Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

46 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Let's - for the sake of this show - ban these words. Nothing good can come from attempting anything "a la Gwen" 😅

😲    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm sorry what now

When Jack first came to town in 1987 he was a blonde cute dude who had been Kayla's bff in Hawaii and they had surfed together. Later, during the Cruise of December in 1990, we learn Jack can't swim. I always found this very odd.

• Like 2
  • LOL 4
41 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

When Jack first came to town in 1987 he was a blonde cute dude who had been Kayla's bff in Hawaii and they had surfed together. Later, during the Cruise of December in 1990, we learn Jack can't swim. I always found this very odd.

Days went through many writers during that period so I am not surprised by lack of continuity

1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Let's - for the sake of this show - ban these words. Nothing good can come from attempting anything "a la Gwen" 😅

😲    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I'm sorry what now

If that's how it pans out, what does the show have in mind for Chad? Falling for and forgiving the phony? Being back at square one again?

As long as she isn’t Gwen I would go for this chick falling for Chad to her surprise and he feels the same then he finds out she was scamming him and then they fall for each other for real. Classic soap

• Like 3
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

As long as she isn’t Gwen I would go for this chick falling for Chad to her surprise and he feels the same then he finds out she was scamming him and then they fall for each other for real. Classic soap

I’m keeping up via this forum since I no longer have Peacock, but if the above happens, isn’t that a retread of Gabi and Stefan 1.0?  Am I remembering the Gabi/Stefan story correctly?

8 hours ago, norcalgal said:

I’m keeping up via this forum since I no longer have Peacock, but if the above happens, isn’t that a retread of Gabi and Stefan 1.0?  Am I remembering the Gabi/Stefan story correctly?

No because there was no reconstruction surgery 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, norcalgal said:

Gabi/Stefan 1.0 was enemies to lovers with Gabi rightfully hating Stefan for his role in sending her to prison which led to her assault that left her unable to conceive anymore children. I can't see the show retconning Chad to make him a villain like Stefan was back then, so the new chick's reasons for scamming Chad will read completely different than Gabi/Stefan if the show went that route.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
15 hours ago, sas616 said:

And my thought was, "Please don't let this be Gwen."    It wouldn't surprise me if she got a new face so she could pretend to be Abigail (and get Chad too!).

I wouldn't put it past Ron to pull this crap as a last FU to the Chabby fanbase. 

• Like 2

ALM had a real career for a while, so I'm hoping her salary is so high she won't be kept around forever. Whatever this storyline turns out to be, it probably won't be good, I fear.

• Like 3

The hit and run scene was so bogus. Sarah standing there like a deer in the headlights, not moving when she sees a car headed her way? Is that really how a person would react? I mean, deer-in-the-headlights is literally a saying, so may you do freeze. It just seemed like awkward acting all the way arount

Can I just say I'm loving the prominence of Sarah's accident footwear? IYKYK

• Like 3
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, brisbydog said:

However, I think it's none of the above and it's a grift

Yeah. Annalyne McCord's face at the end of saying "I guess Abigail is home" had that feeling to it.  "I'm not proud of scamming these people, but I have to do this."

• Like 7

Such a good show today. Everything worked. Even characters I generally dislike like Paulina and Kristen.

I'm very excited about this plot, not just for Xarah but the mess Brady is in, and the complexity of Fiona. I loved her performance today: real tears in Fiona's eyes as she listened to Jada say you can never understand why people do what they do. She's an addict but she's not evil. She is terrified of losing her son again and Brady is collateral damage. 

And now Maggie, seeing her beloved daughter go through what she once did. This is good soap writing. And not a Connie, Leo, Hattie or Bonnie in sight.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

the complexity of Fiona. I loved her performance today: real tears in Fiona's eyes as she listened to Jada say you can never understand why people do what they do.

I didn't catch the entire episode but I did see that and was impressed. I love subtle acting and she brought it.

Her stupid zebra print outfit, on the other hand, stank.

It is SO BIZARRE seeing "Grandma Marlena" standing next to Mama Kristen 🤯 when Marlena seemed to only be five years older than Eileen's Kristen. They were contemporaries once, but now Doc seems 15 years older or more. A generation removed.

How Marlena doesn't beat her with a lamp for daring to stand in her house after raping Eric AND Brady I will never know.

