Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I agree. Her accent was odd to me so I just assumed the actress was faking an accent until I looked her up and saw she’s from the UK.

She is trying to sound like she is from the upper class but too hard. And I think that is Fiona, not Serena, who definitely is English and speaks a lot less plummy

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
8 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Bonnie's been up Alex's ass plus she knows Justin was deeply hurt by Alex not being his son so it makes sense she'd be like this. I don't know if ZT just didn't really wanna be there or if it was an acting choice, but I thought he looked bored and miserable during the scenes with Alex, so that was funny lol.

Exactly.

Honestly, I'm glad some of you aren't my family because damn you expect people to turn on their own family lol. I mean, it's one thing if a family member is a murderer or a rapist but 'acting like a little bitch to me when coming to terms with finding out I wasn't his bio dad' and 'faked a paternity' just aren't things I expect peoples' families to disown them for. And that's in real life, in soaps hell I don't even expect them to do it for rapes and murders lol.

I don't expect Alex to be disowned but to be dragged by Sonny for how he treated their dad isn't too much to ask. Then they can get past it after that. Alex may be obnoxious but he doesn't bother me like he does others. Probably because his character gets humbled on a regular basis and isn't an actual criminal like so many on this show. 

• Like 4
15 hours ago, boes said:

On a slightly less inflammatory note, anybody believe Leo actually ATE that honkin' huge piece of wedding cake?

It looked delicious, so I wouldn't blame him if he did. I believe all their food is provided by Kraft Services...and from everything I hear, it's all very good.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
Just now, Soapy Goddess said:

It looked delicious, so I wouldn't blame him if he did. I believe all their food is provided by Kraft Services...and from everything I hear, it's all very good.

I agree!  I love wedding cake and it looked delicious!

• Like 6
(edited)

The thing that cracked me up about the wedding cake was that it wasn't at all what Chanel said she was gonna make for Theresa lol.

14 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Alex may be obnoxious but he doesn't bother me like he does others. Probably because his character gets humbled on a regular basis and isn't an actual criminal like so many on this show. 

This.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2

When you have to make characters idiots to move the plot along…

Gabi hires the woman who says she went to her brother’s hospital room to give Gabi her resume. Creepy as fuck. 

Marlena the amazing *cough* psychiatrist doesn’t figure out Everett is Bobby until after their session, but two non-medical personnel figure it out just through a conversation. (Aside- BB was hysterical in the hypnosis scene.)

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Kristen stole the embryo that is now elderly teen Tate right out of Theresa's body and now she's CEO of DiMera.  

I love this so much more than middle aged Tate.   Also Brady went ahead and had another child with Kristen after she stole Tate.   

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Technically he was raped, but....yeah you'd think he'd never, ever, ever get back together with her in any form after Italy.

Oh Brady!

And does anyone else enjoy him more drunk, too? EM seems to lighten up  considerably when Brady gets to indulge, sad to say.

• Like 6
7 hours ago, oceanblue said:

I love this so much more than middle aged Tate.   Also Brady went ahead and had another child with Kristen after she stole Tate.   

The latter was not by choice though he thought he slept with Nicole. You just remind me how ridiculously awful it is that Kristen got rewarded with her rape victim's child yet again. 

They should've kept Rachel(who I find rather insufferable personally) as Mickey. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

Well after two dud days I have thoughts about today!

First off, I was going to give Alex some sympathy for being used and messed up by Theresa, but his wallowing, self involved pity party with no thoughts for anybody but himself was too much. How can he whine in one breath that his whole life was upended by this lie, but then say Xander will just be happy with the payday? And what was with sitting in a room drinking starting at Victor, who in fact was never his father and never lied to him? What a pathetic douche bucket.

Sarah said everything that needed to be said to him, sadly it fell on deaf ears because in Alex's world only he can suffer and feel betrayal from a parent. And this jerk still has JUSTIN, who was always his dad and never stopped, even when he thought he wasn't.

It is indicative of Ron's writing that we got ten minutes about Paulina's cholesterol yesterday, when just 6 minutes of Xander coming home and telling Sarah how he felt about this lie was immensely needed. Why was this vital conversation off screen? I realize Ron is all about plot so Xander's role today was to first figure out Theresa was the kidnapper, and then set up her obvious arrest tomorrow, but where, again, is his POV in this? I'm glad Sarah told us how he was feeling but we should have seen that conversation after this long build up.

