Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E05: October 11, 2022

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, JenE4 said:

I’m truly dumbfounded by how so many women chose to leave on their own accord within the first week! (Even if they call it two weeks, I think it’s still less than one week of filming.) You’d think they’d want to stick around and see who else shows up that they might make a connection with. But somehow they really seemed to convince themselves if it didn’t work out with the first person they locked eyes with, then they need to go live the life of a spinster locked in a tower or something. Then on the other hand, you got people like Genevieve, Shanae, and Jill who decided they were in love on day one, and the second someone else walked in the door, they forgot all of their histrionics over their first soulmate and have a new soulmate within minutes. I’m an old-timer/connoisseur of this franchise plus every other beach-related dating show over the last 20 years, and I’ve never seen anything like this. I mean, sure, every show is going to have one girl who thinks she found love at first sight with a stranger and it ends up being tumultuous and dramatic—but how do we have so many so soon?!? I’m assuming this is why we suddenly have a lot of “no name” contestants (plus a few known crazies/villains) because they were originally cast because they were dramatic and desperate—and now they’re trotting them all out. You can slow down the drama a little bit, show. It’s too much to have everyone screaming and crying and leaving all at the same time.

my theory is they all want the jade and tanner ending. thats rare and from what I understand, not the greatest match anyway.

I do miss bachelor pad and the games. people have figured out to "act" and lead someone on for a rose, pathetic

• Love 2

I could NOT stop laughing at the extended reaction from Romeo to Kira as she stood there wickedly smiling and knowing she backed him into a corner. His reactions afterwards and shudder were HILARIOUS. He seems like the type that is easily manipulated but slow to commit. He goes along with the flow and is maybe easy going luring his counterpart into thinking he’s more committed than he actually is. 

I think putting this show together is likely tricky because these people ALL know each other and hang out at Bachelor events, festivals and parties constantly. They probably have so much Ashley and Jared filler because they know they may not be able to set up connections and drama and have coherent story lines because they all already are friends. I think that’s why some are just exiting when their connection doesn’t work out because they’re like hey I’ve already hung out enough times with x people and wasn’t interested. And the others that are involved in love triangles are there for the vacation and booze and insta fame. 

• Love 3

I really disliked the extent to which Sally was bullied. Wells told a story which clearly wasn't 100% fact, and a couple of mean girls decided they had the right to interrogate her and make her feel unwanted. Genevieve comes across as a total a-hole, not wanting Justin, but not wanting anyone else to have him either.

I was disappointed in the guys, even Wells, who made her the punchline of jokes and couldn't even try to see her as a human being with feelings. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I really disliked the extent to which Sally was bullied. Wells told a story which clearly wasn't 100% fact, and a couple of mean girls decided they had the right to interrogate her and make her feel unwanted. Genevieve comes across as a total a-hole, not wanting Justin, but not wanting anyone else to have him either.

I was disappointed in the guys, even Wells, who made her the punchline of jokes and couldn't even try to see her as a human being with feelings. 

I completely agree! The public shaming of the contents of Salley's suitcase was just the tip of the iceberg when it came to the bullying they showed her.  I hate that they had the nerve to interrogate her as soon as she stepped foot on the island to try and get her to confess to not being completely over her ex-fiancé. They were engaged! It's incredibly painful to get over a broken engagement.  At least someone wanted to marry her, can't say that about some of these immature attention-whore girls.  Sally is a naturally pretty, sweet seeming girl and these girls with their bloated cheap Groupon lip fillers, hair extensions and flashy thong bikinis saw her as a threat and wanted her out of the competition.  Onward and upward, Salley!  

Edited by Hip-to-be-Square
  • Love 6
On 10/11/2022 at 9:58 PM, Ms Blue Jay said:

I figured out what Kira's weird, overly serious and professional demeanor reminds me of - Lilith from "Frasier".

Yes, I thought the same. Something about the slightly deep voice and over seriousness was giving me major Lilith vibes. 

I feel bad for Kira, she's definitely getting the buffoon edit from production and it's gone too far in spots. Like that used vibrator bit, I have no doubt some production assistant whispered that one in her ear and it was supposed to be a joke, but they edited into seeming like something she really did. 

And she looked stunning in that pathetic scene on the beach with Romeo. It's very sad to me that women are so conditioned to value themselves by how many guys want them that they debase themselves to try get more interest. She's a very attractive woman and a doctor, like how the hell isn't she a catch? It's the no confidence thing. 

I can't remember Romeo from whatever season he was on, but he's another victim of Paradise reputation crash and burn. He hit that beach and whatever good will he had was toast immediately. I do think the 45 min of silence was looped or stitched together, but his face also looked legit terrified to leave with her. But smart move, his rep wasn't climbing out of the basement in this season.

That was the most embarrassing "we're leaving Paradise together" exit interview I've ever seen. Worse the "we're getting engaged because my real pick self eliminated and I'm determined to have this moment anyway" proposal speeches.

so Pete is excited to tell her all about himself….sounds like a great date!

Yeah, Pete is such a narcissist that he doesn't even hear that phrasing. I can't wait to tell you all about me...ugh. Good for Brittany for not kissing him just to go along to get along. And of course he doesn't have any idea what went wrong and assumes that she's chasing him for clout. Right, cause you're super famous, Pizza Pete from the bachelor franchise. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4

I think production was mad at Salley for bailing on Clayton's season, then bailing again on BIP when she initially changed her mind for "work reasons". So they filled her suitcase with items to embarrass her and coaxed the other girls to rummage through it. They also had Wells recite a very embellished story about her.