I can *not* get over their scenes together. My brain cannot process it. I know Deidre isn't instructed to play seething rage to the hilt, but I imagine Doc clenching her teeth and clutching a butter knife every time crazy Kristen comes by.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

It is SO BIZARRE seeing "Grandma Marlena" standing next to Mama Kristen 🤯 when Marlena seemed to only be five years older than Eileen's Kristen. They were contemporaries once, but now Doc seems 15 years older or more. A generation removed.

Well, Dee Hall is 21 years older than Stacey Haiduk. If they seem like different generations that's because they're being played by actresses from completely different generations.

However, I prefer to think that Kristen is at least 70 years old because it makes me giggle. (For what it's worth, Eileen Davidson is now 65.)

In all honestly though, I think Kristen is probably supposed to be in her mid-50's, which her being late-40's when she had Rachel. Does it make any sense for her only be 10 years older than EJ given that she was trying to pass him off as her and John's baby? No, but that's soap for you. 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Solid episode again apart from Connie's solo scenes. If Dead Li isn't there, I'm not interested.

I love new Gabi, from neutralizing Kristen to exposing Ava and Stefan. She is way better than either of them.

And Melinda is quickly becoming one of my faves. I know it won't happen but I dream of her with EJ.

And thank you writers, even you Ron, for quickly making it clear this Abby is a fraud.

Side note: did Ron really give Alex a week off?

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

Side note: did Ron really give Alex a week off?

I don't think he'd ever deliberately be this kind to the viewers.

I suspect he's offscreen for a medical reason.  Getting his head extracted from his own ass can be a complicated procedure.

• LOL 16
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, boes said:

I don't think he'd ever deliberately be this kind to the viewers.

I suspect he's offscreen for a medical reason.  Getting his head extracted from his own ass can be a complicated procedure.

I love you boes

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

If Dead Li isn't there

Is he dead though? Has that been confirmed? It would be nice to think he isn't...

4 hours ago, brisbydog said:

And thank you writers, even you Ron, for quickly making it clear this Abby is a fraud.

I'm sick and dozed in and out. How was it made clear?

• Like 3
17 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Is he dead though? Has that been confirmed? It would be nice to think he isn't...

I'm sick and dozed in and out. How was it made clear?

Sorry yes he is Delusional Connie's Fantasy Li. I hope the real one left on the sub with Dr Rolf and Dimitri 

Fake Abby called an accomplice and said "everything is going according to plan"

• Like 6

Fake Abby called an accomplice and said "everything is going according to plan"

I find this a much more interesting story line than the 478th iteration of So-and-So is back from the dead AGAIN.  

5 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I love new Gabi, from neutralizing Kristen to exposing Ava and Stefan. She is way better than either of them.

And Melinda is quickly becoming one of my faves. I know it won't happen but I dream of her with EJ.

See, these are the kind of stories most of us watch soaps for.  Drama, intrigue, plotting and sometimes heartbreak.  We DON'T need (or WANT) brain chips, magic masks, back from the dead, devil possession or any of that supernatural crap.  

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 3
35 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

I find this a much more interesting story line than the 478th iteration of So-and-So is back from the dead AGAIN.  

See, these are the kind of stories most of us watch soaps for.  Drama, intrigue, plotting and sometimes heartbreak.  We DON'T need (or WANT) brain chips, magic masks, back from the dead, devil possession or any of that supernatural crap.  

Or Body & Soul hijincks 

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

Maybe I am feeling Cranky today, but nuGabi is not doing for me.  Firstly, her overly red, smeary lipstick is distracting and her overly theatrical acting is not 'my cup of tea"...it just seems like she is being 'over the top" while portraying a Villian.  Or maybe its just because I was a fan of Camilla Banus.  And then Jack, Jennifer & Chad were working my last nerve!  How Dumb and Gullible are they?! Chad looking at "Abby" with puppy dog eyes and Jennifer shrieking about seeing her daughter.  Gads, looks like even with a DNA test, they would take a step back and think this through & realize it makes no sense. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Maybe I am feeling Cranky today, but nuGabi is not doing for me.  Firstly, her overly red, smeary lipstick is distracting and her overly theatrical acting is not 'my cup of tea"...it just seems like she is being 'over the top" while portraying a Villian.  Or maybe its just because I was a fan of Camilla Banus.  And then Jack, Jennifer & Chad were working my last nerve!  How Dumb and Gullible are they?! Chad looking at "Abby" with puppy dog eyes and Jennifer shrieking about seeing her daughter.  Gads, looks like even with a DNA test, they would take a step back and think this through & realize it makes no sense. 

