Type keyword(s) to search

S19.E06: Week 6

• Start Topic

27 minutes ago, GracieK said:

Conspiracy theories out there already regarding Logan and that it wasn’t Covid that caused his exit. It certainly is suspect that he tested positive and then they cancel the cocktail party but all gather non-masked the next night? Like those exposed wouldn’t even necessarily test positive yet. And you would think that the entire cast getting Covid would be a pretty big issue to deal with.  So strange.

Yes, if he does have COVID the entire cast and crew not just Gabby's group would be at risk. I wonder if they are testing them regularly or if he had symptoms - if he is indeed sick.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Jax7917 said:

Johnny looks like he’d be part of the culkin family . Does anyone else see it ? 

Tino is creepy . 

Yes I totally see it! It’s the limp hair and that haircut. It’s so 90’s/early 2000s Culkin. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Jax7917 said:

How is hometowns next week ? It feels like we just started the season and we’ve hardly seen the girls with any of these guys . Other seasons were rushed but not like this one . 

Maybe the producers are ready to move on to BiP as well—I don’t remember seeing such weepy, insecure, ‘ettes...and it’s been ALL season...and there’s TWO of them!  Double downers.  Thank you, NEXT!

• LOL 3
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Sometimes their choice changes a few times before they finally settle.  I think Nate was a front runner, but producers are probably happy that things came out before they made their final choice.  

I wonder when they will need to start filming - I think it must be soon.

• Love 3

I think part of the problem I have had with this season is the flipping back and forth between Gabby's story and Rachel's.  I don't know the names of all the guys, and when the show is focused on one guy, then a different one, I have trouble keeping it straight which guy is on which "team."

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 6

Updated tea - there is speculation that Logan hooked up with a Virgin employee. Virgin would have pulled sponsorship if they aired it because it would make the cruise line look bad. The scene with the men was filmed real time which is why Jesse said it was a “situation” and not that hey you’ve all been exposed to Covid. Scene with Gabby was filmed later after they figured out their brilliant Covid cover story that makes absolutely no sense - especially for unionized film crews who would have safety protocols in place to protect employees in the case of exposure. 

• Mind Blown 10
  • Useful 11
3 hours ago, GracieK said:

Updated tea - there is speculation that Logan hooked up with a Virgin employee. Virgin would have pulled sponsorship if they aired it because it would make the cruise line look bad. The scene with the men was filmed real time which is why Jesse said it was a “situation” and not that hey you’ve all been exposed to Covid. Scene with Gabby was filmed later after they figured out their brilliant Covid cover story that makes absolutely no sense - especially for unionized film crews who would have safety protocols in place to protect employees in the case of exposure. 

I could have sworn I saw a coming attraction last week that showed Jessie telling Logan he had to leave immediately. I don't remember the scene exactly but Jessie seemed upset. I could be wrong but it appeared to be over something other than COVID.
I also noticed Reality Steve tweeted about finding it weird that Jessie refers to a 'situation' rather than COVID when telling the guys about Logan.

Edited by Melonie77
  • Love 4

The COVID thing is strange.  How much time passed between the group date Logan was on and the rose ceremony?

We're all experts at how this works -- if Logan tests positive between these two times, he gets quarantined.  As do all the guys, both leads, Jesse, the film crew, and the ship's crew.

The clip we saw last week where Jesse was telling Logan "yo gotta go" while on some rocky European beach did NOT sound like a COVID diagnosis.

Something's rotten about 800km south of the state of Denmark.

• Fire 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 9

The Covid thing has to be false because the way it was just brushed under the rug and then Jesse couldn’t even tell the other guys what was wrong .. it just doesn’t add up . And why were all the guys able to gather together when Jesse told them there was a situation ? Wouldn’t all of them have been exposed so they wouldn’t be able to be together as a group ? It is all too fishy . Plus like others said , there were coming attractions at one point of Jesse saying that Logan had to go and it didn’t seem like it was because of Covid .

