Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E06: Week 6

• Start Topic

With the background out of focus, the scene with Gabby and Rachel chatting looks like they are filmed against a green screen (although I'm sure it's not).

Poor widdle Mario! No date card for him.

Let's see if Logan gets lucky.  Nope, Nate's the lucky boy!

• Love 1

Maybe is is because it is Jesse’s first season as host, but he feels more sincere and less rehearsed than Chris Harrison did.  

And did they say hometowns next week?   Wow, it seems so quick.  

• Sad 1
  • Love 9
2 minutes ago, dizzyd said:

That bruise on Gabby’s jaw is new. 

I thought it was just a shadow at first, but it's more. It looks like she has a lot of makeup on-- maybe covering up some skin issues. Wouldn't be surprising if she had allergies to whatever makeup they use for the show. 

That said, these two women are train wrecks. They are so self-focused and neurotic about relationships. If they aren't ready for one, why are they on this show?   I agree with others-- this season is weak. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I wonder if they will do vaulting over a ditch, miss, and fall in the mud. (Amazing Race watchers know what I'm talking about.)

No, just a boring hot tub.

When Zach said she could meet his parents now, I thought he meant they were right there in Amsterdam. Actually I think Rachel thought so, too, because she looked around when he said that. 

It's beautiful but a hot tub in the middle of a flower field seems kind of weird.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
30 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Gabby said she and Nate's relationship is palpable. Is that the word she meant? Yep!

In fairness to Gabby, she said that their connection was palpable, not their relationship. Still cheesy, but not incorrect. She’s definitely more in need of a good therapist than a fiancé, but I kind of respect that she understands her limitations.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Ugh, more crying!! And then Gabby dragged that whole goodbye out so long. Gather your dignity, woman, and some poise.  You've heard of mansplaining, well this was womansplaining to a nauseating degree.

She's 31, not 21, you'd think she'd handle some things better, like to decide going in whether she's open to a man who has children. Nate was clearly in pain listening to her go on and on, and repeat herself. If either of the women isn't open to a man with children, then the producers should not cast men with children. Will you ever be perfectly ready for a different challenge in life, Gabby?

As far as Erich, nothing stands out about him to me. Tino seems immature and, yes, a pouter. I don't know why Ethan is there, I don't see any chemistry. Aven seems angry tonight. I'd pick Zach first choice for R.   

Why in the world would you tell the other men why you broke things off with a guy? None of their business! And "I'm not ready to be a Mom?" Did she mean stepmom? Most if not all the guys are there because they want marriage and a family. This is supposed to be a fun show. This season is about as much fun as a funeral every week. 

Edited by Tuneful
  • Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Love 11

That’s 3 dinner dates in churches in consecutive episodes in 3 different countries. Eating in church was sacrilegious but maybe they do it differently in Europe. Those sleeves are enormous, are the 80s coming back?

Gabby looks like she’s having 2nd thoughts about Nate. 

Edited by dizzyd
  • Love 4

Gabby may have  gotten a bruise from Botox or filler. Her lips look even bigger tonight. 
Nate is probably relieved he’s open for BIP or even The Bachelor. I’m glad she realized she needed to work on some things before taking on a child at this point in her life. It’s an unselfish, mature decision.
Between the crying and the sweeping Disney music, I could totally mute this and just enjoy the scenery. 

• Love 3

GOOD GOD you'd think someone on this show would eventually use "me" and "I" properly.  Just the law of averages kick in. It's like they all know how to do it right and they say it wrong on purpose.

No more "Rachel and I's relationship" FFS!

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 5
  • Love 6

Gabby is 31.  If she wants to be a mom someday, the clock is ticking. She needs some extensive therapy to get in the right headspace.  And if she never wants kids, that’s a valid choice too, but she has to be upfront about that with anyone she seriously dates.  And therapy wouldn’t hurt in this case either, to help her move on from her mom’s crappy behaviour.  

• Love 6
(edited)

Another The Bachelor recruiting ad geared to Alyssa: Are you tired of the dead weight? Apply to be on The Bachelor!

ETA: Oops! This post was supposed to be in the Big Brother thread!

