Type keyword(s) to search

Season 17 Live Chat Thread

Scarlett45
  • Start Topic

Robyn:  I wanted desperately to be part of this family 

Also Robyn: I'm going to have my mom come and watch my kids, please stay away from them.  Also if you really need to come over please eat at home first.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

Kody assuming that it is about jealousy means that he doesn't understand what he has done.

Janelle is angry. When Kody finally says that he prefers Robyn and how she acts, she knows without a doubt that he has a favorite.

Janelle calls it out, Robyn stood off to the side.

• Love 10

Kody side steps Janelle's question about would you react this way if I felt attacked.

He blames Janelle and says she is acting as a single woman. She has to--Kody doesn't give her any emotional, financial and parenting support.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 7

Unfortunately, Kody dangles a carrot and everyone knows that he will not honor his promise.

In his talking head he mentioned he expects loyalty, which is clearly about Christine. He expected Janelle to be angry and cut her off just like Robyn and Meri did.

• Like 2
  • Love 7

I assume Kody's rant, "I didn't want to quit.  I didn't want a divorce on my records," refers to Christine, to whom he was never married, and not to Meri, whom he actually, happily divorced.  

Meri must feel so gratified each week, watching the dimensions of Kody's hate of her.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

Kody has been so anxious to spend time with Truly, the first thing he asks her is if she want to come with him to do his work.  Because he had work to do.  What a douche!

Surely there were some logs that needed stripping. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1

In the first couple seasons, the drama was all about how Meri wanted to be treated, now Kody is all about how Kody and  Robyn want to be treated. 

Kody - I’m looking for improvement here.   No actually dude you are looking for her to be submissive. That’s not Janelle 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2
Just now, Adeejay said:

If memory serves, Janelle being independent is what Kody liked best about her.  So, why is that a problem all of a sudden?  

I think that he's transferring the breadwinner-wife role from Janelle to Robyn.  "She came with open hands," or whatever he said gave them the show (ignoring Christine's polygamy activism that put them on the map).  He's forgetting She-Ra.  He needs to reread the book.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
Just now, mythoughtis said:

In the first couple seasons, it was all about how Meri wanted to be treated, now it’s all about how Kody and  Robyn want to be treated. 

I want to treat them both to a big glass of shut the f up.

• LOL 7
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, meligator said:

Robyn:  I wanted desperately to be part of this family.

Kody is blind as well as ignorant if he believes Robyn's campaign of how the family never accepted her even after she was nothing but nice to them.

• Like 4
  • Love 5
Just now, Adeejay said:

I don't understand why Kody needs Janelle to help him heal when he has Robyn.  

And he won't tell her that's what he needs.  If you don't know, supernaturally, what his royal highness needs, you are a bad wife. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Ms.Lulu said:

It sounds like Janelle is willing to give him one more chance, even though she isn't sure it is love.

Or she is planning her escape and wants to pull the money first.

Spoiler

Christine did an interview on Kate Kasey and I think Janelle is following her own advice to Christine.

• Like 2
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2

Janelle isn't letting Kody blame the poor relationship with Christine on Christine. She says we are all responsible.

What I don't understand is they are called sister wives. If my sister gets divorced I still love and support her.

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • Love 8
1 minute ago, Ms.Lulu said:

What I don't understand is they are called sister wives. If my sister gets divorced I still love and support her.

Because you are a normal person and not Kody. He sees it as loyalty to him vs. loyalty to Christine, and he thinks he should always get top priority. He's wrong, but that's what he wants and expects.

• Sad 1
  • Applause 1
2 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

So we all saw Robyn kick a dog and now dogs being around are a hot button for Kody.

Is it because he is afraid that cameras will catch Robyn kicking another dog?

Something tells me we'll never see a dog, Chez Robyn.  

1 minute ago, Adeejay said:

Something tells me we'll never see a dog, Chez Robyn.  

In one of the first episode he talks about how he grew up with dogs and how they understood him. There is a much later episode where Robyn reveals her dislike of animals. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Okay, here we go, Robyn is going to try to gain sympathies by saying she nearly died and was hospitalized for Covid.

Except that she didn't and she wasn't. This next segment is really going to bother me. So many people died from Covid and there was a shortage of beds. Why would Robyn go to the hospital?

I had a friend with 103 temperature and asthma who is Robyn's age and she was told not to go to the hospital until her temperature hit 104 or she couldn't breathe.

If Robyn can talk and film herself she is not sick enough to be admitted into the hospital.

It was clearly a play to get sympathy from viewers and Kody. argh.

• Applause 8
  • Love 9