• Love 3

I had a friend over for dinner last night so instead of watching live I recorded this episode.  And, wow, was that a good decision!  I just couldn't with the BDSM scene and I was able to fast-forward part of Gabby's cry fest good-bye with Nate (saved a LOT of time...).  I can hardly believe that hometowns are next week as I hardly know any names of the guys and don't even know who is on whose team.  Maybe part of it is that there is twice as much going on in each episode and that there are twice as many people left going into hometowns.  Maybe it's also because so many activities have been cancelled due to the emotional issues of the leads (not only cocktail parties but an entire group date [Rachel]).  

• Like 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Melonie77 said:

I could have sworn I saw a coming attraction last week that showed Jessie telling Logan he had to leave immediately. I don't remember the scene exactly but Jessie seemed upset. I could be wrong but it appeared to be over something other than COVID.
I also noticed Reality Steve tweeted about finding it weird that Jessie refers to a 'situation' rather than COVID when telling the guys about Logan.

I rewatched the preview from last week. When they show Jesse saying "There has been a situation with Logan", his watch is on his right arm, so the video is flipped. They then show Gabby wiping her tears (and by flipping the video they tried to make it look like Jesse was talking to Gabby), but it's likely from the scene where she was crying after dumping Nate. Then they show Jesse and Logan outside, and they go, J: "She was in tears", L: "I feel awful", J: "You gotta back your bags".

I did think that Gabby's reactions were weird when Jesse came into her room to inform her about Logan, but at the time I thought that maybe she was numb because she was prepared to hear that another guy had dumped her.

Edited by Caudex
typo
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4

Of course someone got COVID, they're on a cruise ship!

I'm not one for conspiracy theories, but another reason for Logan leaving makes sense, because as pointed out above, everyone would have to be quarantined for 2 weeks and get tested regularly. If Logan has COVID, they're all supposed to be treated as if they do, too. I'm confused — did they say Logan was gone permanently? Was that spelled out? Gabby sure didn't look upset about it.

I'm pleasantly surprised that Jesse is doing so well as host. I didn't expect it. Him speaking French was impressive, too.

I also have been to Amstersdam, but it was December (brrrr.....). Still fun.

I like the look of Bruges. I want to go there. So adorable!

Tino is getting scary. 

I have a minor crush on Tyler. He's so cute! I just want to tweak his cheeks!!

I agree about the BDSM scene. YUCK! What were they thinking? Quit trashing up the Bachelor/ette. I was happy when earlier in the season they didn't show the guys boxing each other, but I didn't need this, either.

Edited by Andromeda
Forgot the BDSM scene. EEEEEWWWW.
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Andromeda said:

did they say Logan was gone permanently? Was that spelled out? Gabby sure didn't look upset about it.

They did say several times that he was out.  If it was covid it seemed unfair (especially since they would have had to be sure no one else was positive).  Maybe they are making him swim back for hometowns.

• LOL 2

The whole "Logan got Covid" thing didn't make sense to me at all, which is why the "Logan banged a cruise ship gal" story makes so much more sense.

If the Covid thing was true, wouldn't they have to suspend filming?   Test, quarantine, and re-test.....the whole show?  Suspend it for at least 5-10 days, to ensure all negatives were reached?  Test everyone, crew members, food handlers, cast members, etc.?  

Why would they just move to a Rose ceremony and omit him?

I kept waiting for Gabby to Zoom with Logan, to try to get to know him better virtually, so she could possibly make a decision to keep him.

But nope, they just left him out, and hoped we'd forget about him.

And Jesse telling the guys that there's a "situation" with Logan.  Situation indeed.

Last week, the upcoming previews shows Gabby crying, saying something about someone lying.  

Logan may have screwed a cruise girl, but he screwed himself.  Out of this franchise.  He won't even be welcome on BIP.  Karma, baby.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Love 5
On 8/16/2022 at 7:53 PM, Starlight925 said:

The whole "Logan got Covid" thing didn't make sense to me at all, which is why the "Logan banged a cruise ship gal" story makes so much more sense.

If the Covid thing was true, wouldn't they have to suspend filming?   Test, quarantine, and re-test.....the whole show?  Suspend it for at least 5-10 days, to ensure all negatives were reached?  Test everyone, crew members, food handlers, cast members, etc.?  

Why would they just move to a Rose ceremony and omit him?

I kept waiting for Gabby to Zoom with Logan, to try to get to know him better virtually, so she could possibly make a decision to keep him.

But nope, they just left him out, and hoped we'd forget about him.

