Type keyword(s) to search

S13.E02: First Blush

ctlady
  • Start Topic

Frank causes family tension when he announces he will not endorse Erin’s run for district attorney 

wow- 2 days and no thread yet. Just into the first 5 minutes On Demand and already I want to slap Eddy into next week 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I have no idea what Jamie’s new job is. Secretly cultivating sources?  
Erin was so annoyingly stoic. 

The stabbing story was interesting.  I still don’t know how they got to the daughter. The madam and the girlfriend knew it was her?  Why was there no hotel hallway surveillance camera?  

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Once again Eddie flies off the handle and jumps to conclusions. Add me to the line of people who want to slap her. 

Eddie may talk a good game right now but let's face it, she is a nosy pain in the ass. I don't see her being okay with not knowing about Jamie's work in the long run. 

Speaking of Jamie. He looks damn good in a suit.  

Edited by wlk68
  • Love 4

I can only tolerate Eddie when she’s patrolling the streets, working with her partner. I like her with Rachel Witten. I don’t know what Jamie sees in her. Ugh.

Don’t really care about the “misunderstanding” between Erin and Frank. What a boring arc. 😵😴🥱

Jamie’s new boss - Lt. Fleming, I remember him from Unforgettable.

Edited by SnazzyDaisy
  • Love 2

Even before the opening intro, I was screaming at the screen: nepotism! But in reality, if a voter doesn’t like Frank, they’re certainly not going to vote for Erin, especially if he endorses her. And lately, some of Frank’s decisions just haven’t been that popular.  I just can’t believe that everyone around him automatically expected him to endorse her (where are their objectivity, ethics, and professionalism?). In the end, as he stated, in order to win the vote, she’s going to have to challenge some of his hard lines-ones he may feel he can’t compromise for the sake of his officers. Awkward, if he’s endorsed her. He’s NOT elected, needs to stay neutral, and knows it. How do you feel these days about UNelected, partisan bureaucrats?

• Love 2
5 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

He is going to be working with criminal informants. The way his supervisor described it, there are some people who might be arrested, but in the long term it is better to let them out and allow them to be a source of information for the police department. Jamie is going to be one of the people deciding if this person has the potential to be a valuable informant/source of information.

I feel like the new job is a machine designed to generate tension and conflict (especially within the family), and I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes.  

Jamie and Edie not being able to talk about work at home may be the single best thing for thier marriage. It will force them to talk about something other than work, and maybe develop a shared hobby or interest outside of work and being police officers. 

5 hours ago, EtheltoTillie said:

The stabbing story was interesting.  I still don’t know how they got to the daughter. The madam and the girlfriend knew it was her?  Why was there no hotel hallway surveillance camera?  

I was hoping someone on this message board would explain how they got to the daughter, because I feel like I missed something. 

5 hours ago, wlk68 said:

Speaking of Jamie. He looks damn good in a suit.  

I have no problem taking a dip in the shallow end of the pool from time to time. Jamie looks good in a suit, but I think I may like him better in the tight polo shirt. Has he always been wearing polo shirts that tight? It reminded me a bit of what Tom Selleck used to wear in the early seasons of Magnum P.I. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, preeya said:

Can't wait to see when Jamie's job has him looking into something involving his wife. And you gotta know that will be happening.

Joe was killed. Erin’s divorced. Danny’s a widower. So now we need to singlefy Jamie and send that arrogant, clingy, pushy, needy wife of his to jail

• Wink 1
  • LOL 5
On 10/15/2022 at 12:46 PM, EtheltoTillie said:

So now he's in "intelligence." Does the NYPD intelligence division have a torture cage in the basement, with all the emo detectives boinking each other? Asking for a friend in Chicago.

Too bad this is a CBS show and not an NBC/Dick Wolf show. Put Jamie into Voight's unit for a week and he'd be curled up into a quivering heap after an hour. Or put Voight under Commissioner Reagan's command...now that would be an interesting show to watch.

Here, though, my guess is they'd be setting up deep undercover operations, gaining insights into potential terrorist activity, rooting out dope importers on an international and inter-agency level and stuff like that. But of course, since it's this show, it will be trivial stuff that would normally be handled by street crime units, guns-and-gangs squads and the like. To me, intelligence is "big picture" stuff that wouldn't make for good television.

As for this episode, good ghods it's back to detective idiot again. So your person of interest is banging a hooker; big deal. They're all big boys and girls here, they all know what's going on so just tell him "I don't give a crap who you were screwing, and I have no intention of being indiscreet unless I have to be to find the perp." You have to put the subject of the inquiry at ease if you expect truthful answers. Instead he's back to being a brain-dead bull in a china shop. How to lose friends and alienate people. Now granted in this case the victim would never have given his daughter up anyways, but still.

Jobsworth hotel managers have bosses who don't want hassles with law enforcement. And jobsworth hotel managers also probably don't want to get popped for interfering with a police investigation--legit or not--or run the risk of concealing a criminal.

Erin's story this week...who cares.