Holly and Tate were blah as usual, but I did like him reading the article about his mother. I heard Leo's voice in the writing.

Brady's spit-take was so fun. I was hoping Fiona would fill him in on the events of the wedding he missed. I like how he was not surprised at all about Theresa. I am relieved they did not shag. Xander does not need that added trauma. Points to the show that Fiona pronounced 'scone' exactly how Xander said she would.

EJ was great fun today. He knows Nicole is lost to him so he will just be a thorn in her and Eric's side, and frankly I can't blame him. He was a terrific husband to her when she wanted him to be, grieved a child with her, gave her support through Holly's drug OD, paid for Holly's treatment, and ultimately got her son back to her, but now he is Villain #1 in Ericole's eyes despite coming very late to the Jude game. I was also pleased how fast he agreed to issue an arrest warrant on Theresa, but wasn't sure why Nicole would be mad if he didn't. They have barely interacted in my memory.

Eric and Nicole themselves remain meh. Dead couple walking really. Holly is insane though. What teen would really give up m moving to freaking PARIS over living in Salem? For a boy she has dated for a few months.

• Like 2
  • Applause 3

I hope the new writing regime gets rid of Alex. Insufferable today. And that goes for Ben never to be seen again.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Thank God that it appears that Theresa is finally going to be facing the consequences of her actions. It has been a long time coming. I also find it hilarious that the only reason why Theresa even bothered turning herself in was because she doesn't want Xander retaliating against her and she felt like she had no other choice and not because she felt any real remorse for what she did. Hopefully Brady and Alex don't buy a single word she says to them because whatever apology Theresa tries to sell to them is more than likely not even genuine. It's not like Theresa's even human anyway; she has no real feelings for anyone other than herself. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Well after two dud days I have thoughts about today!

First off, I was going to give Alex some sympathy for being used and messed up by Theresa, but his wallowing, self involved pity party with no thoughts for anybody but himself was too much. How can he whine in one breath that his whole life was upended by this lie, but then say Xander will just be happy with the payday? And what was with sitting in a room drinking starting at Victor, who in fact was never his father and never lied to him? What a pathetic douche bucket.

Sarah said everything that needed to be said to him, sadly it fell on deaf ears because in Alex's world only he can suffer and feel betrayal from a parent. And this jerk still has JUSTIN, who was always his dad and never stopped, even when he thought he wasn't.

It is indicative of Ron's writing that we got ten minutes about Paulina's cholesterol yesterday, when just 6 minutes of Xander coming home and telling Sarah how he felt about this lie was immensely needed. Why was this vital conversation off screen? I realize Ron is all about plot so Xander's role today was to first figure out Theresa was the kidnapper, and then set up her obvious arrest tomorrow, but where, again, is his POV in this? I'm glad Sarah told us how he was feeling but we should have seen that conversation after this long build up.

Holly and Tate were blah as usual, but I did like him reading the article about his mother. I heard Leo's voice in the writing.

Brady's spit-take was so fun. I was hoping Fiona would fill him in on the events of the wedding he missed. I like how he was not surprised at all about Theresa. I am relieved they did not shag. Xander does not need that added trauma. Points to the show that Fiona pronounced 'scone' exactly how Xander said she would.

EJ was great fun today. He knows Nicole is lost to him so he will just be a thorn in her and Eric's side, and frankly I can't blame him. He was a terrific husband to her when she wanted him to be, grieved a child with her, gave her support through Holly's drug OD, paid for Holly's treatment, and ultimately got her son back to her, but now he is Villain #1 in Ericole's eyes despite coming very late to the Jude game. I was also pleased how fast he agreed to issue an arrest warrant on Theresa, but wasn't sure why Nicole would be mad if he didn't. They have barely interacted in my memory.

Eric and Nicole themselves remain meh. Dead couple walking really. Holly is insane though. What teen would really give up m moving to freaking PARIS over living in Salem? For a boy she has dated for a few months.

