final Season | NBC Insider

Sounds to me like he's saying- in far more diplomatic terms- what I and I think many others have said about The Blacklist- it went everywhere but got nowhere. Of course, I figured this out after four seasons and bailed, I don't know how Spader stuck with it for ten seasons, but kudos to him for doing so.

• Like 2
On 3/8/2023 at 4:10 PM, Danielg342 said:

Of course, I figured this out after four seasons and bailed, I don't know how Spader stuck with it for ten seasons, but kudos to him for doing so.

He had a steady paycheck for ten years. That's a big deal for an actor. Work can be harder to come by and very competitive.

Edited by Surrealist
  • Like 3

Had a Blacklist flashback last night.

Was flipping around channels, and happened on to an episode of the TV show 'Fringe' where the bad guy, dressed in his finest suit, walks into the lobby of a Federal building and immediately surrenders to authorities with the caveat that he will only speak to 1 specific FBI agent.

Sounds awfully familiar -- considering that this Fringe episode aired 5 years before the first episode of The Blacklist.  Then again, The Blacklist writers aren't really known for their creativity or originality.

• Like 3

The Blacklist Sets July Airdate for Supersized Series Finale at NBC

The Blacklist is officially getting a summer sendoff.

NBC announced Thursday that the crime drama will wrap up with a two-hour series finale, airing Thursday, July 13 at 8/7c.

As you’ve likely already noted, the James Spader-led series currently airs on Sundays (at 10 pm), but the show will indeed move to Thursdays as of June 1. Back-to-back episodes will air that night, at 8 pm and 9 pm, while subsequent episodes will air only at 8 pm.

For some reason I thought this, the final season was shorter but looking at IMDB its a full 22 episodes. I find it increasingly dull and plodding to get thru an episode that's for sure. 

• Like 1

“I was very, very glad we were able to end it exactly the way we wanted to end it," Spader told The Associated Press ahead of the two-hour finale. "It was deliberate, and we weren’t taken by surprise in terms of when the ending was going to come. You’ll see that the ending has conviction and we commit to it.”