Don't like the Intelligence move at all for this show. Easy answer is to have him become a patrol supervisor on a different shift or in a neighboring precinct. So long as he's not supervising his wife that should be all that's needed. That job really suits Jamie, and also is in keeping with the tone of the show IMHO.

Edited by NJRadioGuy
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
15 minutes ago, NJRadioGuy said:

Don't like the Intelligence move at all for this show. Easy answer is to have him become a patrol supervisor on a different shift or in a neighboring precinct. So long as he's not supervising

I don't like it either because now Eddie is the only one in uniform and her stories are never good.  Maybe Jamie won't stay in this position long.

Edited by Magnumfangirl
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, ctlady said:

Joe was killed. Erin’s divorced. Danny’s a widower. So now we need to singlefy Jamie and send that arrogant, clingy, pushy, needy wife of his to jail

Add in Henry's wife, and Frank's wife, and it starts to sound like a slow moving Cartwright curse. 

• LOL 3
5 hours ago, NJRadioGuy said:

Too bad this is a CBS show and not an NBC/Dick Wolf show. Put Jamie into Voight's unit for a week and he'd be curled up into a quivering heap after an hour. Or put Voight under Commissioner Reagan's command...now that would be an interesting show to watch.

Can this please happen? It would be Amazing! Jamie dealing with Voight, or even Platt would be hilarious to me. 

Generally Frank and Erin storylines bore me, so when they get a story together it is torture for me. Though, I thought this whole episode was pretty dull.

40 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

Can this please happen? It would be Amazing! Jamie dealing with Voight, or even Platt would be hilarious to me. 

Jamie and Trudy are two peas in a pod. They'd be slamming back the Finnerty 18 at Molly's in a heartbeat. 

• Love 2

Eddie was insufferable yet again.  I don’t understand why Eddie can’t function without being tied to Jamie’s hip.  It’s not like she’s some rookie. Was Sid on this episode or did I miss him?  Overall an average episode.  I don’t particularly care about Erin’s run and anybody is ever surprised that Frank or Erin for that matter is BY THE BOOK at this point is always funny.  Although I did like Garrett standing up to Frank telling him why this could be a PR nightmare. On a superficial note, I’ve ❤️ Will Estes since I was like a 2 year old watching the New Lassie 🤗 Jamie needs to be in suits more often.

On 10/15/2022 at 12:46 PM, EtheltoTillie said:

I still don’t know how they got to the daughter. The madam and the girlfriend knew it was her?

The call girl was a friend of the daughter's, which is why she stabbed her dad (that he was having regular sex with a friend of hers and thus publicly humiliating her by proxy). The callgirl recognized her friend and so the callgirl and the madam were paid by the dad to cover up what the callgirl saw, but once Danny discovered the wire transfers for the payments, they admitted it was the daughter. 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

The call girl was a friend of the daughter's, which is why she stabbed her dad (that he was having regular sex with a friend of hers and thus publicly humiliating her by proxy). The callgirl recognized her friend and so the callgirl and the madam were paid by the dad to cover up what the callgirl saw, but once Danny discovered the wire transfers for the payments, they admitted it was the daughter. 

That was the part I didn't understand.  I thought they said the call girl had already left and couldn't have seen the daughter.  The daughter had been following them but they didn't see her???   Your scenario makes sense, though, if the call girl was still there when daughter showed up.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, EtheltoTillie said:

That was the part I didn't understand.  I thought they said the call girl had already left and couldn't have seen the daughter.  The daughter had been following them but they didn't see her???   Your scenario makes sense, though, if the call girl was still there when daughter showed up.

The call girl DID say that at first, but she was lying because the dad paid her to say she didn't see anything. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

But why wasn’t the man’s daughter on video from the hotel?  

Did anyone recognize the injured man’s attorney?  Wasn’t it Scott Bryce who played Craig Montgomery on As The World Turns?  

It seems as if Eddie has suffered stunted development or perhaps has digressed from what she used to be.  I don’t recall her being so annoying, spoiled and insistent back when.  Jamie seems to have matured and is more interesting now.  Has he outgrown the relationship?  I could see him with a much more developed character.  That could be interesting.  Now, it’s like a chore watching them.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Did anyone recognize the injured man’s attorney?  Wasn’t it Scott Bryce who played Craig Montgomery on As The World Turns?  

Yep. Since my mom died a few years back, I have no one else to say, "Hey, one of the actors from the soap opera you liked is on this show!" So thanks for allowing me to express that knowledge. 😆

• Hugs 3
  • Love 2
On 10/15/2022 at 8:06 AM, ctlady said:

Frank causes family tension when he announces he will not endorse Erin’s run for district attorney 

wow- 2 days and no thread yet. Just into the first 5 minutes On Demand and already I want to slap Eddy into next week 

And I didn’t create it the day of because I was behind on watching several shows and I didn’t manage to watch this until now

I do  not understand why Jamie thinks she has the right to control her husband’s career by going over his head to the captain.  Helicopter spouse? 
They do not have to work together.  The rest of us get along just fine working somewhere other than our spouse.