And Jesse telling the guys that there's a "situation" with Logan.  Situation indeed.

Last week, the upcoming previews shows Gabby crying, saying something about someone lying.  

Logan may have screwed a cruise girl, but he screwed himself.  Out of this franchise.  He won't even be welcome on BIP.  Karma, baby.

I remember when someone got COVID on DWTS, they zoomed while practicing their dances separately and then he came back onto the show live again when he tested negative!

On 8/16/2022 at 4:54 PM, call me ishmael said:

They did say several times that he was out.  If it was covid it seemed unfair (especially since they would have had to be sure no one else was positive).  Maybe they are making him swim back for hometowns.

I think he swam off to Mexico for BIP.

Edited by Melonie77
  • Love 2
On 8/16/2022 at 2:59 PM, Caudex said:

I rewatched the preview from last week. When they show Jesse saying "There has been a situation with Logan", his watch is on his right arm, so the video is flipped. They then show Gabby wiping her tears (and by flipping the video they tried to make it look like Jesse was talking to Gabby), but it's likely from the scene where she was crying after dumping Nate. Then they show Jesse and Logan outside, and they go, J: "She was in tears", L: "I feel awful", J: "You gotta back your bags".

I did think that Gabby's reactions were weird when Jesse came into her room to inform her about Logan, but at the time I thought that maybe she was numb because she was prepared to hear that another guy had dumped her.

Thanks so much for checking out the earlier previews. I can't believe how much this show edits to deceive. I hope we find out a bit more about WTH happened.
I suppose the producers want us to wonder about this since they clearly left out any mention of COVID in Jessie's conversation with the rest of Gabby's team.

Edited by Melonie77
  • Love 2
20 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

I think part of the problem I have had with this season is the flipping back and forth between Gabby's story and Rachel's.  I don't know the names of all the guys, and when the show is focused on one guy, then a different one, I have trouble keeping it straight which guy is on which "team."

The editing seems especially wacky this season too! We have Rachel's team walking all around Brussels for some time only to be told their group date is cancelled. The events and dialogue re Logan's dismissal don't seem to fit with what we are shown. With all the cancelled parties and the back and forth between leads it's hard to tell how much time has passed.

• Love 4

I don't understand the Covid. They removed him, cancelled the party but don't tell the other guys he's been in contact with and they're not told. They're on a cruise ship! 

They all should have been sent to cabins and isolated to take tests. 

• Love 2
22 hours ago, tinkerbell said:

For anyone having trouble putting names to the faces, here are the final men for each of the bachelorettes:

1Bachelorette-Gabby.thumb.jpg.088532ab233f8aaed82e3e4e1cdf2eff.jpg

1Bachelorette-Rachel2.thumb.jpg.186f5a0f2fceac64e28c3e205e448b5d.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Rachel has to be the actual worst dressed Bachelorette in history. Just from tonight, we had red 80s puff sleeves as big as her head, another sheer black single puff sleeve tacked onto a one shoulder black dress, an Oscar statue looking one sleeve dress (she's really trying to bring back the one shoulder look and it should stay dead), and a white one shoulder top that looked like someone cut up a fitted bed sheet and threw it on her body.

Say what you will about Gabby's skimpy clothing, she always looks banging. Which just emphasizes Rachel's awful, awful wardrobe.

Of all the places to take sepia-toned Polaroids with film aged since the 70s, a vividly colored field of tulips is not it.

I would have sent all of these grown men home for not being able to candidly answer straightforward questions about sex. It's 2022, I've shared more scandalous information with strangers at the bar.

Why did Gabby waste an entire one-on-one on somebody she had already decided to send home?? Why has there not been a single cocktail party? Why did they cancel Gabby's tonight even though she and the guys both wanted to be at it since if they were all exposed to Covid (which I see is a story we should be doubting), they're in the same boat (ha) anyway? And they were all together the next night maskless, so huh? Nothing this season has made any sense, and I feel like they've spent no time with these guys, and I'm bored. Take me to paradise.

• Applause 2
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, jade.black said:

Rachel has to be the actual worst dressed Bachelorette in history.

I was most disturbed by the getup she had when riding a bike through the tulips.  I think Rachel has a great body, but she needs to wear a bra that fits her to avoid that double-boob effect. That can't be comfortable.