I'm glad that JJ hasn't been involved in this yet. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Or Body & Soul hijincks 

Speaking of which, I watched this and wondered if it would prove 300 times less ridiculous than whatever B&S will turn out to be...

3 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

And then Jack, Jennifer & Chad were working my last nerve!  How Dumb and Gullible are they?! Chad looking at "Abby" with puppy dog eyes and Jennifer shrieking about seeing her daughter.  Gads, looks like even with a DNA test, they would take a step back and think this through & realize it makes no sense. 

Yeah, see I'm more annoyed that they all already had to deal with an imposter in the family messing with them - Gwen - and now itll be several more months of them getting jerked around.

I'm still pissed at how easily Gwen hurt them all, over and over, and never paid for it.

Thanks Brisby!

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

I think we all agree that Fabigail is likely Jack's daughter but probably not Jennifer's and nobody is going to check. I've seen lots of speculation that she's Gwen on a grift, but I can't see Ron resisting showing another Theresa and Gwen swap, nor him recasting his beloved Emily O. If she is not actually Abby, but doesn't know it, let me throw out another possibility. Back in August 1988 Melissa dumped Jack at the alter and blew town, going on their honeymoon alone. She returned in early 1990, angrier at Jack than even when she left. If she was pregnant and had dumped his kid somewhere this would actually make sense. And Fabigail would have ties to the Hortons and Johnsons. Anyhow just a thought cause I hate Gwen 

Edited by brisbydog
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

I think we all agree that Fabigail is likely Jack's daughter but probably not Jennifer's and nobody is going to check. I've seen lots of speculation that she's Gwen on a grift, but I can't see Ron resisting showing another Theresa and Gwen swap, nor him recasting his beloved Emily O. If she is not actually Abby, but doesn't know it, let me throw out another possibility. Back in August 1988 Melissa dumped Jack at the alter and blew town, going on their honeymoon alone. She returned in early 1990, angrier at Jack than even when she left. If she was pregnant and had dumped his kid somewhere this would actually make sense. And Fabigail would have ties to the Hortons and Johnsons. Anyhow just a thought cause I hate Gwen 

This was the story a lot of people wanted for Gwen, and it would have made Sarah vs. Gwen all the more richer. 

I hope the writers do this as I always liked Melissa, even though I wasn't watching during her runs. I really liked Lisa Trusel whenever she comes to visit. With Sarah, Maggie and Holly* on canvas, Melissa and a recast Nathan would make perfect sense on canvas.

* Holly is Melissa's adopted niece via Daniel; however, Ron is so odd when it comes to adoption that I don't know how he'll treat a Melissa/Holly connection. Considering the only thing we've known about Sarah for years was her close relationship with Melissa before Sarah was reintroduced to canvas, I assume/hope he would value their sisterly relationship. Of course this is all speculation.

• Like 2
(edited)

I have a random question. Let's say AnnaLynne McCord is Abigail. Would this be the most recasts of a Soap Opera Supercouple?

Chabby actors:

1. Kate Mansi and Casey Deidrick (These two started the pairing and their big storyline, from memory, was whether Chad or Cameron would take her virginity).

2. Kate Mansi and Billy Flynn (Personally, I think these two by far got the best writing, had the best chemistry, and cemented Chabby as a powerhouse couple/ Supercouple).

3. Billy Flynn and Marci Miller

4. Maybe BIlly Flynn and AnnaLynne McCord.

That would be two Chad actors and potentially three Abby actors. 

Marlena and the there Romans come close, but Marlena was never a supercouple with Josh's Roman; although, the show tried. (I'm counting Drake's time as Roman in this since he was Roman to the writers, actors, and audience for years before the retcon).

Has any other supercouple had so many actors and still been viable with the audience?

Edited by 4evaQuez
  • Like 2
19 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

I have a random question. Let's say AnnaLynne McCord is Abigail. Would this be the most recasts of a Soap Opera Supercouple?

