Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion II: Discussing Today's Episode and Current Storylines

• Start Topic

15 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

All those Ericole scenes and Nicole still has more chemistry with EJ.

She does, which makes the insistence on her ending up with Eric make even less sense to me.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Rodney said:

YES.😡

Quelle dommage.

Maybe a slice of salami, fresh from the baby carriage with a warm Parisian baguette would soften the blow?

• LOL 12
9 hours ago, boes said:

Is he gone?

giphy.gif

Now you're finally a father instead of a Father so get on outta here and don't come back.  And take that salami wrapped in a baby blanket you wheel around town in a baby carriage with you.  Poor Paris.

Too harsh?

See the BTS thread

• Like 2

I'd hope we'd get one more Faddah outta you before Eric was gone, boes.

I'd love to comment on this big final episode but I can't because I missed it and I can't believe that I, of all people missed it, and there doesn't seem to be an easy to watch version in good quality online anywhere and I'm so sad I'm crying Handsome Eric Tears here because how could you, Nicole? as far as exiting and not letting me see it and waaaaaaaaaaah, why did you forsake me, oh lord, and why am I such an Eeyore and unable to get past anything or deal with all this pent-up guilt and maybe I need to run off and save people in Africa or something because that's the only thing that ever makes sense to me and...

....woah.

His spirit possessed me.

(But for real, help me out here, cuz I need ta see it!)

• LOL 4
15 hours ago, boes said:

Is he gone?

giphy.gif

Now you're finally a father instead of a Father so get on outta here and don't come back.  And take that salami wrapped in a baby blanket you wheel around town in a baby carriage with you.  Poor Paris.

Too harsh?

Yes, too harsh. A salami! Lol

• LOL 4
18 hours ago, boes said:

Is he gone?

giphy.gif

Too harsh?

Never! 😂

• LOL 2

Judging by the lack of posts, interest in the Bobeverett storyline, Ava worrying about Gabi and Stefan, Gabi and Stefan as a couple, Chad blowing smoke up Leo's over-exposed rhetorical behind and Jack and Chad's quest to find the mythical Abigail aren't catching anyone's interest.

I'm with you on it all.

• Like 8
  • Love 2

Yeah, between whatever embarrassing plans Ron has for Heart & Soul and the possible Abifail return or whatever this is, not to mention the continued onslaught of Ava/BenAlex/Leo/Paulina/Stefan nonsense...it might be time for a break.

Has Gwenresa officially exited yet?

And again, having missed Monday's episode, if anyone can point me to a place where its viewable, please do. I don't have Peacock.

• Like 3

Well, that was an unexpected kill-off.  I'd never heard a word about Blake Berris leaving.  Second time he's had a character killed off.  First Nick, and now Everett.

This really is all on Bobby, though.  He chose to play the games with Jada to keep her close rather than just tell her the truth about Connie.  Why?  Just so he could get Rafe out of the way and take another shot at Jada.  He brought this on himself.  It just feels wrong that Everett had to pay the price for the games that his alter chose to play.

• Like 3
  • Love 3
(edited)

He's dead now? Hahahaha 😂  Connie killed again!

Can she aim her knife in the direction of Body & Soul next?

...wait, so Connie stabbed Rafe for nothing?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • LOL 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, boes said:

Judging by the lack of posts, interest in the Bobeverett storyline, Ava worrying about Gabi and Stefan, Gabi and Stefan as a couple, Chad blowing smoke up Leo's over-exposed rhetorical behind and Jack and Chad's quest to find the mythical Abigail aren't catching anyone's interest.

I'm with you on it all.

And Body and soul. Don't forget that horror.

So Xander and Sarah finally may get married, and they get exactly one day for this with zero lead up. The reveal that he was Victor's son was all about Theresa, and although Paul Telfer (Xander) tried valiantly, we barely got ten seconds to see Xander digest the news on screen, and then the fallout discussion with Sarah was off screen, because apparently we needed more Connie. 

This is why Ron needed to go. The favoritism for his favorite actors, forcing these travesty plotlines on us for months on end, and absolutely caring not one bit what the fans want to see. He is like the anti Douglas Marland (As the World Turns head writer) who wrote a bible on how to write a soap that Ron has apparently never looked at.

I have literally nothing to watch on my show except whatever they do with Xander and Sarah after the wedding, and possibly Chad, Jack and whoever they are looking for.

Johnny and Chanel are cute but dull, Brady and Fiona might be fun but it is obviously not going anywhere good, and I see they are going full tilt into Alex and Stephanie again without a moment to breathe his character, Bobby is gone at Connie's hands too, so that was the only other character I had some interest in, apart from EJ and who knows what he will be up to now. Kristen and her coven at DiMera are a no go for me, the teen scene is terrible, and obviously I refuse to watch Body and Soul.