The giant red shoulders didn't register, but that was probably all those years I spent getting used to Lady Gaga

• Love 2
On 8/17/2022 at 3:47 PM, phlebas said:

I was most disturbed by the getup she had when riding a bike through the tulips.  

I don't know where to start about her outfits. Let's just say I take anti-seasickness pills before I turn the teevee on, because I know at least two fashion crimes will make me barf: (1) Rachel's taste and (2) Gabby as Penthouse Wannabe. Maybe the show stylist is accessory before the fact...Now, for Rachel, she appears to be quite small and curvy, but she usually isn't dressed to flatter, and she loves gaudy (like Jibri, AKA "Spahkles," on "90-Day Fiance"). Those  red sleeves should carry a $500 fine. R also chooses unflattering colors such as dead-bouquet lavender; chartreuse (I was going to say puke green); and Time To Donate It to the Goodwill blah beige. As for Gabby, she should throw the show crap out and wear her nurse's scrubs, yes it couldn't be worse and it's such a common male fantasy.     

P.S Most of the guys are generally boring. However, probably no more boring than the crying, temper tantrums, and nonstop head bobbing and "yeah's."    

Edited by Tuneful
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2

The Bachelorette stylist (Cary) is...not good. Katie was dressed horribly on her season, and Michelle only looked good because Michelle has the figure of a supermodel. A lot of the dresses he chooses do not flatter the women. From what I recall, Rachel dressed herself nicely on Clayton's season and Gabby did too. Now, Rachel is forced into anything high fashion regardless of whether or not it's flattering or suitable for the activity, and Gabby is often dressed like a (very cute) hooker. The thigh-high heeled boots with a short, tight leather skirt on a cobblestone street with a group of five men would have definitely given off some wrong impressions in Amsterdam. 

I wish they'd just let the girls dress themselves again, they can't do any worse. 

Edited by SallyAlbright
  • Love 8

This season is just so dour, its been a problem with this show for ages now, but the show has just become miserable. Everyone is always crying or yelling, the dates are painful or degrading, nobody seems to actually be having any fun. This is my guilty pleasure, I want to feel some pleasure every once and awhile. This season it seems like Rachel and Gabby cry every single episode, it just makes me want to hope they find much more extensive therapy. Rachel needs constant validation or she has a break down, Gabby cant hear the word mom without crying, neither of them are in the right headspace for this show. 

I am also with everyone on how hard it is to tell the guys apart, I really cant believe that home towns are coming up, I feel like we hardly know the guys and have hardly seen them build relationships with Gabby or Rachel. Its all weird awkward half naked group dates and tears, with some whining from the guys in between. With us having to flip back and fourth between Gabby and Rachel, I feel like we are just getting two half stories instead of one like we normally do. This whole double date season has been a mess, I really hope we don't do it again. 

Some of the guys seem perfectly nice, I wish we knew them better, but the real catch is clearly Jessie. Hellooooo Jessie...

Edited by tennisgurl
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, SallyAlbright said:

The Bachelorette stylist (Cary) is...not good. Katie was dressed horribly on her season, and Michelle only looked good because Michelle has the figure of a supermodel. A lot of the dresses he chooses do not flatter the women. From what I recall, Rachel dressed herself nicely on Clayton's season and Gabby did too. Now, Rachel is forced into anything high fashion regardless of whether or not it's flattering or suitable for the activity, and Gabby is often dressed like a (very cute) hooker. The thigh-high heeled boots with a short, tight leather skirt on a cobblestone street with a group of five men would have definitely given off some wrong impressions in Amsterdam. 

I wish they'd just let the girls dress themselves again, they can't do any worse. 

I'm chiming in here to agree fervently with all those who have pointed out the terrible fashion on this season.  Gabby usually does look a lot better than Rachel, but when she came down in a beige tshirt and jeans to tell the guys she'd broken up with Nate, I couldn't believe how revealing that shirt was.  No bra, total nip visibility--I'm amazed she eluded the infamous black box.

Edited by Alexander Pope
sorry! mistake!
  • Love 4

Weird fashion aside, Rachel is one of those lucky people who looks great when she's crying. Not much of a shock, since she has plenty of practice at it.