Chabby actors:

1. Kate Mansi and Casey Deidrick (These two started the pairing and their big storyline, from memory, was whether Chad or Cameron would take her virginity).

2. Kate Mansi and Billy Flynn (Personally, I think these two by far got the best writing, had the best chemistry, and cemented Chabby as a powerhouse couple/ Supercouple).

Marlena and the there Romans come close, but Marlena was never a supercouple with Josh's Roman; although, the show tried. (I'm counting Drake's time as Roman in this since he was Roman to the writers, actors, and audience for years before the retcon).

Has any other supercouple had so many actors and still been viable with the audience?

I mean we had 3 Jacks (Matthew Ashford, Mark Valley, Steve Wilder) and 3 Jennifers (Missy, Cady and Stephanie Cameron). I'd say Mark valley was relatively well received but was never Jack to me. But Matt and Missy are always who you think of. I don't mind Cady though.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
16 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

I mean we had 3 Jacks (Matthew Ashford, Mark Valley, Steve Wilder) and 3 Jennifers (Missy, Cady and Stephanie Cameron). I'd say Mark valley was relatively well received but was never Jack to me. But Matt and Missy are always who you think of. I don't mind Cady though.

Yes! You're correct. Somehow I forgot all about Stephanie Cameron - although I was watching at that time. I also forgot about Steve Wilder; although, I remember Mark Valley).

You're right, I only think of Missy and Matt when I think of JnJ, but there have been quite a few recasts with these two also.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

I would love it if they allowed JJ to have a brain and realize Fabby is a fake. 

I could see him being the lone holdout tbh because he seems different than the rest of his family. However, given how Ron is writing this I don't have much hope. 

1 hour ago, 4evaQuez said:

Chabby actors:

I don't really consider Chabby a supercouple(I think Jack/Jennifer where the last one of Days tbh) as that phenomenon died in the 90s.

A popular couple? Yes but yeah between the two they had a ton of recasts and still have a following very rare. Especially when GH had 4 Carlys but Sonny remained the same. Santa Barbara had 3 Masons but Julia was the same. 

• Like 5
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I think most people assume the whole thing is a con, per the phone call on Friday. Faking a DNA test is pretty common practice in Salem.

Now if Gwen wasn't a character,  then I would think AnnLynne could be Jack's daughter, but giving Jack two unknown daughters in 4 years seems like too much. 

• Like 6

I'd say Mark valley was relatively well received but was never Jack to me.

I was ok with Mark Valley the actor, couldn’t get on board his Jack Devereaux because one of the first things his Jack did was have sex with Jennifer’s mom!!!  For some CRAZY, RIDICULOUS reason, neither Laura nor Jack knew who the other was, so this grossness was hand washed away. 
Speaking of Mark Valley, I liked that tv show he did where he was a cop who ended up in England!?  Too bad the show lasted only a season, IIRC.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

I was ok with Mark Valley the actor, couldn’t get on board his Jack Devereaux because one of the first things his Jack did was have sex with Jennifer’s mom!!!  For some CRAZY, RIDICULOUS reason, neither Laura nor Jack knew who the other was, so this grossness was hand washed away. 
Speaking of Mark Valley, I liked that tv show he did where he was a cop who ended up in England!?  Too bad the show lasted only a season, IIRC.

I understand Laura not knowing Jack. Wasn't she mentally unwell, heavily drugged, and in an institution for most of Jennifer's life? It wasn't until Vivian entered Laura's life that Laura seemed to regain some mental faculties regarding her life and well-being.

I don't understand Jack not knowing Laura. Even if he'd never visited Laura with Jennifer at the institution, I refuse to believe Jennifer had never shown him photos or that there weren't any photos in any of the Horton family albums. I mean this woman married two Horton men and technically had kids with two of them, if you include the years people believed Mike was Mickey's son.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I think most people assume the whole thing is a con, per the phone call on Friday. Faking a DNA test is pretty common practice in Salem.

Yeah, it's a total con. Thank god because I would have been rolling my eyes at Jack having yet another errant daughter showing up. That would be giving Vicki Buchanan serious competition in the "children I never knew I had" department.

