Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

Just now, peachmangosteen said:

Whitley. She kidnapped Abe. Played by Kim Coles.

Wow of course I already forgot about that. Definitely her story was better unfortunately little did we know her love for Body and Soul would infect the rest of the show.

Connie is a waste of airtime and has no connections to anyone. At least Whitley didn't overstay her welcome. She was a short term villain the way it's supposed to be.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2

Well...... I liked the stuffed cats from the Whitely storyline, and I liked cardboard Li from the Connie storyline, pretty much equally.

If Show insists on this sorta thing, then I could also go for a cardboard Rafe, a stuffed Paulina and maybe a roomba refashioned to sound like Abe's chuckle.  No reason Ron C. couldn't build a storyline around those.

• LOL 9
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I enjoy the hell outta Connie. I enjoyed Whitley too though.

I, too, enjoy Connie and enjoyed Whitley.  I sympathized with Whitley a bit more, though, since they at least gave her a sympathetic backstory.

Connie's backstory (what little they've given us) is filled with zero sympathetic elements at all.

• Like 1

Stefan redeemed himself somewhat today with his Li trash talking. I liked the bit about how he and Gabi used to just laugh and laugh behind his back about what a loser he was.

Melinda glad the Connie is no Oppenheimer lol. She has been my favourite throughout this.

Guess we get one more Connie day Monday? Then can this plot be killed forever? Like poor Li.

Chad is such an easy mark for this grift. Ouch. Wonder if Mom Greene is Catharina. That would explain the John connection.

Gabi and Ava both owing their lives to the bros Dimera was an intersting counterpoint. Frankly I prefer Stefan with Ava. EJ and Gabi definitely have possibilities.

JUST RUN THE TEST YOURSELF KAYLA. What is the issue? Just do a private redo on your own.

Connie managed to get from the house to Ava's place in less than 2 minutes. Impressive.

• Like 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

JUST RUN THE TEST YOURSELF KAYLA. What is the issue? Just do a private redo on your own.

She can't do it without Fabigail's consent. Because she is such a stickler for rules and laws. And also can't just ask Fabigail for her consent for some reason. Duh!

EJ saving Gabi 🥰

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

while I liked Whitley I hatted the plot.  Too much Paulina.   too much body and soul.  and it led to the current dreck.   I've got to say I was actually interested in the wrap up of the connie storyline even though I tired of connie herself.   Jada's face when she saw "lee" was gold.   and it didn't drag.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Given how bad GH has gotten (even my dedicated 77-year old mom barely seems to care anymore), this has actually been pretty good in comparison. 

I'm going to be positive- I also like that Kristen is doing normal mom things. I also like that Mark Green seems far less stiff than he was during his first few scenes, and I like that he's serving an actual purpose to the plot than to just be a cute doctor. I like that this plot with Mark and "Fabigail" ties into Clyde, and I'm glad that they got a good actress with ALM to pull this sort of thing off.

I also kind of got a kick in seeing Melinda Trask get to play the damsel in distress for once. I don't think either iteration of her has gotten to play that beat before.

3 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

I say let’s go full steam ahead with Gabi and EJ. 

The build up has been really good. Gabi feeling grateful towards EJ is a great move for this, if we're going there. EJ wanting to feel that hero worship for a bit? Yeah, I think this was a good move.

Frankly though, I also think that Stefan has better chemistry with Ava so if they're also laying the seeds for that, I'm in. I will say that I really think Tamera Braun is good at selling at pairings and it's why she's had a nearly 25-year soap career. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

I say let’s go full steam ahead with Gabi and EJ. 

I think this works with this version of Gabi anyways. Of course she'll be tossed aside when Sami eventually returns but that's about it never mind that EJ's non Sami pairings are far more preferable(to me at least).

• Like 2
  • Love 1