Yes, what the hell was that? And ad for cholesterol meds, statins? Which they push way too often and everyone with High” cholesterol needs to really research how bad or not cholesterol really is and not just blindly take  the meds doctors are pushing . It made me so angry. 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, chediavolo said:

Yes, what the hell was that? And ad for cholesterol meds, statins? Which they push way too often and everyone with High” cholesterol needs to really research how bad or not cholesterol really is and not just blindly take  the meds doctors are pushing . It made me so angry. 

More air time for Paulina.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1

Well today definitely moved the plot forward - and I agree with you @brisbydog that Alex has thrown away any hope of sympathy he had with his self-imposed pity party.  His life isn't really upended - it goes back to EXACTLY what he had before except now he has to deal with the fact that he really IS an asshole.

LOVED Eric thinking he was in any position to walk in and demand anything from EJ.  He really should know better.

So I know that theoretically Nicole and Xander are both in a position where they can throw money away with no concern but apparently BOTH of them just bought plane tickets so they could have a confrontation at the gate.  Nicole could at least find out what flight Eric would be on (as there wouldn't be more than one flight a day to France) but since Xander didn't even know where Theresa was going, did he just buy a flight somewhere and wander around the airport until he spotted her?  Seriously writers, it's not the 90's you can't just wander around an airport anymore.

5 hours ago, brisbydog said:

It is indicative of Ron's writing that we got ten minutes about Paulina's cholesterol yesterday, when just 6 minutes of Xander coming home and telling Sarah how he felt about this lie was immensely needed. Why was this vital conversation off screen?

Yes, if the writers think talking about someone's cholesterol makes the show seem real or relatable I would like to assure them that it does NOT.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2
(edited)

Xander had some of the fire I miss from him with Theresa today. Ugh, I'll never not be mad they've redeemed him.

Watch Theresa spend 20 years in prison for practically nothing while everyone else in Salem runs free lol.

I loved the Eric/EJ scenes. EJ is such an asshole in the best possible way. And Eric had a little of his 'weirdly acting like a teen' way about him today, which is the only way I enjoy him.

I fast forwarded the Alex/Sarah scenes as I simply don't really care about either of them.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 3
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Xander had some of the fire I miss from him with Theresa today. Ugh, I'll never not be mad they've redeemed him.

Watch Theresa spend 20 years in prison for practically nothing while everyone else in Salem runs free lol.

I loved the Eric/EJ scenes. EJ is such an asshole in the best possible way. And Eric had a little of his 'weirdly acting like a teen' way about him today, which is the only way I enjoy him.

I fast forwarded the Alex/Sarah scenes as I simply don't really care about either of them.

You missed Alex whining that his 'whole life' was a lie. In actual fact the last ten months were, and now he is reset to where he was. He talked about how it hurt to think Victor lied to him, then when Sarah mentioned Xander is in the same boat, he was incredulous that Xander is not delighted. Only he can suffer dammit

My favourite moment of the show was hangdog Eric, with his sad face, whispering morosely that seeing Nicole brightens his day.

• Like 5
  • Love 2
10 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

That is the absolute least she deserves after all of the crap she's pulled over the last decade, plus everything that she's done this time around. I hope the judge throws the book at her and gives her the maximum sentence. Maybe, just maybe, it might finally knock some sense into her. If that doesn't do it then pretty much nothing else will at this point. 

• Like 1

I figured out what bothers me about the EJ/Nicole/Eric story. Well a couple of things beyond me not caring for Ericole as a couple. 

1.  Maybe I missed it but how come nobody else besides Sloane brought up Sydnapping. I would think EJ would be the first to bring it up. 

2. The lack of Sloane in this storyline. She should be in the middle of this right now. Instead they have EJ bear the brunt of this acting like he knew the entire time which he didn't. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
(edited)
1 hour ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

That is the absolute least she deserves after all of the crap she's pulled over the last decade, plus everything that she's done this time around. I hope the judge throws the book at her and gives her the maximum sentence. Maybe, just maybe, it might finally knock some sense into her. If that doesn't do it then pretty much nothing else will at this point. 

Maybe the judge will sentence her to become Xander's butler.  

It worked on Seinfeld.