Like, for someone like Stefano, I can buy that he would have all these random kids because of how the character was written. But Jack? Come on.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
6 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

I understand Laura not knowing Jack. Wasn't she mentally unwell, heavily drugged, and in an institution for most of Jennifer's life? It wasn't until Vivian entered Laura's life that Laura seemed to regain some mental faculties regarding her life and well-being.

I don't understand Jack not knowing Laura. Even if he'd never visited Laura with Jennifer at the institution, I refuse to believe Jennifer had never shown him photos or that there weren't any photos in any of the Horton family albums. I mean this woman married two Horton men and technically had kids with two of them, if you include the years people believed Mike was Mickey's son.

Yep she was. Tom/Alice with some Mickey/Maggie thrown in were the parental figures of Jennifer(same with MTW's Mike tbh). Bill and Laura were really strangers to her when it came down to it.

3 hours ago, methodwriter85 said:

Yeah, it's a total con. Thank god because I would have been rolling my eyes at Jack having yet another errant daughter showing up. That would be giving Vicki Buchanan serious competition in the "children I never knew I had" department.

Like, for someone like Stefano, I can buy that he would have all these random kids because of how the character was written. But Jack? Come on.

Well Jack was gone for long periods of time him having a long-lost kid or two isn't that farfetched to me. I would buy it more pre-Jennifer than after her though given how he used to frequent prostitutes and other women back in the day. 

Stefano's long lost kids should've ended with Chad. There's no point in giving him long lost kids when he's no longer here. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2

I really like ALM and think she has good chemistry with BF. I don’t care if she turns out to be Abby or not. I just want her sticking around and exploring something legitimately with Billy.

• Like 7
2 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

I really like ALM and think she has good chemistry with BF. I don’t care if she turns out to be Abby or not. I just want her sticking around and exploring something legitimately with Billy.

I think with Ron gone and if she chooses to stay then she will be Abby otherwise no. However I agree I think she should stay regardless because Chad doesn’t have other options here. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Oh come on Melinda is smart enough not to walk into that apt and no way the chief legal counsel goes herself.  but it was still funny when connie offered her tea and she accepted.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
(edited)
On 8/15/2024 at 10:18 AM, DisneyBoy said:

ALM had a real career for a while, so I'm hoping her salary is so high she won't be kept around forever. Whatever this storyline turns out to be, it probably won't be good, I fear.

I love Annalynne, I've watched her on Nip/Tuck, 90210, Secrets and Lies. However, her "Dear Putin" video, which she was dragged for, is what I remember her for the most: "Dear Putin, If I Was Your Mother..." | Actress AnnaLynne McCord's Video Goes Viral | Russia-Ukraine - YouTube

Edited by ASpring1900
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)

Really?  Philip only made it to age four before he got aged?  At least Shawn made it to twelve and Belle to six.

And how are Johnny and Stephanie cousins?

Edited by Rodney
3 hours ago, Rodney said:

Really?  Philip only made it to age four before he got aged?  At least Shawn made it to twelve and Belle to six.

And how are Johnny and Stephanie cousins?

I think EJ was the worst. He was born in 1997 and was not a teen, but a full adult in 2006

• Like 3
8 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

I think EJ was the worst. He was born in 1997 and was not a teen, but a full adult in 2006

It really messed with my mind that I was 11 years old when I watched Kristen pass off Baby EJ as John's and then when he returned he was like 26 and I was only 20. Lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
17 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

It really messed with my mind that I was 11 years old when I watched Kristen pass off Baby EJ as John's and then when he returned he was like 26 and I was only 20. Lol

I had my daughter the same year as Brady. He is clearly into his fifties now. She is 31

• Like 3
7 hours ago, ASpring1900 said:

I love Annalynne, I've watched her on Nip/Tuck, 90210, Secrets and Lies. However, her "Dear Putin" video, which she was dragged for, is what I remember her for the most: "Dear Putin, If I Was Your Mother..." | Actress AnnaLynne McCord's Video Goes Viral | Russia-Ukraine - YouTube

Oooooohhhhhh goooooodddddd why did I click that why did I click that !?!

CRINGE!!!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • LOL 5
10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Oooooohhhhhh goooooodddddd why did I click that why did I click that !?!

CRINGE!!!

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I got through a whole 10 seconds of that.  Can't say I wasn't warned.

• LOL 3