Edited by brisbydog
  • Like 4
  • Hugs 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1

I must be doing really well avoiding spoilers, because I was shocked Bobby/Everett actually died. I think it’s a bummer. His story wasn’t even resolved. 

• Like 7
  • Love 3

I really don't understand killing Everett. They brought Blake back for this? Didn't link to Horton, will not know what caused his did?

Instead he's dead for Connie? 

• Like 6
(edited)

Ron's shows are through next April?   I'm out until Doug's send off

And even that will probably feature Leo making "hilarious" sexual comments during the eulogy, Paulina sputtering - with dry eyes - over how much Doug will miss her and wondering whether everyone blames her for his passing, and for good measure, BenAlex pulling a Naked Cowboy and singing in his underwear as Bonnie and Hattie fake slap each other in the background and Kristen cackles to herself while humping Brady's leg.

😒

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 9
4 hours ago, DanaMB said:

I must be doing really well avoiding spoilers, because I was shocked Bobby/Everett actually died. I think it’s a bummer. His story wasn’t even resolved. 

That's because there were no spoilers.  It literally happened just today with no warning.

• Like 2

Well, that was Unexpected!  I was intrigued by Bobby/Everett's S/L and was hoping for an explanation for his split/personality and was he drawn more to Jada or Stephanie.  The S/L just ended abruptly.  Gabi & Stefan are boring and so far, have no chemistry.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
(edited)

In fairness, BobbyE was on for....9 months? Something crazy like that? So while I'd usually agree that they should try to justify that by making something good out of the ending and song something with all of that set-up, I think there was a need to wrap this up and get on with things.

At least Theresa, Xander and Con got a decent SL wrap-up.

Was that sassy DiMera secretary a Ron creation or a scab creation? I wonder if she'll pop up again.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 4
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Was that sassy DiMera secretary a Ron creation or a scab creation? I wonder if she'll pop up again.

I certainly hope so. She was the most entertaining character to me. I have been waiting to see if she returns or if she was a one off.

The character I wouldn’t mind being recast is the new Gabi. The actress doesn’t fit the role. She might fit as Rafe’s sister but there’s no connection with BB. YMMV.

And while I’m being cranky, I like Connie and I like salt but too much spoils the dish.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

So was Paul NOT supposed to notice that Brady had his sweater on backwards?  That's all I could see.  

While they're wrapping things up, this whole John/Pawn thing needs to go away soon too.  I'm completely beyond any point of caring.

Also, I keep hoping it isn't Abigail in the room.  I REALLY want her to stay dead.  I don't think I could take several months/years of people telling her how WONDERFUL she is while they don't actually do anything with her character.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
15 hours ago, Rodney said:

That's because there were no spoilers.  It literally happened just today with no warning.

There are usually always spoilers so I figured I missed them. I skim most anyway. 
 Glad I was surprised. Not that I agree with the surprise. Should have kept him.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

The S/L just ended abruptly

I think that’s my main issue. It doesn’t feel like it had an organic ending. 

On another note, I admit to not paying attention a lot, but did Brady and Fiona actually have sex?

Edited by DanaMB
  • Like 3
20 hours ago, oceanblue said:

Ron's shows are through next April?   I'm out until Doug's send off

See you in December. 

This is probably a bit of a conspiracy theory about the chick who plays Connie but I don't buy the story that she's a fan of the show that was given a role. I think she's related to someone connected to the show in a major way and that's why she's getting all this focus. If it were that easy for a fan to get a role then any of us could have been on the show. It's not that simple though but it would be for someone with connections but they don't want worse press than they already do.

1 hour ago, DanaMB said:

I think that’s my main issue. It doesn’t feel like it had an organic ending. 

On another note, I admit to not paying attention a lot, but did Brady and Fiona actually have sex?

No

• Like 5
2 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Today was the only episode I liked this week. No Connie. No Heart and Soul. All established characters. I'm easy.

What happened? If you feel like recapping that is...

18 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

What happened? If you feel like recapping that is...

Jack and Chad found the secret room and burst in and saw.. something.

Xander went to see his mum who shoved Brady out of a window.

Steve returned and told Kayla John left only blood and tears at Caterina's grave 

Paul suspects Brady is off the wagon 

Theresa pled guilty off screen

Alex wasn't on! Day 5!!

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

It occurred to me while watching Wednesday's (?) episode (the poem scene) that Stefan and Gabi are the DAYS equivalent of Gomez and Morticia Addams. And that binge watching a week's worth of episodes at one time is not a good idea.

• LOL 14
On 8/2/2024 at 8:46 PM, brisbydog said:

Xander went to see his mum who shoved Brady out of a window.

Whaaaa...?!

Steve returned and told Kayla John left only blood and tears at Caterina's grave 

Blood? Huh?

Theresa pled guilty off screen

Awww shit :(  Prison?