1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

You missed Alex whining that his 'whole life' was a lie. In actual fact the last ten months were, and now he is reset to where he was. He talked about how it hurt to think Victor lied to him

But, butbutbutbut Victor DIDN'T lie, Theresa did!

Gah, he's as stupid as his shirts.

Maybe the judge will sentence Theresa to be HIS butler.  Serve him right.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 6
37 minutes ago, boes said:

Maybe the judge will sentence her to become Xander's butler.  

It worked on Seinfeld.

But, butbutbutbut Victor DIDN'T lie, Theresa did!

Gah, he's as stupid as his shirts.

Maybe the judge will sentence Theresa to be HIS butler.  Serve him right.

That actually might work. Maybe Theresa will learn something from being the hired help at the Kiriakis mansion. Even better if she has to pay back every penny she stole from Xander. 

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

I’m glad EJ is being an ass to Eric and Nicole.

Me too.  I love DF's EJ.  No matter what the character is up to, he makes it interesting and fun to watch.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4

Wow, colored me shocked. Theresa actually admitted some responsibility for her actions, (even if she did leave out the part where Xander basically threatened her), and even asked Maggie to drive her to the police station to turn herself in before she lost her nerve. And I'm also glad that there were people like Alex and Maggie that were allowed to remain mad and pissed at her. However, I don't like that Alex basically gets instant forgiveness from everyone and it's like all of the months acting like a total douchebag gets immediately forgotten. 

If Ron doesn't completely screw things up next Monday by letting Theresa get completely off the hook at the last minute, then maybe there's still a chance that her character can still be salvaged and rehabilitated somehow. Even if Theresa never gets back with Brady ever again, maybe if she actually proves this time that she's really changed, maybe someday she might be able to find somebody that will be able to love her no matter what. 

• Like 3
On 7/23/2024 at 8:48 AM, Rodney said:

I would gladly be your family, @peachmangosteen, because I certainly wouldn't turn on my own family for those things.  Be a bit shocked, sure, but certainly not turn on them completely.

I think that people here just hate either Alex, Robert, or both, and are thus willing to condemn him for everything under the sun.  And frankly, it just bums me out.

On 7/23/2024 at 5:28 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

I don't expect Alex to be disowned but to be dragged by Sonny for how he treated their dad isn't too much to ask. Then they can get past it after that. Alex may be obnoxious but he doesn't bother me like he does others. Probably because his character gets humbled on a regular basis and isn't an actual criminal like so many on this show. 

I am mostly neutral to Alex. He only bothers me in the sense that the writing has been so out of touch, one would have felt little attachment to the characters and show at this point. The writers portray Alex as a young skirt chaser who lives a carefree life. Now he’s throwing tantrums because he’s deeply hurt by the “shocking” news Victor isn’t his real father and people are supposed to feel sorry for him? It is lucky that Alex never has to live under the same roof with the man he idolizes and face ethical dilemmas and challenges Justin had gone through. I so wish Justin had point that out to him.

All they need is a little depth in characterization and tone down the entitlement and self-centeredness, not too much to ask, is it?

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
(edited)
40 minutes ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

If Ron doesn't completely screw things up next Monday by letting Theresa get completely off the hook at the last minute, then maybe there's still a chance that her character can still be salvaged and rehabilitated somehow.

This plotline makes no sense. Theresa should get away scott-free and it should be largely forgotten/swept under the rug upon her eventual return.

When she is played once again by Jen Lilley.

So sayeth I.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 2
  • LOL 6
23 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

This plotline makes no sense. Theresa should get away scott-free and it should be largely forgotten/swept under the rug upon her eventual return.

When she is played once again by Jen Lilley.

So sayeth I.

I don't think it's that simple. This isn't a run of the mill scam that she's pulled. She's hurt a lot of people, including Maggie, Alex, Xander and Brady. Not to mention that her partner in crime killed somebody. That's even more serious than just simple fraud or kidnapping a baby. Even if Theresa intends to distance herself from that part of Konstantin's scheme, I just can't see how anyone is ever going to overlook that, at least for a very long time. 

