Type keyword(s) to search

S43.E08: Proposterous LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

It is day 16 and castaways are getting to know their new tribe post merge. Also, hunger pangs are starting to take a toll and castaways must decide who will strike a deal with Jeff Probst to earn rice for their tribe.

Original airdate 11/9/22

This is your LIVE CHAT thread

Just now, jsm1125 said:

Did I miss why Dwight gave Jeanine’s idol to Jesse?

Something about him panicking.  Which, why wouldn't he tell Jeanine that?  I still think that Jesse wouldn't be allowed to play Jeanine's idol.  I can't remember the circumstances, but when Sarah gave Cirie the legacy advantage for safe keeping or a good will gesture to hang onto, and Cirie tried to play it, Jeff said she couldn't since Sarah didn't officially give it to her to use.

• Sad 1
1 minute ago, Carey said:

Man, that would be awesome if Jesse's idol is invalid unless it doesn't matter

I'd love it if he tried to play it and was all cocky, and then Jeff had to tell everyone that was actually Jeanine's idol, and it was invalid because she didn't give it away for someone else to actually use (and definitely didn't give it to him).  That would make him look like a weasel in front of everyone.

• Love 1

So, there are now two idols no one knows about, assuming Jesse gets to keep the one Dwight gave him, Cody’s and James with the Knowledge is Power advantage….James shouldn’t get too cocky…he’s still a target.  

Eta, I forgot about Noelle… but I think James’s glee might be a sign of his downfall with Owen being a misdirection by production. I hope.  

Edited by DEL901
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Oh, I'd be down for an Owen/Jeanine/Noelle alliance.

I like those 3, but I'm not feeling good about their chances tonight.  Coco seems pretty tight still, and unless two of Sami/Jesse/Cody  flip to those 3 (along with Gabler) their odds don't seem good.  Now, Noelle does have her steal a vote advantage, so if she had enough numbers where that could make a difference, it might get interesting.  I just hope those 3 stick around.  

• Love 1

It's tough not to try to boot someone that put your name down.  If it's one time, I'd say get over it (even though there are cases where it only takes one vote).  Twice in a row?  There is a case to be made.  Though it can be costly trying to make that move

• Love 2
1 minute ago, vb68 said:

Now I think Owen is going with this focus on his background all of a sudden.

I think he could be the red herring (only because James singled him out as wanting to vote him off) but that one of Noelle or Jeanine will go.  I'm thinking Noelle, since there was focus on her last week about calling the shots, and Karla and Jesse supposedly not liking that.

• Love 2

So if Sami is sincere and aligned with Noelle/Owen/Jeanine/Gabler, that's 5, plus Noelle's steal a vote could make 6.  The other side would have Karla/Cassidy/Ryan/James/Cody/Jesse, but if Noelle successfully stole a vote from one of them that would only give them 5.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, jsm1125 said:

Uh James, how is Owen a flipper?

He wants him gone because Owen has written his name, but won't admit that to anyone.  First he said Owen followed the numbers, then called him a flipper.  If James really meant it, he might be more concerned about Sami, Jesse, and Cody, who actually flipped on their alliance the last vote.  I also don't understand why James isn't considered a threat with the KIP advantage.  Jeanine's idol being out of the game is great, but the guy who could actually steal one from you is fine sticking around?

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 2

I don't like James, and he'll probably find some way to blame Owen for the tribe getting rice but not sitting out (and clearly Cody needs to give him a lesson on being a good salesman, because he sucks at negotiating or convincing anyone of anything).

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 6
Just now, LadyChatts said:

I really want one of Jeanine, Noelle, or Owen to win.  I don't think Gabler's in any danger of leaving,but those 3 are.  James has already thrown Owen's name out.

And just as I say that, Noelle and Jeanine are out.  

That’s why I want Owen to win.  

• Love 2