Girl didn't have a chance. 

• Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

Not “even” Wells.  I’d say especially Wells.   I thought he was supposed to be the grownup, instead he is a big time instigator.   I hope his paycheque was worth how he is trashing his own reputation.   It isn’t just the contestants who have to go back in the real world. 

• Love 4

It seems like maybe they have a lack of contestants this season.  This is perhaps why Jared and Ashley are there and there are like 15 men and 7 women right now.  And why they were so desperate for Salley to come on, perhaps they just have no one else in the pipeline.  As each woman is self-eliminating, they should be replacing them immediately with another woman.  Aren't they all supposedly sequestered at a hotel in Mexico until its their time to make an entrance?  I know this show is a shitshow but I'm surprised with all the famewhores in bachelor nation, they can't get more people to come on. They certainly seem to fly all over the country for Bachelor meet-ups and Coachella so why not a free trip to Mexico to get some more followers on your instagram account?   And does anyone else wonder how these people, who for the most part seem to have really mediocre jobs, afford all these trips? 

• Applause 1
2 hours ago, Katie111 said:

It seems like maybe they have a lack of contestants this season.  This is perhaps why Jared and Ashley are there and there are like 15 men and 7 women right now.  And why they were so desperate for Salley to come on, perhaps they just have no one else in the pipeline.  As each woman is self-eliminating, they should be replacing them immediately with another woman.  Aren't they all supposedly sequestered at a hotel in Mexico until its their time to make an entrance?  I know this show is a shitshow but I'm surprised with all the famewhores in bachelor nation, they can't get more people to come on. They certainly seem to fly all over the country for Bachelor meet-ups and Coachella so why not a free trip to Mexico to get some more followers on your instagram account?   And does anyone else wonder how these people, who for the most part seem to have really mediocre jobs, afford all these trips? 

I’ve read that 43 in total show up…and so far, they seem very unmemorable.  

• Love 1
3 hours ago, DEL901 said:

Not “even” Wells.  I’d say especially Wells.   I thought he was supposed to be the grownup, instead he is a big time instigator.   I hope his paycheque was worth how he is trashing his own reputation.   It isn’t just the contestants who have to go back in the real world. 

Well he’s got Modern Family syndication money now he’s probably set for life as long as he stays married to Sarah Hyland.

I find it kinda rich that he’s so eager to be snide and catty about people’s hookups etc when if I’m recalling right, he had a fairly embarrassing exit on his original Bachelorette season. Didn’t he get friend zoned hard and then have a super awkward attempt to be romantic and get sent packing on a 1-1? Am I making that up?

I do think he’s going way over the top, esp with Salley. Whoever she pissed off, she pissed them all the way off to be treated like that. I feel like there should be some backlash for that, it was just over the top.

and the Genevieve/Shanae/James (why??) pile on was so oversized as a reaction. The right reasons police really take on mob mentality on that beach and she hadn’t done anything wrong to them. I can see production being mad that she’d flaked on them multiple times but the people on the beach had no reason to be angry 

• Love 5

In defense of Wells...he's likely playing along to a script and is in on the joke,

The joke being this show has become an overwrought, emotional trainwreck. Way too much crying and dramatics for what's supposed to be a fun dating show. 

Instead of borrowing the Casa Amour strategy from Love Island, they should have borrowed it's lightheartedness. 

• Applause 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, snarts said:

In defense of Wells...he's likely playing along to a script and is in on the joke,

The joke being this show has become an overwrought, emotional trainwreck. Way too much crying and dramatics for what's supposed to be a fun dating show. 

Instead of borrowing the Casa Amour strategy from Love Island, they should have borrowed it's lightheartedness. 

It’s a script for him and the producers, but these are real people who don’t get a say in how they’re edited to look and it leaves a lasting public impression that does affect them in real life. 

Wells himself seems to lean into the cattiness in way Jorge the bartender didn’t do. Jorge interacted with the cast, but he didn’t actively stir the shit. Wells always seems eager to get in the mix when people are tearing each other down and eggs them on. The scallop fingers incident from a previous season is another example.

• Sad 1
  • Love 6
On 10/13/2022 at 12:05 PM, LuvMyShows said:

What I have noticed most about Brandon this season, is that when he is saying certain types of things -- like sentimental -- he sounds exactly like Matthew McConaughey.

YES!!!

• Love 1
21 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

It’s a script for him and the producers, but these are real people who don’t get a say in how they’re edited to look and it leaves a lasting public impression that does affect them in real life.

None of these real people are new to reality TV or to the Bachelor producers. They chose to come on this show  (sometimes over & over again) and act a fool. I have no pity. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, snarts said:

None of these real people are new to reality TV or to the Bachelor producers. They chose to come on this show  (sometimes over & over again) and act a fool. I have no pity. 

Exactly. 

9 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

Jorge interacted with the cast, but he didn’t actively stir the shit. Wells always seems eager to get in the mix when people are tearing each other down and eggs them on. The scallop fingers incident from a previous season is another example.

Stirring the sh*t is usually at least equal-opportunity to all the BiP folks, but the scallop fingers stuff crossed the line into cruelty.

• Love 2