The best thing to do now is to rest Theresa for a couple of years by having her go to prison for a little while and then she can come back as either Jen Lilley or a brand new face that IS NOT Emily O'Brien in the future. Then with time and a lot of effort and work on Theresa's parts to make amends as much as possible to prove that she has actually turned over a brand new leaf, maybe she can gain back some people's respect. Of course there will always be people that will believe and think the absolute worst of Theresa, but if Xander can find supporters in Sarah and Maggie especially after everything that he's done, then I don't see why the same can't happen for Theresa eventually. 

Whatever happens in the future, I truly hope that the new writers do right by Theresa this time and maybe this time around she might finally get a chance to truly succeed and flourish as a character. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

maybe there's still a chance that her character can still be salvaged and rehabilitated somehow. Even if Theresa never gets back with Brady ever again, maybe if she actually proves this time that she's really changed, maybe someday she might be able to find somebody that will be able to love her no matter what. 

While I don't think the writers should have totally trashed her character this time around I do like that they are leaving the door open for rehabilitation.  Compared to what a lot of other people have done in Salem she ranks pretty far down on the list of "Horrible People Who Have No Redeeming Characteristics."

• Like 3
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Right! 

I've said it like 10000 times but what Theresa did is basically chicken shit in the long line of Salemite crimes.

I think Maggie, who practically told her own daughter to get over Xander kidnapping 2 women, was a little on her high horse but it wasn't too bad. I'm sure she'll forgive her, which she should, so it's fine.

Theresa will probably be like Lucas before her and spend actual time in jail unlike all the other criminals who get off. Which is actually a better thing for a character but alas I'd rather she just didn't pay like everyone else lol.

The less said about Alex the better. He was just insane in the scenes with Theresa. I skipped the Alex/Justin scenes but it seems like he apologized so there's that. Let me mostly go back to not giving a shit about him.

• Like 11

Theresa is saying she loves Alex then he leaves the room and she loves Brady. I can't buy anything from this version, it's all fake, nothing is sincere or believable, it's all lies.  Where with JL there was both bad and good you could see. 

Good on Alex for owning all his mistakes with Justin and how it was his screwing it up. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, DaphneCat said:

While I don't think the writers should have totally trashed her character this time around I do like that they are leaving the door open for rehabilitation.  Compared to what a lot of other people have done in Salem she ranks pretty far down on the list of "Horrible People Who Have No Redeeming Characteristics."

Are they actually going to redeem her though? Seems unlikely to me. I mean, it's not the first time we've been down this road before with Theresa where it appeared that she had actually turned over a new leaf and was doing well off-screen but the minute that she came back to town, she basically reverted back to her old ways. How do we know for sure that she isn't going to go back to her old ways again if and when she does return back to town? She may seem guilty and remorseful now, but that might not even matter the minute that she starts up a new scheme again. How many times are the writers going to do this bait and switch crap with her? 

If the new writers do bring back Theresa at some point, they need to decide if she's going to be a gray character or if she's going to be full on villain. Whatever route they decide, they need to stick to it. And if Theresa is ever involved in a romantic pairing ever again, I highly doubt she's going to get back with Brady. 

• Like 1

I thought Emily O'Brien did a good job in her scenes today(Friday)...her fear, despair, self-pity, all were in her face. Also Eric Martsolf, he looked hurt & disappointed & I am interested to see what happens between him & Fiona.  I loved the scenes with Maggie & Xander, so heart-filled , she really is like a Mama to him.   I appreciated Alex apologized to Justin, Wally Kurth is always so Real in his scenes.   Meanwhile, I spent the afternoon watching the Olympics Opening Ceremony...I was confused by a lot of it :)  Sort of like watching DAYS :)

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

Meanwhile, I spent the afternoon watching the Olympics Opening Ceremony...I was confused by a lot of it :)  Sort of like watching DAYS

Hahaha! Same! It was a bit crazy and all over the place....like DOOL ;)

I'm catching up and....wow. Holly? You kinda suck. Seriously. I'm so over her messing with Tate, messing with her friends, lashing out at her Mom, repeatedly...and on top of that, she doesn't know Eric killed Daniel? Seriously, everyone has been keeping that from her? That reflects badly on them, but also suggests that she can't handle basic family information. Is she really that fragile? She never knew Daniel, and while it sucks to lose a parent, even one you didn't get to know, she knows and loves Eric, who paid for his crimes and made amends. She should be capable of knowing and understanding this information by this age. Its wild that EJ would have any power over them all regarding this subject.