Edited by Lamb18
  • LOL 3
8 minutes ago, phlebas said:

GOOD GOD you'd think someone on this show would eventually use "me" and "I" properly.  Just the law of averages kick in. It's like they all know how to do it right and they say it wrong on purpose.

No more "Rachel and I's relationship" FFS!

Rachel did!! She said "Zach and I!" I heard her!

Great, another nasty sex date. The guys love doing this on TV for all their friends to laugh at.

• LOL 3

When I visited Amsterdam many, many years ago, the tour group I was with visited a “show”.  I still remember the woman on her knees in front of the guy “working hard” while he chatted with the audience…”you, sir, where are you from?   Chicago?  I love Chicago.  Anyone else here from Chicago?”

• Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 1

If Johnny can't count them, it's more than ten.

It sounded like the "teacher" said "Take off your shirt and take a shit on the ground." But I think she said "sit."

If this kind of date is what Gabby needed, these guys might have second thoughts.

• LOL 3
41 minutes ago, phlebas said:

I need at least 8 more minutes of Gabby breaking up with Nate while crying.

ETA: Oh shit, I got it!  I WAS KIDDING!

Was this Nate's bachelor audition? It felt that way - why else drag out the scenes involving Gabby's decision to let him go especially when the producers know the stories going around about him.

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Gabby is 31.  If she wants to be a mom someday, the clock is ticking. She needs some extensive therapy to get in the right headspace.  And if she never wants kids, that’s a valid choice too, but she has to be upfront about that with anyone she seriously dates.  And therapy wouldn’t hurt in this case either, to help her move on from her mom’s crappy behaviour.  

While its refreshing that she wants to be open with the guys, i dont think the breakup is any of the guys business .. Between her ridiculous lips and that whiny voice, i cant imagine a happy ending for her . She really needs to delve into this mom issue ….

Edited by nlkm9
Onission
  • Like 2
  • Applause 2
1 minute ago, Kiss my mutt said:

What in the holy hell is this? Too over the top, but when in Amsterdam, I guess. 
That instructor looks like she’s had a hard life, pun somewhat intended. 

BDSM and she is a Dominatrix.    I knew someone whose sister was a Dominatrix specializing in humiliation.   She dressed in leather and charged men over $250 and hour to crawl around and clean her kitchen and bathroom with a toothbrush.  At one point, she was in talks for a reality show but it didn’t work out.   

• Useful 2

I like that yellow dress Gabby is wearing.

Who tested positive for Covid? Logan!  Karma? (I hope he recovered OK.)

Too bad the cocktail party is cancelled.  That's crappy to catch Covid overseas. Was Logan at the group date? I can't remember if I saw him or not.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Lamb18 said:

I like that yellow dress Gabby is wearing.

Who tested positive for Covid? Logan!  Karma? (I hope he recovered OK.)

Too bad the cocktail party is cancelled.  That's crappy to catch Covid overseas. Was Logan at the group date? I can't remember if I saw him or not.

The ship actually looks empty except for them. He’s probably in solitary in a medical section.   

• Love 1

So is this like survivor where the booted contestants stay on vacation or do they go back right away? I was suprised so many of them said they had been to amaterdam before, and jesse said “ one of his favorite cities” i lead a very boring life obviously.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Melonie77 said:

Oh no - another cocktail party cancelation but this time it's because Logan tested positive for COVID.

Wait...did Jesse NOT tell the rest of the men that the situation with Logan is COVID?

That was very weird. “A situation”? Aren’t they all his close contacts?

• Like 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, dizzyd said:

Have there been any cocktail parties this season besides night 1?

I don't think so! At this point all I'm remembering from this season is weird sexual group dates and lots and lots of whining and crying.

What a waste of a gorgeous cruise ship and fabulous locations.🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Melonie77
  • Applause 2
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

So is this like survivor where the booted contestants stay on vacation or do they go back right away? I was suprised so many of them said they had been to amaterdam before, and jesse said “ one of his favorite cities” i lead a very boring life obviously.

It is a beautiful city.  We rented bikes and rode around.  It is very easy to get around.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 1