Susie was the same way -- Clayton has a very specific type. (Good thing too, since he causes so much of that crying.)

• Wink 1
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

This season is just so dour, its been a problem with this show for ages now, but the show has just become miserable. Everyone is always crying or yelling, the dates are painful or degrading, nobody seems to actually be having any fun. This is my guilty pleasure, I want to feel some pleasure every once and awhile. This season it seems like Rachel and Gabby cry every single episode, it just makes me want to hope they find much more extensive therapy. Rachel needs constant validation or she has a break down, Gabby cant hear the word mom without crying, neither of them are in the right headspace for this show. 

I am also with everyone on how hard it is to tell the guys apart, I really cant believe that home towns are coming up, I feel like we hardly know the guys and have hardly seen them build relationships with Gabby or Rachel. Its all weird awkward half naked group dates and tears, with some whining from the guys in between. With us having to flip back and fourth between Gabby and Rachel, I feel like we are just getting two half stories instead of one like we normally do. This whole double date season has been a mess, I really hope we don't do it again. 

Some of the guys seem perfectly nice, I wish we knew them better, but the real catch is clearly Jessie. Hellooooo Jessie...

Agree! I’ve got a little crush on Jesse. He’s the best part of this season. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1

Which suitors will stick around to end up on hometowns by default? 

Zach and Nate get second 1:1s while half these guys haven’t had a single date yet?! Damn. If I were these leftover dudes just filling in the dwindling numbers, I’d be choosing to pack my bags like so many before me.

A whole lot of foreshadowing about Gabby, with her severe trauma over her mother, having a difficult decision about being a step-mother to Nate’s daughter… Oh, no! The date is just to a bench on the side of the road and she immediately starts crying! Nate’s face!! Guess we’re not seeing the tulips after all.

We know Gabby isn’t emotionally or mentally okay. But is she physically okay? She has a blue bruise on the back of her jawline by her left ear. A couple of weeks ago she looked like she had a big purple bump on her forehead. Actually, you can still see splotches on her forehead under the makeup. I am very concerned. Can you call DYFS on a 30-year-old woman? We need a wellness check over here!

They had Nate walk around the block to get to the SUV of sadness instead of having Gabby “walk him out” to a boat on the canal. Seems like a wasted opportunity. Nevermind, they put Gabby into a solemn boat ride with dramatic framing.

Will Zach also be dumped? It’s hard to tell since Rachel will make out with anyone unless and until they decide to dump her.

Ooh. A wine and cheese stand instead of a lemonade stand. A clog stand?! Okay, this is fake… Wait, there’s a lemonade stand, too! Zach asks 7-year-olds how to say cheers.

A pair of sleeves walk into a museum.  Rachel might be in there somewhere.

Zach’s “sob story” is that he got buff. Rachel’s stint “in therapy” after getting dumped by Clayton “was [her] favorite part of the week.” Uh, I think talking to the show’s therapist stage right maybe wasn’t quite the ultimate cure-all, but you do you.

Rachel’s in love—and cut to distraught Gabby. So are half of these guys going to stand up and say having kids is important to me, so if you don’t want children, this is a deal-breaker for me?

Now the show is saying to “get rid of dead weight—ditch your boyfriend and apply to be on The Bachelor”?! Back in my day, if you dumped your boyfriend to go on the show, that made you There for the Wrong Reasons!

Albuquerque! Albuquerque! Nobody asked for this. These guys and the viewers at home are severely uncomfortable. Asbestos!

Oh, thank goodness “the situation” is just  COVID. How did just Logan contract COVID? These people are always together.

Ah, yes, we’ve done this cheese lifting competition for many years. Pay no mind that there are only a dozen townspeople at the big, annual cheese festival.

Wow! This ONE sleeve is bigger than the other two put together! 

Tino did get crowned the Cheese King, it’s not looking too good for us…   Tyler, the Count of Carneys, overthrows the King of Cheese, and the king is all off with their heads. “Tino’s acting like a real baby back bitch.” Snort!

Logan is just off the show?! What’s the chances others won’t get COVID from him?! Maybe that’s for the best—everyone has COVID. Show’s over.