I did like the twist that EJ never filed Eric's divorce papers though. That was some petty fun!

Theresa not running away was interesting, and I really expected everyone to take turns slapping her in the face or something, which we were spared...but this is still such an awful storyline. I know I keep saying it but....ugh.

• Like 3
  • Love 3

Regarding Alex, I think he was still freaking out considering it was about a day later.  And he did mention the unkind way he treated Justin.

• Like 6
10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Hahaha! Same! It was a bit crazy and all over the place....like DOOL ;)

I'm catching up and....wow. Holly? You kinda suck. Seriously. I'm so over her messing with Tate, messing with her friends, lashing out at her Mom, repeatedly...and on top of that, she doesn't know Eric killed Daniel? Seriously, everyone has been keeping that from her? That reflects badly on them, but also suggests that she can't handle basic family information. Is she really that fragile? She never knew Daniel, and while it sucks to lose a parent, even one you didn't get to know, she knows and loves Eric, who paid for his crimes and made amends. She should be capable of knowing and understanding this information by this age. Its wild that EJ would have any power over them all regarding this subject.

I did like the twist that EJ never filed Eric's divorce papers though. That was some petty fun!

Theresa not running away was interesting, and I really expected everyone to take turns slapping her in the face or something, which we were spared...but this is still such an awful storyline. I know I keep saying it but....ugh.

Well, they did kind of give her a verbal smackdown, so...

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Badger said:

Regarding Alex, I think he was still freaking out considering it was about a day later.  And he did mention the unkind way he treated Justin.

I don't know why people are surprised that Alex would apologize. I mean he's obnoxious but also one of the most self-aware characters on this show which is why I don't entirely hate him. There are so many other characters on this show I wish had the same level of self-awareness but clearly don't.

• Like 7
(edited)
8 hours ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

Well, they did kind of give her a verbal smackdown, so...

I just finished Friday's episode and yup, she's been chastised for sure, but I was expecting heavy-handed rage from all involved. Pleasantly surprised there was some nuance in there.

And if this is how Emily bows out, she went out with a bang. Her emotion felt real and she showed her range far more than during the last 9 (?) months. The tears were streaming by the end. I felt Theresa's fear and bravery. Bravo.

I don't want her in prison though. Forging Fiona's letter is pretty much all she's guilty of and the letter was not an official document, so where's the crime? It was immoral, certainly, but not a real case of fraud.

The kidnapping was faked too, so Victoria was basically carried across the lawn for 2 minutes. Maybe you could make a case for her lying to police about the kidnapper's identity, but I don't remember who did more of the talking/lying there: her or Con.

I hate seeing Theresa be a doormat for Deadbeat Brady, but it was nice to see them both admit they loved each other in a sincere way. In the past, he would just go caveman on her and call her names. Seeing him admit he was in denial and address that his rejections of her were stupid and hypocritical was needed. Thank you writers (sorta).

She obviously screwed with a lot of people, but I still think she deserves better in a partner. And so does he. But lookee there, he's immediately moved on to another cougar! And one even Xander doesn't trust, at that! Wow, dude. (How will Kristen take this?)

He could have been a good father for once and tried to call Tate in NY and explain the horrible revelations to him, since his Mom is now possibly being arrested. Instead, he goes and drinks! 🙄 Theresa, run from this moron.

Holy moving in with Maggie at the expense of her mother's heart was total crap. Given how Team Ericole she has been all this time, it's wild that she wouldn't be the one most excited by these developments. You guys are right - Summer in Paris?! During the Olympics?! That's sweet, especially with your favorite parents finally together. Plus, who knows what EJ will do to her to hurt her parents if she sticks around Salem.

Ari was obviously fired/quit rather quickly, but this really needed more time. We have one episode left and she still has to quit the newspaper, pack, say goodbye and - most importantly  - show some freaking heat with Eric!!

If freaking AVA gets a whole sex episode devoted to her less-than-one-year romance, I expect something equally as hot for Ericole.

