Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E06: Week 6

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, DEL901 said:

LOL. It isn’t quite that bad.   The dates are on consecutive nights.   And there are some who just use the privacy to talk without the cameras.  

Oh, it has gotten worse than it was in previous seasons. Until recently, the final 3 were put up in their own suites and had no contact with one another. You didn't know if you had the first FF or the third one.

Now, they room together and 2 of them wait while the "chosen one" leaves for her overnight date. Then returns with bedhead as the other 2 greet her. Then it's number 2's turn, then number 3. It's usually number 3 that cracks. 

It's horrible and gross. I wish they would go back to the old way. 

• Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6
23 hours ago, Jax7917 said:

There’s like less than a handful of one on one dates a season and it seems like such a waste to give it to a guy that you know you’re sending home before the date even  starts . Just knock on his hotel room door and say your goodbyes . Give the date to a guy you want to get to know more . 

Totally.  And what made it so ridiculous, is that Gabby barely knows the remaining guys because she was so focused on Nate, and that was an opportunity to really get to know one of them better.  She certainly was a basket case before that date.  Even when she started talking to Rachel, and Rachel was all excited but clearly Gabby wasn't.  And then when Jesse joined them, I think he was blindsided to find out where Gabby's head was at, like I think he asked how she felt and she said something like, "I want to throw up."  He probably thought he was checking in for some fun easy pre-date footage, and it was anything but.

22 hours ago, SallyAlbright said:

I don't feel like we are getting to know Gabby's group well enough. I can't even remember hearing Spencer talk. So much time was spent on Nate and Gabby's concerns/insecurities in past episodes that I feel like I haven't seen very much of Erich, and only slightly more of Johnny and Jason. 

They really messed up by dividing up the guys and thus reducing the pool for each B'ette.  Ordinarily we would have a nice amount of weeks to get to know the guys, and a nice amount of guys for the B'ette to choose from.  In this case, I think especially Gabby's pool sucks -- I can't see her with any of the remaining guys.  And even though hometowns is right around the corner, we hardly know the guys that do remain for each of them, which is also true for how little Gabby or Rachel know them as well!

On 8/15/2022 at 9:04 PM, Lamb18 said:

Great, another nasty sex date. The guys love doing this on TV for all their friends to laugh at.

I know I sound like a broken record, but I cannot imagine the outrage if this had been a Bachelor episode and the women had to become sex objects in a warped S&M 'fantasy' (more like nightmare).

On 8/15/2022 at 8:49 PM, Kiss my mutt said:

Gabby may have  gotten a bruise from Botox or filler. Her lips look even bigger tonight. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who noticed that her lips looked bigger in this episode.

On 8/15/2022 at 8:59 PM, DEL901 said:

Gabby is 31.  If she wants to be a mom someday, the clock is ticking. She needs some extensive therapy to get in the right headspace.  And if she never wants kids, that’s a valid choice too, but she has to be upfront about that with anyone she seriously dates.  And therapy wouldn’t hurt in this case either, to help her move on from her mom’s crappy behaviour.  

But she's apparently been in therapy, and for more than just a minute.  That's what confuses me about her apparent serious emotional instability. She's been in therapy, and already had the major realization that her mother was just not capable of loving her the way she needed.  That is a very powerful realization, but has clearly not yet been assimilated with her day-to-day emotions, because she is still breaking down about it repeatedly.  And now we find out that she has internalized that poor parenting association with her mother and is in crippling fear that she will also be a bad mother.  Girlfriend is definitely not ready to be dating at all, let alone looking for a husband.

• Applause 1
  • Love 6
13 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

Okay so call me a prude or whatever, and I have to admit that I got roped into this show by a friend so I've NEVER seen any of the Bachelor or Bachelorette shows til this season, but my skin literally crawls every time I see these girl make out with these guys. Rachel especially probably because she does it just a tad bit more frequently than Gabby but I find it completely cringy either way. 

I just can't wrap my head around all this "intimacy" on these one on one dates where of course a make out session happens, then with the few group or cocktail dates we've seen they are then bouncing from guy to guy AT THE SAME VENUE making out with this one then that one then the other one. I mean I understand the show (well actually not really cause it's a huge eyeroll for me) but even as ludicrous as the shows premise is I still find myself completely taken aback at the fact that it's just no big deal that the woman you are making out with just had multiple dudes tongues in her mouth just minutes before. I just can't get passed that very disgusting reality of this show. I find it absolutely gross and I don't mean hygiene wise. I mean in the sense that there's supposed to be some real romantic future for these people. Meanwhile your future wife was just tonguing down that guy and then the other guy before she got to you..... Huh? and ILL!

I don't get how anyone can truly build true feelings for a person that has been so intimate with multiple partners in such close proximity of each other and in such a short period of time in between intimate moments. The show really doesn't make sense to me and it's confirmed what I thought about the premise of this show from the first time I heard about it.  CREEPY and CRINGY!

One thing I did see is that some of these participants are genuinely trying this method out in order to find love but even then, I can't understand how this can be considered a healthy approach at finding a long term relationship. It is my understanding that the show has produced a few successful pairings but even so, I would consider it to be based on distasteful beginnings. Successful or not. Happy it turned into an official commitment but I still find it to be a disappointing "How we met" story to tell the grandkids.   That's just me though, so...

I agree. And on group dates and cocktail parties, "can I steal you for a minute" might as well be "lets make out."

Fantasy suites seem like test drives. Whoever performs the best in bed wins!

• Wink 1
  • Love 1