Tino “hit new levels of vulnerability.” This is where you see the producer manipulation come in: If you show your vulnerabilities, you get the rose. He’s flabbergasted.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

Didn't we see a preview where Zach is talking to Jesse about how he's got to "tell her" and he looks very serious?  I assume that's something worse than telling her about Uncle Kronk.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

Agree! I’ve got a little crush on Jesse. He’s the best part of this season. 

The salt and pepper beard and hair and the hunky build- I always check him out, especially when he looks concerned when the girls are sad.  Emotionally available, sexy fine lines AND he speaks French?! 😍  The guys this season are good looking, but there's something HOT about Jesse- and at 43 I wish they could have a hot bachelor his age or older with age-appropriate women competing for him.  Tino is definitely hot to me with his eyes, cheekbones, jaw, hair, smile- but too moody and insecure.  Tyler is the perfect blend of sexy and cute, but I'm going to dock him some point for having what looks like the Sandals Beach Resort palm tree logo tattooed all over his arm 😅

• Fire 1
  • Love 3
On 8/16/2022 at 12:20 AM, tinkerbell said:

Does it feel to anyone else like Gabby's story is the A plot line and Rachel is the B? Especially in this episode, I actually forgot that Rachel was going to have a date too, so much time was spent on Gabby's break up with Nate. And agreed with the poster who said that if children are a deal-breaker to the lead, they shouldn't cast men with children. It's pointless to spend an entire season watching them get to know someone that they couldn't possibly choose in the end.

I also found it hilarious and fitting that Gabby got the S&M date and Rachel's date was going to eat cheese. It just fed right into my perception that this is Gabby's show, co-starring Rachel.

The eliminations tonight were totally suspense-free. Spencer has barely had a passing mention and Ethan's departure was sealed as soon as Tyler got the group date rose. He was the other one I thought was on the bubble. Jason got his rose on the S&M date, she probably has him earmarked for the fantasy suite. Likewise, Spencer wrote his death certificate there.

I'm sure the editing is setting me up for a letdown, but I'm looking forward to Tino's hometown, I like it when the parents make it awkward.

Agreed with everyone else that the Covid story didn't make any sense and it's a bummer we didn't get to see Logan get the boot on some awkward 2-1, I thought they might get creative with the traditional "loser gets left behind" scene, like putting him in a lifeboat and showing the cruise ship moving away or something.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Okay so call me a prude or whatever, and I have to admit that I got roped into this show by a friend so I've NEVER seen any of the Bachelor or Bachelorette shows til this season, but my skin literally crawls every time I see these girl make out with these guys. Rachel especially probably because she does it just a tad bit more frequently than Gabby but I find it completely cringy either way. 

I just can't wrap my head around all this "intimacy" on these one on one dates where of course a make out session happens, then with the few group or cocktail dates we've seen they are then bouncing from guy to guy AT THE SAME VENUE making out with this one then that one then the other one. I mean I understand the show (well actually not really cause it's a huge eyeroll for me) but even as ludicrous as the shows premise is I still find myself completely taken aback at the fact that it's just no big deal that the woman you are making out with just had multiple dudes tongues in her mouth just minutes before. I just can't get passed that very disgusting reality of this show. I find it absolutely gross and I don't mean hygiene wise. I mean in the sense that there's supposed to be some real romantic future for these people. Meanwhile your future wife was just tonguing down that guy and then the other guy before she got to you..... Huh? and ILL!

I don't get how anyone can truly build true feelings for a person that has been so intimate with multiple partners in such close proximity of each other and in such a short period of time in between intimate moments. The show really doesn't make sense to me and it's confirmed what I thought about the premise of this show from the first time I heard about it.  CREEPY and CRINGY!

One thing I did see is that some of these participants are genuinely trying this method out in order to find love but even then, I can't understand how this can be considered a healthy approach at finding a long term relationship. It is my understanding that the show has produced a few successful pairings but even so, I would consider it to be based on distasteful beginnings. Successful or not. Happy it turned into an official commitment but I still find it to be a disappointing "How we met" story to tell the grandkids.   That's just me though, so...

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Okay so call me a prude or whatever, and I have to admit that I got roped into this show by a friend so I've NEVER seen any of the Bachelor or Bachelorette shows til this season, but my skin literally crawls every time I see these girl make out with these guys. Rachel especially probably because she does it just a tad bit more frequently than Gabby but I find it completely cringy either way. 