...I am going to be disappointed, aren't I?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I just finished Friday's episode and yup, she's been chastised for sure, but I was expecting heavy-handed rage from all involved. Pleasantly surprised there was some nuance in there.

And if this is how Emily bows out, she went out with a bang. Her emotion felt real and she showed her range far more than during the last 9 (?) months. The tears were streaming by the end. I felt Theresa's fear and bravery. Bravo.

I don't want her in prison though. Forging Fiona's letter is pretty much all she's guilty of and the letter was not an official document, so where's the crime? It was immoral, certainly, but not a real case of fraud.

The kidnapping was faked too, so Victoria was basically carried across the lawn for 2 minutes. Maybe you could make a case for her lying to police about the kidnapper's identity, but I don't remember who did more of the talking/lying there: her or Con.

I hate seeing Theresa be a doormat for Deadbeat Brady, but it was nice to see them both admit they loved each other in a sincere way. In the past, he would just go caveman on her and call her names. Seeing him admit he was in denial and address that his rejections of her were stupid and hypocritical was needed. Thank you writers (sorta).

She obviously screwed with a lot of people, but I still think she deserves better in a partner. And so does he. But lookee there, he's immediately moved on to another cougar! And one even Xander doesn't trust, at that! Wow, dude. (How will Kristen take this?)

He could have been a good father for once and tried to call Tate in NY and explain the horrible revelations to him, since his Mom is now possibly being arrested. Instead, he goes and drinks! 🙄 Theresa, run from this moron.

Holy moving in with Maggie at the expense of her mother's heart was total crap. Given how Team Ericole she has been all this time, it's wild that she wouldn't be the one most excited by these developments. You guys are right - Summer in Paris?! During the Olympics?! That's sweet, especially with your favorite parents finally together. Plus, who knows what EJ will do to her to hurt her parents if she sticks around Salem.

Ari was obviously fired/quit rather quickly, but this really needed more time. We have one episode left and she still has to quit the newspaper, pack, say goodbye and - most importantly  - show some freaking heat with Eric!!

If freaking AVA gets a whole sex episode devoted to her less-than-one-year romance, I expect something equally as hot for Ericole.

...I am going to be disappointed, aren't I?

I really expected Brady to be a lot more upset than he ended up being, so his reaction kind of surprised me. I'm not entirely convinced that he had any real feelings for Theresa especially since he literally couldn't stand the sight of her for the better part of a year but I could have seen him gradually softening towards her especially with the situation over Tate and her subsequent relapse. 

So since the writers appear to be closing the door on Thrady for good, I really hope that if Theresa ever does return in the future, (and that's a very big IF at this point), that she finally moves on with her life and forgets all about Brady once and for all, and Brady needs to do the same. I don't care who they put Brady with, whether it's Kristen, Chloe or whoever, just end it. 

These two are going to do nothing but keep on hurting and destroying each other. I don't even know who they're going to pair Theresa up at this point that she doesn't have a very ugly and nasty history with and who isn't associated with the Black/Evans/Kiriakis family. There's a good possibility that Theresa will never be in a pairing again and she's going to spend the rest of her life alone. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I only caught the last minute, basically the Ericole kiss outside the pub.

How was the rest of it?

I am not particularly a fan of Eric/Nicole, but even I was tearing up at the end, it was well done.  We had some nice flashback scenes of Eric & Nicole in their earlier days(altho I would like to have seen the Really Young versions of Eric&Nicole), a nice thoughtful scene between Holly & Tate today(they are growing on me as a young couple), I could have done without the Abe/Marlena/Kayla scenes: how silly Abe thought these 2 career women would leave their jobs to be on a Soap Opera! :)

• Like 6
  • Love 1

Maybe I'm feeling really cynical today.  While I thought the Eric/Nicole leaving montage was good  and they really did give them a proper send off the whole thing just feels really unearned to me.  I think it's because this show is, once again, going back to its unending theme that the only family that truly matters is one based on biology and DNA.  Eric and Nicole have been trying to be together for 20 plus YEARS and somehow have never made it work.  Now, because (and say it with me folks) Eric is finally the father he has always wanted to be (because Holly definitely never counted as his actual child)  somehow he and Nicole can magically get over any of the hurdles that have plagued them in the past.  Yes, the mere fact that they have produced a child together means they are now FATED to happily ride off into the sunset together.  They never even TALKED about what drove them apart in the past.  The ONLY thing they care about is the fact that they've produced a child together - and it was accidental at that.  