• Like 2
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Whaaaa...?!

Blood? Huh?

Awww shit :(  Prison?

Brady and Xander's mum Fiona are toxic drinking buddies, no sex yet but it is Ron writing so that's inevitable. Xander came over to talk to his mother and Brady was there hungover in a robe. Fiona is faking being sober so she told him to grab his shit and jump out the window. We later saw him stumbling with a twisted ankle, leaves in his hair, and his shirt on backwards. Paul found him like this and Brady assured him he was fine lol

John left a whimpering I'm sorry for killing you note on the grave that was coated in his blood. Steve had the ISA confirm. John has been missing and off screen now for about 6 weeks. There is a spoiler photo for Monday though that might give info on this plot.

Theresa deserves prison. She pled guilty to kidnapping the baby and forging the will to commit fraud. I have a feeling she is pregnant by one of her idiot ex husbands though and will show up again up the duff or handing the tyke over to whichever she deems to be the Daddy. Probably in March or April since she boinked the pair of them on June 4

• Like 3
  • Useful 2

So I just watched all of this past week. 

I really don't like this Body and Soul line story (especially Hattie being back).

Jude got a passport faster than anyone in history.

The airport in Popular Bluff looks amazingly like the one that Gwenresa frequents. lol.

I really wanted them to finish out Everette's story, oh well.  

LoL'd at Trask figuring out Connie lives in Lee's old apartment, and her conversation w/Ava.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, oftentimes said:

The airport in Popular Bluff looks amazingly like the one that Gwenresa frequents. lol.

It also looks a lot like the police station in Salem, though the Salem police station doesn't have early boarding, at least not yet.

• LOL 10
(edited)
3 hours ago, brisbydog said:

Brady and Xander's mum Fiona are toxic drinking buddies, no sex yet but it is Ron writing so that's inevitable. Xander came over to talk to his mother and Brady was there hungover in a robe. Fiona is faking being sober so she told him to grab his shit and jump out the window. We later saw him stumbling with a twisted ankle, leaves in his hair, and his shirt on backwards. Paul found him like this and Brady assured him he was fine lol

John left a whimpering I'm sorry for killing you note on the grave that was coated in his blood. Steve had the ISA confirm. John has been missing and off screen now for about 6 weeks. There is a spoiler photo for Monday though that might give info on this plot.

Theresa deserves prison. She pled guilty to kidnapping the baby and forging the will to commit fraud. I have a feeling she is pregnant by one of her idiot ex husbands though and will show up again up the duff or handing the tyke over to whichever she deems to be the Daddy. Probably in March or April since she boinked the pair of them on June 4

If Theresa actually pled guilty, then she's definitely going to serve some kind of prison time. She was probably looking at a 20-year prison sentence and she was convinced to plead guilty so that sentence would be greatly reduced. But I really don't think she's pregnant by either one of her ex-husbands. Maybe this plotline would've happened under Ron but I highly doubt the new writers are going to go for it. I honestly don't think they're that interested in Theresa as a character anyway and they're more likely to bring back other legacy characters like Carrie, Austin, Philip or Chloe before her. Besides, even if Theresa was pregnant, assuming that she doesn't somehow miscarry in prison, she's more than likely going to give up the kid for adoption and we won't see that child until it shows up as a teenager maybe 5-10 years down the line, (if Days is still on air by then). 

Edited by MissPhoenixGirl
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, MissPhoenixGirl said:

If Theresa actually pled guilty, then she's definitely going to serve some kind of prison time. She was probably looking at a 20-year prison sentence and she was convinced to plead guilty so that sentence would be greatly reduced. But I really don't think she's pregnant by either one of her ex-husbands. Maybe this plotline would've happened under Ron but I highly doubt the new writers are going to go for it. I honestly don't think they're that interested in Theresa as a character anyway and they're more likely to bring back other legacy characters like Carrie, Austin, Philip or Chloe before her. Besides, even if Theresa was pregnant, assuming that she doesn't somehow miscarry in prison, she's more than likely going to give up the kid for adoption and we won't see that child until it shows up as a teenager maybe 5-10 years down the line, (if Days is still on air by then). 

I could see her giving Alex the baby to raise once it's born. Might be an interesting niggle in his inevitable reunion with Stephanie. I mean I hope she's gone forever and isn't pregnant but Ron is still responsible for the March scripts which would be 9 months on.

• Like 3
4 hours ago, boes said:

It also looks a lot like the police station in Salem, though the Salem police station doesn't have early boarding, at least not yet.

I know there are much bigger gripes to be had with this show, but one of my biggest irritations is lazy set design. I know it's mostly the budget, but I wish they'd put SOME effort into these things. Airports and police stations look alike. Every 'nice' hotel room looks the Salem Inn. Every janky hotel room is that god-awful wood-paneled set. The Spectator office looks more like someone's bedroom than a professionally run newspaper building.