I just can't wrap my head around all this "intimacy" on these one on one dates where of course a make out session happens, then with the few group or cocktail dates we've seen they are then bouncing from guy to guy AT THE SAME VENUE making out with this one then that one then the other one. I mean I understand the show (well actually not really cause it's a huge eyeroll for me) but even as ludicrous as the shows premise is I still find myself completely taken aback at the fact that it's just no big deal that the woman you are making out with just had multiple dudes tongues in her mouth just minutes before. I just can't get passed that very disgusting reality of this show. I find it absolutely gross and I don't mean hygiene wise. I mean in the sense that there's supposed to be some real romantic future for these people. Meanwhile your future wife was just tonguing down that guy and then the other guy before she got to you..... Huh? and ILL!

I don't get how anyone can truly build true feelings for a person that has been so intimate with multiple partners in such close proximity of each other and in such a short period of time in between intimate moments. The show really doesn't make sense to me and it's confirmed what I thought about the premise of this show from the first time I heard about it.  CREEPY and CRINGY!

One thing I did see is that some of these participants are genuinely trying this method out in order to find love but even then, I can't understand how this can be considered a healthy approach at finding a long term relationship. It is my understanding that the show has produced a few successful pairings but even so, I would consider it to be based on distasteful beginnings. Successful or not. Happy it turned into an official commitment but I still find it to be a disappointing "How we met" story to tell the grandkids.   That's just me though, so...

If you are having trouble now, and it does squick a lot of us out, wait until the Fantasy Suites where the lead will have the chance to have “privacy” with up to 3 men. 

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
27 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

If you are having trouble now, and it does squick a lot of us out, wait until the Fantasy Suites where the lead will have the chance to have “privacy” with up to 3 men. 

Yeah, I heard about that aspect of the show..... I mean REALLY? YUCK!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against whatever lifestyle you wanna live and while in between boyfriends I've had more than one bedfellow floating around in my life during those windows of time.  But testing out the merchandise, while the others stare at their watches waiting for their turn........  

Absolutely vomit inducing. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Yeah, I heard about that aspect of the show..... I mean REALLY? YUCK!!!!

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against whatever lifestyle you wanna live and while in between boyfriends I've had more than one bedfellow floating around in my life during those windows of time.  But testing out the merchandise, while the others stare at their watches waiting for their turn........  

Absolutely vomit inducing. 

LOL. It isn’t quite that bad.   The dates are on consecutive nights.   And there are some who just use the privacy to talk without the cameras.  

• Love 1
Just now, DEL901 said:

LOL. It isn’t quite that bad.   The dates are on consecutive nights.   And there are some who just use the privacy to talk without the cameras.  

Yeah I threw a bit of hyperbole in there and I do assume they do use the time to talk, cuddle and actually treat it as an opportunity to be closer even without sex but my sentiment did come from some truth as well cause I heard what happened with the Bachelor season Gabby and Rachel came from and it seems they both hit it and then got dumped. That right there sorta sums it up for me. 

But yeah, people really are into this, participants and viewers and it is what it is. I do my best to just care as little as possible about these shows and I was doing just fine til my friend roped me into throwing a watch party for the premiere which included a season long commitment since she handed out Brackets to fill out each week and I'm not one to not finish something I start. LOL!

Definitely checking back out once this season is done. LOL!!

• Love 2
37 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Yeah I threw a bit of hyperbole in there and I do assume they do use the time to talk, cuddle and actually treat it as an opportunity to be closer even without sex but my sentiment did come from some truth as well cause I heard what happened with the Bachelor season Gabby and Rachel came from and it seems they both hit it and then got dumped. That right there sorta sums it up for me. 

But yeah, people really are into this, participants and viewers and it is what it is. I do my best to just care as little as possible about these shows and I was doing just fine til my friend roped me into throwing a watch party for the premiere which included a season long commitment since she handed out Brackets to fill out each week and I'm not one to not finish something I start. LOL!

Definitely checking back out once this season is done. LOL!!

Give Bachelor in Paradise a try.  Low rent and unapologetic.   And actually more successful at creating lasting couples since they mingle between official dates.  

• Love 3