Glad that it seems like Theresa isn't actually going to go to prison.  Her list of "crimes" is so small compared to others in Salem.  Kind of like Lucas going to prison while others walk on far greater things.

• Like 4
  • Applause 5

Ludicrous Abe asking two full time doctors, who are not actors, to be on a soap. Glad they both shot him down.

Theresa will get off with no charges after all that. But she's "sorry" so I guess that's that. Her scenes with Brady and Alex felt pretty final on Friday though so hopefully she leaves town with her enabling brother 

Holly and Tate are still boring. Eric and Nicole even more so. Thank goodness that's over.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, DaphneCat said:

Maybe I'm feeling really cynical today.  While I thought the Eric/Nicole leaving montage was good  and they really did give them a proper send off the whole thing just feels really unearned to me.  I think it's because this show is, once again, going back to its unending theme that the only family that truly matters is one based on biology and DNA.  Eric and Nicole have been trying to be together for 20 plus YEARS and somehow have never made it work.  Now, because (and say it with me folks) Eric is finally the father he has always wanted to be (because Holly definitely never counted as his actual child)  somehow he and Nicole can magically get over any of the hurdles that have plagued them in the past.  Yes, the mere fact that they have produced a child together means they are now FATED to happily ride off into the sunset together.  They never even TALKED about what drove them apart in the past.  The ONLY thing they care about is the fact that they've produced a child together - and it was accidental at that.  

Glad that it seems like Theresa isn't actually going to go to prison.  Her list of "crimes" is so small compared to others in Salem.  Kind of like Lucas going to prison while others walk on far greater things.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Andrew told her that he is going to try to get her a plea deal but there is no guarantee that he's going to be able to do anything, so there is still the slight possibility that Theresa might go to prison, albeit in California. She's probably going to serve about five years tops, just long enough for this god-awful story to be a far distant memory and for everyone to be able to get the second rate Dollar Store version of Theresa out of their minds. 

And yeah I feel like this whole Eric/Nicole thing feels insanely rushed and honestly I'm at a point where I just don't give a damn anymore. They've wasted so much time on these two and who even knows if they're even going to make it work this time. I won't be surprised if these two are on the outs a year or two from now. I just don't buy it. 

• Like 1

I was always a Nicole/Eric fan but really prefer her with the new EJ. The flashbacks were well done though.

• Like 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

Well considering the BTS drama this is probably as good an ending as Ericole fans could expect (although I expect this to be undone with an Eric return or Nicole recast a few months from now).

I do wish Brady/Nicole had a final scene together though because regardless of their relationship status over the years I always liked their friendship. I am glad Abe/Nicole got a final scene together. 

I do think the only reason Ericole got this ending was ironically because of the BTS drama. Otherwise, they would've still stayed apart if both actors were on the show. They can't write for Ericole as a couple being mature adults beyond their endless angst that hasn't made their relationship evolve. Even Rafe/Jada are more mature than they are.

That being said I would prefer that Eric/Nicole don't return(regardless of actors) unless the show ends. I think both characters need a break and they can't seem to write for them beyond their immature angst.

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Like 5
  • Applause 4

This soap story is stupid asking chief of staff to act? Like 2 doctors have nothing else to do. Then he says they can film at hospital? No you can't without waivers and it's a place people need privacy. 

Nicole and Eric jumping into bed together mins after their spouses gone don't make them look any good.  Eric the priest is team adultery now? 

Quite surprised they gave Nicole such a montage send off for suing the show. Perhaps this was completed before that. 

• Like 5
(edited)

Is he gone?

giphy.gif

Now you're finally a father instead of a Father so get on outta here and don't come back.  And take that salami wrapped in a baby blanket you wheel around town in a baby carriage with you.  Poor Paris.

Too harsh?

Edited by boes
  • LOL 10