I also take issue with these stock image establishing shots they've been using for a while now. Salem has crowded city streets with massive high-rises yet everyone congregates in this homey little town square? The hospital looks like it's out in some suburb and appears 3-4 stories at most but shots out the window show it to be in the smack in the middle of the city from what looks like a high floor? Um, ok. I could go on, but I figure this is more of a 'me' issue, lol. Just bugs me, as someone who designs buildings and spaces for a living, lol.

• Like 10
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Giuseppe said:

The hospital looks like it's out in some suburb and appears 3-4 stories at most but shots out the window show it to be in the smack in the middle of the city from what looks like a high floor?

It buts me, too.  Those stock images area so bad, especially the hospital.  It doesn't even look real to me, more like something a kid could build with a building block set.

I guess it's no worse than the actual care patients get at Salem Hospital but still....And that outside shot of what's supposed to be Marlena and Johns' condo building!

• Like 8
  • LOL 4
18 hours ago, brisbydog said:

I could see her giving Alex the baby to raise once it's born. Might be an interesting niggle in his inevitable reunion with Stephanie. I mean I hope she's gone forever and isn't pregnant but Ron is still responsible for the March scripts which would be 9 months on.

The only way I ever want Theresa to come back at this point is if Jen Lilley somehow reprises the role, (even if it's recurring), or they get someone new to play her. Otherwise I would rather not have her on the show, at least not as long as Ron continues to be headwriter of Days. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

What a finely crafted, subtle performance we had today from RSW as we watched Alex process going from being an insanely rich, immensely over-privileged man with all the emotional maturity of a middle school skateboarder who'd had a wipeout back to just a very rich over-privileged guy with the emotional maturity of a potted plant.  

The emotions were so stirring, like a pot of boiled noodles.  That was an Emmy reel if I've seen one.  I'm sure he gave Xander the watch because he still doesn't know how to tell time.

I liked the scenes of Xander with his mother.  Serena Scott Thomas is so good as is Paul Tefler.

I hope Drake is okay.  He looked a little ragged, like he'd lost weight he didn't have to lose while he was away.

It looks like Stephanie is going to bury her grief in a heaping helping of Alex's abs.

• LOL 14
1 hour ago, boes said:

I hope Drake is okay.  He looked a little ragged, like he'd lost weight he didn't have to lose while he was away.

I hope he’s ok, too. Definitely noticed the weight loss. 

• Like 6
(edited)

Boes, I need an Emmy nomination for YOU. I don't care what the category is called. You need an award. That post was one of your best and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

:)

Was Drake thinner? I didn't notice it, but I'll take your word for it. That's not a good thing for sure. Please be okay Drake!

I'm definitely enjoying the Serena/Paul moments. The forgiveness talk was waaay waaaaaay waaaaaaaaaaaay too soon, though. Like, seriously...he's been estranged from you for years and you honestly expect him to want to hug and forgive you in a matter of...what, two days?

It was nice to see Xander take his seat at Titan, but again...where are all the complicated emotions stemming from the reveal? He's had like three scenes to touch on them, but there was enough to unpack there for a good long while. Shouldn't Sarah have been messed up a bit over basically inviting someone to the wedding who revealed to Xander that his father was never really his father? I'm forgetting the details about Titus - what few we have - but surely Xander must be messed up a little knowing the father he believed was his...wasn't. On top of the Victor stuff and the mother-back-from-estrangement stuff.

I just feel like we're skipping over juicy bits here - bits that took like a decade of build-up -  to indulge in "oh no Everett died!" and "might this be Abifail?", none of which interests me.

Brady, Brady, Brady. You know, your obsession with older women is starting to get creepy.

But it is a very soapy way for him to get revenge on Xander, in a manner of speaking.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Like 5
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm definitely enjoying the Serena/Paul moments. The forgiveness talk was waaay waaaaaay waaaaaaaaaaaay too soon, though. Like, seriously...he's been estranged from you for years and you honestly expect him to want to hug and forgive you in a matter of...what, two days?

Yeah, definitely another unearned emotional moment.  The whole time I was watching this episode everything to do with Xander felt really flat to me.  Sort of like discovering you're actually the billionaire son of a man you had an extremely complicated relationship with and having your alcoholic mother show up and spin some yarn about being in a mental institution is roughly the equivalent of being arrested for driving a stolen vehicle and then proving that someone stole your license plates and it only looks like you're driving a stolen car - somewhat complicated and would cause a lot of emotion but not actually life changing.  And why, when someone comes up with some story meant to excuse their terrible treatment of you does everyone just automatically believe it without even a TRACE of skepticism?

We've been watching Alex emote for MONTHS and Xander gets a ho-hum 3 days?

• Like 2
  • Applause 3